Forum Settings
Forums

Horror Manga 'Litchi☆Hikari Club' To Be Animated [Updated 10-15-12]

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 5, 2012 12:30 PM

Jul 2012
phoenixalia said:
MadDogV2 said:
phoenixalia said:
glitchhunter said:
Ew, yaoi, pass...

ew troll. yuck.

don't bash the genre.

Because an opposing opinion is always a troll, right?

there is a distinct difference between saying:

'oh I don't like yaoi' or 'nah I'll pass' or 'yaoi? no'

and

'ew yaoi pass'

the latter part says 'ew' and 'ew' means gross and that means he's saying the genre is gross and that is an insult to the yaoi fans. (Note: I'm not a yaoi fan.)

Because you know fuck having negative opinions on something.
Aug 5, 2012 12:30 PM

Dec 2011
I was all game for this until I saw the yaoi tag.

Aug 5, 2012 12:43 PM

Feb 2012
Squatta said:
I'm betting most likely they'll leave the "yaoi" out which honestly doesn't have too much to do with the manga and is very brief anyway. It was just a way to show one of the boy's obsession with the other.
Its really good and creepy and I'm excited!

To expand on this, it really isn't accurate to put it in that genre. It's a tiny part of the manga and it's used for a completely different purpose than yaoi. It's used to be unsettling and underscore the themes of obsession, perversion (not just sexual) and secrets.
Aug 5, 2012 12:53 PM

Jun 2008
I'm in
Aug 5, 2012 1:31 PM

Jun 2008
Horror? Sign me up! :D
Aug 5, 2012 1:44 PM

Apr 2007
Sounded like a good watch until Yaoi revealed itself...Good potential watch...ruined.
Aug 5, 2012 2:12 PM

Oct 2011
Horror + yaoi !
weird yet seems interesting :|
Aug 5, 2012 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
Yao-

Nope.avi.
Aug 5, 2012 2:17 PM

Jul 2011
Well, why no yuri ? ;c
Aug 5, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2009
sztruks said:
Well, why no yuri ? ;c

Or loli pantsu shots.
Aug 5, 2012 2:26 PM
Feb 2009
Whoever put yaoi as a genre of this manga is a fucking idiot. Lychee Light Club is NOT yaoi.

Anyway, I don't really see how would this work. First of all, there isn't even enough content to make this 11 episodes. Second of all, TV series usually get heavily restrained. I just hope DVDs or BRs will be there to fix it. I mean, there is no point in animating this unless they go all out.

LLC getting anime is completely unexpected, I am glad Furuya will finally have anime adaptation, but I hoped Genkaku Picasso would be the first of his works to be adapted.
Aug 5, 2012 2:26 PM

Dec 2009
Vhess said:

"Litchi Hikari Club is filled with BL romance, guro, rape, and murder."

Oh, yes. Must watch.
Will read the manga now.
Aug 5, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2007
Nachtwandler_21 said:
People saying there are only 1 yaoi scene in the manga and it's not so important

It's very important and it's more than one scene.

Anyway, I love Litchi too much to be happy about this as it is almost impossible not to botch it beyond redemption. I cannot imagine how the manga can possibly be adapted into anime without being censored left and right and such a masterpiece does not deserve that kind of butchering
Aug 5, 2012 2:28 PM
Jul 2018
Not going to bother...
Aug 5, 2012 2:35 PM

Nov 2009
Just read the first chapter. Not quite sure what the hell I just read, but I think I'll keep reading.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Aug 5, 2012 2:40 PM

Jul 2012
Sir_Lexa said:
sztruks said:
Well, why no yuri ? ;c

Or loli pantsu shots.

Instant watch for me if that was the case.
Aug 5, 2012 2:47 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm... I'll give it a try because of the Horror and Psychological tag.
Aug 5, 2012 3:04 PM
Jun 2010
i think any yaoi is a horror for me anyway lols
Aug 5, 2012 3:06 PM

Jan 2009
Who knew MAL was this degree of homophobic
Manga Sorted By Theme                         Anime Sorted By Theme
Aug 5, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
titaniachkt said:
Who knew MAL was this homophobic

No one said they were homophobic? Lol? I hate yaoi because of the way it's portrayed and the entire genre in general just doesn't appeal to me, and obviously a lot of MAL isn't too fond of it either and probably for similar reasons.

