Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 2, 2012 7:50 AM

May 2008
I thought from the character design that Pace was going to be my fav but Luca turned out super awesome :D.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 2, 2012 8:13 AM

Oct 2009
Reverse harem hmmmmmmm.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2012 8:39 AM
Jul 2010
Lolitha said:
Not bad, but I'm afraid I'm not liking male characters, expect Debito. They seem rather cliche. Troll papa is troll.
Felicita is awesome! beautiful and kick ass and she's not very tsundere, I usually dislike them. also voiced by Mamoki noto <3 + owl
Also lol, series just started, people are already making reviews.
If they were only making reviews... The problem is both of the reviews we've got are troll reviews. And in the most trollish way possible. Well, not that I care, anyway.

The male characters do seem rather stereotypical, but I don't think one can state too much about liking them or not after just one episode, has they had no development whatsoever. I agree with you about Felicita, though - I've never expected to like the protagonist of a reverse harem, as they're always annoying as hell.
Jul 2, 2012 8:53 AM

Dec 2009
Must say I really loved this episode, Luca is rather awesome. But I'm afraid this will end up turning up bad.. I mean, next episode is an animal searching? Cliche, much?
Jul 2, 2012 9:04 AM
Jan 2008
dropped, this is for filthy homo loving fujoshis. Why do people even make this
Jul 2, 2012 9:09 AM

Jan 2010
I love this show! I already watched this episode twice! ♥w♥ I can't wait to watch more~~
Jul 2, 2012 9:11 AM
Mar 2010
Chinonozu said:

maybe cuz it sells? :D and maybe because fujoshi aren't filthy? :D I don't see why a girl can't watch a harem anime with bromance without being bashed by trolls like you about 'filthy fujoshis'. :D

oh wait! Le gasp! I answered my question! :O Because of trolls! You're a troll! :DDD
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 2, 2012 9:11 AM

Jul 2010
I'm actually really liking this show.. It puts a nice twist on the typical fable "do something and you can marry my daughter.

8/10 right now for me, and I hope it gets better!
Jul 2, 2012 9:18 AM

Sep 2011
Chinonozu said:

Here folks we find your average criticizer of the day. Fujoshis sells, and its not like this show is meant for girls only.
Jul 2, 2012 9:47 AM

Aug 2008
Oh, I completely missed the 'shoujo' tag. Now I know why it sucks. Not like you can expect another Hatenkou Yuugi or Ghost Hunt.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 2, 2012 9:50 AM

Aug 2011
I came for the Fukuyama Jun, Sugita Tomokazu, and Nakamura Yuuichi, but I'm staying for the everything.

Enjoyed the first episode, looking forward to the next one.
Jul 2, 2012 10:17 AM
Mar 2010
Antanaru said:
Oh, I completely missed the 'shoujo' tag. Now I know why it sucks. Not like you can expect another Hatenkou Yuugi or Ghost Hunt.

just cuz something's shoujo doesn't equal it will suck. -_- I dunno where you got that notion. or shoujo animes would have made stopped being made ages ago.

shoujo is not meant for everyone nor is seinen....both have lovers and haters. but that still doesn't give you the right to bash the genre.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 2, 2012 10:25 AM

Jun 2011
Chinonozu said:

4chan pls go
Jul 2, 2012 10:47 AM

May 2010
Will the watch for now, just the whole Arcana card thing is kinda is Ugh.. other then that looks good
Jul 2, 2012 11:16 AM

May 2010
Eh, it was okay. It has potential. The only character that seems interesting to me is the main female one, which is odd because usually I dislike anime heroines. o3o This episode seemed to move too fast though. Anyway, I'll give it a chance.
Jul 2, 2012 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
It seems interesting, especially for the tarot cards, i'll watch the next ones.
Jul 2, 2012 11:40 AM

Nov 2008
Chinonozu said:

Fujoshi don't like shoujo though...
Jul 2, 2012 11:54 AM

Aug 2007
Nice anime. Maybe this anime will have a lot of action. Now wait until episode 2
Jul 2, 2012 12:05 PM

Jun 2008
Well I was waiting for this reverse harem for ages, and unlike Hiiro no Kakera (my apologies to its fans) it did not fail me;) It might be a shoujo but it has a heroine capable of overshadow many shounen heroines, or even heroes.
Sure the guys are cliché, but the heroine is not the typical "Come to save me guys, Im a delicate flower that is always teary and I shall die if you dont save me 2344243 times, catch me 232354 when I faint, and I have the hugest power of all but I dunno how to use it so basically Iam...useless!".

