Forums
New
Pages (23) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »
Apr 1, 2012 4:09 PM
Apr 2012
Insipid female characters.
Overly-macho male characters.
Contrived scenarios/plot.

Those are my top 3. They can be found in a lot of anime series. I tend not to like those series.
"Holy shit I can't remember how I got to your page but thank you so much for posting that Clannad piano video it's one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard thank you I fucking love you man"

XD
Apr 1, 2012 6:58 PM
Mar 2012
I dislike in anime will be the characters just talk about their life but no action. Come on who want to listen bunch of people talk, I can just stand around elders folk and listen about their younger years.
Don't let nobody put you down.
Apr 1, 2012 7:04 PM

Apr 2012
- terrible static animation
- majority of the aesthetics
- lack of originality
- the fact that, contrary to popular belief, it is hilariously childish
- lack of real directorial talents in the industry

i could go on, but i think you get the picture. anime needs to be more like cinema.
Apr 1, 2012 7:04 PM
Jul 2018
Queen_Stars said:
I find girls getting treated like spoilt toddlers tiresome at times...
She gets upset way too easy and if she isn't obnoxiously bashful, she takes violent tantrums - there's no attempt to reason with her and when she turns on the waterworks, the guy must be 'the one to protect her'; resolve her problems and mollycoddle wheather or not she' one in the right.
Using moe and tsundere is fine, but when she becomes the guys responsability it lowers the tone and brings down both characters.
If 'pet girlfriend' was listed in a series tags, I'd avoid (but that would spoil the series for some).

Oreimo.jpg
Apr 1, 2012 7:06 PM

Nov 2010
Those moments when characters live after they CLEARLY should have died.

Main characters in romance/harem anime who are dense as fuck.
Apr 7, 2012 12:33 PM

Feb 2010
-I'm into shounen and i know there are plenty of cliches that people have written allready but i hate the most that in every single shounen anime, the MC has 1-2 skills and the rival/enemy has a like 100 cool things.

Examples:
Bleach - do i really need to explain that ?? 366 episodes and the loser learned only 1 skill and he used it like every second
Naruto - Compared to other ninjas he can't even vanish/dissapear properly and after he learned the Rasegan, that was it for about 100 episodes or so. Sasuke on the other hand got like i don't know how many jutus
Dragonball , Beelzebub and the list goes on and on

-Also i hate the damn Cat-ears. What's up with the japanese and these ears ? Why do they think that these are cute ?

-Bitchy Tsundere like Taiga make me wanna drop an anime

everything else has been mentioned earlier in the threat
leftycoolApr 7, 2012 1:31 PM
Apr 7, 2012 4:34 PM
Apr 2012
kickthebucket said:
Vinter said:

The laughing... it hurts so much!! xD hahahahahaha
The seating, so perfect!
One thing I dislike about anime is how they put out a 12 episode season, end it right when it gets good, and then take 3 years to put out a sequel, if they ever do it at all.

yes this is indeed anoying

Like Angel Beats
Apr 7, 2012 4:43 PM

Jan 2012
LegendXV said:
kickthebucket said:
Vinter said:

The seating, so perfect!
One thing I dislike about anime is how they put out a 12 episode season, end it right when it gets good, and then take 3 years to put out a sequel, if they ever do it at all.

Like Angel Beats

That doesn't make sense. Angel Beats! only has 1 season..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2012 4:45 PM
May 2010
RedStarLight said:
LegendXV said:
kickthebucket said:
Vinter said:

The seating, so perfect!

Like Angel Beats

That doesn't make sense. Angel Beats! only has 1 season..

'If they ever do it at all'
Worships Asparagus.
Apr 7, 2012 9:58 PM

Feb 2009
LufflyCandy said:
I simply hate it when the girl in the anime cries all the time. And then the guy is all ''I'll protect you'' and stuff. Then they fall in love, and the girl keeps crying.

Christ, yes. Fuck I die inside every time the girl screams out "(Insert Male Lead Here), HELP ME!!!!!!" every time she's in danger.

Eyeing up Itazura na Kiss as I type this.
Apr 7, 2012 10:17 PM
Apr 2012
Nagisa is one of those people :P
Apr 7, 2012 10:49 PM

Apr 2012
What I don't like about anime is the fillers and censors. It's fucking annoying.
Apr 7, 2012 10:57 PM
Nov 2010
Some of the annoying fans
Apr 8, 2012 1:04 PM

Jul 2011
fanservice and shy girls with glasses and short black hair
Apr 8, 2012 1:08 PM

Dec 2010
baete said:
fanservice and shy girls with glasses and short black hair

This, along with every female protagonist in reverse harems/otome being overall dismissive and denser than male leads. Makes me want to slap the bitches.
Apr 9, 2012 5:27 AM

Feb 2012
Most anime are based on high school lives because anime is more likely targeted for teenagers. imo. just imo.