If you want to call me homophobic, be my guest, see who looks stupider; me, or the guy calling the bisexual kid a homophobic.
Aug 5, 2012 3:10 PM

Aug 2011
noyoureinsane said:
I read horror and said yes.

I read yaoi+rape and said nope.
This right here. Wasn't an all-girl cast, so I was happy. But then I found out it was worse. I was totally for it until...
Aug 5, 2012 3:17 PM
Jan 2010
Sir_Lexa said:
sztruks said:
Well, why no yuri ? ;c

Or loli pantsu shots.

There's a little girl who gets a pipe shoved up her vagina.

So sorry, not quite the pantsu shot you were looking for!
Aug 5, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
puella-magi said:
Sir_Lexa said:
sztruks said:
Well, why no yuri ? ;c

Or loli pantsu shots.

Why is this getting an anime adaption again? I mean, I get that people love sick, twisted shit but isn't all this a little too much? From the sound of it, there's much better manga that deserve an adaption.
Aug 5, 2012 3:23 PM

Dec 2009
After reading the manga.. not quite sure what they're going to adapt. More than 50% of this will be censored.
Aug 5, 2012 3:25 PM

Dec 2009
puella-magi said:
Sir_Lexa said:
sztruks said:
Well, why no yuri ? ;c

Or loli pantsu shots.

Don't take me too seriously :) I seriously HATE pantsu shots, at least the ones involving lolis.
Aug 5, 2012 3:26 PM
Feb 2009
noyoureinsane said:
Why is this getting an anime adaption again? I mean, I get that people love sick, twisted shit but isn't all this a little too much? From the sound of it, there's much better manga that deserve an adaption.
People don't like this manga because it's sick. They like it because it's good. Check it out and you will see for yourself
Aug 5, 2012 3:50 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
CharmyS said:
Being gay, I'm disappointed to say most BL titles tend to be the same awful crap over and over again. I can only hope this will turn out nicely with the horror genre thrown in. Or is this more horror with BL thrown in? o.o

It's basically horror with one consensual yaoi scene and further implications between the characters involved, so like less than ten pages out of ~300 pages. The BL is honest to goodness minimal compared to everything else.
Aug 5, 2012 4:05 PM

May 2009
This thread gives me the impression that if MW ever gets an anime most people will pass it due to the presence of homosexuality in it. In LLC homosexuality is not graphic, it is a plot point and has a reason for existing in the manga. It is not there for fanservice reasons and it doesnt overshadows the rest of the plot or the characters.

Having read the manga I can say that it's very nicely done. Being a tribute to Suehiro Maruo and the grand guignol play it has a great deal of gore in it but I dont think that it is restricted to just that. It poses some really interesting questions and has nicely fleshed out characters (pun not intended :P). It is more like a twisted version of Peter pan in a sense.

I only hope that the anime will do the manga justice and maybe for a future adaptation of " 51 ways to save my girlfriend".

Aug 5, 2012 4:23 PM

Aug 2011
Guro?

I'll pass.

Though I'm sure this will be good if you like the genre. Music of Marie was excellent.
Aug 5, 2012 4:31 PM

Feb 2010
Sounds awesome, I've been trying to get a hold on the manga a couple of times but never succeeded. I hope this will be as freaky as it promises ^^.

And I don't care about the Yaoi, it it just a side effect and not a main focus of the show, so I'm good.

e: Will this really be a TV show? I would expect an OVA with those genres.
AlcoholicideAug 5, 2012 4:35 PM
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 5, 2012 4:39 PM

Feb 2009
This is just about the last thing I'd ever expect to get an adaptation. I'll be watching it but I don't have high hopes for it to not get completely butchered by censorship.