Felicita has personality, knows how to fight, defied the big boss, does not chase around the guys, does not interfere in the middle of fights with her face filled with endless tears, and her power is shitty comparing to other otome heroines so she relies in her physical strength. For that it deserves respect. Hope it continues like this, otherwise it will be a pity because it has potential.

Chinonozu said:

Dont repeat yourself, Fujoshi already means filthy plus BL lover and "homo" is not correct, the correct word is "yaoi". Most of the fujoshis in this thread did not comment anything about yaoi. You´re delusional. Funny how people like you loose great anime because of false assumptions.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 2, 2012 12:26 PM

Jan 2011
The only thing worse than harem - reverse harem. Gonna give it a shot though, for now...
Jul 2, 2012 12:28 PM

Jul 2011
Finally! been waiting for this anime since they announced it on ANN.
Reverse Harem - Shoujo - Action! Heck yes, FTW!
Main character Felicita, don't know really how she is, but I am glad she is the strong physically and emotionally. I love those type of characters.

A good guy by her side, Liberta. and other characters who havent left an impression on me yet.

But I am certainly looking forward next episode. :D
Jul 2, 2012 12:38 PM

May 2012
Not bad for a first episode. Great OP, ED theme was nice and cool characters. The italian shit is pronounced better than I thought, though Debito calling Felicità bambina is quite unnatural. Now I wanna see more of the Tarot Cards powers and character development.
4/5 for me
Jul 2, 2012 1:21 PM

Sep 2010
I don't really like this series, but that Liberta boy, is a lil' interesting, thou.
Jul 2, 2012 1:49 PM

Sep 2008
Nova and.... Liberta!! ♥.♥
enya's life spent on MAL: September 21, 2008 to August 23, 2012
Jul 2, 2012 1:57 PM

Apr 2011
Luca and Pace are my favourite x3
It seems a good anime, but only 12 episodes? >8
Jul 2, 2012 2:15 PM

Mar 2012
Look, new fandom. Luca <3
Jul 2, 2012 2:15 PM

Apr 2012
haters gonna hate :v
Jul 2, 2012 4:27 PM
Mar 2012
Looks kinda nice =0

ohh and great OP
Jul 2, 2012 4:27 PM

Apr 2011
chichanchi said:
haters gonna hate :v

it is unfortunately true p.p
Jul 2, 2012 5:48 PM

Apr 2011

Really nice first episode. It's interesting to see them portray Liberta as the prominent male lead in this episode, when in the manga it's more than not Luca.

I didn't expect that OP though, was a really nice surprise.

I definitely made the right choice watching the episode at this moment rather than waiting for the series to finish. Now all we can hope is that it continues along this road and doesn't fall off the wagon along the way.
Jul 2, 2012 6:43 PM
May 2012
The first episode I will say I love it. I can say that because my favorite Liberta has so many focus but I don't if he doesn't have much.

Felicita is portrayed properly by the seiyuu and by the art. The cinematography of the action is pretty good too as expected to J.C staff.

Well I hope that I won't get disappointed at the next episodes.
Red is the color the proves that there's life.
Jul 2, 2012 8:42 PM

Feb 2008
So it's another generic harem, just aimed at a female audience instead. Nice.
Jul 2, 2012 9:58 PM

Feb 2012
4/5 for this. Much better than expected. The fighting didn't suck, which was pretty cool. I like how everyone's got a power that they use in combat, and we've got swords. Ojou is pretty cute too, and I like Liberta as the guy to win. He seems like a nice dude. Luca was pretty funny; I thought it was pretty amusing when everyone was disappointed at Ojou's lack of a dress. And yeah, I know her name is Felicita or whatever, but the whole episode was Ojou-sama everywhere, so I'm just gonna call her Ojou. Pleasantly surprised, this could actually be good. First reverse harem I've ever tried so I was a bit reluctant to try it out, but it looks like I made the right call in picking it up.

