Forums
New
Have your parents ever hit/beaten you?
Yes
68.8%
No
31.2%
170 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 9, 2011 12:20 PM

Aug 2007
stormgoddess said:
When I was a kid till my teenage years, yeah, so much that my lips/mouth, nose, and some other body parts bled countless times. Even once got beaten up the night before my birthday. Tough body I got here though. :P And they were the ones who apologized first anyway so I guess that's okay...?

DesolateOne said:
Hell yeah. I got my ass beat plenty of times.

It's fucked up but I got beaten so bad once that cops came and tried to take me away.

I got beat up another time so bad it left me in bed for 2 days straight.

First instance was for such a dumb reason but second was totally my fault.

Fck. Even if it was your fault that was just too much. ):

Of course it isn't ok.

Maal said:
No huge beating, but i did get some bruise and stuff. There was also alot of yelling, me and my sis were raised to be perfect lil children that are always nice and no misbehavior were tolered.

We go visit an uncle? Sit down there and don't move or talk until we leave. If i was thirsty and accepted a juice or something that the host offered me (i DARE make the host work), i could see the '' Just wait till we get home '' in my dad eyes.

Anyway, something seem to have changed in the past years, my little brother never got touched or anything, and he's growing into a nice spoiled ignorant king of the world, like most of the kids today... If a little beating is all it take to removed those brats from the face of earth i'm all for it.

Hey its only a beating. Nothing wrong with that at all.
Nov 9, 2011 12:31 PM

Mar 2010
Yes. But my mom gave up when i was six, because at every hit, i laughed louder. D=
Nov 9, 2011 1:16 PM

Nov 2009
Yes, I grew up in a very disfunctional family (Dad had 14 domestic violences). If I ever have a kid though I would never hit them, I wouldnt even spank them.
Nov 9, 2011 6:44 PM
Nov 2011
Nah, never. They're both cool and lovely parents.
Nov 9, 2011 6:46 PM

Jul 2010
Ha, yeah. But oh boy am I grateful for that.
It's been a while...
Nov 9, 2011 11:46 PM

Aug 2007
JJandWine said:
Ha, yeah. But oh boy am I grateful for that.

I didn't think anybody would ever be grateful to have been beat.
Nov 10, 2011 12:08 AM

Jun 2011
I've gotten slapped and my dad used to throw plastic bowls full of food at me but I am also greatful to them.

Oh and once I got slapped in the face and I had trouble hearing for days but it's my own fault for trying to pull off a lie.

Parents can be wonderful and I love mine.
Nov 10, 2011 12:11 AM

Jun 2009
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I was a good kid, so I got slapped only a couple of times, for serious things. Never spanked.

It's disturbing to see how many violent parents there are.

DevilishTime said:
Yes, when I was a child I normally got hit when I did something wrong, I think it's a good method of education, I'm not against it, I'll hit my kids for sure xD
People like you should not have children. Or dogs, for that matter.

^because of this kind ideology, there are so many spoiled brats in this word now.
Nov 10, 2011 12:30 AM

Oct 2010
Nope, I tried to be good kid due to my phobia of police officers at the time.
Nov 10, 2011 12:42 AM

Feb 2010
No. My parents aren't that mean to me. :P
Nov 10, 2011 2:06 AM

Jun 2011
I don't think most of the parents hit their children for the fun of it. In my case it was to keep me away from bad things and I'm reslly grateful for that D:
Nov 10, 2011 2:29 AM

Jan 2011
IZUMI64 said:

^because of this kind ideology, there are so many spoiled brats in this word now.

^can't put it into better words. I was pretty bad when I'm small, so things like bullying and vandalising was normal to me. Man , I still remember those days where my parents and teachers gave me canings all the time. But I'm totally grateful that they did that. Education can come in many ways.
Nov 10, 2011 2:34 AM

Sep 2011
I was hit with a slipper when I was younger. That was about it.
Nov 10, 2011 2:35 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah. I even used to hide under the bed to run away, but then when they found me they would resort to the broom instead and I'd be screwed lol
Nov 10, 2011 2:41 AM

Nov 2011
I don't remember being hit hard. I remember a few slaps to the face though.
Nov 10, 2011 2:48 AM

Sep 2011
Several times when I was younger, but they haven't been able to lay a hand on me since my teens, when I grew way too strong and tall for them.
Nov 10, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2011
Nope.
Nov 10, 2011 10:26 AM

Aug 2007
Decee said:
I've gotten slapped and my dad used to throw plastic bowls full of food at me but I am also greatful to them.

Oh and once I got slapped in the face and I had trouble hearing for days but it's my own fault for trying to pull off a lie.

I love how you think it was completely ok and think its your fault for getting beat.

IZUMI64 said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:
I was a good kid, so I got slapped only a couple of times, for serious things. Never spanked.

DevilishTime said:
Yes, when I was a child I normally got hit when I did something wrong, I think it's a good method of education, I'm not against it, I'll hit my kids for sure xD

^Because of this kind of ideology there are so many child abusers in the world.
Nov 10, 2011 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
What's wrong with smacking children around?

