Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 25, 2012 11:30 PM

Jul 2012
Really, people? Can we have one thread that doesn't shit on SAO in one way or another?
Oct 25, 2012 11:35 PM

Jun 2009
h4x_the_zombie said:
Really, people? Can we have one thread that doesn't shit on SAO in one way or another?

Maybe in several years time when all the hype wears off or another terrible show takes it's most overrated title.

Because right now, it is the "current" most overrated show.

Naruto, Bleach, Guilty Crown all had their share in the past.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2012 11:39 PM

Jul 2012
AirStyles said:
h4x_the_zombie said:

Maybe in several years time when all the hype wears off or another terrible show takes it's most overrated title.

Tch. That's completely ridiculous.
I'm still waiting for people to stop bashing Clannad/Air/Angel Beats.
I had never seen so much bashing before I joined MAL; I don't think the users of this site have any manners.
Oct 25, 2012 11:49 PM

Jul 2011
Overly Bad Anime = Comedy
Oct 25, 2012 11:50 PM

Jun 2009
h4x_the_zombie said:
AirStyles said:
h4x_the_zombie said:

Tch. That's completely ridiculous.
I'm still waiting for people to stop bashing Clannad/Air/Angel Beats.
I had never seen so much bashing before I joined MAL; I don't think the users of this site have any manners.

Eh?

I seldom come across of Clannad/Air bashing, though Angel Beats are more common compare to the 2 because of it's age.

If you don't like MAL and it's community, you can always go back to where you were. (Sorry that your experience here have been unpleasant)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 1:11 AM
Oct 2012
One piece is the plot of the play will be beyond my contrary to expectation, and very shocked me.
The life you want, digital photo frame will give you satisfaction.Full of animation breath.
Trick or treat! Merry Christmas, it would be a good holiday.If you have a digital photo frame as a <a href="http://www.digitalframe8.com/blog/cheap-digital-photo-frame-14-1-inch-in-white-or-black-839.html">gift</a>
Oct 26, 2012 2:27 AM

Oct 2011
i have to say that would be Sword Art Online ..

i hate how all the fights last only 10 seconds, even if it's a strong boss.. xD
i hate those unnecessary ecchi moments that don't even give any meaning.. so it's just bad fan-service o3o
also, how you can't see any developments
and how they skip like.. yknow 20 floors o3o

and i don't even know what ís good about the whole anime but i still like it a lot and i'm looking forward to sundays to see the next episode.. xD
Oct 26, 2012 2:29 AM

Feb 2012
Most of what I rated high are considered garbage by the elitist, but I still rated them that because I enjoyed them.
Oct 26, 2012 2:32 AM

Oct 2012
Without providing any examples, there's something(s) about every anime I've watched (I haven't seen very many) that I don't like or think are bad. I try not to focus on those parts if what makes the show enjoyable for me outweighs the negative traits.
Oct 26, 2012 2:33 AM
Apr 2012
Actually I watch Sukitte Ii na yo.and I can tell that it's really bad anime, but I like characters and I like watching it.
Oct 26, 2012 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
no, a bad anime can't be enjoyable because I can't stop thinking to myself, this had the potential to be so much better and get really frustrated.
Oct 26, 2012 10:57 AM

Sep 2009
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
mitch3315 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Sword Art Online. Bad, yes. Enjoyable, yes.

Twilight isn't a better love story than anything.

That was in the past. Its now the #2 worst love story

lets not get carried away here. its not THAT bad.
Oct 26, 2012 11:04 AM

May 2012
Simple answer, yes.
Oct 26, 2012 11:36 AM

Sep 2011
JavierR said:
SAO is a good example of that. I think its bad but I cant stop watching it

This.

Oct 26, 2012 11:38 AM
Dec 2011
Yea Guilty Crown
Oct 26, 2012 11:42 AM

Feb 2010
kightzeareau said:
no, a bad anime can't be enjoyable because I can't stop thinking to myself, this had the potential to be so much better and get really frustrated.

How come you enjoy SAO then?
Oct 26, 2012 12:27 PM

Oct 2012
Vanisher said:
kightzeareau said:

It's not a bad anime, not by a long shot. I think its probably the best of its kind in the fantasy/online genre (if there is such a thing). It knows what it is, doesn't try to be something its not and works with its limitations in a setting of a online world. The pacing is great and the plot set ups are believable within the setting.