"In both love and octopus-hunting, you have to take the initiative!" - Gintoki Sakata
Jul 3, 2012 12:27 AM

Feb 2010
better than I anticipated! Luca ftw! <333
Jul 3, 2012 12:33 AM
Jan 2012
I'm pretty late on commenting about the first episode but, it was a good start. I'm not really a fan of Reverse Harems though.

4/5

The only ones I'm rooting for to get Felicita are Libert and Debito to be honest.

Nova is just a male tsundere, gay.
RickRoss-SamaJul 3, 2012 1:19 AM
Jul 3, 2012 12:41 AM
Mar 2010
ClaudiusClotaire said:
I'm pretty late on commenting about the first episode but, it was a good start. I'm not really a fan of Reverse Harems though.

4/5

The only ones I'm rooting for to get Felicita are Libert and Debito to be honest.

now now, if boys can have female tsunderes, why can't girls have boy tsunderes? ;D
Jul 3, 2012 12:43 AM
Jan 2012
phoenixalia said:
ClaudiusClotaire said:

4/5

now now, if boys can have female tsunderes, why can't girls have boy tsunderes? ;D

The thing is lol, I don't like tsunderes, It's a little tolerable if it's female. My dislike will only enhance if you mix male and tsunderes xD.
Jul 3, 2012 1:09 AM
Mar 2010
ClaudiusClotaire said:
phoenixalia said:
ClaudiusClotaire said:

4/5

The thing is lol, I don't like tsunderes, It's a little tolerable if it's female. My dislike will only enhance if you mix male and tsunderes xD.

I'm not too fond of tsundere either be it male or female. for example, I don't like tsunderes like onizaki takuma from hiiro no kakera but I do like tsunderes like tomoe from kamisama hajimemashita.

Ok, people, on another very important note, though I know most people will happily ignore this, the amazon rankings for this series aren't going well....this may even sell worse than hiiro no kakera. D:
Jul 3, 2012 1:14 AM
Jan 2012
phoenixalia said:
I'm not too fond of tsundere either be it male or female. for example, I don't like tsunderes like onizaki takuma from hiiro no kakera but I do like tsunderes like tomoe from kamisama hajimemashita

I respectively don't know who those two gentlemen are, considering I've never watched Hiiro no Kakera and Kamisama Hajimemashita.

But I will take in notice about the sales warning.
Jul 3, 2012 6:24 AM
Jun 2008
Wow, Fukuyama shows up again. Its been long since I heard his voice >.<"
Jul 3, 2012 6:26 AM

Sep 2007
Whee hee~ It's finally aired~~!!!
Nice episode to start off the summer season of anime. =)

Not TOO shoujo-y to the point that "omg... all the guys want the girl" *insert blushing and 'dreamy moments' everywhere* ... in fact a few of em don't seem to care about the actual "marriage" bit being the prize...they just want to show they're the strongest.

And it's not too shounen-ish either in that it's strictly 100% all about fighting the bad guy/coming up on top, etc, etc.
They were able to depict some "character quirks" in there and show off the potential drama/hilarity that could come about between characters either because of their personalities or Arcana powers.

The mix in moods is just right in my opinion =)
I can't wait to see what the other Arcana powers are~

tl;dr vers: It has a lot of potential. But only 12 eps? I hope they don't screw it up.
IkanoJul 3, 2012 6:30 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jul 3, 2012 6:42 AM
Jan 2009
So... better than I expected; I'm not a fan of the harem genre and even less the reverse harem, but the main character seems likeable enough and the tarot symbolism seems accurate.

By the way I'm 100% positive that Luca is obviously the 1st Major Arcana: "Il Bagatto" also known as "Il Mago" (The Magician)

Can't really say much for Jolly and Dante, but Jolly is probably an high-valued Arcana with a strong negative connotation and Dante's Arcana is probably linked to Jolly's.
Such as The Devil and the Tower or The Devil and the Temperance or the Moon and the Sun.

