Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 14, 2011 4:50 AM

Jan 2007
reaght said:
I think he's working quite closely with the anime guys. (making the story strong world for a 'filler' movie)

I've ran into some people who consider that movie to be true canon because of it. After all if Oda wrote it...

Edit: many scenes were taken from the manga, but I think most of them were already in the crews whereabout stories, and it didnt went to any depth. So its more a recap story;P except for the part where they find out, thats filler

I prefer to think that the only 'filler' episodes aren't so much what didn't happen in the manga, but that give little to no value to either plot or character. So to me, this wasn't a filler~ (~")~ life's better this way ^-^
Jul 14, 2011 6:10 AM
Jul 2010
Woop. I tried reading ahead in the manga last week.. This episode reminded me why I love the anime much more.

I literally got goosebumps.. Manga can't do that for me.
Jul 14, 2011 6:28 AM
Jun 2008
InoueOrihime said:
reaght said:
I think he's working quite closely with the anime guys. (making the story strong world for a 'filler' movie)

I've ran into some people who consider that movie to be true canon because of it. After all if Oda wrote it...

Edit: many scenes were taken from the manga, but I think most of them were already in the crews whereabout stories, and it didnt went to any depth. So its more a recap story;P except for the part where they find out, thats filler

I prefer to think that the only 'filler' episodes aren't so much what didn't happen in the manga, but that give little to no value to either plot or character. So to me, this wasn't a filler~ (~")~ life's better this way ^-^

Filler isnt a bad thing in One Piece. I've read the manga and sometimes i've thought it was too fast paced, specially with the crews story. So I think this filler makes the episode/chapter more complete.

nb. When i finished this ep I was SURE this was all manga material, so i guess thats the best possible filler.

Filler got a bad reputation mainly because of Naruto and to a somewhat lesser extent because of bleach (bleach fillers are pretty fun, but dont always make sense and are pretty predictable.)
Jul 14, 2011 12:40 PM

Jan 2007
I think one of the biggest issues with the Naruto fillers was that they went on for over a year, and had no point to them. I haven't bothered with the Bleach anime in a while, but the Bounto filler arc was - albeit not too well executed - good in concept. Naruto was so bad and detached that by the time they could go back to the true story, they had to start a new show called Shippuden to get over it xD
Jul 17, 2011 10:53 AM

May 2008
I love that Zoro always has a more significant role than the others~
Jul 17, 2011 3:32 PM

Dec 2010
Jawaese said:
Seeing the entire crew was great.

Zoro's segment was the best.

Chopper's segment reminded me of "How to Train Your Dragon."

Ace's death just hit me.. almost teared up when everyone was like "Oh no..." Lol.

This comment is win in so many ways. Lol I agree with all of them xD
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Aug 7, 2011 8:44 PM

Apr 2008
I hope Takeshi Aono gets heathy. I much preferred his voice as Mihawk. :(
Aug 16, 2011 2:19 PM

Jul 2010
Omg fan moment when I saw Mihawk! _O_

But omg what the hell is wrong with the char design when Nico Robin is shown? She's so ugly in that char design it hurt my eyes >.<

Lol at Brooks part ^^ "I lost my concentration"
Sep 1, 2011 3:58 AM
May 2009
Been a year and more since we saw them all in one episode, excluding the op.
Sep 15, 2011 1:37 PM

Jun 2009
Who the fuck cares about this being filler or not and besides if Oda really did skip over this stuff in manga then it's actually kind of an improvement what this episode did imo.

That said, this wasn't a particularly great episode aside from seeing the other characters again. I'm kind of miffed that Zoro got most of the screen time, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 21, 2011 8:35 AM

Oct 2011
Robin's chest for the win.