Anyway, like what most people said; just adding-ins.
- Weak and useless protagonists. :/ I can stand starting off weak and getting better but the worst part is that when they're always proclaiming the "I WILL PROTECT YOU" craps and then get knocked down instantly afterward, ended up getting saved by someone else instead.
- Clueless, wimpy, guy who tries to shoulder any girl's problem and invincibly made every girls fall for him. I mean almost EVERY harem leads are like that. Harem is fine, but constantly having those qualities for a main lead is tiring to watch.
- Hardcore tsunderes.
- Crybaby helpless and timid girl that is apparently very moe and liked. .__. I don't know, but I find Mikuru way more annoying than Haruhi in any case.
- Long talks about justice/injustice during a intense fight. orzlll
- Basically any MAIN protagonist that is a wimp, weak, constantly needs help and has no common sense... is unforgivable.
/end rant
Apr 9, 2012 7:41 AM

May 2011
Unnecessary flashbacks, they never fail to piss me off.
Apr 9, 2012 8:06 AM
Dec 2011
For example...

I don't like the typical stupid rivality.

I don't like the stupid fans that fill internet of messages with bad orthography and without saying anything (narutards for example)

I don't like the stupid characters that speak half English and half Japanese.

I don't like that the female characters be wear miniskirts because people in Akihabara masturbates with them.

I don't like the enormous publicity of series like Evangelion... consumerism 100%.
Sep 18, 2012 4:12 PM

Sep 2012
Fillers also retarted girls.
Sep 18, 2012 5:21 PM

Jun 2007
Moeified stereotypes in the place of female characters.
High school settings, complete with cultural festivals and all that junk.
Average high school boy #34334.
Harems where tits surround a loser, for no apparent reason.
Maru Sue heroines.

...I dislike most things about most anime, these days, come to think of it.
Sep 18, 2012 5:28 PM

Mar 2012
Phantomkaito said:
Fillers also retarted girls.

agree.
Sep 18, 2012 5:29 PM

Aug 2012
When the MC doesn't go for the childhood friend.
shaddoeSep 18, 2012 5:34 PM
Sep 18, 2012 5:37 PM

Oct 2011
Middle school students who look like freaking high school/college students. Yes, I'm looking at you Prince of Tennis.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2012 5:40 PM

Jun 2007
Kurano said:
Middle school students who look like freaking high school/college students. Yes, I'm looking at you Prince of Tennis.

You need to read Wolf Guy, my pika-pika-chu friend. A eye-opener about the speedy maturity of Japanese youths, is that.
Sep 18, 2012 5:51 PM

Aug 2012
Shows having the exact same characters with only slight design differences, mostly because every character is a archtype and not a developed entity
Sep 19, 2012 1:44 AM

May 2009
In general... I'd say the fans.

Not all but most.
Sep 19, 2012 1:54 AM

Sep 2011
A series that it gives too much credit just because of a stupid reason(Like moe characters) then it'll be overrated and too mainstream like K-On.

Sep 19, 2012 2:42 AM

Aug 2012
I hate women in anime who don't have any women traits-qualities. Like Saber from fate zero/stay night might as well be a man. King Arthur was a man after all.
Sep 19, 2012 2:48 AM

Jan 2010
Usually shy girls with glasses just ugh. Of course there are exceptions but usually meh.
Sep 19, 2012 3:14 AM

Mar 2012
-Badly executed tsundere characters
-Weird Narutards that make up a large majority of the western fanbase
-The sexuality
-Good shows with little episodes, bad shows with many episodes
-Dub vs sub arguments
-Inferior animation when compared to America
Sep 19, 2012 4:28 AM

Sep 2011
- Sticking two characters together just to have romance rather than actually developing their relationship.

- Unnecessary romance. There are plenty of series that would have been just fine without romance. Just because there are male and female characters doesn't mean they have to hook up.

- Most tsunderes (and other archetypes, but this one is the most annoying to me)

- In hentai, how every single virgin bleeds her first time having sex. I don't think I've seen a virgin not bleed in hentai, whereas in real life there are plenty of women who don't bleed their first time. Are bleeding virgins attractive to people or something? Because I kind of find it a turnoff.

- Useless, ditzy shoujo heroines who can't do shit for themselves but are super nice and helpful to everyone else.

- Re-cap episodes
Sep 19, 2012 4:36 AM
May 2010
Aarosmashguy said:
I hate women in anime who don't have any women traits-qualities. Like Saber from fate zero/stay night might as well be a man. King Arthur was a man after all.

Yes, because women that don't have 'womanly' traits should be hated.

Thats right ladies, you better get into your kitchens and start making this man a sandwich..

