Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2011 9:06 PM

May 2011
I must admit they did a pretty good job there with the ending..
lots of blood and no unnecessary mosaics/darkness blocking body holes
I can def see a second season coming.. the woodpecker song is pretty catchy
Jul 2, 2011 9:59 PM

Jul 2008
7/10. The plot moved so fast and yet so many things are unanswered.
Jul 2, 2011 10:36 PM

Apr 2011
I thought this ending could have been a disaster, I am glad that I was wrong. I thought they ended it quite well, leaving it open for the second season.

Also Nagi just would not die! When I thought he was gonna die, he would start talking some more lol.

I am guessing the Red Man (Shiro) and Ganta are linked in some way with that thing in Ganta's chest.

All in all, was a good watch, 8/10.
Jul 2, 2011 11:24 PM

Sep 2009
With the way they ended it, they have to have a second season. If they don't, it would be a huge disappointment.
Jul 2, 2011 11:33 PM

Feb 2010
I don't know why I enjoyed this so much, but I fucking did.

It worked. The whole thing. The abrupt ending and some choppy story sequences made me mad... but overall a damn good experience. BUT I wish they woulda waited to tell me who the f'in red-man was until the end.

One of the better shows this season imo.

7/10
Jul 2, 2011 11:36 PM
Jun 2008
good bloody action,smooth action that doesn't make me felt it is lame and boring.
The only drawback are those lousy cheesy drama .

I am DAMN sad that Senji is not here in this episode ,He should be the main character >_<"
Jul 3, 2011 12:01 AM

Jun 2007
Blind_Guardian said:
This seems a really polarizing show ... either you can only see the glaring plot holes and unexplained mysteries (how the Deadmen got their collars off after they escaped, what the hell's up with the dead director, etc), or you could only see how awesome this show is with its rocking BGM, shocking violence (even with a lot of it blurred out) and psychotic characters. Crow was my favorite of the bunch but needed WAY more screentime, with Shiro/Red Man as a close second fave and Genkaku an even closer third. I loved his occasional usage of the English f-bomb. Fucking guys! ;)

Ganta, sadly, didn't even make the top 5. Too much Shinji and not enough badass. Nice Super Saiyan powerup at the end tho. :D

Speaking of our 'ultra priest', he made a good end boss IMO, tho Red Man Shiro, the promoter or Mockingbird would've been a better one. It seems like they stuck pretty close to the manga tho, and they'd have had to come up with an anime-original ending to resolve anything that way.

The pace was fast and didn't slow the whole way through, and the ending was satisfying while leaving things way open for Season 2. I hope they at least make a movie or something if there's not a second season, simply because so much is unresolved. When will Ganta find out who Shiro really is? And will he try to 'save' her when he finds out or will he finally snap and try to kill her? And who gets to sssllice that evil promoter to pieces?

BTW, maybe someone can answer this for me; were the Undertakers also supposed to have Branches of Sin? I seem to recall them all being former Deadmen but none of them demonstrated any abilities, only high-tech weaponry (Genkaku's guitar-guns, Daida's huge fuck-off Ivy sword). Unless you could Genkaku blocking a supersonic Ganta Gun bare-handed, which could've been him injecting himself with steroids, adrenaline or the Branch inhibitors ... if not all three.

5/5 for an awesome final episode, 9/10 for the series

Most of all those questions get answered later on. The series also left out small details which I'm guessing they plan to bundle in with future episodes to make them flow better. Never the less if I was new to the show I'd be a little pissed about all the open endings too. Sorry to burst your bubble but Ganta

No, the undertakes do not have branch of sin. Didn't in the manga and didn't in the show. If they did it would have been neutralized by their anti-sin stuff anyway. They where just fucked up prisoners that failed that managed to survive the promoter's fucked up rehabilitation program.
Jul 3, 2011 12:35 AM

Aug 2010
It really needs a season 2 because that didn't feel like and ending at all!! (unless its like that in the manga but i wouldn't really know..)

7/10 for me it seems like the really interesting/awesome plot is waiting in season 2 but this didn't feel that special at all, nonetheless it was good enough.

Btw sick OP :)
Jul 3, 2011 12:47 AM

Aug 2007
7/10 for me.

I've been reading the manga for a while now and was really looking forward to the anime, but I found it a bit dissapointing. The whole show felt a bit rushed. They cut out a large portion of character development which made the characters feel just like empty shells. It probably would've been better if they made the show 24 eps instead of 12.

