Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 28, 2011 7:13 PM

Aug 2008
The only thing that made sense to me:

Nano desu. Hanyuu.

Sep 28, 2011 8:48 PM

Jun 2010
gochisosama said:

Nano desu. Hanyuu.

On a slightly irrelevant note, thank you for posting that image, I've been meaning to take a screenshot of that line, but I completely forgot.
Sep 29, 2011 2:02 AM
Jul 2018
Did I die and come to a parallel universe where Rika is a magical girl and Higurashi is filled with fan service?
I literally almost threw up.
Imposibruuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Ryukishi07, you're going to burn in hell for selling out.
I still can't believe... GAH!
Sep 29, 2011 6:40 AM

Oct 2010
Terraminas said:
Did I die and come to a parallel universe where Rika is a magical girl and Higurashi is filled with fan service?
I literally almost threw up.
Imposibruuuuuuuuuuuuuu.
Ryukishi07, you're going to burn in hell for selling out.
I still can't believe... GAH!

Here's a Sylvia Plath book and a bottle of Ambien. I'm gonna look the other way, and whatever happens, happens.

ON-TOPIC: This episode had me ROFLing the entire time. 07th Explosion? XD

People who are criticizing this should take their Higurashi Nostalgia goggles off, imo. It's supposed to be amusing/entertaining. And if you don't find it as such, then just don't fucking watch the rest of it. How hard is that?
The_Sum_of_ZeroSep 29, 2011 3:57 PM
Sep 29, 2011 8:08 AM

Jun 2010
shadowthegreat said:
People who are criticizing this should take their Higurashi Nostalgia goggles off, imo. It's supposed to be amusing/entertaining. And if you don't find it as such, then just don't fucking watch it. How hard is that?

Well considering you have to watch the episode first to know if you're going to like it or not...
Sep 29, 2011 11:19 PM
Jan 2010
Now who wants this series go worse than Fractale? Say aye.
Sep 30, 2011 3:04 PM

Jul 2011
I'm not really sure what to say about this episode. It was much more entertaining than the first one, but it still felt very weak. It supposed to be comedy, but I didn't laugh at all (okay, I chuckled at the 07th Expansion part). Meh, still going to finish this series. Hope the next one will be better
Oct 1, 2011 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
shadowthegreat said:

Here's a Sylvia Plath book and a bottle of Ambien. I'm gonna look the other way, and whatever happens, happens.

ON-TOPIC: This episode had me ROFLing the entire time. 07th Explosion? XD

People who are criticizing this should take their Higurashi Nostalgia goggles off, imo. It's supposed to be amusing/entertaining. And if you don't find it as such, then just don't fucking watch the rest of it. How hard is that?

Most of the die-hard Higurashi fans will tell you the same thing I have. This is butchering. Not entertainment.
I mean, MAGICAL GIRLS, CAT EARS AND MECHA? WTF?
Oct 1, 2011 8:12 AM
May 2011
gochisosama said:

Nano desu. Hanyuu.

Yeah that pretty much summed up everything xD
Oct 2, 2011 12:19 AM
Jul 2018
I loved Ni, Kai, Rei and even Nekogoroshi-hen

But this is just awful. :(
Oct 2, 2011 1:15 PM

Mar 2011
iCab said:

I agree.
Oct 2, 2011 1:25 PM

Jul 2011
Magic.. cute uniforms.. bit nude.. hmm
Well something change to violence Higurashi :)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 2, 2011 10:22 PM

Sep 2011
Blackiris said:

It was terrible - not quite as bad as the first episode (which was a failure of an unparalleled nature), but not much better at all. It's no use to point out bad things about Higurashi Kira, after all there's nothing good in it. Everything is thoroughly fucked up, and everything makes you feel bad for watching it.

1/5 for this episode. Dropped - I do not wish to see any more of this crap.

I am in love with this post...whoever you are: marry me
Oct 10, 2011 12:10 PM

Nov 2008
Holy shit. This episode. It was amazing. I loved every second of it.

Seventh Explosion. ;_;
Oct 11, 2011 11:50 AM

Jul 2009
WTF Hinamizawa glittering Crux in my Higurashi? FFFFFFFFFFFFF $!$%#%%$#$@#$^^# 2/10 =_=
Oct 16, 2011 7:43 AM

Oct 2009
Ok, so I liked this episode.
I know I'm supposed to act all negative about it, cause it was not in any case good or deep or even Higurashi-like. But I liked it. I especially liked the references to the original series.
However, they should have made someone from the magical girl world ask Rika what her world was like :P
Oct 17, 2011 11:05 AM

Apr 2011
iCab said:

I also agree with this.

