Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2023 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
Pool episode + Nagi's singing. Blessed

The best special visual
AkeZZZAug 28, 2023 9:03 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Aug 28, 2023 10:14 AM
Sep 2015
Even in a sci-fi setting, fanservice episode is a must.
Aug 28, 2023 10:57 AM

Jul 2020
Lmao nice cockblocking move from Noir at the end, that moment alone made the episode 5/5 
Aug 28, 2023 11:56 AM

Feb 2019
The ability of anime to shoehorn beach/pool episodes into every series no matter the genre never ceases to amaze me lmao. Not complaining. [url= https://imgur.com/a/p8JtjwY] The girls all looked great. [/url] Kanata a lucky mf.

No, Ciel swimsuit I sleep 😴, but we did get an awesome performance from her. Kanata’s pep talk did wonders for her last week.

I thought Ciel was a lock for best girl last week, but idk Ellie giving her a run for her money. Childhood friend tax and she’s just genuinely adorable. Really cute seeing all the effort she went thru just to catch Kanata’s eye today. It worked too, Kanata’s just too awkward to be able to express it lol. Really had fun with this episode. Probably liked it more than last week which was my fave.

Kinda wild to me that they letting Klaudia hang out with them after the whole labyrinth fiasco and then the set up from before then.. I mean yea she’s hot but idk if I’d hang out with her lol

Cockblocking was the theme of the week from Noir I guess, lol. Ruined a great moment between Ellie and Kanata there.

Wait I see MAL has this listed for 12 eps now but it was definitely 24 eps at the start of the season, is it gonna be split cour?
Aug 28, 2023 12:14 PM

Dec 2021
Observing Ellie's tendency to sabotage herself was truly disheartening. The conversation with Maria offered a valuable morale boost, and one can only hope that Ellie finds the courage to be truthful before the show's conclusion.

Meanwhile, Tokio taking on the role of Ciel's manager isn't exactly shocking. He wouldn't let such a substantial revenue stream slip by. However, considering his nature, it's not far-fetched to imagine him stumbling into financial troubles in the most amusing manner possible.

Aug 28, 2023 12:20 PM

Jun 2017
You thought it's the classic swimsuit episode but it was Ciel all along!

Noir's timing at the end, lmaoooo.
Aug 28, 2023 1:03 PM

Nov 2022
I'm sorry lads but best waifu Ciel and Noir >>>>>>>>>>> Ellie any day of the week
Aug 28, 2023 1:13 PM
Jan 2022
I'm actually enjoying this anime so much hahaha
Aug 28, 2023 2:04 PM
May 2020
Kanata's harem is for both human and magus.
Equal opportunity
Aug 28, 2023 6:20 PM

Dec 2018
felt like a waste of time. this last week has been pretty bad episode-wise from my perspective. it seems to be systematic. i'm not watching this show for romance so i don't care for these dragged out romcom tropes. give me more world building ffs.
Aug 28, 2023 7:01 PM
Oct 2021
StateofOhayo said:
felt like a waste of time. this last week has been pretty bad episode-wise from my perspective. it seems to be systematic. i'm not watching this show for romance so i don't care for these dragged out romcom tropes. give me more world building ffs.

Next episode we get to see the game mc reappearing after 20 years.
Aug 28, 2023 9:18 PM

Jan 2011
The animation this episode was so fucking on point man.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Aug 28, 2023 9:20 PM

Jan 2011
StateofOhayo said:
This has been tease since episode 1 and it is critical to Ellie and Kanata's character arc expecting them to just ignore this is wild talk. I don't see romcom here as both characters are so fucking socially awkward it's funny as shit.
Aug 28, 2023 11:13 PM

Dec 2018
MasterHavik said:
StateofOhayo said:
This has been tease since episode 1 and it is critical to Ellie and Kanata's character arc expecting them to just ignore this is wild talk. I don't see romcom here as both characters are so fucking socially awkward it's funny as shit.
i would prefer it to be drip-fed than crammed into some pool episode all at once.
Aug 28, 2023 11:37 PM
Sep 2021
I don't understand why this anime receives such a bad score while its quality is reversed compared to that point.
Aug 29, 2023 1:53 AM
Jul 2023
This anime is actually quite good
Aug 29, 2023 3:40 AM