And what's up with the censoring? You clearly see the hole in Nagi's body when he's shot... but it's suddenly censored when he falls down. It's just weird XD

The ending felt a bit empty as well. There are still so many questions to anwer...
Jul 3, 2011 12:53 AM

Feb 2010
solid show some plot parts were unfortely rushed 7/10.
Jul 3, 2011 1:45 AM
Sep 2009
I guess it was OK anime, but Ganta is too much naruto-like for my taste.
6.5/10, lets round it up to 7.
Jul 3, 2011 1:46 AM

Jun 2010
Shiro service was pleasant. More censorship, not so much.
Time to chant: "SEA-SON, 2! SEA-SON, 2!"
Jul 3, 2011 1:48 AM

Oct 2010
should i consider it an open end ? or a lead to a new season ? anyway i like that anime :)
Jul 3, 2011 1:52 AM

Sep 2010
A second season would be nice.
Jul 3, 2011 2:36 AM

Mar 2010
Definitely needs a second season..Awesome show!
Jul 3, 2011 3:14 AM

Mar 2009
Glad I finished it.
Jul 3, 2011 3:33 AM
Mar 2010
Nice, intriguing ending. The last two episodes really were something (and it actually followed the manga really well - not that I care too much though).

A second season is blatantly obvious. Remember when Makina said that it's time to set up the trap? Surely you don't end an anime with a cliffhanger like that. I'm interested in seeing how they'll do the second season. We've still got the forgeries arc, the missing deadmen that should have been introduced earlier and the ending.

We'll see what happens. :3

In any case, the show gets a solid 8/10 from me. Can't wait for the uncut Blu-Ray rips.
Jul 3, 2011 4:07 AM
May 2011
Only 12 eps = fail.
Was hoping for a little romance moment maybe a kiss or something idk. would add to the drama of her being the red man but hey w/e.
All in all was awesome
Jul 3, 2011 4:18 AM

Jan 2009
That "I swear to god this show will end without Ganta finding out" thought I had, became true after all.
Pfft...
I think the producer/scenarist/director/whoeverisresponsible is retarded or something.
This series went down to "just your everyday watch; nothing special" in my book.
The lowly maggot under the trash.
Jul 3, 2011 5:10 AM

Nov 2010
wish for season 2
Jul 3, 2011 5:16 AM

Feb 2009
Reversify said:

[2]
Only 12 eps for this show is a big Fail.
Jul 3, 2011 6:18 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, 12 eps is total shit, But Its almost certain that there will be a second season (unless they don't have enough funding for it) so i'm not worried at all and it doesn't change my score for the show, 9/10 .
Jul 3, 2011 6:22 AM

Apr 2011
Leonh said:
Reversify said:

[2]
Only 12 eps for this show is a big Fail.

Well most likely they have a second season planned, so it makes sense and its not like its the first anime to have 12 episodes one season and 12 the next.

But IMO I think it was a great 1st season 10 out of 10. Though I did hate the censoring, but the DVD version should show everything.
Jul 3, 2011 6:35 AM
May 2010
I like this anime, I hope there'll be a second season :3
Jul 3, 2011 6:47 AM

May 2010
I guess that is the proper way to end it but I felt like it happened too fast and because of that I felt it was weird.

I mean the fight with Genkaku is strange, Shiro just turn into the "red man" personality without an explanation even though I know its attempt to increase Ganta's power but I still think is strange way to end a battle !! -__-

But overall is okay(since I love how OWL massacre the undertaker) maybe I'll give it 7.5 out 10
Jul 3, 2011 7:01 AM

Aug 2008
Well, it was fine. Although a second season is obviously needed.

I enjoyed watching it but it kinda annoys me how nothing is solved and things are always back to square one.
So at the end the guys who survived managed to escape while Ganta couldn't, this is ridiculous T____T
Jul 3, 2011 7:33 AM

Apr 2011
Woah...the ending was better than I thought. Hoping for a 2nd season.
~Miss_Jazzalyn~
Jul 3, 2011 9:32 AM

May 2010
Liked the psycho-ultra priest here. :D

Overall, a good watch but nothing special. I guess with some things unanswered, I'll give this a 7.
Jul 3, 2011 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Oh yeah, dat katana. Not that I'm complaining, but that very scene was infinitely better in the manga. Just sayin'.
Oh Genkaku, you so crazy.