They are normally small and physically weak; how are they going to retalliate?

Plus, do it often enough and they will become emotionally scared and develop psychological complexes about how it was all their fault and they will hate themselves for it.

Alternatively, they mightl tell somebody about it, in which case they'll be taken away from you.

Which is great, because it means when they do become old enough to hit you back, they won't be able to, either because of a false self-imposed sense of guilt, or because they don't live with you any more.

The only downside really is that when you get old, you'll be going straight to the care home.
Nov 10, 2011 10:37 AM
Nov 2010
No
Nov 10, 2011 12:24 PM

Dec 2009
My mother once kinda strangled me, but stopped immediately and then bought me ice cream xD
Nov 10, 2011 1:31 PM

Jul 2011
Sir_Lexa said:
My mother once kinda strangled me, but stopped immediately and then bought me ice cream xD

lol. lolololololololololololololololololololol, @awkward moment :'D
The Internet is a very bad place, you should never go there.
Nov 10, 2011 2:31 PM

Jun 2011
Carmine said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Why would she randomly stop and then rush to buy you ice-cream?! I wonder what happened

As for the discussion above about hitting your own kids or not; TBH, the new generation haven't really got hit here and they are SO spoiled. I dislike it, but I think there should be a limit to hitting, a little spank/pulling ear would be enough.

You're right. My little brother isn't even getting yelled at and these days he's the one abusing the older siblings.
He's only 5 xD
Nov 10, 2011 2:34 PM

Aug 2011
Decee said:
My little brother isn't even getting yelled at and these days he's the one abusing the older siblings.
He's only 5 xD

I hate brats like that!
Nov 10, 2011 2:37 PM

Feb 2011
Yeah, I was spanked a few times as a kid when I misbehaved. I was generally a calm and obedient child so it didn't happen often. But my mother was VERY strict with me. I think that as a doctor and a single mother she wanted to have a perfect child. I don't think it was right. I'm in my 20s now and I suppose that my problems with low self-esteem partially stem from that.
Nov 10, 2011 2:42 PM

Aug 2007
MizuKagami413 said:
Yeah, I was spanked a few times as a kid when I misbehaved. I was generally a calm and obedient child so it didn't happen often. But my mother was VERY strict with me. I think that as a doctor and a single mother she wanted to have a perfect child. I don't think it was right. I'm in my 20s now and I suppose that my problems with low self-esteem partially stem from that.

She must not be a very good doctor if she doesn't know being too strict is harmful to kids.
Nov 10, 2011 2:52 PM

Jul 2011
Karhu said:
No.
"People fall in love with a person, not a gender."
Nov 10, 2011 3:13 PM

Oct 2011
Yes all the time. I wasn't even bad but I tended to forget things a lot.
Nov 10, 2011 3:17 PM

Feb 2011
Drunk_Samurai said:
MizuKagami413 said:

She must not be a very good doctor if she doesn't know being too strict is harmful to kids.

She IS a very good doctor. She's always been perfectly kind and supportive towards all her patients (she's pediatrician actually). She's still loved and respected by the whole district. Sometimes I wondered if bringing me up with iron fist wasn't her way to vent all her frustrations. It was only me :/ Fortunately it started to change when I reached my teenage years.
Nov 10, 2011 3:26 PM

Jan 2010
Yes, my father.
Nov 10, 2011 3:32 PM

Feb 2011
Carmine said:
MizuKagami413 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
MizuKagami413 said:

She IS a very good doctor. She's always been perfectly kind and supportive towards all her patients (she's pediatrician actually). She's still loved and respected by the whole district. Sometimes I wondered if bringing me up with iron fist wasn't her way to vent all her frustrations. It was only me :/ Fortunately it started to change when I reached my teenage years.

Sometimes, people do this because they treasure that one and want them to grow up to be a good person. Have you ever thought it about that way? She doesn't seem like a bad mom though.

I know that. It's not like I hate her. I actually have pretty good relations with her right now. But I don't think that this tiny bit of resentment in the back of my mind will ever go away. Resentment that she didn't want to see that I was a very sensitive kid and even a light punishment always had a large impact on me.
Nov 10, 2011 3:58 PM

Oct 2010
i only got spanked, and that was probably only 3 times and not since the age of 6-8 and to be honest my mum and dad were really against it.
Nov 10, 2011 5:18 PM

Jan 2011
Yes. It runs in the family.
Nov 11, 2011 12:07 AM

Jun 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Decee said:

I love how you think it was completely ok and think its your fault for getting beat.

