Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (29) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Dec 22, 2012 9:58 PM

Jun 2007
I actually enjoyed this anime a lot. I've never read the novel and I've only read part of the manga and only noticed this anime when I was looking at the "not aired club" so I went into this series blind and unbiased. Despite the obvious flaws at the end due to the rushing around I still thought it was one of the best shows this season. The whole second arc definitely should have been longer and less rushed but the overall show was decent.

I can't understand how people call this show "over hyped". The only place I've heard anyone talk in depth about the show, be it negatively or not, was on here. If anything K and BTOOM have been over hyped both by MAL users and the media. Danny Chow was spamming K teasers for months before it aired and people where claiming it was going to be the best show of the season. In any case everyone has their own tastes in shows and frankly I was getting sick of the regular romance/shojo/shonen/slice of life stereotypical anime shows that we see every season. I miss the mecha, hard core drama, and somewhat unique shows. Sword Art Online was a breath of fresh air and I wish it could have been a bit longer.
Dec 22, 2012 10:00 PM

Dec 2011
would of been better to end it at the beginning of the episode after the hospital scene when they walk off holding hands.
Dec 22, 2012 10:06 PM

Jul 2012
DeathfireD said:
I actually enjoyed this anime a lot. I've never read the novel and I've only read part of the manga and only noticed this anime when I was looking at the "not aired club" so I went into this series blind and unbiased. Despite the obvious flaws at the end due to the rushing around I still thought it was one of the best shows this season. The whole second arc definitely should have been longer and less rushed but the overall show was decent.

I can't understand how people call this show "over hyped". The only place I've heard anyone talk in depth about the show, be it negatively or not, was on here. If anything K and BTOOM have been over hyped both by MAL users and the media. Danny Chow was spamming K teasers for months before it aired and people where claiming it was going to be the best show of the season. In any case everyone has their own tastes in shows and frankly I was getting sick of the regular romance/shojo/shonen/slice of life stereotypical anime shows that we see every season. I miss the mecha, hard core drama, and somewhat unique shows. Sword Art Online was a breath of fresh air and I wish it could have been a bit longer.

Exactly my thoughts. I can't believe people call this the worst anime of 2012....it clearly isn't. It's no masterpiece but it sure is a breath of fresh air and was thoroughly enjoyable to watch.
Dec 22, 2012 10:08 PM

Oct 2012
Sixth said:
DeathfireD said:

Exactly my thoughts. I can't believe people call this the worst anime of 2012....it clearly isn't. It's no masterpiece but it sure is a breath of fresh air and was thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

You're on episode 1.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Dec 22, 2012 10:11 PM

Dec 2012
I wasn't completely satisfied with the finale, but the series was pretty damn good overall.
Dec 22, 2012 10:11 PM

Nov 2009
Tavor said:

You're on episode 1.

Sometimes you have to acknowledge that your opinion =/= the world.
Dec 22, 2012 10:12 PM
Dec 2012
Well I had somewhat good expectations for SAO when I first began watching it! I loved the idea behind the story and enjoyed several parts of this anime, however there were also some very disappointing episodes and turn of events especially with the switch from SAO to ALO. After watching this ending I think it's fair for me to give it a 7/7.5 out of 10. :D Was pretty easy to enjoy
Dec 22, 2012 10:14 PM

May 2008
When I saw Asuna's ALO's avatar, I thought Myuze from Xillia 2 appear xD seriously look too alike xD and also, I think SAO > ALO =O
Dec 22, 2012 10:15 PM

Aug 2011
Lina91 said:
When I saw Asuna's ALO's avatar, I thought Myuze from Xillia 2 appear xD seriously look too alike xD and also, I think SAO > ALO =O

Not just you:

SAO be copying Musee from Xillia 2.
Dec 22, 2012 10:15 PM
Jan 2011
I'm glad this anime is over, and from the way it ended I highly doubt there will be a 2nd season to this. As a reader for the LN I'm just glad SAO the anime was put out of its misery. I feel like this anime needed a pacing adjustment to give it better accord for the LN, the way it is right now was highly unsatisfying. The ALO saga was especially brief and about 40% of the LN for ALO was skipped over in order to squeeze the ending into a 25 episode fit. Unfortunately the result was pretty awful and in order to boost the popularity of this show, too much fanservice was included and destroyed some characters who were not so hateable in the LN. I consider this ending to be pretty decent, ep 24-25 were both acceptable, it was ep16-23 that was pretty darn awful.