And something I kind of find funny... Never thought about it in the manga.
The first (and only?) person we get to see die by the poison collars in the first few episodes died almost instantly. And yet Ganta's struggling against the poison for I don't know how long.

Tl;dr Ganta was an idiot all the way. Hurray.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 3, 2011 11:06 AM

Jul 2010
Last ep was better than I expected. Though to be fair, I was expecting something horrible.
Jul 3, 2011 11:13 AM

Jul 2009
If Ganta is really as weak as the story wants us to belive, that would mean that Senji losing to him was merly a plot ploy as a means of showing Ganta (and the audience) a second hand account of how bad this place actually was?
Since then, he's talked, evaded and taken non-life threatening hits off people who aren't serious; the boy is lucky.

I'm willing to bet that the crazy little girl is owls daughter; it's all too convenient.

Karako's booby stab was horrid; I don't know what's worst, the bust or ribs?
Yet they did all seem to forget the 'preist' was in the room...
Whilst on the subject of him - did we really need to see his feudian excuse? Why can't villians be villians?

This series didn't cover enough ground, though anime is often a tease - I'll hope for a season 2 and maybe, get into the manga.

Jul 3, 2011 11:24 AM

Jan 2010
Did the priest get raped? :/ I like how you can't really hate anyone because everyone has an interesting backstory that more or less explains why they're the way they are.

Pretty good ending, but a second season is needed. I'll have to jump back into the manga in the meanwhile..
Jul 3, 2011 12:02 PM

Jun 2008
Maybe is because i expected more, i don't know but am kind of disappointed about this show.
The whole premise could have been a lot more exciting but the whole anime seems badly directed. The change from one scene to the other, the build-up to every scene, the pace of the events, everything seemed to be a little off. It's the kind of situation where i feel i could take the same exact show with the same exact plot and events and yet make it look a lot better without really changing something but the way it is presented.
Maybe the director felt pressed to reach a certain point in 12 episodes got confused and just threw things in there. I don't know.But as it was presented i can only give it a 6 tops.
Jul 3, 2011 12:22 PM

Apr 2009
mystik said:

pretty good adaptation so far 7/8 out of 10? the OP was pretty awesome.

Pretty good adaption? Are you joking?
They changed a lot of the source material, left certain characters out, ended the anime in an acceptable, but totally unsatisfying way and had a lot of bad animation in it.

The only god thing was the OP, really.

This show gets a 5/10, and that only because I really like the manga and am ok with the OP and some of the voices.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 3, 2011 1:58 PM

Oct 2010
Hope there is a Season 2 soon :) but it will probably take around 5-6months :(
Jul 3, 2011 2:00 PM
Jan 2011
Baka Ganta he still doesn't get it, Shrio is the one who brought him his misery, a 2nd season..........maybe, since the ending didn't seem to add up at all.
Jul 3, 2011 2:02 PM

Jun 2010
8/10 sort of a letdown that ending but still, i want to see season two
Jul 3, 2011 2:13 PM

Jan 2009
Monad said:
Maybe is because i expected more, i don't know but am kind of disappointed about this show.
The whole premise could have been a lot more exciting but the whole anime seems badly directed. The change from one scene to the other, the build-up to every scene, the pace of the events, everything seemed to be a little off. It's the kind of situation where i feel i could take the same exact show with the same exact plot and events and yet make it look a lot better without really changing something but the way it is presented.
Maybe the director felt pressed to reach a certain point in 12 episodes got confused and just threw things in there. I don't know.But as it was presented i can only give it a 6 tops.

I won't go into such a deep analysis, but I agree with your general thoughts - that it didn't meet the expectations set by the premise. I was intending to go for a 6 or 7 until the last episode, but after that mess of a finale I'm dropping it to 5.
Jul 3, 2011 2:46 PM

Jan 2011
It was good to be honest, lots of gore, felt bad for the little girl at the end, she died... xD;;
oh well..

hoping for a second season, they left many things untold :/ ..
if not I shall have to read the manga LOL
Jul 3, 2011 3:30 PM

Feb 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
mystik said:

pretty good adaptation so far 7/8 out of 10? the OP was pretty awesome.

Pretty good adaption? Are you joking?
They changed a lot of the source material, left certain characters out, ended the anime in an acceptable, but totally unsatisfying way and had a lot of bad animation in it.

so you wanted them to introduce some useless characters and lost time in that so we can have everything more rushed?

if i were in charge of this anime and i cant have more than 12 ep , i would also cut those character , not saying that the adaptation was perfect , but complaning about those character is stupid.
Jul 3, 2011 3:43 PM
Oct 2009
BTW anyone has a song that Shiro sings ? i like it so much ...
Jul 3, 2011 5:19 PM

Jul 2008
Lol @ people saying they did adapted the manga correctly.
They didn't.

