Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 23, 2013 4:29 PM

Aug 2012
Another reaction thread, nothing new.

Move along, now.
Oct 23, 2013 4:36 PM
Mar 2011
SolviteSekai said:
30k copies of Free and kyo ani is dead.

Holy fuck MAL is a den of morons.

still just a p/l margin of under 2/1
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Oct 23, 2013 4:46 PM

Jan 2011
wtf? go draw and animate your superawesome characters you have in mind and direct your superawesometopoftheworldandhistorystory for yourself if you dont like this show, but please dont waste our time and the servers disc space with those useless threads! mattaku ...
Oct 23, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2007
It won't flop in sales because Kyoani fanboys will always buy stuff with the Kyoani label on it no matter what but if we're talking about it ever turning into something truly memorable I severely doubt it at this rate. Still people will claim it's a masterpiece regardless like they always do with anything Kyoani related.
PeacingOutOct 23, 2013 4:56 PM
Oct 23, 2013 5:07 PM

Feb 2012
I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet.

KnK just jumped to 50 on stalker after being ranked 500+ over the last few weeks. It has a pulse. Think it was in the 800's 24 hours before ep 4 aired. Of course, we'll have to wait a day or so to see if the ranking is legit.

Also, KyoAni will be fine. P.A works is in their level of quality and they've only had 3 shows that sold over 7.5k, with the rest selling less than 5k yet they're still making quality shows.
YveseOct 23, 2013 5:12 PM
Oct 23, 2013 6:30 PM

Apr 2009
Munto and Tamako Market dem masterpieces HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH

But yeah, there's plenty of things to take into factor for sales. If studios were finished because of one series that sells poorly, then the only studio left would be....GHIBLI
Oct 23, 2013 6:38 PM

Nov 2009
...Isn't BD for KnK coming out January 2014?
Why are you talking about this now when we're not even halfway through the series yet?

Never trust predicted sales.
Chuunibyou movie already recently aired in theaters too,
and second season is already planned on coming out in Winter 2014 aka next season...
Oct 23, 2013 6:46 PM
Oct 2012
Yvese said:
Also, KyoAni will be fine. P.A works is in their level of quality and they've only had 3 shows that sold over 7.5k, with the rest selling less than 5k yet they're still making quality shows.

I like that you brought up PA Works. I was trying to think of studios that is consistently as high in visual quality as KyoAni, and PA works was the only one I could think of.

But there in lies the rub. While I like PA premises far better in general, far more often than not by the end of the series I have a disappointed feeling. Whereas KyoAni, in being less ambitious, doesn't disappoint to the same degree, even if, overall, I think PA Works had far better potential.

Call it human nature, or to use a baseball analogy, PA is the type of batter that swings for the fence, but more times than not strikes out. Whereas KyoAni is the type of batter that is content to give you a barrage of singles, driving in the runs. While overall, the PA type is more valuable, for a person watching each and every bat, KyoAni delivers the goods.
Oct 23, 2013 7:03 PM
Oct 2012
Are we already forgetting about Chuunibyou, which was ridiculously successful in Japan? Not to mention, they're probably still swimming in the cash that Haruhi Suzumiya and K-On made them.

KyoAni will be fine.
Oct 23, 2013 9:36 PM

Jun 2013
i have to say that i'm KyoAni fanboy, but really, this thread is nothing but useless

and why have to discuss wether KyoAni is finished with just 4 episodes that people calld it medicore (though i think it's really good) ??

KyoAni has alot of fanboy (just like me, even though i'll try my best to be wiser), so there's no piont to discuss something like this
Oct 23, 2013 9:42 PM

Oct 2012
Wait for it to finish... just. freaking. wait.

Does adding something different than the usual (sports of male teams, supernatural powers, monsters etc.) point toward the sign 'KyoAni's bankruptcy' all the time?
Alone on a Friday night? Remember that DIO did nothing wrong!
Oct 23, 2013 9:52 PM

Feb 2013
LOL ...funny how ppl think 2 to 3 bad anime can bankrupt a company that is so big
Oct 23, 2013 10:04 PM

Oct 2007
reyhangustira said:
i have to say that i'm KyoAni fanboy, but really, this thread is nothing but useless

and why have to discuss wether KyoAni is finished with just 4 episodes that people calld it medicore (though i think it's really good) ??

KyoAni has alot of fanboy (just like me, even though i'll try my best to be wiser), so there's no piont to discuss something like this

This is quite possibly the truest thing anyone has ever said on this forum in so many ways. Read it and understand that which is.....
Oct 23, 2013 10:14 PM

Aug 2013
"Is KyoAni finished?"