The way they ended SAO with the comeback of Aincrad made it pretty obvious this is going to be where SAO is going to stop since everything came to a full circle, and the old SAO players get a new chance to beat the 100 floors.
Dec 22, 2012 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
Twas okay, even though it had some disappointing moments, i always found myself always looking forward to the next ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 22, 2012 10:16 PM

Oct 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tavor said:

You're on episode 1.

Is that directed toward me? If it is, I never gave an opinion but a fact based off Sixth's list.

Dec 22, 2012 10:26 PM

Nov 2012
i love the ending except for the dancing scene of kirito and sugu, lame XD
hoping a near s2 next year :)

Special thanks to Gabu for this amazing avatar & sig set!!
Dec 22, 2012 10:31 PM

Jan 2010
This ep was terrible. Kirito went through all that trouble just to be together with Sugu in the end?
Dec 22, 2012 10:31 PM

Feb 2008
It's funny how people really gave this show a 3/10. A 3/10 is a VERY BAD show, this means that its VERY BAD in every category. It's one thing to have an opinion, but its another to flame a show because its a popular series and you want to show that you're "different" or even more "intelligent" or whatever else by stating reasons like: "characters weren't developed enough", "ALO SUCKED". "Suguha is annoying", "the pacing is bad." As far as I'm concerned all of the above do not add up to giving a show a 3/10, and I disagree with some of those anyways.

All in all, it was a pretty decent show, and most importantly it was entertaining, because after all, aren't we watching anime as a form of entertainment?

7/10
yahzeeDec 22, 2012 10:37 PM
Dec 22, 2012 10:32 PM

May 2011
chinhnt2k3 said:
This ep was terrible. Kirito went through all that trouble just to be together with Sugu in the end?

It was Sugu's arc, and is it that bad to be nice to family members?
Dec 22, 2012 10:34 PM

Oct 2012
yaHzee said:
It's funny how people really gave this show a 3/10. A 3/10 is a VERY BAD show, this means that its VERY BAD in every category. It's one thing to have an opinion, but its another to flame a show because its a popular series and you want to show that you're "different" or even more "intelligent" or whatever else by stating reasons like: "characters weren't developed enough", "ALO SUCKED". "Suguha is annoying", "the pacing is bad." As far as I'm concerned all of the above do not add up to giving a show a 3/10, and I disagree with some of those anyways.

All in all, it was a pretty decent show, and most importantly it was entertaining, because after all aren't we watching anime as a form of entertainment?

7/10

I'd have to agree, ratings THAT low is pretty harsh if you ask me.

Dec 22, 2012 10:36 PM

Aug 2010
Eh don't really get all the hate for the show, but opinions are opinions.
I enjoyed it a lot, even if it wasn't the most DEEPest thing I've ever watched.

Also,
Dec 22, 2012 10:36 PM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Though I'm up for it anytime if something like Production I.G, Madhouse, Brain Base, Bones or any big time studio is doing it!

Btw, I highly suggest the novel. It's really good! :D

Haven't read the LN's but if anything I would like for Bones to produce it, only because they did Eureka 7 and Darker Than Black. Really loved those series.

Loved the series, it entertained me and it was enjoyable. Had all the elements of what the, "majority", of people like now days. Season 2, I'm ready :)
OumaShuKunDec 22, 2012 10:41 PM
Dec 22, 2012 10:41 PM

Sep 2011
People were wondering about score differences few hours ago. Here's the updated parts of the scores. Before and after.

Biggest Changes was from 7~10 Range. 10 Taking the majority of the change.
Dec 22, 2012 10:43 PM
Oct 2012
Can't believe all the people watching it and talking trash afterward... Just stop watching it.... You all look like a bunch of hipster waiting for the next discussion post to say how bad it was, and how better it was in the LN or whateve, you are just plain stupid.

