Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2013 8:46 PM

Apr 2009
Oh, we appreciate the plot, really. It's just that there's alot to be admired about Maou's rocking tits.
Jan 4, 2013 8:53 PM
Aug 2012
Amarrez said:
Oh, we appreciate the plot, really. It's just that there's alot to be admired about Maou's rocking tits.

some what i feel like people can't separate fantasy from reality and fighting over unnecessary things

but its cooool to hear that :)

Anyone notice the opening with the gold coins, i feel like this is going a large scale of trading than spice and wolf did
Jan 4, 2013 8:54 PM

Nov 2007
I wasn't really sure because of the "other" shows from ARMS.

But as soon as I saw Fuku-Jun and Ami-chan turning the time back to those amazing Kraft and Horo moments, I thought I should give this one a try! Woot! Definitely going to watch this show! Because Maou is so cute!

5/5 for the first episode. And Sawashiro Miyuki and Kamiya Hiroshi and Tomatsu Haruka and Saito Chiwa and many more!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 4, 2013 8:59 PM

Aug 2009
KamiKali said:

I didn't even notice the too much boob scene of maou until i stumble in here all talking about boobs -_________-

Then you, my friend, have a very serious problem. =P
Jan 4, 2013 9:01 PM

Oct 2012
KamiKali said:
Wow ....
Not to be arrogant but i feel bad for you people seeing just the boobs seen rather than the anime itself ^___________^

I didn't even notice the too much boob scene of maou until i stumble in here all talking about boobs -_________-

Yeah, I didn't notice any boobs either.
Though, I did see some sandbags, did you happen to see those by chance?

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Jan 4, 2013 9:02 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode! And there's kind a kind of resemblance to Spice and Wolf. oooh... I'm looking forward on the next ep :))
Jan 4, 2013 9:13 PM
Dec 2012
It was weird watching this episode because it seemed almost like the end of a very long series rather than the beginning.

I hope we see more ecchi goodness from the Demon King and the blonde chick looks like a very delicious tsundere type, also recognized the same voice actress as Kurapika (from Hunter x Hunter, great show if you haven't seen it yet)

Having massive OCD towards completing everything, I hope we get some flashbacks of the war, makes my mind race in millions of way of how this series could of been a long running show that eventually reached this point (meeting the Demon King) after several years.

The "love" aspect seems very premature but its an Anime, so Murphys Law I guess. Looking forward to a few more episodes before I decide to keep watching or drop.
Jan 4, 2013 9:23 PM
Oct 2010
Disregarding the boobs (I really don't like fanservice but they mostly used it as a joke so whatever), I think the premise is quite interesting considering the light hearted nature of the show.
Jan 4, 2013 9:31 PM

Feb 2008
This was surprisingly decent. Figured it was another generic fantasy series, but the two main characters and the entire premise are actually quite the opposite of generic. I love some economics too, so this will be an enjoyable ride assuming it keeps up the quality. Although I am a little disappointed that it's only 12 episodes long, since an anime of this scale would be much better suited for 25.
Jan 4, 2013 9:42 PM
Oct 2010
Additionally did anyone else like the background art in the show? The style is really nice to look at.
Jan 4, 2013 9:43 PM
Sep 2012
Quite a bit of fanservice, didn't expect that.
Kind of a delightful and entangled plot, but seeing as this anime only goes for 12 episodes, i'm having trouble believing everything would fit in during that time.
Dat ending, made my day.
Jan 4, 2013 10:10 PM

Apr 2012
Didn't like the excessive fan service but the dialogue about war and politics was great.
The animation was pretty stellar too especially the background art
Funny and serious at times XD
Hopefully they will stay on track!

Jan 4, 2013 10:27 PM

Jun 2008
Everyone somehow seems to forget, but the anime is an adaptation of the Novel.. not the manga, and The Art was also used from the novel.

Most of the people loves the "Akira Ishida" version to much, that they forget about the Light Novel.

Remember the scene where the characters line up on the hill?
Here's a similar pic, from the Novel website, just look a the Chara Design.