I doubt it.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 24, 2013 12:59 AM

Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
reyhangustira said:

This is quite possibly the truest thing anyone has ever said on this forum in so many ways. Read it and understand that which is.....

Wise answer

I don't see being a fanboy is bad (to a certain extent), as longs as you respect others.
Oct 24, 2013 1:53 AM

Jun 2013
Cedronia said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
reyhangustira said:

Wise answer

I don't see being a fanboy is bad (to a certain extent), as longs as you respect others.

haha thanks
Oct 24, 2013 1:55 AM

Oct 2011
HaXXspetten said:
Does any company have a 100% success rate?

I ran a lemonade stand when I was like 11 for two days and sold my entire stock both days.
Oct 24, 2013 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
Kaioshin_Sama said:
reyhangustira said:

Still,your last post wasnt so true.Not all of their series sold like crazy.Unless if you mean that the blind fanboys are 5-6k max.
Oct 24, 2013 3:57 AM

Feb 2008
They can just make more pandering trash like Free. It will be fine.
Oct 24, 2013 4:02 AM
Mar 2011
lol last time i remember "free" was just last season... sorry but just because you wish that everything else that is more popular than what you like could disappear, it's not going to happen.
Oct 24, 2013 4:04 AM

Apr 2013
ona said:
Just because they have one title that doesn't sell as well as others they're finished? KyoAni are probably swimming in cash, they can afford to take a hit.
Swimming in cash... huehuehue

Free! season 2!!!

But I'm still rooting for KnK as well.

Oct 24, 2013 4:07 AM

Aug 2009
Veronin said:

Like K-on.
Oct 24, 2013 4:08 AM

Mar 2008
Shuhan said:
Kyoani attempted to break the mold of what they usually do...

Is this even true? Looking at the whole of Kyoani's titles I'd have thought it fair to say that with the exception of perhaps Fullmetal Panic (and Munto?); all their titles including Kyoukai no Kanata could be boiled down to a "mold" of 'moe cute characters + genre X'.
Oct 24, 2013 4:19 AM

Jul 2010
so what's this topic about? even Manglobe whom should be begging in streets right now is alive and kicking
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 24, 2013 5:18 AM

Apr 2011
Kyoani? Finished!

BWAHAHAHAHA! That's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard!
Oct 24, 2013 5:40 AM

Jun 2013
Pat_To_Do-List said:
seikipunch said:
Highly unlikely. I've heard they got quit a sum from Free!

Free! is just . . . I do not know what to say.

I know, but the sales are relatively high. And not to mention the money they got from the Chuunibyou movie.
Gutalala ~~ sudalala

"It would be great to live as a human"
-Meruem, King of the Ants
Oct 24, 2013 7:06 AM

Jan 2012
Veronin said:

Lol, like every other KyoAni project recently couldn't be called Yuri pandering trash. I sense some closet homophobia, or most likely just full on "in the closet" behavior.
Oct 24, 2013 7:13 AM

May 2011
Free is topping the charts so far, so i doubt they're in deep shit right now. And it's not like anime are like triple A games, which can easily cost 170mil+ to develop.
Oct 24, 2013 7:16 AM

Jul 2007
It looks that the new trend is make a post like this one each season? Well, sadly for you KyoAni has enough money in their wallets to be around for a while.
Oct 24, 2013 7:51 AM

Aug 2009
If KnK starts flopping, they could just throw in a pool and guys with fancy hair, remove their nippples and we have another masterpiece.
Oct 24, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2011
Shuhan said:
The sales so far are looking horrid. Kyoani attempted to break the mold of what they usually do and it has been completely unsuccessful. Does this mean Kyoani is finished?

Financially:
FYI, Nichijou was a really expensive show. And it flopped really hard. And yet they still kicking up with Hyoka, Chuuni, and Free!

FYI, There was this show called Endless Eight which put a blazing rage amongst fans. And once again they still kicking really hard with Disappearance Movie and K-ON!

Formulation:
The last time I heard people dissing KyoAni for never doing an actual action show with their talented animator (since Munto?). And yet here we are watching a full-fledged non-chuuni action show made by KyoAni.

The fuck is wrong with you people?
Oct 24, 2013 12:34 PM

Mar 2012
Yup, RIP KyoAni.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 24, 2013 12:37 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Locked
Do we need to create one of these every time that Kyoani creates an anime that we do not like. There is nothing to discuss here, either it will be successful or it won't.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2013

448 by ds87 »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.