You should of mentioned guilty crown because they had the budget and production to make something special. The contrived main character was so un-watchable to a point that it was literally quite disgusting I had to quit.
So I'm not sure why you would ask that question about SAO unless you are one of the few that goes against the grain of the new fad of SAO and you're just trying to use my statement as a joke or a allegation against it. Thats your opinion just like mine and many others, but I do have to say that it is sad that you would put SAO in that category when there are worse candidates befitting my original statement.
kightzeareauOct 26, 2012 12:37 PM
Oct 26, 2012 12:54 PM

Jul 2012
kightzeareau said:
Vanisher said:
kightzeareau said:

It's not a bad anime, not by a long shot. I think its probably the best of its kind in the fantasy/online genre (if there is such a thing). It knows what it is, doesn't try to be something its not and works with its limitations in a setting of a online world. The pacing is great and the plot set ups are believable within the setting.

You should of mentioned guilty crown because they had the budget and production to make something special. The contrived main character was so un-watchable to a point that it was literally quite disgusting I had to quit.
So I'm not sure why you would ask that question about SAO unless you are one of the few that goes against the grain of the new fad of SAO and you're just trying to use my statement as a joke or a allegation against it. Thats your opinion just like mine and many others, but I do have to say that it is sad that you would put SAO in that category when there are worse candidates befitting my original statement.

What are opinions.
Oct 26, 2012 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
I would cite FLCL as an example. The pacing is ridiculous, and most of the time it would appear that there is no plot, but I really enjoyed it.
Oct 26, 2012 1:51 PM

Oct 2012
ihateeveryone said:
kightzeareau said:
Vanisher said:
kightzeareau said:

What are opinions.

Over Powered Minions
Oct 26, 2012 1:55 PM

Oct 2012
Eureka Seven AO isn't that great, but I'm still watching because of Renton and Eureka :<
Oct 26, 2012 2:21 PM

Dec 2010
yeah, Accel World was kinda bad, but I still looked forward to it every week
the avatars and fights were visually appealing

kightzeareau said:
Vanisher said:
kightzeareau said:

wha ...... are you really talking about SAO here?
don't wanna start a fight, but that anime is the definition of a show that couldn't properly use its potential
Oct 26, 2012 2:25 PM

Aug 2012
I suppose any anime with a crap story line but which is hilarious, although none really come to mind.
Oct 26, 2012 3:23 PM

Aug 2012
I think rosario vampire is an example of it exactly. Super corny, yet i enjoyed every bit.
Oct 26, 2012 3:25 PM

Sep 2010
haha where do I start, just look at my list and you'll get the point:P
Oct 26, 2012 3:34 PM

Oct 2010
You mean Mars of destruction? Yes. It all depends on how much your enjoyment factor differs from the real purpose of the show (i.e. laughing hysterically at a drama).

Anime_Name said:
Can an anime be bad, but still enjoyable?

Yes, so long as subjective enjoyment isn't the same thing as objective quality.

Oh no no not this shit again.
Oct 26, 2012 3:46 PM

Nov 2011
steaminferno said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
mitch3315 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
[img]http://s11.postimage.org/hjln62psj/Twilight_Still_a_better_romance_than_Swor_Art_O.jpg[mg]

But it is.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 26, 2012 3:49 PM

Oct 2012
ShiroX said:
yeah, Accel World was kinda bad, but I still looked forward to it every week
the avatars and fights were visually appealing

kightzeareau said:
Vanisher said:
kightzeareau said:

wha ...... are you really talking about SAO here?
don't wanna start a fight, but that anime is the definition of a show that couldn't properly use its potential

