Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 5, 2008 12:41 AM

Mar 2008
Like the title says has anyone ruined a epic moment for you? I have been lucky enough to have that happen more times then I can count(I can only count to 10 =P) I'm sure most people my age(15-18) know what I mean parents/sister/brother walks in while theres a epic moment..That pretty much happend to me every epic moment in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann...and there where alot(in my opinon any way). And I know I could just rewind...but the I lose the epic feeling(yes I know what the epic feeling is I lock my door while watching Bleach =P). So how about you guys ever have some ruin a epic moment in a anime for you?

Mr-FreemanAug 15, 2009 4:27 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 5, 2008 12:44 AM

Jun 2008
My power went out while I was watching the final ten minuets of Welcome to the NHK. It ruined the epicness to say the least, and my day.
I'm back.
Aug 5, 2008 12:49 AM

Jul 2008
Does having a room-mate walk in to whine at you about her boyfriend while you're crying to a sad moment in anime count?

If so, yes.. Constantly... By the end of it she was convinced I -really- cared about what she was saying.
Aug 5, 2008 1:16 AM

Aug 2007
Spoiler for End of Evangelion

Mod Edit: Please use and label spoiler tags where appropriate.
asandariAug 20, 2009 5:46 PM
Aug 5, 2008 1:32 AM

May 2008
Nathan-the-Axe said:
My power went out while I was watching the final ten minuets of Welcome to the NHK. It ruined the epicness to say the least, and my day.

Oh, God. :S I don't think I could have handled that.
Aug 5, 2008 1:34 AM
Mar 2008
If it's something I like and know will be epic, I make sure I watch it alone. This applies to tv series as well as anime. Movies are an exception because they're more of a social thing for me, and I tend to ruin other people's epic experience by giggling, or just down right cracking up at the wrong moments.
Aug 5, 2008 1:36 AM

Jan 2008
ender650 said:
When I was watching End of Evangelion....

woah dude dont spoil it for people who wants to watch it... not like i will ever but still

*back to topic*

yup all the time, when i get excited aboutt something you can obviously see it over my face and hear me.. countless times people walk in my room to ask me whats the matter, or are super loud I need to keep pausing and rewinding to see if I've missed anything. Now I try to not make any noise and to keep my door locked. :3
Aug 5, 2008 6:47 AM

May 2008
I was in the final 5-10 minuets of End of Evangelion when my friends showed up at my house and I had to put it on hold for a day.
Aug 5, 2008 7:08 AM

Jul 2007
Does Black Star count?

Also, the amazing momentum of 5cm/s was ruined when I tried showing it to my sister, constantly, quite annoying.
Aug 5, 2008 8:35 AM

Apr 2008
When I was watching the last episode of Haruhi Suzumiya in my room, my brother's LOUDDDDD music from outside my room really ruined it for me. Thank God for season two?

And, if it counts, yesterday when I beat Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, and my mom walked in and started yapping at me while the credits were rolling. THANKS, MOM!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2008 9:53 AM

Jul 2008
End of Evangelion was ruined for me as well because one of my "friends" that I was watching it with at the time, who really wanted to see it I might add, decided that the movie was totally gay and way to psychological for him and began to ask about a million questions about what was going on and why everything was happening. (This was during the last 30 minutes to be specific.) Needless to say, I didn't get much out of the first viewing and had to watch it again by myself but by then the moment was ruined. Luckily the movie's good enough that it didn't really matter too much.

Also when I was watching Planetes my mom came in and started watching it with me. This is on one of the last episodes aboard the ship that was going to go to Saturn. I had to explain the plot to her and then she was like, "Well, this is too weird for me I'm leaving." It made me miss a very pivotal moment in the series
It sucked.

Aug 5, 2008 11:21 AM

Jul 2007
GAH
remembering just makes me pissed

i had ef episode 10 on, the room was dark, it was getting exciting with kei's buildup moment and suddenly i hear a loud aim *recieved im* sound and it forces my max screen to minimize... argh!!!

to make matters worse, during the following countdown moment, the same person im's me again... omg
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2008 12:35 PM

May 2007
*Sigh* Not someone, but electricity. It went off the very second I saw the kissing scene in Haruhi's last episode. Had to explain why I shouted "F*** YOU!" so loud when it was something normal.

Oh and also, I usually copy the episode to somewhere else and start to watch an episode before it actually gets downloaded. Since I believed Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's last episode will be epic, I decided to dl it HQ instead of those crappy rmvb. So, I download a bit, and then, the f***ing internet connection gets broken. "Oh well, I'll just watch what I've downloaded" I say. Just as I read the sub saying "Who the hell do you think we are!" and getting abnormally pumped up, the video finishes before they can even finish saying the line.