AND "EXCESSIVE Fan service"? Not this shit again. Heck, if we use that amount as standard then Spice and Wolf has more fanservice because of how often Holo is running around naked......
kaimaxJan 4, 2013 10:31 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 4, 2013 10:40 PM

Sep 2011
kaimax said:
Everyone somehow seems to forget, but the anime is an adaptation of the Novel.. not the manga, and The Art was also used from the novel.

didnt know that o.o

kaimax said:
AND "EXCESSIVE Fan service"? Not this shit again. Heck, if we use that amount as standard then Spice and Wolf has more fanservice because of how often Holo is running around naked......

agreed
Jan 4, 2013 10:49 PM

Apr 2010
Why are people so hyped about this show, anyway? Its an ARMs adaption of a 2ch written story. It had failure written all over it.

Jan 4, 2013 10:52 PM

Apr 2009
I had low expectations that have already been exceeded.
Jan 4, 2013 11:00 PM

Jun 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Why are people so hyped about this show, anyway? Its an ARMs adaption of a 2ch written story. It had failure written all over it.

If it was "failing", then why is the LN still on going and having 4 different manga adaptation that focuses on different parts of the novel?

Jan 4, 2013 11:03 PM

Apr 2009
I don't think that's what he meant by 'failure'. He is saying the show was destined to be a failure because it's ARMS adaptating an originally amateur work.

He's wrong, in any case. The show is good in terms of both quality and popularity.
Jan 4, 2013 11:09 PM

Jun 2008
I didn't go into this with very high expectations, and they were exceeded. This was OK, the background art was well-done which you don't always see. The joke about war's cost/benefits made me laugh. I'm worried this show is going to be too fanservice-laden. They didn't overdo it this episode, but things were getting a little close to the line. All in all a show I'm hoping gets better as it goes along.
Jan 4, 2013 11:11 PM

Jun 2008
Amarrez said:
I don't think that's what he meant by 'failure'. He is saying the show was destined to be a failure because it's ARMS adaptating an originally amateur work.

Once again, they blame Studios for their recent releases, when ARMs also made Genshiken and Elfen Lied. It's True that they mostly do Ecchi and hentai animes, but that doesn't mean they'll automatically make this a fanservice galore, when in fact they're just adapting things straightly from the novel.

Jan 4, 2013 11:30 PM

Nov 2007
well that established the main characters fast. I liked both, but I'm curious about his 3 former human companions.

The Demon King sure isn't what was expected. She's kinda cute.
Jan 4, 2013 11:45 PM

Jul 2009
Vizi_Reality said:
Love it
The OP and ED somehow remind me of Spices and Wolf
And the explanation about the economics and the interaction between Maou and Yuusha is really interesting to see
I loled a bit :D

it is because it is the same singer for ED if im not wrong.

But i feel really sorry for Female knight. She seems to be even flatter than in any other adaptation...
And grampa look so baddass xD
bruh
Jan 5, 2013 12:12 AM

Mar 2012
Was it just me or was the hero a little wimpy? I expected a little more
Jan 5, 2013 12:18 AM

Feb 2012
Crap. i didn't watch Spice and wolf. Will this affect my understanding about the plot and concept of the story? So what is this series really about? Can someone save my time and give a quick explanation of how it revolves?
Jan 5, 2013 12:22 AM

Oct 2012
pizza_012 said:
Crap. i didn't watch Spice and wolf. Will this affect my understanding about the plot and concept of the story? So what is this series really about? Can someone save my time and give a quick explanation of how it revolves?

To be honest, I think it's best us two don't watch Spice and Wolf yet. If this series turns out to be 'worse' in comparison to S&W, at least we can fall back and watch something better, like S&W.
Save the best for last, imo.
ShoryuJan 5, 2013 12:25 AM

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Mar 2010
Ugh ugh ugh...boobs...monstrous boobs. >_<
The anime is actually good with a nice story but the unnecessary comedy and those MONSTROUS WATER MELONS! Ugh.
And the hero is wimpy. Sigh.
6/10 for now.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!

May 2010
This is actually pretty good
Jan 5, 2013 12:26 AM

Apr 2009
pizza_012 said:

This series isn't related to Spice and Wolf at all, it's just similar.
Jan 5, 2013 12:28 AM
Oct 2010
phoenixalia said:
Ugh ugh ugh...boobs...monstrous boobs. >_<
The anime is actually good with a nice story but the unnecessary comedy and those MONSTROUS WATER MELONS! Ugh.
And the hero is wimpy. Sigh.
6/10 for now.