Then let's not fight. I think each and everyone holds different standards in what we would expect in our past time watching anime and what we can appropriately cheer for and boo in disdain. The fact of SAO's growing popularity is that its triggering the right notes in what people want to see. Every story has the potential to do better then it is written but the fact I enjoyed the series tells me that I for one loved the story and character progression, the pacing never left me bored and It had me thinking what would of been like to be in that type of world. To me that's a successful anime that has kept me enthralled.
I'm not sure why people are bothered that people would actually like SAO, the potential is vast but you can only do so much in a episode and if you try to do everything it just ends in a cluster****. They stayed true to their story path and delivered IMO an above average story arc.
Maybe I'm missing the point of the OP, I think if an anime is bad but enjoyable, then its not really bad because you found it enjoyable. It doesn't make any sense to me why anyone would continue watching something of poor quality or if you don't like it. If you enjoyed it, that's good, means it was a good anime. I don't understand this grey area. If you like it, good! If you don't, good! SAO may not live to its full potential, but it knows its audience and knows how to tell a story to keep us entertained.
kightzeareauOct 26, 2012 3:57 PM
Oct 26, 2012 4:13 PM

Dec 2009
rederoin said:
steaminferno said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
mitch3315 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
[img]http://s11.postimage.org/hjln62psj/Twilight_Still_a_better_romance_than_Swor_Art_O.jpg[mg]

But it is.

We can continue this forever and ever...

No it isn't.
Oct 26, 2012 4:15 PM

Jun 2009
Yes it is.

Regardless yes an anime can be so bad but enjoyable. I think that pertains to all media.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Oct 26, 2012 4:21 PM

Dec 2008
Yes, look at K for instance.
Oct 26, 2012 5:46 PM

Oct 2009
IntroverTurtle said:
That could be because nobody watches hentai for those reasons, or really cares about those.

Doesn't it means that what people seeks in a show is not quality, but something what they wanted to see, no matter how bad it was done?

Karhu said:
There is exceptions. This hentai romance for example is better than majority of romance series,
http://myanimelist.net/manga/14476/Kyoushi_to_Seito_to

Thank you for the recommendation.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 26, 2012 5:51 PM
Jul 2012
azzuRe said:
IntroverTurtle said:
That could be because nobody watches hentai for those reasons, or really cares about those.

Doesn't it means that what people seeks in a show is not quality, but something what they wanted to see, no matter how bad it was done?

Karhu said:
There is exceptions. This hentai romance for example is better than majority of romance series,
http://myanimelist.net/manga/14476/Kyoushi_to_Seito_to

Thank you for the recommendation.

i also reccomend that h manga, that's the second best one other than ring x mama
Oct 26, 2012 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
rederoin said:
steaminferno said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
mitch3315 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

But it is.

No it isn't.

It is, in my opinion.

No, we can't go do this forever. Its pretty obvious we have different opinions on what the worst romance.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 26, 2012 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
I find it odd you would call an anime you enjoy bad--divorcing what you think from what you think doesn't make sense imo. That being said I really liked sora no woto even tho it was horrible plot wise and pacing wise tho the setting was interesting but I wouldn't call that bad.
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Oct 26, 2012 6:50 PM

Feb 2010
rederoin said:
Sir_Lexa said:
rederoin said:
steaminferno said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
mitch3315 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

But it is.

No it isn't.

It is, in my opinion.

No, we can't go do this forever. Its pretty obvious we have different opinions on what the worst romance.

Hey now, I actually like Twilight...for its action scenes.
Oct 26, 2012 7:07 PM

Oct 2012
To me, It was shakugan no shana. Hated It's plot, hated the characters, too much cliche, solving everything with love was just ridiculous. I'unno, It's a frustating anime, yet I've watched all of It's episodes and I for some reason enjoyed getting frustated by every episode. Maybe I'm a lil' masochist, I'unno :<
Oct 26, 2012 7:16 PM

Mar 2012
Yes an anime can be bad but enjoyable. It's called a guilty pleasure. Or it could be a 'so bad it's good' kind of thing. Like Mars of Destruction. That's enjoyable because it's bad.

I have a guilty pleasure section on my profile. But if you don't feel like looking, the shows I'd consider guilty pleasures are Lucky Star, Clannad and Yuruyuri.

Lucky Star is one of the most mediocre shows I've ever watched. It has as much bad points as it has good points.

Clannad (The first Season) had cheesy, manipulative drama and a flawed storytelling method. However, the relationship between Tomoya and Nagisa was very believable. I liked the romance aspect between them even though I find most romances cheesy and mushy. Plus the comedy was hilarious and the animation is the best I've seen to this day.