All in all for me SAO first arc was really awesome, I really liked the second too but like some people said the fact that they wouldn't die IRL like in the ASO if their character died, took away part of the thrill and of the reason why SAO was so exciting to watch.

I look foward to the next season even if the ending kinda left me the feeling that I was satisfied with this ending, good job to the producer of the anime, it was really good time watching it!
Dec 22, 2012 10:44 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Hey, that ending wasn't half bad, anyway I'll miss SAO, the world that is.

I do kinda wish that there wasn't another Aincrad though cause personally, I felt that SAO was the real deal and ALO was kind of more lame-ish. Partly I think that was due to the well established atmosphere of SAO and ALO was left in the dust a bit more.

A-1 did a pretty good job with this show, and despite the face palm moments there were the great times where I was all like 'OHHHHH!' too.

Great setting, a powerful premise, and a constant underlying tension made up SAO, but if only the wide world of Aincrad could've been explored and expanded upon more. Sadly, by sticking true to the LN this was obviously impossible.

It was an enjoyable watch.

8/10
I was about to give a 7 but I got biased by the ending...
TenshoDec 22, 2012 10:48 PM
Dec 22, 2012 10:50 PM

Nov 2009
Tavor said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tavor said:

You're on episode 1.

Is that directed toward me? If it is, I never gave an opinion but a fact based off Sixth's list.

There's no fact when judging an anime(whether its good or bad, and its rating), you should really know that.
Live with opinions, they are everywhere.
Dec 22, 2012 10:51 PM

Jun 2012
does anyone know what kirito said at the end of this episode before the end credits
Dec 22, 2012 10:52 PM

Jun 2008
Meh, Accel World ended better.
Signature Here.
Dec 22, 2012 10:56 PM

Oct 2010
alphastigma117 said:
does anyone know what kirito said at the end of this episode before the end credits
I checked with other claims.

IT CAN BE ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY!

Kayaba Akihito.

Reason is Yui smiled so she knows him or most likely approved of his name.
It was during the unveil of SAO2 but it being the same world Kayaba started it's what he would appreciate the most and Kirito knew that.

At most guessing but he does pause so he says one whole word and another. Sachi only had one name revealed and not her full name. So IMO it looks like that.

That all being said Kayaba's full name is most likely what he said.

Another interesting is that they say the dead can hear whispers best so yeah it must be Kayaba.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 22, 2012 10:56 PM

Oct 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tavor said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
Tavor said:

You're on episode 1.

There's no fact when judging an anime(whether its good or bad, and its rating), you should really know that.
Live with opinions, they are everywhere.

Not sure where you're trying to go with this. The fact is that Sixth has seen one episode out of 25.
"Exactly my thoughts. I can't believe people call this the worst anime of 2012....it clearly isn't. It's no masterpiece but it sure is a breath of fresh air and was thoroughly enjoyable to watch." Drawing an opinion that quickly based off one episode can hardly stand on its own. How would Sixth know or not he'd consider it a master piece without watching a substantial amount of the series? Or whether or not it's the best show of 2012? The thing is, you can't until you've watched it all or most of it to form an opinion like that.
If I said Steins;Gate had nothing going for it based off one episode, well, how educated does that sound?

Dec 22, 2012 10:58 PM

Mar 2012
yaHzee said:

All in all, it was a pretty decent show, and most importantly it was entertaining, because after all, aren't we watching anime as a form of entertainment?

7/10

I have to agree with you there. Yes, I know opinions vary amongst people, but giving an anime a 3/10 is putting it in the same categories as the worst animes ever made. While SAO isn't a masterpiece, it isn't NEARLY that bad. I have seen animes that I've given 3/10s to. That's a score I'd give to the 4th Bleach movie, or Raimuiro Senkitan, or Dog Days'...or Shugo Chara Party...or Star Ocean EX...NOT Sword Art Online.