Nova is probably Lying about not being able to use his Arcana (he is probably scared about Death's negative connotations of loss and sadness).

Libertà's unknown power is most likely the ability to negate the powers of other Arcana's. They stated that The Fool is the very first card of the arcana deck, so they are probably going for its "number zero" interpretation.
Jul 3, 2012 8:08 AM

Jan 2008
So-so story. Maybe I expected too much from this. Ah, I was so looking forward to watch this and yet...well, hope the story will progress well in the coming episodes and entertains more than this.
Jul 3, 2012 10:55 AM

May 2012
Just finished watching the first episode, and this will probably end up being the only show from the new season that I pick up. The rest of the line up is incredibly poor, so I'm hoping this doesn't disappoint.

I typically shy away from reverse-harem because they are always the same characters in a different skin. This actually seems like they could break from that mold which would be welcomed.

Also love the heavy Italian Mafia influence.

Dark_Kain said:
Nova is probably Lying about not being able to use his Arcana (he is probably scared about Death's negative connotations of loss and sadness).

Nova never states that he doesn't know how to use his arcana; he only gets emotional when Liberta accuses him of not being able to use it. Your theory above is likely correct and that's why he doesn't use it, or others don't have a great knowledge of him using it.
pilgrimm49Jul 3, 2012 11:02 AM
Jul 3, 2012 11:13 AM

Jun 2011
Im kinda pumped up about this series even thought it being an otome game(which usually turns me off because of the reverse-harem) because of the terminology, the story and the powers.

Felicita looks cute.....who am i kidding? SHES MEGA CUTE!! and the design for her is great. As in how the clothes fits her well, along with the other characters.

The abilities/powers seems interesting. Also the OP was GODLY imo, it just really captures the essence of the game and what you will get. Although, im still kinda afraid that it wont turn out like i expected it to be considering its 12 episode....God damn it i wan my 24/26 episode for this.

Overall 10/10 for the 1st for me
ArcanaTraceJul 3, 2012 11:53 AM
Jul 3, 2012 11:22 AM

Apr 2012
the main character seems so tsundere but i like her independence. this is apparently supposed to be a romance and shoujo anime? doesn't seem like it to me but we'll have to wait later on to see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2012 11:39 AM
Jan 2011
I wonder if the bambina (female lead) is wearing a skirt or shorts?

Btw, Bambina is actually an Italian pun referring to a cute girl.
Nasty001Jul 3, 2012 11:51 AM
Jul 3, 2012 12:37 PM
Nov 2010
Seems interesting so far, reminds me of KHR mixed with some Baccano! art ^^
Jul 3, 2012 1:11 PM

Aug 2008
Dark_Kain said:
So... better than I expected; I'm not a fan of the harem genre and even less the reverse harem, but the main character seems likeable enough and the tarot symbolism seems accurate.

By the way I'm 100% positive that Luca is obviously the 1st Major Arcana: "Il Bagatto" also known as "Il Mago" (The Magician)

Can't really say much for Jolly and Dante, but Jolly is probably an high-valued Arcana with a strong negative connotation and Dante's Arcana is probably linked to Jolly's.
Such as The Devil and the Tower or The Devil and the Temperance or the Moon and the Sun.

Libertà's unknown power is most likely the ability to negate the powers of other Arcana's. They stated that The Fool is the very first card of the arcana deck, so they are probably going for its "number zero" interpretation.

Yeah, pretty much all of that is wrong or too vague to mean anything.

I'm glad they kept Felicita strong-willed. Despite having a non-speaking role in the game, her non vocal cues and text reply choices showed she wasn't the average reverse harem doormat.
Jul 3, 2012 1:24 PM

Jun 2011
Dark_Kain said:

Actually... SPOILER ALERT
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2012

59 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2012

98 by Swiggy »»
Feb 20, 5:16 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 8, 2012

126 by Swiggy »»
Jan 10, 2:05 AM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2012

190 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 31, 2022 2:37 PM

Poll: » Arcana Famiglia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 2, 2012

56 by jackielouise »»
Jul 29, 2021 4:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.