Accidentally broke my IPod because of the reason above. The frustration...
Aug 5, 2008 1:13 PM

Jul 2007
Use spoiler tags! You're ruining the epic moments for people right now if you don't! *points at DaBigD, ender650*
Aug 5, 2008 1:27 PM

Jun 2008
My neighbour's daughter (little brat) rung to my door (she needed something I don't remeber what) exactly when I was in the middle of death note's final episode! now...I know that this could be sound strange but... she's still alive :P
Aug 5, 2008 1:37 PM

Jun 2008
I was watching Death Note and I had accidentally scrolled down to the comments section of the episode and the first one was
and I was just like SLDKFJSLKDFJLSDKFJ *FLAIL*
That kind of ruined it all for me.

Or any time when I'm in the middle of a huge Bleach battle and a parent of mine will tap my shoulder and say "I THOUGHT YOU GREW OUT OF POKEMON?" (or some other Pokemon-related comment--and yes, this has happened multiple times with both parents). Needless to say the epicness flies out the window and and dies at that point. (Especially when, after the Bount Arc, all I could imagine was Chad yelling out "I CHOOSE YOU, NOVACHU!")
Aug 5, 2008 1:53 PM

Jul 2007
I flipped the bird to my roommate for trying to talk to me about something during Gurren Lagann's final episode. And countless points of Kanon 2006 were ruined emotionally because my sister always seems to think I care about her life when I'm watching anime.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Aug 5, 2008 1:58 PM

Sep 2007
It wasn't that bad, but someone suddenly started drumming outside my window when I sat watching the last episodes of Darker than Black yesterday and was really pissed off at
death. :x

And it was 3 AM... Dx
Aug 5, 2008 1:59 PM

Apr 2008
It doesn't really count as ruining an epic moment during an anime episode, but I've had people multiple times on forums spoil Bleach quite a few times. Spoiler tags are enforced, but being the noobs they are, won't read the rules.
Aug 5, 2008 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
hmm.. i don't think so
Aug 5, 2008 3:50 PM

Jun 2008
One time I was watching a movie with a friend who had already seen it. Towards the end of the movie he says, "Get ready for the twist!" Then I could guess where the story was going to go, which ruined it for me.
Aug 6, 2008 4:33 AM

Jul 2008
Sometimes I let myself get spoiled, so it's really my fault all around xP

4Kids also ruin everything for me D:
''... you know what? As a writer, I bring life into those who will experience happiness, sadness, torment and love in stories I write. They will have the opportunity to discover what being important means... and all because I will never be able to do the same as they could. If I could, I would put myself in their place right now. But no, my magic isn't like that...''
Aug 6, 2008 6:04 AM

Jun 2008
mg yes x[ flow of events are starting to boil, it gets interesting, i can't get my face away from screen, all trembling, living along with happenings, can't wait what will just now happen..and then gran or mom shuffles in room n yells something like- come help me with laundry!!..n i saying her -not now! go away! later..but no she won't go anywhere she starts to have a chit chat with me like- when is it later? i need help right now, why are u so lazy? u are not doing anything serious anyway blah blah..veery annoying stuff >__<
ShadowwAug 6, 2008 8:32 AM
Aug 6, 2008 7:29 AM

Jul 2008
did spoileed myself or from my friends sometimes~~
it can really ruin a epic moment when you know what the epic moment is T_T

Aug 6, 2008 8:10 AM

Apr 2007
It's happened time and time again, and it's never a good moment for those who disturbed me.
Aug 6, 2008 8:46 AM

Feb 2008
Never. This is exactly the reason I watch only when everybody is in bed.
Aug 6, 2008 8:47 AM
Jun 2008
a guy on a forum ruined part of Deathnote for me. <_<
Aug 6, 2008 9:39 AM

Jul 2007
Aug 6, 2008 11:09 AM

Jun 2008
I was reading a Yahoo Answers thing on vampire Knight (It wanted to know how many episodes Guily would have), and one of the comments said
and that just ruined it for me D8

Then the same day I was watching Code Geass and someone posted

Damn spoilers
Aug 6, 2008 11:30 AM

Apr 2007
Sometimes on quite a few anime. Most are on the internetz from people who DON'T USE SPOILER TAGS. It messed up Death Note, Gurran Lagan, Bleach, Naruto and FMA for me. Thanks a lot guys.

As for people walking in on a great scene it's happened in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien on a couple of emotional scenes. When there a huge fight in Gundam Seed my mom comes in and starts bitchin' about something. And a few times when watching my yaoi and het hentai. :( Had to close the screen out and watch them the next day.

Aug 6, 2008 11:31 AM

Apr 2007
BadLuckTuckxL said:
I was reading a Yahoo Answers thing on vampire Knight (It wanted to know how many episodes Guily would have), and one of the comments said
and that just ruined it for me D8

That too! I encountered something similar in MAL and was pissed off.

Aug 6, 2008 11:43 AM

Jul 2007
gurren lagann spoiler...

code geass r2 spoiler...
Aug 6, 2008 1:27 PM

Apr 2008
-sigh- like everyone else, yes.