What a flimsy excuse for piling fanservice on fanservice. The OP is creepy. Considering what the first ep of this OVA, I think I can guess why they've got their lolis/teens bounce-bounce-bouncing in that rhythm. >_<;
Oct 18, 2011 11:52 PM
Jan 2009
I don't even know what i'm watching anymore

Honestly, this episode wasn't that good either, but this is nowhere near the trauma inducing first episode.............. as incredibly stupid as it was
Oct 24, 2011 11:43 AM

Apr 2010
im glad it is already out!

i miss them all~
Oct 28, 2011 4:36 AM

Dec 2009
HOLY SHIT THIS WAS SOOO HILARIOUS!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Sir_LexaOct 28, 2011 4:40 AM
Oct 28, 2011 6:50 AM

May 2008
it was an ok episode they shouldn't of done this ova but oh well lol
Oct 28, 2011 4:34 PM

Oct 2010
nice episode, my first magical girl anime, if you don't count mahou madoka magika
Oct 28, 2011 4:43 PM

Mar 2011
My body was NOT ready
Oct 30, 2011 11:06 AM

Dec 2008
Oh god that was epic. I cannot understand the ones who says Kira is a bad thing to higu, I can't stop laughing.

Can't wait for the Ep3. I was rofling when I saw it's gonna be shojo.
Nov 5, 2011 7:23 AM

Nov 2006
I knew it was gonna be comedy, but I expected (after getting past the first episode) 3 eps of club activities or at least something on that level. This is too random....and I can't stand to watch more.......and then Magical Girl Trap Satako appeared! 07th Explosion! 6_6 Dam....they got me. Guess I'll be here till the end.

9_9 I bet Rena could have handled the mech in adorable mode....
Nov 6, 2011 6:23 AM
Jan 2011
Awesome, all 4 episodes shoulda been magical girl atleast we woulda got a proper story instead of just fan service.
Nov 7, 2011 11:54 PM

Dec 2008
FlashFumo said:
Holy shit. This episode. It was amazing. I loved every second of it.
Seventh Explosion. ;_;

This.

The first episode was full of teh hawt fanservice which I had a little bit of mixed feelings over but then again Oishi and crew with their fantasies and all have always creeped me out. I still laughed and found it decent enough, though.

But this. This was hilariously awesome. I was laughing throughout the whole thing, but I burst out laughing so hard at "07th Explosion!" Too great. A lot of magical girl parody, but I love magical girls, so this combined with Higurashi made it too much fun for me. ♥

I can understand why people are upset over this, but this is just reminding me of the Endless Eight in Haruhi by way of people freaking out and bashing. And while people hate it and pretend it doesn't exist or found a way to overlook it, I liked the Endless Eight and found it amusing, just like I am with Higurashi Kira here. Kira's just goofy, over the top fun.

Call me easily amused and entertained or claim I have no taste or whatever, but opinions will remain opinions. I will take my Higurashi Kira and enjoy it.
Nov 11, 2011 4:47 AM

Oct 2008
chessmaster1989 said:
P.S. If you started watching this expecting something serious, you're doing it wrong.

HawthorneKitty said:
I lol at anyone thinking Kira would be serious.

IamOyashiro-sama said:
Better than expected. Quite amusing really. Stupid, but amusing.
It's not meant to be taken seriously, just for fun, and it did a good job at doing that imo.

shadowthegreat said:

CardcaptorKitty said:

Call me easily amused and entertained or claim I have no taste or whatever, but opinions will remain opinions. I will take my Higurashi Kira and enjoy it.

I just love all of you.
Seriously, dear haters, what did you expect?
YurikoRaineNov 11, 2011 4:51 AM
Nov 12, 2011 9:18 AM

Nov 2010
I understand that this OVA series has, and always has been, portrayed as being something of a fun, silly, comedic nature even before it aired.

However, I'm afraid my stand will be with the haters of the show - For the sole reason that this show seems to have completely destroyed the sinister aura Higurashi once exuded.

To each his opinion, I suppose. *shrugs*
"Love is power. Give it to another and you will bring bliss. Friends, criminals, strangers, and even yourself. All is reborn when you forgive, love, and understand."
Nov 26, 2011 11:17 PM

Sep 2011
IresuOtoko said:
I understand that this OVA series has, and always has been, portrayed as being something of a fun, silly, comedic nature even before it aired.

However, I'm afraid my stand will be with the haters of the show - For the sole reason that this show seems to have completely destroyed the sinister aura Higurashi once exuded.

Yes, I agree completely.

This OVA physically hurts me whenever I watch it. It sickens me that they can turn something so mysterious and dark into fanservice and (poor) comedy. And can i seriously have any respect for this series when an old man takes pleasure in watching a 9 year old cleaning a window with her bare butt? This series needs to stop. The fact that it's even making one cent truly disgusts me.
Dec 4, 2011 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
After watching the 1st ep I and seeing that 2nd is another unrelated magic girl story, I thought I'd drop the Ova to keep the image of Higurashi I loved.

2nd OVA episode is much better than the first, but still full of useless fanservice.Well I hope the third episode will keep this trend and turn into something better.