3 characters are missing including one that will be very important in the next part of the anime, if there is one that is.
Sure they could met in s2 but it'll lose a lot of credibility

They had no reason to not follow the manga properly, I don't mind original ending but when they just mess up the order of event and still stick to the manga it annoy me.
Stick with it or don't stick with it but don't just fucking use whatever you want when it's convenient it feel retarded this way.
Jul 3, 2011 5:39 PM

Feb 2010
Hypno-girl said:
They didn't.

3 characters are missing including one that will be very important in the next part of the anime, if there is one that is.

They had no reason to not follow the manga properly, I don't mind original ending but when they just mess up the order of event and still stick to the manga it annoy me.
Stick with it or don't stick with it but don't just fucking use whatever you want when it's convenient it feel retarded this way.

azami and ganta didnt even met again after that , they even introduce themselves again.

the anime would be even more rushed if they wanted to introduce those character.

and come on , the crossdresser and the old wan were pure joke until certain point , they were just comic characters , the anime had to cut the comic parts if u noticed , like minatsuki and crow at ganta's training.
Jul 3, 2011 6:01 PM

Sep 2007
Yep, yep, I obviously expect a second season in October >.<

Jul 3, 2011 6:06 PM

Jul 2008
Vanisher said:
Hypno-girl said:
They didn't.

azami and ganta didnt even met again after that , they even introduce themselves again.

the anime would be even more rushed if they wanted to introduce those character.

and come on , the crossdresser and the old wan were pure joke until certain point , they were just comic characters , the anime had to cut the comic parts if u noticed , like minatsuki and crow at ganta's training.

If they were planning to end the anime with this arc then it would have been fine to not introduce Azami, the crossdresser and the old man. Yet this is not what they make it look like.
If they were planning to make a second season then they should have sticked with the manga and introduced them when they were supposed to be introduced since they will have to be introduced anyway.

I would have highly prefered that there wasn't this last part at the end (everything showed post undertaker arc).
Jul 3, 2011 6:13 PM

Feb 2009
Can someone who is reading the manga answer me something?

Karako has escaped, so it means she won't appear anymore or won't have more participation in the story? I liked her very much and I think it's kinda strange this story's habit of disappering with a character a little after he/she is introduced. I mean, the little sadistic girl for exemple, she barely dis sometihng of importante in the story and she is already dead. Nagi and Genkaku are in this group as well but at least the had some development.

Well, overall, it was a enjoyable anime. I don't like too much gore but I think it was inevitable. The concept and characters are very good as well. I expecting to see more from Takami, Makina and maybe Karako...

9/10
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Jul 3, 2011 6:26 PM
Jun 2011
Seems like those of us who haven't read the manga rank this kind of high and those who have rank it as a low adaption. That's typically how it goes with any series though.

I personally have not read the manga and gave this series a 9/10. It did feel a bit rushed and things were left open ended, but I am expecting that was done to allow for a second season. I'm guessing Genkaku was raped? I wouldnt put it past this series to have him being raped repeatedly by those men which certainly softens him as a character for me...because I really hated him lol. He was the perfect "end boss" for this point of the series.

Certainly feels unfinished. Rushed. Again, probably because there is potential for a second season.

I do want to read the manga now :) I just don't know where, but I cant just *not* read the manga when the anime ended like that. Excellent series.
Jul 3, 2011 6:32 PM

Dec 2009
2/10

Helped me reach my quota of shit anime this season.
Your favorite anime is shit.
Jul 3, 2011 7:53 PM

Apr 2009
It was a pretty decent anime(8/10) tho it left things in the air which is expected from a 12 episode anime. Things got a lot less censored the last half of the season for this anime. Season 2 possibility? I hope but in the mean time, i will probably start reading the manga at some point down the line.
Jul 3, 2011 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
That's probably a bad, if not the worst, way of making you anticipate a second season.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viral_hun - May 21, 2011

234 by Kayarbee70 »»
Apr 14, 10:40 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

13man18 - Jun 25, 2011

161 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

banisherx - Jun 18, 2011

190 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mystik - Jun 11, 2011

140 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Deadman Wonderland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lightyear8684 - Jun 4, 2011

130 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Oct 11, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.