I'm sure thats not quite how you meant it Aaromashguy but.. Not the best thing to say ever..
Worships Asparagus.
Sep 19, 2012 4:42 AM

Aug 2011
Horrible show trying to keep the audience using fan service.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sep 19, 2012 4:43 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't really mean it like that but would it kill her to smile and not want to fight 24/7? I'm not trying to be offensive but it's just annoying to me. I should have used the word "dislike" not "hate".
Sep 19, 2012 4:45 AM

Sep 2011
Aarosmashguy said:
I didn't really mean it like that but would it kill her to smile and not want to fight 24/7? I'm not trying to be offensive but it's just annoying to me. I should have used the word "dislike" not "hate".

So, men don't smile and want to fight 24/7?
Sep 19, 2012 4:48 AM

Aug 2012
Kuhle said:
Aarosmashguy said:

So, men don't smile and want to fight 24/7?

I'll just say I'm sorry and leave it at that. I should have picked something else.
Sep 19, 2012 4:54 AM

May 2012
-The whole Moe/Magical Girl/SliceOfLife genre is so overdone! The industry is in dire need of a shape up!
-Shows that are left open for sequel but not never seems to happen! (FMP)
-Shows that start out great but ends with a WTF. (Eden of the East)
-Great shows shows that are rushed because they only have a handful of episodes (Angel Beats)

If we get in to more character and story based annoyances, here are mine:
-When anime dont have deeper characters than just general archetypes (The tsundere, the pervert, the ditz with big breasts, etc)
-Forced annoying "mascot" characters (Kon from Bleach)
-Long-running anime/manga that goes on forever! JUST STOP
Sep 19, 2012 8:15 AM

Sep 2011
Series that they're making it longer which they aren't really meant to be slow anime series.

Kuhle said:

- In hentai, how every single virgin bleeds her first time having sex. I don't think I've seen a virgin not bleed in hentai, whereas in real life there are plenty of women who don't bleed their first time. Are bleeding virgins attractive to people or something? Because I kind of find it a turnoff.

I believe they bleed because they aren't prepared. But for me, in hentai, that kind of thing made me cringed.

Sep 19, 2012 8:25 AM

May 2012
To list a few things...
Extremely Shounen shows (The ones that have been going on forever even more so)
Fanservice/ecchi shows
Annoying Tsundere leads
Moe and magical girls - these don't bother me as much as some people, but they're still annoying
Sep 19, 2012 8:26 AM
May 2012
Thing I generally dislike in anime was:-

Loose ends

'Gainax Ending'

Minor plots but it ended for some reason.
Sep 19, 2012 8:39 AM

Dec 2009
Fanservice. Always fanservice.
Sep 19, 2012 8:40 AM
Sep 2012
TokyoCandlelight said:
Reset button endings (I'm looking at you, KEY)
Cheesy male leads that overcome all odds with determination alone (Shounen)
Anime that try to be 'mindfuck'
Good always winning
Rie as a tsundere character

Wow, all of this except idk the last one. I could not finish Higurashi and Yosuga no Sora because of the first one.
Sep 19, 2012 8:55 AM
Dec 2011
I hate it when an anime suddenly gets rushed in the later episodes, and then ends up with a shitty ending with barely any conclusion to the plot at all...
Sep 19, 2012 9:03 AM

Jun 2012
When there isnt a lot of fanservice.
Sep 19, 2012 9:13 AM

Sep 2012
I get the feeling there are many hypocrites posting here :P
"Open your closed mind and close your open mouth."
Sep 19, 2012 9:44 AM
Nov 2010
The lack of female fanservice
Sep 19, 2012 10:09 AM
Sep 2012
Z-flame said:

What would that include, out of curiosity?
Sep 19, 2012 10:17 AM
Nov 2010
Awhoon said:
Z-flame said:

This
Sep 19, 2012 10:32 AM
Sep 2012
Z-flame said:
Awhoon said:
Z-flame said:

This

That seems more like a change in female character presentation than the idea of men running around with no shirts and in bike shorts.
Sep 19, 2012 10:34 AM
Jul 2012
Orange hair of girls annyoing. Kon!!! Yaoi filters and that's it
LegendGoldDarkSep 19, 2012 10:38 AM
Pages (23) « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best anime of 2024 so far?

Fukoku - 8 minutes ago

2 by Daviljoe193 »»
4 minutes ago

» Saddest Anime Character Deaths

Henrique-Senpai - 51 minutes ago

5 by JoySeeker »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 7 hours ago

18 by Fukoku »»
12 minutes ago

» What cartoon did you come to learn was actually anime

JaniSIr - 4 hours ago

10 by Serafos »»
17 minutes ago

» How does MAL ratings system work

Aryan-0_0 - Dec 27, 2022

18 by WWWalter »»
20 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.