A lot of people that do that are just flaming haters that are almost giving it that score not because of the quality of the show itself, but how much the hardcore fans are bragging it up. I've seen some people even call it a masterpiece. Yeah, this show is FAR from a masterpiece, but I thought it was good show. It was one of the better animes I watched in 2012, but then again, I felt it was a pretty bad year for anime.
Dec 22, 2012 11:03 PM

Sep 2011
Tavor said:

Not sure where you're trying to go with this. The fact is that Sixth has seen one episode out of 25.

I think he's just bad with updating his list. Some people are like that
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Dec 22, 2012 11:04 PM

Oct 2012
JennyEsquire said:
Tavor said:

I think he's just bad with updating his list. Some people are like that

If that's the case, then never mind.

Dec 22, 2012 11:17 PM

Nov 2007
You want a reason why I dislike SAO? Really? Then what if I say because I love this?

I don't really hate it. Rather I would say I disliked it. Not because it is overly hyped and I am one of those who hate things which are liked by the mass. If you see my anime list you'll probably notice that most of the highly rated anime in MAL and in other anime db sites have pretty good scores from me. So why SAO got a 6/10 from me (and I was being generous for an anime that gave me unwanted lols)?

SAO is a mess. Yes. The proper word for it. MESS. The only good points of the anime are the animation of the surrounding, the environment, the background details, and the music. It makes you want to be in those fantasy worlds.

Everything else, the hollow characters, the ridiculous character interactions, their out of screen development, the randomness of the story telling, the bizarre pacing of the anime, every single female character having a thing for the main guy, the male side characters being pansies, everything that I seek in an anime to give it a decent score is at shambles.

This anime could have been a great anime. The plot had an enormous potential to make it one of the best anime in years. But what we got instead? If anything other than a Mess, I would say it has been a comic relief, just that it wasn't meant to be funny. I ROFL in so many incidents while in others, I did facepalms. Something you really don't expect from an anime that gives the vibe of a very serious storyline.

Let me break it down to the genres that it acclaims since no one has done it.

Original Genres:

Action: Half-assed most of the time, overly glorified at times, like someone blowing up when struck by a sword for instance.

Adventure: Jumping from here and there, oh yes, bloody amazing adventure, you just get to know which level they are at, and that's bloody that. No way someone's going to show all 75 levels right? But hey, why not just do that in such a way that the coherency of the story is there or at least try to make it free-flowing?

Fantasy: A definite plus of the anime. Maybe the only true genre it has covered properly. SAO arc had some of the best landscapes, even though completely ripped off of other fantasies, just that they were animated vividly, which were definitely a plus for the anime.

Game: Fair enough. They were indeed playing a game. A life threatening one too. Just saying.

Romance: Okay. It is somewhat proven that when people are at loss, they seek comfort, strive for human warmth, just to know that there is someone who would care for them, before losing their sanity. I really don't care how they started liking each other since I believe falling in love can take years, or just in a matter of moments. I think the most romantic moment of the anime was when Asuna cried and said she wanted to grow old with Kirito in the real world before going after the monster in level 75. But to do that, the animators tried to make Asuna look a bit too dreamy. She is beautiful, comes from a good background, loving, caring, considerate, good at cooking, good at fighting, and add another twenty things as you wish, and she is basically the most flawless female character you need to make a successful romance story. Like seriously? In an attempt to oversize the romance, an attempt was made to look Asuna a bit too perfect and in the and making her a weak character who was initially shown as quite the dependable and strong character. Asuna pathetically became a tool for romance. And subsequently...*

Genres it should include:

Harem: Every single slut out there is going after Kirito apparently because he is the gameliest of gamers. Oh wait! I forgot about this woman who actually had someone else she liked other than Kirito. And what did we get? Just because she is not meant to be one of Kirito's harem, she has a face of Nizuma Eiji.

Shounen: Overcome every single obstacle by powering up from God Know where from because Kirito happened to have played the game before as a beta tester and have better reflex my ass. What the fuck have the rest of the gamers been doing throughout their miserable lives? They just get pawned out of nowhere every time because they are just some random gamers?

Comedy: Why? Because the anime is full of craziest comedies even though you probably wouldn't want to watch them in an anime set with such serious tone. Even in the final episode when the rapist of rapers missed Kirito by half a meter, he didn't forget to mention that his eyes were playing tricks on him. ROFL.

