Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 26, 2010 7:21 PM

Jan 2010
WOWOWOWOWWOWOWOW

If i cut off my finger then it has a soul.

Twisted logic GG
Dec 27, 2010 1:38 AM

Sep 2007
So Chad didn't get deported back to Mexico after all...
Dec 27, 2010 3:39 AM
Nov 2010
Not impressed.

Dull, vacuous panels which have long since lost its meaning of artistry with overuse. And to be honest, seven to eight years ago I loved this style of his. But when he recycled angles, eye-gazes, poses and dialogues for 400 chapters, the originality is lost. I'm now left with a sick feeling in my mouth.

What have I learned this chapter? All along I knew that Chad is going to appear, and that Riruka was talking to him, but Kubo deliberately saved the part of unveiling his presence at the very last page, and that's predictable and annoying. Through these pages, I was forced to read Riruka's annoying babble (although I dislike her, I'm very like her - I hate wearing glasses and I hate wearing contacts even more - thus I walk around half blind).

And the whole 'fullbringer' concept? Kubo has yet to explain and answer the massive mountain of questions he has built over the past 10 years, yet now he's introducing a new dimension look into souls with a brand new arc which has NOTHING to do with the past mysteries ever. It's not because Kubo does not have time to tell his story -- it's because he deliberately pulls shit after shit out of thin air to expound on the Bleach universe which has expired its prime and not resolving ANY of the issues he brought up in the past. He's also freaking selfish. I know some old people or sick kids who read Bleach. They don't have 10 years. Not saying he should write to cater to them, but seriously, stick within your own timeframe instead of trying to leech people dry. He probably knows he won't strike another goldmine like Bleach ever again so he's trying to bank in on this as much as he can.

And seriously? People are free to voice their opinions, even if it's hating something you love. Saying such inconducive things such as, "wow people are never happy" only serves to encourage people to hate this series / and their fans more. Bleach was possibly my best loved manga and I've been reading this since I was in high school. I deeply both admired and respected the weave of story telling Kubo had constructed, and I have analysed all the details to death in the past. It was such a fun series but that was in the past. I finished high school, I'm now done with university and have been working for a few years yet Kubo just went downhill all these years. He built up feasible logic, had many epic foundations of a great shounen only to skewer them and confound people with WTF scenarios and resolutions. Or, in many cases, pull shit out of his ass. It's like a bad, massive breakup with many disappointments so I really don't appreciate people who talk to me condescendingly as if I don't know any better or that I fail at analysing. The common integrations of symbolisms, cultural folklore, mythical beliefs, all these can be found in many mangas and/or Chinese/Japanese works of fiction/literature and so on. Am I obligated to be awed simply because Kubo made use of these trite intricacies? Just like other authors have done?

People can love the pale colour of orange and pink because they might remind them of the pretty sunset skies. The colours may rock their skirts and pants but I dislike it because it's an eyesore. Shove off and stop trying to change my opinion.
Dec 27, 2010 5:05 AM

Aug 2010
KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Dec 27, 2010 6:28 AM

Jun 2009
You got me there, Kubo..
No matter how good you are at something,
there's always about a million people better than you.
Dec 27, 2010 9:25 AM

Mar 2010
It sort of explains some stuff like perhaps Quincy, Chad and Orihime powers sort of. Not bad it's actually a decent chapter.

I'm just wonder whose gonna impale Ichigo.

Until their sappy backstory and how they were exiled/outcasts from X place and because of it they were forced to come to karakura town.
Dec 27, 2010 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
Wasabi said:
So Chad didn't get deported back to Mexico after all...

Rofl
Dec 27, 2010 12:43 PM

Aug 2010
This should be very interesting
Dec 27, 2010 12:53 PM

Jul 2009
I really hate how we're just supposed to accept these kinds of explanations without any sort of foreshadowing or ackowledgement by other charcters.

How did Xcution fly under SS's radar? How did the Vizards do it too, for that matter? For all Kubo's talk of how special watch is kept over Karakura because of it's high spiritual activity, SS knows jack shit about what goes on down there! Were the science division just sitting around, scratching their asses?

And so help me God, if someone says they we'ren't noticed because they manipulate souls not spirit particlles, I will flip out.

Also, I think Kubo needs to stop with the half hearted cliffhangers; everyone knew it was Chad, there was no need to wait until the very end to reveal him XD Kubo could have saved some space and pumped up the chapter content.

I didn't hate this chapter, but I didn't really enjoy it...2.5/5?
Dec 27, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
I though the "soul" means object's potential, that they can manipulate and realize in different rates.
Dec 27, 2010 1:21 PM

Aug 2010
Rizzle said:

How did Xcution fly under SS's radar? How did the Vizards do it too, for that matter? For all Kubo's talk of how special watch is kept over Karakura because of it's high spiritual activity, SS knows jack shit about what goes on down there! Were the science division just sitting around, scratching their asses?

