Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 24, 2014 8:15 AM

Jul 2008
It was nice to see the characters again and get some new music video segments, but none of the episodes really did it for me. I like how the Haruka one had the least amount of forced drama, though.
Mar 26, 2015 12:06 PM
💉 🩸 🩹 💖 🏥

Feb 2012
GarLogan78 said:
I like how the Haruka one had the least amount of forced drama, though.

I would agree. I would say that that was the best episode objectively, but the Funky Notes episode was a lot of fun for me 'cuz it featured two of my fav idols Hibiki and Yayoi.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Jun 13, 2016 5:01 PM

Apr 2016
I can only find the first episode it seems
Jun 25, 2016 5:08 PM

Aug 2015
PokeBro said:
I can only find the first episode it seems

They all have the same beginning and end, so don't be tricked by that.

Miki is so deredere for the producer.
Oct 2, 2016 12:41 PM

May 2010
1st. Okay it's music festival but you take only the high-pitched girls there and not really the most musically impressive ones. Might as well call it loli festival. That being said, I strangely liked that song. The whole Charle thing was a bit exaggerated. But I liked more Iori and the twins. Yayoi and Hibiki are nice too.

2nd. They got me there. While I liked Jupiter vs the girls and Ritsuko, I found the whole thing leading to the song concept bland? Like it was there for the sake of having a plot. The actualy song was nice tho. I esp. loved how they captured Ritsuko in it. It got pretty cliche with how they won. It's an intertational festival and they won it like nothing. Also the emcee was speaking in japanese which bothered me.

3rd. I like this one. I wish Haruka was in this and Miki and her could compete over Producer. But then again, Makoto x him is nice too. Damn, Takane x Producer is good. She's wife-type.
Well damn. A date with everyone. Everyone being one guy and 4 girls... Not bad actually.
The pv was the best imo. Not sure which episode was better, this or Iori's. Guess I will go with this.
I see why they split Haruka and Miki (and Iori as well) now. It's 'cause the three of them are 'center' type.

7.75/10 for this. Pretty solid if not for some of the weaker parts in the 2nd one. "uh-uhh~"
Mar 8, 2017 10:04 PM

Aug 2013
After how many years I return to watch the ova for my favorite idol anime.

Honey Sound
I love Azusa's style... so mature and cute.
Chihaya-chan in braids and bikini... her smile hnnng too kawaii.
No surprise we see their rival Jupiter and the way they win was kinda cliche but that's not the point.
The music and song are quite nice.. btw Chihaya being jealous was cute.

Funky Note
Now we have our little loli squad ready to rock the music festival.
I just love the Ami and Mami duo, they make anything mundane seem fun.
My eardrums are filled with high pitched squeaky voices now seriously hahahaha.
The lost Charles plushie drama was made into such a huge drama that its a bit ridiculous lol.
Why is my job not a producer for such a group and loli cute girls.

Groovy Time
Well now this is my personal favorite.. just because there's Miki of course. xD
Too bad there wasn't enough time to show the details of how their dates went sadly.
And the edeN MV is gad damnnn... gotta love that choreography.

Just had to appreciate the non-cg dance performance and choreography in im@s.
If only a goddess would make an anime out of all the songs and mv for it.
Sep 13, 2017 11:07 AM

Jul 2015
The episodes weren't as entertaining as in the main anime tbh, the performances were nice tho.
May 7, 2020 12:59 AM

Dec 2009
The worst installment of The IdolMaster.
Jun 23, 2020 1:13 PM

May 2018
Nice! I didn't think that watching the same festival 3 times could be so fun :D. Also Makoto is kawaii af in that dress holy moly! Off to the movie now (for real lol)
Dec 2, 2020 1:04 PM
Sep 2019
Though I liked the music videos, this was just kind of weird. Besides the same setup and ED, they were decent episodes (besides the Miki one, very much not a fan of her awkward crush) but I’m confused on when they take place? Jupiter was still acting like they were pre-episode 21; that combined with their 961 stage budget and the girls’ reactions to booking a concert of this caliber tell me this is before the series ends in canon.

Or maybe A-1 doesn’t care and this was planned a week before production for the otaku money. Yeah, probably that one.
May 4, 2022 11:47 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. Indeed music is in any place.. Even if place and people are different.. But also music is actually different as well in different places.. ;P Even music instruments are different.. It actually is interesting.. We as if expect that maybe emotions should be close or almost same in different cultures.. But also we have very different sensations in many things.. We probably feel emotions different, I imagine.. Bodily as well.. We're used to different sounds, to different smells, and lots of things..
Show the perspective of your world, hm..
Oh, Endless Eight flashbacks, lol.. ;P
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Preview images

arsonal - Aug 9, 2012

11 by SeerofWords »»
Sep 28, 2012 8:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.