I hate it when my brother comes in my room every 10 minutes to see what im doing.

tied to the darkness...
soon to be completely eclipsed.
c h a r i s m a g i c
click here for a DARAGON fanfiction!
Aug 6, 2008 3:38 PM

Aug 2008
My sister repeatedly ruins things by coming downstairs and playing YouTube videos louder than anyone needs to as well as music. I've also had a fair share of spoilers being blurted out in conversation, one I can remember being about Death Note's ending.
Aug 6, 2008 6:39 PM

Oct 2007
Nathan-the-Axe said:

haha that exact same thing happen to me, except my computer froze :X

Aug 6, 2008 6:47 PM

Jul 2008
I was watching someone's vlog on youtube; The guy was talking about something that had nothing to do with Cowboy Bebop, yet he spoiled the ending anyway. He could have at least put a spoiler tag in the comments or something...
Aug 6, 2008 8:17 PM

Feb 2007
Zatake said:
*posts stupid topic*

'twas a mistake.

oh and ps. people use spoiler tags when talking about moments ruined for you. You don't want to ruin other peoples moments, now do you?
Aug 6, 2008 8:20 PM

Jun 2007
Well I was watching the last episode of Ouran...
and in the part where

and suddenly my brother barges into my room all loud like and tells me
"My mom says you better be ready to leave when she gets here and she also asked that I tell you... bla bla bla set of chores"
The moment just died.
So I screamed at my brother and didn't watch the end till the next day o_ó

Aug 6, 2008 8:31 PM

Mar 2007
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann ::SPOILED TWICE::
Hitman Reborn ::SPOILED ~12 times::
Monster ::One big story arc exposed::
School Days ::Nice Boat spoiler (j/k) but too many ppl posting ep 12 screenshots everywhere when it got released::
Air Gear ::Real disappointing spoiler for the end::
Death Note ::Some jackass that read the manga goes and justs puts a giant spoiler that ruins the first 26 episodes of the show months in advance::

...thats all i can think of :

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Aug 6, 2008 10:36 PM

Apr 2008
only every freaking time!

IT'S THE SAME DAMN PERSON DOING IT TOO

But he's so much fun to beat on that I can't stop talking to him.

So far he's ruined:
Naruto
Bleach
Death Note
Fruits Basket
Get Backers
Hellsing

Aug 16, 2008 4:01 PM

Jun 2008
I was watching episode 12 of Junjo and my mom kept coming downstairs...and coz my mom HATES yaoi, I had to close out of the window...and restart it....again and again.......XDDD
Aug 16, 2008 7:44 PM

Dec 2007
Spoilers are everywhere, and I often come across them.
It happens when I watched Code Geass R2.

Happened when I was watching Death Note too.

As for TTGL.

There are more, but those are the 'best' ones..

Someone spoiled CLANNAD ~After Story~ for me as well. Ok, that was entirely my fault for clicking the 'show spoiler' button..lol..^_^
Aug 16, 2008 8:33 PM

Apr 2008
Hell Yeah!! My friend Alex at school drives me crazy spoiling Naruto for me. He's not really a fan of the show he just loves Akatsuki.

Anyway one time was in the hallway at school and as I walked passed him he just randomly said

my reaction was *stopped walking* 0_o .........o~0..........T~T..........ToT

I beat the hell out of him after school for that. But unfortunately he's to retarded to learn his lesson so about a month ago I received an email from him entitled "OMG I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!" so of course I opened it. He had wrote some crap about halo and about halfway through the letter he wrote

Pissed me off so badly that I emailed him back and sent hundreds of yaoi pics of Kisame and Itachi and all the other Akatsuki's doing it with each other.

Sep 7, 2008 4:23 AM

Aug 2008
Spoiler AMVs
I accidentally watched one T-T

Sep 7, 2008 4:53 AM

Apr 2008
My computer froze while watching Death Note Episode

I was watching the Last Aria the Origination episode and 15 minutes in i had dinner ; P
Sep 12, 2008 1:59 PM

Feb 2008
In Hajime no Ippo, during the fight where Ippo vs Date, I read a comment about the results of the match.

Sep 12, 2008 2:04 PM

Aug 2008
Rurouni Kenshin was going great just then some asshole said what happen to Kenshin and he didn't even put a spoiler tag.

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 12, 2008 2:44 PM

Jun 2008
Haha, my brother was in the room while I was watching the
of Clannad, so the whole time I was like, "Must. Not. Show. Emotion."
Sep 13, 2008 11:23 AM
Aug 2008
Too many times. I cant remember but someone always doing something useless in this house so I have to wait till AM or later to actually watch anime

At the same time the Internet has pretty much spoiled all epic moments in bleach for me.
Sep 13, 2008 12:00 PM
Sep 2008
Ah yes problems in school and collage find their way to ruin great moments
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Categorize your Profile Favorite Characters as sadist, masochist, or switch

IpreferEcchi - 28 minutes ago

2 by Timeline_man »»
16 seconds ago

» Why are so many ecchi enjoyers overweight?

EverRealm - 2 hours ago

20 by logopolis »»
1 minute ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

64 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » Favorite Beater in anime

Catalano - 5 minutes ago

0 by Catalano »»
5 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 8 hours ago

25 by Shizuna »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.