Luffy x Boa hancock 4 life
Dec 20, 2011 7:45 PM

Feb 2009
The bit with Zoro was fkcn amazing!
Jan 14, 2012 2:56 PM

Dec 2009
The Usopp'n part was hilarious xD

"ROASTED BIRD!!!"
Feb 6, 2012 12:46 PM

Jan 2012
yeah it's painfully obvious how differently robin's arc is drawn, but i don't think it looks hideous like some posters said. actually i think she looks really pretty - her eyes were whoa.
Aug 31, 2012 7:28 PM

Sep 2010
I never put it together, but it makes sense hawk eye is from a creepy castle like that. He is Dracule after all.
Dec 2, 2012 9:49 AM

Mar 2010
I suppose they would all find out eventually..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 31, 2013 2:15 AM

Jul 2013
Ahhhhh! Mihawk! And bout time the crew gets an update on the situation. I was looking forward to Franky's air time because I was expecting some excitement, I was a bit disappointed.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Feb 5, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2012
Loved it. I really like episodes of this kind. Loved Zoro's and Sanji's reactions the best. Well come to think about it those two are like his older brothers too :)
Mihawk's entrance was as he deserves it to be, awesome. But damn it, when he announced Ace's death it was so tragic, I cried again! (*I cry very easily, true story*)
p.s. Mihawk remembered Zoro very well in comparison with every "worm" ;)
edit: I am wondering about Mihawk...."used to be my house" is he dead or something??? I mean he is Dracule after all... I hope not... dead or alive he has beautiful eyes :P
marywhistleyFeb 5, 2014 6:24 PM
Oct 17, 2014 4:41 PM

Jan 2014
Bad news just like that. Bam!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 21, 2014 2:20 AM

Oct 2013
On to the next one.

Jun 22, 2015 3:21 AM

Jun 2015
things are getting interesting
Sep 3, 2015 11:17 AM

Mar 2015
I guess the animators tried to cover up how weird Robins face looks by showing all that cleavage
Jul 17, 2016 9:05 PM

May 2013
Now the crew knows their Captain needs them ;~;

It's nice to see their shocked and concerned reactions to the dark news though. Shows that they understand his pain and how severe of an impact it has on Luffy's psychological mindset rn so they're gonna want to hastily return to his side :(

Hopefully they each find a way to get stronger in whatever island they landed on and that Boa or Rayleigh (most likely the latter) shows Luffy how to master his haki
Jul 29, 2016 9:32 PM

Mar 2015
This was a necessary episode, great to see the rest of the crew more or less aware of what's been happening while they've been separated. Hopefully this makes them want to unite even faster
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 28, 2017 7:32 PM

May 2014
Surprised they showed all of the crew's reactions in just one episode- thought for sure they were gonna do the two members per episode thing again.

Glad that Zoro got a lot of screen time, and even met up with Mihawk for the first time since Baratie! A loooooong time ago!!

Loved Sanji's "return" to well....Sanji ^^"
I couldn't help but laugh with how he greeted that bird, and then the makeup dribbling off his face with the false eyelashes lmao XD

Looks like training starts next ep and Rayleigh returns to give Luffy a few words of wisdom as well??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2017 5:31 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Usopp omg why is he always so useless @_@

Oct 6, 2017 4:16 PM

Feb 2013
They all learned about what happened, really sad stuff.
Lol, Usopp and Sanji are really slacking off.
May 30, 2019 8:12 PM

Jun 2016
This was a wonderful episode to get us caught up with the crew and resolve their side stories. It's so good to see them again. I'll talk about it in three parts because that's how the episode was structured.

Firstly we had the amazing Zoro and Perona duo once more. I missed these two, their side story is one of the best. Zoro still, half dead from sustaining all of Luffy's damage, couldn't keep up with the baboons with human weaponry and Perona worried about him but ultimately did nothing. I was yelling at her to try using negative ghosts on the baboons, they are smart enough to use weapons so it may have worked, otherwise she could have used her exploding ghosts. It was also nice to see her kind side before she rationalized "why am I even worrying about you!?". And of course it ended with Mihawk showing up and telling Zoro about what happened to Luffy. This is suddenly making more sense, I was wondering if Mihawk knew Zoro was here, but for a man named Dracule, of course he lives in a scary mansion. Kuma sent Perona here because she asked, and he presumably sent Zoro here, maybe because he knew Perona could look after him, but primarily so he could meet Mihawk in another context! Maybe to learn something from Mihawk. I know the end goal is to beat him in combat but with Luffy befriending Jimbei and Hancock and working with Crocodile, to have Zoro make friends with Mihawk would be yet another good Warlord connection with the Straw hats! I actually knew this was going to happen but I didn't know the context, as I've seen plenty of fan art of all three of them at this location but with how close Mihawk and Perona are often drawn I thought he'd be a father figure to her or something, lol!