Yuruyuri is one of the least original shows I've ever watched (Well, behind A-Channel and MOD). It's basically plagiarising K-On, Lucky Star and Azumanga Daioh all at the same time. You know your show isn't all that innovative when you have four tsundere characters. The only thing that sets it apart is the incredibly weak shoujo-ai. But why did I watch Season 2? Because I thought some of the jokes were pretty good. It's not that great as a slice of life but it was a decent comedy. Even though I didn't like anyone else in the cast, I actually found Akari to be one of the most consistently funny characters I've seen in any anime. Despite being confused about the decision, I'm not even mad that Yuruyuri won an award.
I definitely don't hate Yuruyuri. I actually really want to see an English dub for the show and I'm eagerly anticipating the (inevitable) announcement of a third season or movie.
Oct 27, 2012 12:05 AM

Jul 2012
Guilty Crown, lol. Sure the plot was pretty sucky, but I couldnt help but love it for the visuals, soundtrack, and action. The style of action just hit a sweet spot for me.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 27, 2012 12:34 AM

Oct 2012
sometimes even though its bad, you get to enjoy it later :)
Oct 27, 2012 12:43 AM
Aug 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
rederoin said:
steaminferno said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
mitch3315 said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
http://s11.postimage.org/hjln62psj/Twilight_Still_a_better_romance_than_Swor_Art_O.jpg

But it is.

No it isn't.

Episode 11Ah! Married Life. Bitch doesn't know what Kirito-kuns age is. Gets a new child in the forrest
Yui: "Mama! Papa"

Episode 12
Asuna-bitch: "We can't live without you. We're family"
Kirito-kun: *cries in the background* *epiphony* *Saves Yui's data with Hax Hacking*

Episode 13
Gets called back to HQ. Time to fight dangerous monster.
Kirito-kun: "Stay behind useless woman!"
Asuna-bitch: "If you die out there I'll kill myself"

OKAY! ITS NOT /Sarcasm

Please don't let me go any further. Why do I even bother remembering this shit.
Oct 27, 2012 1:33 AM

Mar 2012
I'm enjoying Sword Art Online too even though it's got the pacing of a man with a broken leg who lost his crutch. At least it's not as painful to watch. lol

Another bad anime that I enjoyed was Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi. There's really no plot to this one. It's just a new kid moves out into the country and meets new people. It's got a nice love story and it's funny as hell...but even I have to admit there isn't a whole lot that happens in this series.
Oct 27, 2012 1:42 AM

Jun 2012
Yes. Angel Beats!, Guilty Crown, and Sword Art Online have fairly bad plots, but I have fun watching them, even if it is because of "so bad it's good."
Oct 27, 2012 1:56 AM

Mar 2011
Yes. I sometimes find bad anime kind of funny xD
Oct 27, 2012 2:41 AM

Mar 2011
Yes, for me it's Gulity Crown
But not enjoyable because you can make fun of it like some people said in this thread d:
Oct 27, 2012 5:45 AM

Jun 2012
sword art online and fairy tail are that way for me :D
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Oct 27, 2012 5:57 AM
Jan 2011
Yes, there are a many bad shows that I've enjoyed.
Oct 27, 2012 8:38 AM

Aug 2010
Guilty Crown, I thought it was bad while watching but I watched the whole way through anyway just because I wanted it all to make sense at the end.
Oct 27, 2012 8:45 AM

Sep 2012
Yes, I'm enjoying the hell out of Sword Art Online
Oct 27, 2012 9:07 AM

Jul 2012
yes. Gantz is a prime one for me. the plot is ridiculously stupid but when the finally get to the action its badass.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» What anime would you like to see another season of?

YukiiJade - 14 minutes ago

3 by Daviljoe193 »»
10 minutes ago

» Name Two Anime you want to crossover?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

17 by Lost_Viking »»
15 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9146 by appledude1221 »»
21 minutes ago

» Should anime strive to be more realistic?

Pokitaru - 9 hours ago

15 by arcticdrop712 »»
28 minutes ago

» Last 3 anime

JoeChip - Yesterday

37 by BatoKusanagi »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.