Incest: Okay. Yeah she is a cousin so it doesn't really matter. But seriously, they grew up together as siblings even if they are not blood related. But it is understandable that suddenly knowing that the one you have lived with wasn't your sibling. So I stroke it out for decency's fuck. I never say bad things about female chest. But the way they emphasized on Sugu's BOOBs was a bit annoying (but enjoyable at the same time to some extent :D).

Ecchi: Scientists given tentacles in their avatars in the game? LIKE WHAT THE FUCK? But if you think logically, it all makes sense. They really need to grab Asuna in way that makes you drop a bit of your manhood. But from the business point of view, I say A-1 picture did fucking brilliant. *They even ended up making Asuna a raping bag. I am sure every otaku is buying 10 pieces of this crap using their parents' money (no, it wasn't meant to be a racist comment, but that's how they portray the otakus in general, so take my sincere apology for saying such an obnoxious thing).

I haven't read the LN, so it is pointless to judge it from the LN's point of view. No matter how good the LN may be, the anime is probably just a very bad adaptation if anything.
shanimebibDec 22, 2012 11:40 PM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 11:22 PM

Sep 2010
So in the end they created thousands of VR worlds using a world seed given to Kirito by a madmen.... WTF!!!!

I didn't know that hospitals don't have any security guards or nurses..... LOL.....

Anyway, still a better ending than SAO arc.....

Final episode - 3/5

Series Score - 7/10 (because I love games.....)
Dec 22, 2012 11:23 PM

Jun 2009
Empty Hospital.
Asuna look as healthy as an average girl wow....

Hey look, the anime makes no mention of characters looking/sounding different... So... Sugu really don't recognize her brother? Come on A-1, at least include that!! (That dance is easily replaceable)

Well... Ended at last.

Setting... Ridiculously good

Characters... meh

Quality of story... Guilty Crown tier...

5/10

Time to delete.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 11:24 PM

Sep 2011
AirStyles said:
Well... Ended at last.

Characters... meh

5/10

Time to delete.

I'm surprise you didn't rate it lower judging from your past posts long ago :D.

Anyways as for me its 7-8/10 (Yeah I know I rate it too high)

SAO Arc = 9
ALO Arc = 4-5

Music, sound, art saved it from getting a 6- from me.
Dec 22, 2012 11:25 PM

Oct 2012

Well put there sir.

Dec 22, 2012 11:26 PM
Dec 2012
i have yet to read constructive praise of SAO in this forum. Maybe I've missed it. Can I read some? Preferably more than 500 words.
Dec 22, 2012 11:26 PM

Jun 2009
Tyrel said:
AirStyles said:
Well... Ended at last.

Characters... meh

5/10

Time to delete.

SAO Arc = 9
ALO Arc = 4-5

Like I said in the past, I hold a slight biased for the show because it have my dream setting.

And I don't hate the show, I'm just extremely disappointed as a fan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2012 11:29 PM

Jun 2009
Wonder if Klein finally got his Pizza? - WTB GGO.
Dec 22, 2012 11:30 PM

Sep 2011
AirStyles said:
Tyrel said:
AirStyles said:
Well... Ended at last.

Characters... meh

5/10

Time to delete.

SAO Arc = 9
ALO Arc = 4-5

Like I said in the past, I hold a slight biased for the show because it have my dream setting.

And I don't hate the show, I'm just extremely disappointed as a fan.

Ah I see and as mentioned to why she's healthy. It's because her parents are rich, better hospital etc. So she's taking care of; though in the anime she's way too healthy compared to LN.
Dec 22, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2009
Tyrel said:

Ah I see and as mentioned to why she's healthy. It's because her parents are rich, better hospital etc. So she's taking care of; though in the anime she's way too healthy compared to LN.