How is the hero wimpy? :|
Jan 5, 2013 12:36 AM

Feb 2012
Amarrez said:

Yeah, I know. I just want to know if completely watching Spice and Wolf before this will increase my chances of grasping the plot and the story behind it? Since i'm quite new to this kind of show, could you spare me your time for a bit and let me know what it is about? Just a quick Overview. Just put a spoiler tag if necessary.
Jan 5, 2013 12:50 AM

Apr 2009
pizza_012 said:
Amarrez said:

Yeah, I know. I just want to know if completely watching Spice and Wolf before this will increase my chances of grasping the plot and the story behind it? Since i'm quite new to this kind of show, could you spare me your time for a bit and let me know what it is about? Just a quick Overview. Just put a spoiler tag if necessary.

Okay then.

Essentially, there's a large focus on macro economics and agriculture, especially at the beginning. The focus then shifts to politics.
Jan 5, 2013 1:00 AM

Jun 2008
Amarrez said:
Essentially, there's a large focus on macro economics and agriculture, especially at the beginning. The focus then shifts to politics.

and at one point religion and then back to Macroeconomics again.

Spice and Wold was more about Microeconomics when compared to Maoyu.

Jan 5, 2013 1:01 AM

Feb 2012
Amarrez said:
pizza_012 said:
Amarrez said:

Okay then.

Well, thank You for spending your time on making a quick explanation. It would be easier for me to understand the show. Short but brief.
Jan 5, 2013 1:01 AM

Jan 2011
Even though SAO was a game it left a pretty bad taste for fantasy for me along side all the other crap fantasys last season with that said i pray this turns out good even if it used the whole *Hero and Demon king* setting they at least made it interesting in making them pair up

it's to early to judge just having an hard time figuring how serious it plans to be lol wasn't expecting all dem close ups.
Jan 5, 2013 1:06 AM

Jun 2008
katsu044 said:
Even though SAO was a game it left a pretty bad taste for fantasy for me along side all the other crap fantasys last season with that said i pray this turns out good even if it used the whole *Hero and Demon king* setting they at least made it interesting in making them pair up

it's to early to judge just having an hard time figuring how serious it plans to be lol wasn't expecting all dem close ups.

Rather than just "pure fantasy" setting, this is more akin to Medieval Fantasy, Maoyu uses a more realistic approach since it focuses more on a whole-nation-scale macro economics.

About seriousness, if done right it will have a nice balance between the "intelligent talk" and character comedy. FYI, the same thing happened in the LN and manga, it's not the studio ramping up the ecchi level.

Jan 5, 2013 1:06 AM

Sep 2011
I enjoyed it, had the same feel as spice and wolf. Looking forward to this anime.
Jan 5, 2013 1:28 AM

Jun 2008
Warily optimistic about this series. The plot itself is pretty interesting and I'm intrigued to see where it goes, but I'm not enjoying the romance that will obviously play a huge role. Hopefully it'll get better, so I'll keep watching.
Jan 5, 2013 1:34 AM

Mar 2011
When I saw the female lead's design in the promo poster on ANN, I knew the studios behind this series would play up on her cleavage considering how much focus they've put onto them in her character design. Despite being subtly(?) emulated as a sex object, I did enjoy the Demon King's ideas on the economic and political situation going on in the Maoyuu universe. The fact that she is a closet fangirl swooning over the Hero is also a cute bonus. From what I can gather, the Demon King has admired the Hero from afar for quite some time and, with his aid, has wanted to choose the most idyllic way of ending the war between humans and demons. Minus achieving her goals of creating a peaceful future, it's pretty obvious she's also romantically interested in the Hero, too. I look forward to seeing some more sappy moments regarding this pair.

On another note, this show's striking resemblance(and even seiyuu combi; whoa) to Spice & Wolf convinced me to pick up the first season again after leaving it on hold for so many months. The plot has thickened and I look forward to following both of these two similar series over this next winter season!