And so help me God, if someone says they we'ren't noticed because they manipulate souls not spirit particlles, I will flip out.

I completely agree, its hilarious how everything seems to just slip past SS these days, and this partially pisses me off, because I have no idea whether Kubo is just writing nonsense without referring to his previous allegations, or he's trying to imply that SS really sucks without Urahara. Nothing slipped past that guy, however my bet is placed on Kubo forgetting what he writes. This is why I've stopped overthinking bleach, because it just screws with my mind.
Its interesting that they manipulate souls, however this better be the part where kubo starts explaining everything.
Dec 27, 2010 3:08 PM

Oct 2008
This Arc should just be the start of a completely new manga. If you completely disregard everything thats happened before, this seems like a fresh start to a whole new story
Dec 27, 2010 3:24 PM

Apr 2009
^hell yeah.. it would've been an awesome start to a new manga
Dec 27, 2010 10:41 PM
Mar 2009
...What a lame power...

At least Chad is back.
Dec 28, 2010 1:04 AM

Jun 2008
Wait, wasn't that an orange juice. How did alcohol got in it?
Is it a plot-hole or are this guys really evil and are trying to get Ichigo drunk and do nasty staff to him?

Now excuse me but i have to go talk to my aftershave bottle, i felt it's soul it's kind of depressed.
MonadDec 28, 2010 2:09 AM
Dec 28, 2010 3:47 AM

Jul 2007
Rizzle said:
I really hate how we're just supposed to accept these kinds of explanations without any sort of foreshadowing or ackowledgement by other charcters.

If talking about souls well....

Both Uryu, Ishida and Chad have objects that are very precious to them and passed down from someone else. Chasd has his abuelo's medallion, Orihime has her brother's hairpins, Uryu has his grandpa's cross. All things with strong emotional value to the owner and a history. Two out of three are visibly involved in activating their powers.

Chad was able to beat a holow with a simple telephone pole(which would not be possible in real world, unless the pole, itself a physical object, could somehow attain a spiritual value).

Then yu have the whole Chad's lines of "spirit of my abuelo lives in this arm" and so on.

Then you have people talking with swords ever since the start of the manga.

Then you have a mod soul perfectly animating a thing created out of purely inanimate materials.

Oh and then you have Urahara talking about Soul King being the "lynch pin" of the universe, which also connects to this. In pantheism everything is part of god. and thus everything is god and thus everything is with soul. And thus there is a god for each thing in existence, according to shintoism.

Rizzle said:

Vaizards and Urahara both had most skilled kido experts by their sides. Not to mention we are talking about the universe where stuff like reiatsu-masking cloaks exist. Not to mention that SS did not particularly pursue them very actively,

Now for Xcution....they have no reiatsu. AS long as they do not use their powers they would not differ to shinigami from the usual humans. Not to mention that XCUTION is in entirely different town from karakura. Their headquarters are in Naruki City.

Rizzle said:

Also, I think Kubo needs to stop with the half hearted cliffhangers; everyone knew it was Chad, there was no need to wait until the very end to reveal him XD Kubo could have saved some space and pumped up the chapter content.

I doubt anyone had doubts that it was chad. Kubo made it obvious with the speech patterns Chad uses and so on. Now on what was a cliffhanger is:
- Chad's new look.
- Chad actually meeting Ichigo in Xcution HQ.

Monad said:
Wait, wasn't that an orange juice. How did alcohol got in it?
Is it a plot-hole or are this guys really evil and are trying to get Ichigo drunk and do nasty staff to him?

Ginjou offered alchohol to Ichigo, LOL'd that Ichigo does not drink and gave orange juice instead(which in itself is a pun)

The "alchohol" he consumed is from his own drink.

Monad said:

Now excuse me but i have to go talk to my aftershave bottle, i felt it's soul it's kind of depressed.

now what I got from this thread is that everyone seems to think that souls are conscious.

Soul can't feel "depressed". Spirit can. Soul is just....energy. a foundation of the world and universe, person, thing. Even if inanimate things have consciousness, it works entirelly differently from living things. Quoting tsukihime game "to understand minerals your brain has to be wired in the same way minerals are".

In a sense yes, it does have soul, just the same as about every other damn thing in your room, country, continent, entire world, universe, existence.
AhenshihaelDec 28, 2010 4:00 AM
Dec 28, 2010 5:28 AM

Feb 2008
Fai said:

Ginjou offered alchohol to Ichigo, LOL'd that Ichigo does not drink and gave orange juice instead(which in itself is a pun)

Ginjou didn't offer Ichigo alcohol. He offered him a drink and got himself alcohol. Apparently Ichigos face suggested to Ginjou that Ichigo expected alcohol as well. To that Ginjou said that he can't serve alcohol to a minor.
Dec 28, 2010 5:33 AM

Dec 2009
Wine was gay.