I'm more disturbed by the fact that there's not a single staff in the hospital. And the fact that no nurses/doctors attend to Asuna when she woke up. (Seriously, people will probably die of heart attack in the middle of the night in that hospital and they won't know it till the next day) *Deja vu to Kirito first wakes up, he's also in an empty hospital... *

And of course, Kirito obviously leave that guy alone as soon as he "fainted". Leaving even the knife there. (I've seen enough horrors in the past to know that it's a big mistake to do that)
AirStylesDec 22, 2012 11:37 PM
Dec 22, 2012 11:32 PM

Feb 2012
The second half of the anime threw off the show. I really enjoyed the first half, but then when it continued on, I lost some interest.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Dec 22, 2012 11:33 PM

Jan 2012
I'm giving it a 4 out of 5 because the final quarter of the episode with kirito and leafa was unbearable. How did the two of them get a finale style dance scene and not asuna?!!! Also, why can't Kirito just get rid of those damn ears!!!! Everything before that part, meaning the hyper-realistic hospital scene and the rush of memories from the reunion scene were pretty much perfect to me.
Dec 22, 2012 11:35 PM

Aug 2012
tbh this episode could have and should have happened ten weeks ago. what was the of this whole second half?
Dec 22, 2012 11:35 PM

Jun 2009
Kluv said:
hyper-realistic hospital scene and the rush of memories from the reunion scene were pretty much perfect to me.

Which planet you're from?

On planet earth, big hospitals in developed countries are not empty at night.
Dec 22, 2012 11:39 PM

Nov 2007
Tavor said:
shanimebib said:
You want a reason why I dislike SAO? Really? Then what if I say because I love this?

I don't really hate it. Rather I would say I disliked it. Not because it is overly hyped and I am one of those who hate things which are liked by the mass. If you see my anime list you'll probably notice that most of the highly rated anime in MAL and in other anime db sites have pretty good scores from me. So why SAO got a 6/10 from me (and I was being generous for an anime that gave me unwanted lols)?

SAO is a mess. Yes. The proper word for it. MESS. The only good points of the anime are the animation of the surrounding, the environment, the background details, and the music. It makes you want to be in those fantasy worlds.

Everything else, the hollow characters, the ridiculous character interactions, their out of screen development, the randomness of the story telling, the bizarre pacing of the anime, every single female character having a thing for the main guy, the male side characters being pansies, everything that I seek in an anime to give it a decent score is at shambles.

This anime could have been a great anime. The plot had an enormous potential to make it one of the best anime in years. But what we got instead? If anything other than a Mess, I would say it has been a comic relief, just that it wasn't meant to be funny. I ROFL in so many incidents while in others, I did facepalms. Something you really don't expect from an anime that gives the vibe of a very serious storyline.

Let me break it down to the genres that it acclaims since no one has done it.

Original Genre:

Action: Half-assed most of the time, overly glorified at times, like someone blowing up when struck by a sword for instance.

Adventure: Jumping from here and there, oh yes, bloody amazing adventure, you just get to know which level they are at, and that's bloody that. No way someone's going to show all 75 levels right? But hey, why not just do that in such a way that the coherency of the story is there or at least try to make it free-flowing?

Fantasy: A definite plus of the anime. Maybe the only true genre it has covered properly. SAO arc had some of the best landscapes, even though completely ripped off of other fantasies, just that they were animated vividly, which were definitely a plus for the anime.

Game: Fair enough. They were indeed playing a game. A life threatening one too. Just saying.

Romance: Okay. It is somewhat proven that when people are at loss, they seek comfort, strive for human warmth, just to know that there is someone who would care for them, before losing their sanity. I really don't care how they started liking each other since I believe falling in love can take years, or just in a matter of moments. I think the most romantic moment of the anime was when Asuna cried and said she wanted to grow old with Kirito in the real world before going after the monster in level 75. But to do that, the animators tried to make Asuna look a bit too dreamy. She is beautiful, comes from a good background, loving, caring, considerate, good at cooking, good at fighting, and add another twenty things as you wish, and she is basically the most flawless female character you need to make a successful romance story. Like seriously? In an attempt to oversize the romance, an attempt was made to look Asuna a bit too perfect and in the and making her a weak character who was initially shown as quite the dependable and strong character. Asuna pathetically became a tool for romance. And subsequently...*

Genre it should include:

Harem: Every single slut out there is going after Kirito apparently because he is the gameliest of gamers. Oh wait! I forgot about this woman who actually had someone else she liked other than Kirito. And what did we get? Just because she is not meant to be one of Kirito's harem, she has a face of Nizuma Eiji.