Dec 6, 2011 8:41 PM

Sep 2007
So... Higurashi is a magical girl anime now? Oh dear.

And I'm still gonna watch all 4 episodes. Because I hate myself, apparently.

P.S. Still, new OP is kinda catchy.
Dec 17, 2011 8:18 PM

Aug 2011
this was all right, way better than the first episode. it had its funny moments i thought the acid curry was pretty bad ass! i too think the OP is catchy as hell :D

hanyuu!!!...that is all!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2012 8:25 PM

Apr 2009
So that's how it is - an episode actually made entirely while being high.
While educative, I get a feeling that I could live without this revelation.
Mar 14, 2012 5:42 PM

Nov 2009
Awe i love it when Satoshi is there with them ^^ and lol all so awesome =D
Apr 27, 2012 3:06 PM

Apr 2009
So bad.
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Apr 30, 2012 11:10 AM

Jan 2012
Rika and Satoko are just adorable when they transform... I Wanna Take Them Home!
May 11, 2012 9:14 PM

Mar 2009
I am watching this for Horie Yui. You can never have enough of her.
Jul 4, 2012 9:01 PM

Jul 2010
Haha, I actually really enjoyed that! Even though it's not Higurashi, it's just so adorable :) Satoko and Rika were perfect :D

I soo want to see the next episode!! Mion and Keiichi ahaha XD And onibaba! On to the episode :DDD
Jul 6, 2012 9:17 AM

May 2012
Haha this is an epic special :D really made a good decision to watch this imo much better than the main story :p
Jul 8, 2012 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
kawaii!
Jul 25, 2012 12:06 PM

Jun 2012
haha it was very cute and everything but i never want to watch another mahou shoujo again ahha i feel so silly watching it xD
Jul 25, 2012 1:59 PM

May 2011
IresuOtoko said:

^This. And to all of you who are saying it was cute and amazing - it wasn't. It was sickening, especially since Higurashi was never focused on fanservice. Granted, there were a few fanservice-ish scenes here and there in the original series but Kira takes it to a whole new level. Not to mention that Kira practically portrays old grown men drooling over a 9 year old girl wiping a window with her ass as something normal.
SimonianJan 7, 2014 7:48 AM
"The feels man, the feels..."
Oct 8, 2012 8:34 PM
Jul 2009
....I hate magical girls. 1/5

Dec 18, 2012 1:44 AM

Jun 2009
Well... uhhh...

I hope there's at least 1 episode with more serious theme... I mean, Rei had a 3 episode arc of seriousness at least..

EDIT: I laughed like a mad man when Satoko went

"I'm Magical Trap Girl Satoko"

Omg!!!
AirStylesDec 18, 2012 1:51 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2013 1:22 PM

Dec 2012
This sucks. I liked the first one but this is disappointing -_-
Feb 7, 2014 10:27 PM
Jul 2018
What the freaking hell was this?
How could someone like this CRAP and who the hell thought that making this was a good idea?
That questions ran through my head throughout the whole episode and will probably throughout this Ova, cause it was really unthinkable how it can be that one of my favorite horror anime has been turned into this pile of shit.
I despised it. And I seriously don't understand how doing a cross over of some weird mahou shoujo with a creepy thriller like Higurashi was could ever work.

At least it didn't have fanservice and wasn't as shitty as episode one but it was something I'll never understand.
1/5 for this episode.

I'm trying very hard to understand what exactly caused creators to turn this way with the franchise, I'm not gonna let this Ova ruin my opinion of the Higurashi overall but I'm certain that if I caught a glimpse of this before I watched the TV series I probably wouldn't touch it.

I maybe pessimistic but I'm starting to think this Ova presents the way the anime industry is falling into a deep hole in quality storytelling throughout recent years.
Or maybe I'm just getting old.
I wonder...
Mar 1, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2012
I really enjoyed this episode, and think they did the Magical Girl thing because Rika's VA, Tamura Yukari, voiced a bunch of other Magical Girls...including Meruru from OreImo, and Ink-Chan from Moetan...just to name a couple.
Mar 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Dec 2013
dat Ending xD
Naah, it was quite entertaining compared to other OVAs
Apr 25, 2014 8:57 PM
Feb 2013
That was just stupid, it completely lost what it was original about, I kinda expected them to go to different directions after finishing the main story, but not like this.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

notnishiura - Nov 26, 2011

96 by KingOfPneumos »»
Aug 30, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 22, 2011

221 by KingOfPneumos »»
Aug 26, 10:50 PM

Poll: » Favourite episode of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira?

Shiro- - Dec 3, 2012

6 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 25, 2023 2:41 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kira Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

2thuriel - Dec 20, 2011

102 by DvCGaming »»
Jul 21, 2023 6:50 PM

» Watching Order

Klefki_of_Awsome - Sep 24, 2022

4 by Klefki_of_Awsome »»
Sep 25, 2022 5:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.