I'm also curious about one of the Hero's companions; the blonde girl with the braid(I think she had a sword?). I sense there will be some sort of love triangle between her, the Hero and the Demon King. A cliche assumption nonetheless, but feasible, considering the small romance/comedy aspect this show has. I've also taken a liking for the aloof trio of mages. Looking forward to their appearances in the next few episodes.

Both the opening and the ending were also fantastic; the ending especially. I can't wait to listen to the full versions of both tracks! Other than that, the animation and direction could be better, but the art style itself isn't half bad. I really like the Demon King's design, minus her ridiculous water balloons. Her removable horns are awesome. xD

I hope there are more decent series coming out soon. There are already quite a few other titles I've set my eyes upon. I also hope that this series lives up to expectation and delivers something amazing!
Jan 5, 2013 1:37 AM

Sep 2008
Well, I'm not impressed, and this just screams *seen before*, but we shall see, I may be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
Jan 5, 2013 1:53 AM

Feb 2011
Could have done without so much fanservice, but it was a good first episode. I love Spice and Wolf and I love Ami Koshimizu and Jun Fukuyama is great so I know I'm going to be pretty biased when it comes to the show throughout the season.
Managing Editor of Population GO -- a place for geeks and otaku who have a passion for anime, comics, film, manga, video games, etc.

Jan 5, 2013 1:58 AM
Jun 2008
The story is almost same as Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. The only different is that the guy receive invitation from the girl instead of the opposite and its a ecchi school harem xD
Jan 5, 2013 2:03 AM

Nov 2011
Wonder how this will go. Interesting first episode and had some laughs.
Especially at the end when she was getting all mushy with the pillow. LOL
Then she just pops off her fake horns. LOL

So what exactly makes a demon a demon? The horns were fake, so now she just looks like a normal, hot, voluptuous woman!
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 5, 2013 2:03 AM
Oct 2010
MorningGlory said:
The story is almost same as Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. The only different is that the guy receive invitation from the girl instead of the opposite and its a ecchi school harem xD
Really? I thought it was more similar to Death Note...
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 5, 2013 2:06 AM

Apr 2009
Ajunky said:
MorningGlory said:

...you're going to have to elaborate more on that one for me.
Jan 5, 2013 2:08 AM

Dec 2012
lol at people complaining about " too much fanservice" i mean really ? a couple of scenes with her boobs jiggling is too much , it is not even close to an ecchi series
i think im gonna watch it till the end seems interesting and have some nice VA and artstyle.
Jan 5, 2013 2:10 AM
Oct 2010
Ragix said:
So what exactly makes a demon a demon? The horns were fake, so now she just looks like a normal, hot, voluptuous woman!
Makes you wonder doesn't it? If the hero has fought countless of demons he should know if they have real horns of not.

So either they don't have horns (which would not explain his surprise at her's being fake) or she's the rarity that doesn't have them. (Or most likely I'm just overthinking)
Amarrez said:
Ajunky said:
MorningGlory said:

...you're going to have to elaborate more on that one for me.
I just thought it was a challenge to see who made the more absurd comparison.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 5, 2013 2:11 AM

Apr 2010
Definitely going to keep fapping to watching this.

Also, it's surprising how obvious the headband is when watching the episode again.
antonnJan 5, 2013 2:17 AM
Jan 5, 2013 2:36 AM

Nov 2011
The first episode wasn't bad, I'll keep watching this. But, they really need to get rid of the fanservice.
Jan 5, 2013 2:44 AM

Feb 2010
thracias said:
The first episode wasn't bad, I'll keep watching this. But, they really need to get rid of the fanservice.

and losing half of the potential BD buyer that sound like a good plan....
Jan 5, 2013 2:54 AM

Sep 2009
First I thought: "If this has a crappy story and just fanservice I'll drop it after 1 ep"
Then I watched the 1st ep.

Well guess I'll keep watching since the story so far seems promising, just need to ignore the fanservice.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2013

219 by mogneto »»
Sep 18, 7:14 AM

Poll: » Do you think that anime season 2nd will be available in future?

SametTakao - Nov 6, 2023

13 by zazo_Zero_2 »»
Aug 17, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

111 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

125 by Split_Head_77 »»
May 24, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

symbv - Mar 1, 2013

211 by MeguriRapture »»
Mar 6, 12:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.