Shounen: Overcome every single obstacle by powering up from God Know where from because Kirito happened to have played the game before as a beta tester and have better reflex my ass. What the fuck have the rest of the gamers been doing throughout their miserable lives? They just get pawned out of nowhere every time because they are just some random gamers?

Comedy: Why? Because the anime is full of craziest comedies even though you probably wouldn't want to watch them in an anime set with such serious tone. Even in the final episode when the rapist of rapers missed Kirito by half a meter, he didn't forget to mention that his eyes were playing tricks on him. ROFL.

Incest: Okay. Yeah she is a cousin so it doesn't really matter. But seriously, they grew up together as siblings even if they are not blood related. But it is understandable that suddenly knowing that the one you have lived with wasn't your sibling. So I stroke it out for decency's fuck. I never say bad things about female chest. But the way they emphasized on Sugu's BOOBs was a bit annoying (but enjoyable at the same time to some extent :D).

Ecchi: Scientists given tentacles in their avatars in the game? LIKE WHAT THE FUCK? But if you think logically, it all makes sense. They really need to grab Asuna in way that makes you drop a bit of your manhood. But from the business point of view, I say A-1 picture did fucking brilliant. *They even ended up making Asuna a raping bag. I am sure every otaku is buying 10 pieces of this crap using their parents' money (no, it wasn't meant to be a racist comment, but that's how they portray the otakus in general, so take my sincere apology for saying such an obnoxious thing).

I haven't read the LN, so it is pointless to judge it from the LN's point of view. No matter how good the LN may be, the anime is probably just a very bad adaptation if anything.

Well put there sir.

Why thank you!
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 11:40 PM
May 2011
AirStyles said:
Kluv said:
hyper-realistic hospital scene and the rush of memories from the reunion scene were pretty much perfect to me.

In the LN the Hospital is privately owned if I'm not mistaken. Some privates don't have the same patient in-flow as public hospitals so Asuna's hospital being near-deserted is possible.
Dec 22, 2012 11:41 PM

Jun 2009
wenchance said:
AirStyles said:
Kluv said:

In the LN the Hospital is privately owned if I'm not mistaken. Some privates don't have the same patient in-flow as public hospitals so Asuna's hospital being near-deserted is possible.

strange... I thought that it's Saitama General Hospital... Ah wellz, I already deleted my SAO, so I can't check....

Is that why Kirito's hospital is empty too?
Dec 22, 2012 11:43 PM
May 2011
Quick summary:
Knife fight.
Reunion.
Source code is open sourced.
Aincrad.
Now to wait for guns.

Overall a decent series. Not the best production wise but did give me loads of entertainment. 9/10
Dec 22, 2012 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
AirStyles said:
wenchance said:
AirStyles said:
Kluv said:

strange... I thought that it's Saitama General Hospital... Ah wellz, I already deleted my SAO, so I can't check....

Apparently they took out the scenes from LN where Kirito's wounds in the arm was treated but he leaves before his cut on the face was treated. The anime just used precious times on making Asuna a raping bag and filler episodes so they couldn't put what mattered for common sense.
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2012 11:44 PM

Sep 2011
AirStyles said:
wenchance said:
AirStyles said:
Kluv said:

Wrong name, but it was a General Hospital Asuna is in.

Saitama Prefectures Tokorozawa General Hospital
Pages (29) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » What is your favorite op?

infinite_Shadows - Oct 6

25 by alban123 »»
Oct 17, 9:21 AM

Poll: » is it just me, or do you guys also like asuna a lot? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 25

77 by naceale2019 »»
Oct 16, 4:53 PM

» Happy birthday Asuna!

TASM18 - Sep 30

34 by hazecloud »»
Oct 4, 6:44 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1271 by Boopry »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 21, 2012

746 by Boopry »»
Oct 1, 8:00 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.