sakaAug 6, 2012 12:03 AM
Aug 5, 2012 4:45 PM

Nov 2008
Well this sounds risky as shit. I'm so in.
Aug 5, 2012 4:46 PM

Mar 2011
So I just read the manga, and I honestly, I think the manga is enough for me.
I'll probably check out the first episode, but if not then I'll pass on the anime.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Aug 5, 2012 4:58 PM
May 2011
Actually, there really isn't much yaoi in it. It's more psychological. It's like saying Iron Man is a romance movie cause there's romance in it. I loved the manga and the prequel! I'm really excited for the anime :D
Aug 5, 2012 5:39 PM

Dec 2008
I'm still considering whether or not I should read the manga. So many genres thrown in together, plus who knows how much censorship the anime will get. I may just watch this for the hell of it though.
Aug 5, 2012 5:44 PM
May 2010
Soooo...is this going to air on public television? Because adapting a fucking guro manga for television doesn't sound like the best idea to me.
Aug 5, 2012 6:23 PM
Feb 2012
I'll admit that i'm desensitized to yaoi already but I don't think there's too much yaoi in this.
Though Lichi Hikari Club is one of the most fucked up things i've read.

Liinah said:
After reading the manga.. not quite sure what they're going to adapt. More than 50% of this will be censored.

More like 80% of it.
Aug 5, 2012 6:27 PM

Feb 2012
"BL romance, guro, rape, and murder."
Say whaaaat?
That catches my interest. Will probably be watching it even if it sucks.
Aug 5, 2012 6:47 PM

Feb 2009
They can't erase the fact that there's a homosexual relationship going on, but if they have to tone it down to TV-acceptable levels, so be it. They don't have much censoring to do on that front.

All the blood and intestines and people getting ripped apart in almost every way imaginable, though... yeah, good luck on that censoring, whoever is going to animate this. I have only one request, and that is, do justice to the toilet scene.

Also, for whatever reason, everyone seems to think the yaoi and rape parts go together. They don't.
Aug 5, 2012 6:55 PM

Aug 2012
I don't know if I can stomach to watch it. I barely was able to read it. I'll give it a try though.
Aug 5, 2012 7:01 PM
noiz cancelling

Jan 2008
xx_mirai said:

Also, for whatever reason, everyone seems to think the yaoi and rape parts go together. They don't.

Yeaaaah. That assumption was really starting to annoy me. It was partly why I specified "consensual yaoi" earlier.
Aug 5, 2012 7:18 PM

May 2008
yes will probably watch hope its good!
Aug 5, 2012 7:29 PM

Oct 2011
Sandileina said:
puella-magi said:
shinkeikaku said:
Haha, this will either be the best thing ever or the biggest insult to the manga. I don't see much middle ground. It matters on what manages to not get cut or censored into shadowy oblivion.

This. One of Litchi's charms is how flamboyantly over the top it is, especially with how it handles the guro and some of the death scenes (hello, toilet!). I can't really see anything being cut out without it having an effect on something else.

These.

On a side note, people judging it already: the yaoi is an important plot point, but completely ungraphic. As opposed to the extremely graphic rest of it. So don't be so close-minded if you like the sound of the rest of it OTL

And for the yaoi fangirls: Please don't call it a BL show OTL;;;;; It's not a BL show. It's a horror manga with some yaoi elements from certain characters. There's a huge difference. ^^;; BL's a distinct genre containing dramatic fluffiness, generally speaking, aimed at pleasing mostly-girls. This is incredibly not-fluffiness, aimed at pleasing... er, who knows? XD

(I'd like to add that while I'm probably hanging round the fringes of the category of 'yaoi fangirl', I don't actually like most yaoi. Since a large proportion of it is pretty terrible ^^;;)

LHC's very interesting either way, so I hope people will either try it, or, if they don't want to for whatever reason, just quietly not try it. :3

tl;dr idealism on the internet lolwut
agree - most BL fans would not enjoy this in the least (unless they're fans of maruo-style insanity/beauty) - i didn't even think the whole yaoi thing was a big part of the manga, just a portion of the overall hedonism/psycho aspect of the manga....this is definitely a hardcore mindf@#k that will have to be HEAVILY edited for tv - an ova might be better or else just wait for the bluray..............
Aug 5, 2012 8:16 PM
Is a Hidden Gem

Aug 2007
noyoureinsane said:

This title is one of the best manga I've read in the last few years. I could not put it down and once done wanted to read it again right away. Is it grotesquely over the top? Yes. That is the point, it's meant to be satire.
Aug 5, 2012 8:41 PM

Jan 2010
WOW !
good news +___+
Aug 5, 2012 9:32 PM
Feb 2009
Everyone's tweaky-deaky about the "yaoi" content, but no one's mentioned the Nazi-chic aesthetics of Zera's Light Club? The opening scene where they're shrieking in German? Tch!