Next, we had that pretty great chopper sequence. As soon as it was shown that Chopper could befriend the cavemen it was clear this was going to be concluded with words! Chopper is so useful as he can communicate with both sides and his good deeds towards the birds and his self sacrifice to protect one was what did it! I love the momma bird who yelled at the others, the bird conversation where she scared them into agreeing with her was so cute and funny. Plus, this shows that Chopper had to resolve some serious conflict on his own but further shows that these cavemen people are good at medicine and maybe Chopper can learn a thing or two from them. Good deeds do pay off!

Then lastly we had everyone learning about how Luffy lost his brother. And unless the newspaper mentioned Luffy was there, only Zoro knows it was right before his eyes. They all know how hard that would be on Luffy and how hard he fights to stop that from happening and this is most definitely going to be the thing that makes all of them kick into gear so they can rush to his side. This also showed further editions to each side story, Nami is learning how to plant weather balls which she will probably do on the Sunny when she's back. Robin was invited and shown to have been famous within the revolutionaries. Usopp is being scolded by his bro for being too fat. Sanji got lost in the thrills of his inner women but upon seeing what happened to Luffy he got so heated his makeup melted off of his face and he turned into the Sanji we know and love! I was actually expecting Ivan to get back and explain what happened to Sanji rather than it being a newspaper. Franky is back to normal from Vegapunks cola fridge. And I don't really know what Brook is doing.

I know this is a weird time to fit this in but I read a theory that Kuma and Vegapunk are secretly revolutionaries and Pacifista's are a trojan horse of sorts, as in they will make all of the Pacifista's based off of Kuma and then they will use them against the world government when the time's right. I had thought about this for awhile, Kuma sent Franky to become mega upgraded by Vegapunk 100% and he's totally mysterious and a past revolutionary and comrade of Ivan so I think that's the best theory right now!

Edit: I TOTALLY FORGOT TO MENTION BUT WE SHOULD REMEMBER THE EYE MARKINGS ON ALL OF THE CAVEMEN'S SHOULDERS!! They are notable enough that it may pull an Arlong later and come back!
gfsdfgsdgsdfgsMay 30, 2019 8:23 PM
Jun 19, 2020 2:22 PM

Aug 2019
Chopper did a great job and he reminds me of Meowth, Meowth can speak with other Pokemon and can speak with humans it’s the same for Chopper but the difference is he can speak with animals. Robin looked so different in this episode. It’s amazing how Sanji makeup melted just from reading the news and I noticed that news coo who gave Sanji the newspaper wore makeup too that makes it more funny XD
Aug 11, 2020 10:52 AM

Mar 2020
Finally, a Zoro and Mihawk reunion, even though it didn't result in a fight.

All the Straw Hat pirates seem to be devastated thinking about what Luffy must be going through, goes to show how much they really cared about each other!
Aug 11, 2020 10:56 AM

Jun 2020
CooLDuDe_103 said:

All the Straw Hat pirates seem to be devastated thinking about what Luffy must be going through, goes to show how much they really cared about each other!

Damn bro nice to see you steamrolling through the series lmfao it's worth it though :P
This anime shit is addictive
Aug 11, 2020 6:19 PM

Mar 2020
spectrojan said:
CooLDuDe_103 said:

Damn bro nice to see you steamrolling through the series lmfao it's worth it though :P

Heh, I know right, took me like 2-3 weeks to jump from 170 to 500, watching an average of 15-20 episodes everyday :P
Nov 29, 2020 9:26 PM

May 2016
Despite seeing them all the time in the openings and after watching roughly half the One Piece movies that are out, it was great to see the Straw Hat Crew again and I missed them a lot. It's rather sad that they had to find out the news of their captain's loss only after all is said and done, though...