Mar 2008
I havent paid much attention to Ellie and her being into Kanata since she feels like she is so in the background but with more attention to her in this episode I think I like her more now. It's sweet she actually had nightmares over a memory of laughing at his dream when younger, it just seems really caring to make a big deal out of. 
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Aug 29, 2023 5:36 AM
Oct 2019
Ahhh It's the Obligatory Beach/Pool Episode in Anime.

The Animation when Ciel performing was clean.

Ellie focus episode, i like it.
Aug 29, 2023 7:44 AM
May 2019
traed said:
I havent paid much attention to Ellie and her being into Kanata since she feels like she is so in the background but with more attention to her in this episode I think I like her more now. It's sweet she actually had nightmares over a memory of laughing at his dream when younger, it just seems really caring to make a big deal out of. 

There's a currently running manga entitled "Synduality Ellie" that is from her POV. Only two chapters thus far.
Aug 29, 2023 9:34 AM
Jan 2020
Those camera movements during Ciel's performance are amazing! I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in any other show. She's fully 2D drawn too. The quality is shockingly high. 
Aug 29, 2023 11:20 AM
May 2019
hich4n_ said:
I'm sorry lads but best waifu Ciel and Noir >>>>>>>>>>> Ellie any day of the week

Well of course the synthoid waifus are better than the natural ones
Aug 29, 2023 1:15 PM

Mar 2008
sabishiihito said:
traed said:

There's a currently running manga entitled "Synduality Ellie" that is from her POV. Only two chapters thus far.

Maybe id check it out some time my internet isnt sucking.
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣸⠋⠀⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⡔⠀⢀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⡘⡰⠁⠘⡀⠀⠀⢠⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠁⠀⣀⠀⠀⡇⠀⡜⠈⠁⠀⢸⡈⢇⠀⠀⢣⠑⠢⢄⣇⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢰⡟⡀⠀⡇⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⡇⠈⢆⢰⠁⠀⠀⠀⠘⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⠀⠀⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡼⠀⣧⠀⢿⢠⣤⣤⣬⣥⠀⠁⠀⠀⠛⢀⡒⠀⠀⠀⠘⡆⡆⠀⠀⠀⡇⠀⠀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢵⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡰⠀⢠⠃⠱⣼⡀⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠳⠶⠶⠆⡸⢀⡀⣀⢰⠀⠀⢸ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⣀⣀⣀⠄⠀⠉⠁⠀⠀⢠⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⣼⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠴⠢⢄⡔⣕⡍⠣⣱⢸⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⡰⠃⢀⠎⠀⠀⡜⡨⢢⡀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣄⠀⠀⣠⠀⠀⠀⠐⢛⠽⠗⠁⠀⠁⠊⠀⡜⠸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⢀⠔⣁⡴⠃⠀⡠⡪⠊⣠⣾⣟⣷⡦⠤⣀⡈⠁⠉⢀⣀⡠⢔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⡤⡗⢀⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⣠⠴⢑⡨⠊⡀⠤⠚⢉⣴⣾⣿⡿⣾⣿⡇⠀⠹⣻⠛⠉⠉⢀⠠⠺⠀⠀⡀⢄⣴⣾⣧⣞⠀⡜⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠐⠒⣉⠠⠄⡂⠅⠊⠁⠀⠀⣴⣿⣿⣿⣿⣻⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⢠⣷⣮⡍⡠⠔⢉⡇⡠⠋⠁⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
Aug 29, 2023 3:23 PM

Jan 2011
StateofOhayo said:
MasterHavik said:
i would prefer it to be drip-fed than crammed into some pool episode all at once.
Fair but usually those end up going nowhere. This wasn't crammed but more so picking up on that point and advancing after establishing and furthering the growth of Kanata as a character. I will say it's only working for me right now as the show has done a good job of making both characters likable.
Aug 29, 2023 3:26 PM

Jul 2019
That was hot. Way too hot and better produced than all the episodes so far, lol.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 30, 2023 12:09 AM
Jul 2023
Ellie's boing boing makes Kanata boing boing.
Aug 31, 2023 9:06 AM

Dec 2022
Bro this was Ellie's only chance and Noir interrupted that so I don't think she's getting another chance like this.
Aug 31, 2023 8:40 PM
Jul 2020
What is it with these GOOFY pool episodes? SMH...