I think most of the shock power in the manga comes from its downright exuberant brutality and violence, with the homosexual content there as extra-decadent icing on what's already a pretty Hellish cake. (I'm sure there's a deep, tangential conversation in here about the unfortunate tendency to link insanity/decadence/moral bankruptcy with homosexuality, but I'm not going that far with this.)

This is true Grand Guignol stuff, nothing I'd categorize as yaoi, but contrary to what a couple previous posters claim it *does* have EXPLICIT - and, don't forget, underage!!! - boy-on-boy action. It may only span two pages in the book, but there's a blowjob scene that I expect will *HAVE* to be cut from any animated version. And I'm typing that when I bet they *can* get away with showing some pretty graphic disembowelment, head-crushing, and sexual violence on females (including a young girl).

There's also a masturbation scene that I imagine they'll need to... edit down.

Adding to the chorus that I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS IS GOING TO BE ANIMATED.
Aug 5, 2012 9:33 PM

Feb 2009
Finally, a Furuya anime! This is the best news in years. I just hope they get competent staff to handle it, and don't hold back too much on the screwed up content of the source material.
Aug 5, 2012 9:45 PM

Nov 2009
Just finished reading it. Surprisingly (since I'm not a big fan of horror), I really liked it. There is probably no way I would be able to stomach an animated version though since I could barely handle the manga (especially towards the end... blehhhh!!!).

I do wonder how they will animate it though. A full on TV series seems like a lot for 9 chapters, but I could see it being an OVA. It will probably end up being incredibly censored though.

And please, don't dismiss this entire work just because if the "yaoi" tag. It's not like it's about sparkly bishies having gay sex everytime you turn around with a hint of horror in it. Seriously, the yaoi is least of the things you should be worrying about in this!. People get their face ripped off, head smashed in, body snapped in half, among other various disturbing thing and you guys are the most worried about the yaoi. >_>

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Aug 5, 2012 10:22 PM
Apr 2009
Amutofan123 said:
Just finished reading it. Surprisingly (since I'm not a big fan of horror), I really liked it. There is probably no way I would be able to stomach an animated version though since I could barely handle the manga (especially towards the end... blehhhh!!!).

I do wonder how they will animate it though. A full on TV series seems like a lot for 9 chapters, but I could see it being an OVA. It will probably end up being incredibly censored though.

And please, don't dismiss this entire work just because if the "yaoi" tag. It's not like it's about sparkly bishies having gay sex everytime you turn around with a hint of horror in it. Seriously, the yaoi is least of the things you should be worrying about in this!. People get their face ripped off, head smashed in, body snapped in half, among other various disturbing thing and you guys are the most worried about the yaoi. >_>

LOL (not at you but how RIGHT you are)! I'm glad I'm not the genre bashing type. I can handle gore and BL elements in anime, but the hentai sub-genre is a different story (I'm a vanilla guy). To me, guro is EVEN worse than tentacles (or futa) whether it's mixed with yaoi, yuri, straight, whatever. Then again, I'm a vanilla fan. Good for the fans, anyway.
TerrorH3ctorAug 5, 2012 10:30 PM
Aug 5, 2012 11:07 PM

Mar 2009
Did think of reading it before.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Light Novel 'Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon suru Koto ni Natta.' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - 1 hour ago

3 by misterreicchi »»
5 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Isekai Mokushiroku Mynoghra' Gets TV Anime

Nioxys - Yesterday

5 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» 'The Fable' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs, Third Promo for Second Cour

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manga 'Ikoku Nikki' Receives TV Anime

DatRandomDude - May 3

21 by jhoney12 »»
7 hours ago

» Second Season of 'Ore dake Level Up na Ken' Announced

Vindstot - Mar 30

29 by Reinforcers »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.