IZUMI64 said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

DevilishTime said:

^what a spoiled brat. you still even don't know the difference between punished and abused.
Nov 11, 2011 1:07 AM

Dec 2009
Carmine said:
Sir_Lexa said:

Why would she randomly stop and then rush to buy you ice-cream?! I wonder what happened

I was maybe 5 years old at the time.
We were on the way to the store. I don't remember every small detail. But I was whining about something, then my mother told me to stop whining, I called her a "Fucking Bitch".
She said "WHAT?" and strangled me for 2 seconds maybe. She realized that what she was doing is wrong so she felt bad and bought me Ice Cream.
Nov 11, 2011 1:23 AM
Nov 2011
Sometimes when I do something wrong like.....nevermind. =3=;;)a
Nov 11, 2011 1:43 AM

Jun 2008
IZUMI64 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Decee said:

IZUMI64 said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

DevilishTime said:

^what a spoiled brat. you still even don't know the difference between punished and abused.

I love it, calling people spoiled brats to defend the stupid mentality that supports hitting people. You are pathetic.
It's appalling how many children grow-up by thinking it's alright to hit your kids because they got hit too. Copies of their damn parents unable to change their selfs into something better.
MonadNov 11, 2011 2:16 AM
Nov 11, 2011 2:05 AM

Sep 2010
When I was really young I remember my father hitting me... But not since then.
Nov 11, 2011 2:06 AM

Dec 2009
Monad said:
It's appalling how many children grown-up by thinking it's alright to hit your kids because they got hidden too. Copies of their damn parents unable to change their selfs into something better.

This. Kudos to you :)
Nov 11, 2011 4:08 AM
Sep 2011
This entire thread reminds me of a certain Ushiromiya Rosa.
Nov 11, 2011 4:14 AM

Dec 2010
Monad said:
I love it, calling people spoiled brats to defend the stupid mentality that supports hitting people. You are pathetic.

Irony sensors...tingling!
Nov 11, 2011 5:39 AM

Dec 2009
Shabaneu said:
This entire thread reminds me of a certain Ushiromiya Rosa.

Oh yes. The mother of the year candidate :)
Nov 11, 2011 7:46 AM

Jun 2011
No, never. There are other ways to make children bahave. Violence is never a solution and parents hitting their children aren't exactly a good role model either.
Nov 11, 2011 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
EvilInDisguise said:
No, never. There are other ways to make children bahave. Violence is never a solution and parents hitting their children aren't exactly a good role model either.
Just to play devils advocate, why not? History has repeatedly shown that violence is often the answer, ranging from civil disputes, to petty theft, to law enforcement, to full on wars. From a psychological standpoint, passive aggressive parenting techniques imbued by the average parent result in severe behavioural, dissociative, and discipline issues.
Nov 11, 2011 10:25 AM

Aug 2007
IZUMI64 said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
Decee said:

IZUMI64 said:
RenaPsychoKiller said:

DevilishTime said:

LMAO @ the spoiled brat comment. You're the one who doesn't know the difference.

Monad got this one perfectly.
Nov 11, 2011 12:21 PM

Jun 2008
Carmine said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
LMAO @ the spoiled brat comment. You're the one who doesn't know the difference.

Monad got this one perfectly.

It just depends on how you look at it, YOU may think it's abuse, but others are grateful to their parents of how they raised them. Can't do anything about it.

They are grateful because that's how they where taught and besides is uncomfortable to disapprove it since children have an inborn desire to love their parents not to mention they will have to admit that something was wrong in the way they were taught which will bring unpleasant feelings.
When i was small i refused to believe my father wasn't a good man even after ending into the hospital, i had to visit a few more times and start reading a few things to realize that the reality i was living wasn't how it should be. I guess if you never even needed to get close to the hospital it will be harder to disapprove it since it's easier to live with it and even accept it as something good instead of putting yourself in an uncomfortable position about your parents or feelings.
MonadNov 11, 2011 1:45 PM
Nov 11, 2011 12:39 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah my mother used to punch me and the sorts when I was younger.
Horrible experience, never going to let my children experience that.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 11, 2011 1:47 PM

May 2009
Woah, spanking is child abuse ? There's a huge difference between a spanking and a beating, one is controlled and meant to teach kids to behave, the other is meant to hurt, is usually uncontrolled and results in physical harm to the child.

I was spanked as a kid when I misbehaved and so were my brother and most of my friends, yet we all turned out to be relatively normal, balanced individuals and I don't know of anyone who suffered any long-term harm from getting spanked.
All the rambling about such parental discipline resulting in trauma and emotional damage is nonsense, specially when it comes from people who have never got spanked. I personally wouldn't spank my children, not that I think it would be wrong, but I have a personal preference for other methods. Now, if other parents want to spank their kids, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Also, calling people spoiled brats just because they've never been spanked is equally nonsensical.
Nov 11, 2011 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
Beating children is cruel and will not prevent bad behaviour.

Keeping them on a tether, on the other hand....
Nov 11, 2011 2:59 PM

Mar 2011
Yes, most of it has been just slapping and such but I've had a remote thrown at my head, been beaten with a stapler, beaten with shoe, beaten with a belt (that one left bruises DX) and kicked. Tch, my mother is a violent, temperamental (brute) woman. That's why, when I get older I'll strive not to be ANYTHING like her~
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.