But in all seriousness, this wasn't too much of your copy-paste beach/pool filler episode, since we go to learn more of Ellie's feelings towards Kanata, and what she regretted doing to him in the past. But to be honest, I'm not too sure I like Ellie's character, since she just gets annoying at times and just acts like she hates Kanata when she's embarrassed.

Either way, seeing Ciel's surprise concert was nice, and watching Tokio collect all the money behind her was pretty hilarious to watch XD
Sep 2, 2023 7:06 AM
Jan 2017
Reply to kkcom
I don't understand why this anime receives such a bad score while its quality is reversed compared to that point.
@kkcom I think the mecha portion of the animation is lazy and others probably picked that up early and gave it a harsh score.

You get a lot of hardcore mecha enthusiast watching mecha anime so that is going to affect the score as much.

In fact the only decent mecha animation from them is episode 7.

They love to have characters talk and the enders waiting for them to finish like the polite bugs they are, and the lack of any damage to any models or assets and masking battle damage with explosions instead just to point a few.
Sep 2, 2023 8:08 AM
Sep 2021
Reply to OrangeMoonSG
@kkcom I think the mecha portion of the animation is lazy and others probably picked that up early and gave it a harsh score.

You get a lot of hardcore mecha enthusiast watching mecha anime so that is going to affect the score as much.

In fact the only decent mecha animation from them is episode 7.

They love to have characters talk and the enders waiting for them to finish like the polite bugs they are, and the lack of any damage to any models or assets and masking battle damage with explosions instead just to point a few.
@OrangeMoonSG yeah, u are right.
Sep 4, 2023 8:37 AM

Jul 2017
I feel like they've been hampering the relationship between Ellie and Kanata for far too long...it's just either continuous tease or just goading for a push.

The troupe that finally took a break from all of the mecha action so far, it's the tropey beach episode that has all of the girls pit together to do what it takes for Ellie to win Kanata's heart, though Noir sure misunderstood that intention, and understands some. Till now, they're just the same as any childhood friend twin.

Though Tokio and Ciel sure came unnoticed about the idol-like stage performance which rakes fortunes for the former, the latter is revived through her music, it hurts Ellie even more that she can't be upfront about her feelings for him, which spites even more that Ellie had an indirect kiss when Kanata saved her from her drowning...or more like Ciel saved her. The dream that Kanata had when he was young, he'd forgotten all about it since Ellie has been by his side growing all the time. And Noir has to come to spoil that moment...

This kind of episode goes to show that there's just lackluster quality when there is not much story to go on...
Sep 5, 2023 2:40 AM

Oct 2017
Ciel's so cute, glad to hear more of her singing. Need more of her. Ellie focus episode this time, Noir did great cocblocking them lmao.
Nov 29, 2023 6:08 PM

Dec 2022
Looks like the heroines are all getting their own episode dedicated to them, and this one happens to amalgamate the "pool episode" into it as well. There's definitely a harem setup, but remains to be seen if there will be a harem ending.

╔⏤═⏤╝ ╚⏤═⏤╗
Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 5 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 7, 2023

31 by Lanz »»
May 17, 5:39 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MegamiRem - Jul 10, 2023

51 by Lanz »»
May 15, 1:50 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 7 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2023

27 by Satan_A »»
Mar 23, 3:31 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 10 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Sep 11, 2023

15 by parzxval »»
Mar 7, 6:30 AM

Poll: » Synduality: Noir Episode 3 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Jul 24, 2023

39 by KURAIKEN63 »»
Jan 22, 6:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.