Dec 28, 2010 7:09 AM

Sep 2009
Heh, the only thing I've got from this episode is that I've no idea how old Ichigo is. I'm a bit confused by Japanese school system, but I thought he was from high-school? Certainly noone in my country would complain about high-schooler drinking - that's practically the norm here. Sure, you can't officially buy alcohol if you're under 18, but there's no law against drinking it when you acquired it already.
Dec 28, 2010 12:47 PM
Nov 2010
i wonder if they can draw out whatever is inside the hogyoku
Dec 28, 2010 8:53 PM

Oct 2008
EWWWWWWW CHAD LOOKS ICKY.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 29, 2010 3:41 AM

Apr 2010
No more Bleach..no more

I wish it would just end..It's nowhere near as good as the beginning. This is just too pathetic

wtf is up with stealing a soul from alcohol...that's just plain bizarre, and lame. Overpowered bastards, that are weak as hell (wait and see)
A small request: If there is a post of mine that you dislike, or want to discuss with me, please do so on my profile's comment page. I know it defeats the purpose of forums, but, I usually don't revisit forum threads after a post (unless it's my own) due to extreme laziness, and confusion. I enjoy discussing/ flame warring with others XD.
Dec 29, 2010 4:53 AM

Aug 2009
Did not think it was possible for Kubo to top his previous deus ex machina(s), but dammit, he's done it again. Pitiful.

Congratulations Bleach, you have successfully reduced me to tears.

.--.

Dec 29, 2010 11:11 AM

Nov 2009
Is it just me or did Bleach meet Fullmetal Alchemist.
Dec 29, 2010 9:12 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Kubo is so awesome. So creative, phucking genius I tell you lol.

Dec 30, 2010 6:27 PM

Aug 2010
The new power isn't GROUNDBREAKING MATERIAL OF DOOM, but it's still a nice power nonetheless.
Dec 31, 2010 9:24 PM

Oct 2009
Kudos to Kubo... ._.

Guys quit alchohol, it's manslaugther.
YanofliesDec 31, 2010 9:33 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 1, 2011 2:08 PM

Jul 2009
I assume they're going to manipulate Ichigo's soul somehow to bring back his Shinigami powers.
Jan 1, 2011 2:56 PM

Nov 2009
...chad is back, let enjoyment of bleach resume?
Jan 3, 2011 6:12 PM

May 2007
cool explanation, cool power.
possibly explains chad and orihime's powers if they are the same as these dudes.
chad has a pendant his grandfather gave him and orihime has her hair clips?

only complaint this chapter .. can kubo think of some original characters? why must there always be an angry annoying girl and a cool, mysterious guy? way too overused in bleach.
Jan 5, 2011 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
I bet we'll either never hear from the Vizoreds again, or they'll be beaten in an instance. Then next arc, the same will happen to Xcutioners.
Jan 5, 2011 10:08 PM

Nov 2007
If the Fullbringers can manipulate souls I wonder if they could do anything to Shinigamis since they are in essence souls.

But I doubt it because that would make the new guys way to powerfull... then again look at Aizen.
Jan 12, 2011 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
We got a bunch of soul suckers in the house. I suppose in the world of Bleach it's a believable enough ability. Though I do wonder how they got it, why are they so organized and what they stand to benefit from Ichigo.

Feb 3, 2011 8:18 PM

Jul 2009
Jesuvius said:
Wth? Someone elaborate :P

So they pull souls out of living things and just pretty much can do everything because of that? And Chad somehow got involved?

yeah....here we go again
Feb 18, 2011 8:21 AM

Apr 2008
I wonder if one day any of these item souls will go berserk or just start moving with a mind of its own.

Cause there's a Japanese ghost in myth that come from very old items (or is just toys?), or something like that. Either that or ghosts...just appear to take the toys.
Jun 12, 2013 8:48 AM

Oct 2012
Even though I watched the anime I was quite surprised Chad was there.
-------Only God will judge me --------

iSignature
Jun 7, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, Riruka brought Sado.
Dec 8, 2021 5:19 AM

Nov 2019
Volume 49 was pretty average, the pace dropped below the ground and I don’t think I ever felt that bored reading a Bleach volume. Not much happened and I don’t think I like where the story is headed. The concept that glasses and chairs have little souls of their own is one of the most ridiculous things I ever read.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 662 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Feb 10, 2016

84 by Ramenus »»
Sep 19, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 15 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 4, 2009

8 by Datrunix »»
Sep 18, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 423 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jinjos - Oct 6, 2010

217 by Ramenus »»
Aug 24, 7:30 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 364 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

direbliss - Jul 1, 2009

157 by Ramenus »»
Aug 23, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 675 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

63 by Chuckiemuffin »»
Aug 15, 11:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.