Nov 30, 2020 7:57 PM
Nov 2019
It's great to catch up with the crew! Zoro fighting the baboons was pretty dope, and more Mihawk is always great!
Mar 4, 2021 5:55 PM
May 2016
Is it just me or are Robin's parts always drawn the worst
Jun 1, 2021 4:02 AM

Jun 2019
The news has reached the crew. The reactions were as expected.
Aug 15, 2021 1:16 AM

Aug 2021
Great to see the whole crew in the episode again
Would love to see their reunion as well
Apr 30, 2022 11:21 AM

Nov 2017
I was gettin' pretty annoyed not seeing the crew anymore. 100 eps! Phew!

I get Impel Down and Marineford, and Sabaody was amazing. But that little kid arc was tough to take. It always is for me. I love ya', shounen, but for f's sake.

Still, even though that little kid arc only lasted like ten eps and felt like it went on for 50, it was necessary backstory for Luffy and a true origin story which the story needed for its main character and after the FFAce arc.

Oda-sensei sure knows how to hold back that nut for the biggest payoff.

In any other story FFAce would be just a guy who serves the story. Instead the story literally changed tracks and headed into FFAce junction for like a hundred+ eps. That's really something else. Only One Piece. It changed its trajectory to take care of an important side character.

But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rushing through these eps to see the crew again. I get it, Impel Down was incredible, Marineford was epic. But true to Oda's nature, he held us back just that extra 10 eps to give us Sabo--amazing fucking character--and then once that was truly over, and Dadan had had a chance to punch out Garp, finally we see the crew again and get back to their story.

It's so interesting that they side-stalled the main story to build Luffy up, that's something else. Maybe the concern was that he was being overshadowed a bit and this is a Luffy story at heart.

I'm like WAY more interested in Luffy now. Seeing the lengths he went to out on his own is crazy, from the Amazon kingdom (all packages are Prime) to the unbelievable Impel Down, to the war of the best...and Oda truly blew his load on all the characters he was saving. We got the Navy Admirals, Garp...but seeing Aokiji, Akainu and Kizaru in action was awesome.

And we finally met White Beard. And Teach showed up for his final plan. The story truly moves forward from here.

I'm just really glad we get to see the crew again. It was all great, all worth it, but I feel like I fought through those 100 eps with Luffy to meet the crew again. Oda made us feel like the main character, lost in the wildness hoping to meet up with the crew again. Finally we're here.

These next eps before the timeskip are going to be awesome.
Aug 14, 2022 5:52 AM

Dec 2018
now this was a good episode. all of the crew found out and you can really feel how much they care.
Aug 28, 2022 5:59 AM
May 2022
Great episode, especially since we got to see everyone again!
Aug 29, 2022 12:28 PM

Apr 2018
Finally, we get to see the crew knowing what has happened to Ace.
I lowkey would've felt way sadder knowing about Ace and Luffy's past if they aired it before his death tbh. Regardless, it was still sad.
Sep 4, 2022 4:42 AM

Feb 2015
StateofOhayo said:
now this was a good episode. all of the crew found out and you can really feel how much they care.

It is both odd and funny to see your sentiments concerning the series so fluctuating on an episode-to-episode base, lol.
Sep 4, 2022 5:36 AM

Dec 2018
Warghost said:
StateofOhayo said:

It is both odd and funny to see your sentiments concerning the series so fluctuating on an episode-to-episode base, lol.

it's because the series has serious highs and lows. much of it is a waste of time but when it's actually good i'm really impressed.
Sep 20, 2022 7:26 PM
May 2021
lots of things happened

Especially many things happened in a short while

I'm happy they finally showed my man Zoro
Jun 22, 2023 11:46 PM
Oct 2019
Everyone learned about the Bad News!! šŸ˜­
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 357 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

45 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 356 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Pokedude97 - Jun 4, 2008

56 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 353 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Netforce - May 12, 2008

75 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 982 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 10, 2021

147 by Byakuya692 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 969 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Usopp8000 - Apr 10, 2021

73 by Yubisoft »»
8 hours ago
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.