Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jun 11, 2010 8:20 PM

Apr 2008
No one can fool Yurippe xD
So is guild the culprit ?

Jun 11, 2010 8:33 PM

May 2009
Haha, Yuri knew all along! Too bad she puts so much of the burden on herself.

Naoi was great. Please flash the thumbs up one more time.

Yes, the wings, the wings. Soooo pretty...
Jun 11, 2010 8:43 PM

Sep 2009
I wonder if the culprit is someone they already know.
Jun 11, 2010 8:45 PM

Jul 2009
Detective said:
After reading the comments from page one I can now safely say that fans of Angel Beats! are also fans of Degrassi and The Sims. /facepalm

After reading this comment I can now safely say Angel Beats! haters love wasting their time watching things they don't enjoy just to spite fans.
Jun 11, 2010 8:51 PM
Apr 2010
Wings... WINGS!!!!!

<3<3<3<3
Jun 11, 2010 8:55 PM

Jun 2010
Back to Guild once again haha XD. But on a serious note, something tells me the culprit behind the shadows is one of the SSS....but who? The old looking guy in Guild perhaps?

Did anyone notice that Matsushita wasn't in this episode?
Jun 11, 2010 8:58 PM

Jul 2008
I want to know who is behind everything. I really like that Yuri is smarter than people give her credit for. A subordinate can't do something without her knowing about it. I really wish she wouldn't try to do everything alone though.

Is there really only two more episodes? :[
Jun 11, 2010 8:59 PM

Jul 2009
Riga92 said:
Did anyone notice that Matsushita wasn't in this episode?

Yep. About halfway through :D

I lol'd hard when Yuri said "Guild AGAIN?"

Kanade's wings were <3

Need a GIF of "I kiss you."
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jun 11, 2010 8:59 PM

Nov 2008
helur said:

As for the ending this is KEY by the way. There is no way there will be a happily ever after without a catch.

Perhaps but whos to say how this will end , The more it continues the less I think 'everyones dead' and more the opposite - And yes I would suspect and SSS member at this point as it seems the most logical explanation.

Though I wish to see the context of Yuri's words and their meaning in the next episode.

Back to GUILD llol
Jun 11, 2010 9:17 PM

Apr 2009
garfield15 said:
DANCING IN THE SHADOW!

~Loved TK in this episode and Naoi's "I am God."
And this probably the longest I've ever seen Ooyama in the whole series ;___;

and Kanade's wings ... are huge. They look really nice but her wing-span is just....wow.
Can't wait ti see the culprit... :)
Jun 11, 2010 9:39 PM

Feb 2009
Personally, I really enjoyed the episode.

Kanade with wings was <3 So pretty~~~

That shadow thing is pretty intense. I wonder what the guild has to do with it? I was wondering if it's all the "Call me Christ!" guy...

Looks like Yui got out of there just before it really turned nasty. Really hope a lot of characters managed to escape NPCness (Otanashi, Yuri, Kanade, Hinata, TK, that guy with the big weapon all the time).
Jun 11, 2010 9:41 PM

Sep 2007
Man the plot has some pretty severe inconsistencies. How the hell did Naoi find out about Otonashi's motives? They just randomly stuck a whole bunch of shit together. I feel like I missed a few episodes. They probably would've been better off making this a 24 episode series instead of 13.
Jun 11, 2010 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
really should've been 24... wonder why Key WOULDN'T give something like this that many...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.
Jun 11, 2010 9:54 PM

Dec 2009
Wow, only 2 episodes left to figure out who the final boss is ...and make friends with him (naturally)
...unless it's someone they already know.
Jun 11, 2010 9:57 PM

Apr 2008
I feel the same as most people here. It's not that it was a bad episode. It's not even that I didn't like the episode. I did, honestly. There just isn't enough time! There was a strong feeling that there wouldn't be enough episodes to do it well when it was just Otonashi and Angel need to make everyone disappear. Even before we spent a whole episode on just rescuing Yui.

And now we have a brand new plot out of nowhere? It's not quite as disjoint as I originally feared, using some sort of variation on Angel Player and serving as strong motivation for people to accept Otonashi's way but still. This is ridiculous. Unless something truly amazing happens this is going to go the same way as Shadowstar Narutaru. A series I really enjoyed while it was happening but with a dozen unanswered plotlines and an ending that just resolves an arc introduced in the last few episodes.

More on the individual episode, I liked it overall, but I do have a couple nitpicks. Specifically, the lack of mourning for a soul consumed comrade and the way we got all those introspective character shots in the outro right after announcing they've got to stick together for safety.
Jun 11, 2010 10:02 PM

Feb 2009
Christ got pissed for not being called Christ, so he programmed the Shadows.
You heard it here first.
Jun 11, 2010 10:06 PM

Jun 2008
Good god (no pun intended), ANOTHER freakin' curveball? This series has been chucking curveballs at me for the last few episodes! Y'know, not that I'm complaining or anything, I love the show!

AND DID YOU SEE THOSE SWEET DANCE MOVES?! Seriously, can TK get any more cool in these remaining episodes??
Jun 11, 2010 10:07 PM
Feb 2009
w0w this show definitely one of the best this year :)
Jun 11, 2010 10:09 PM

May 2010
Takeyama's still on the Christ nickname, lol.

Jun 11, 2010 10:13 PM

Aug 2009
Look guys, I know how badly we all want it to be more than 13 episodes. Even Maeda wanted it to be more than 13 episodes but they just didn't let him. We've gotta live with what we've got.
Jun 11, 2010 10:20 PM
Mar 2010
I wonder who the final boss is!!! A guild member? or someone totally new?
Jun 11, 2010 10:29 PM

Nov 2009
Guess the production team only wants to focus on the main part of the story rather than the side characters' stories. Anyway, any continuation of the story after the 13 episodes should be found in other medias, such as manga, novels or even visual novels, so do not fret about untied endings. (Too bad to those who only watch anime)

Overall, talking about impressions, I have been entertained by the past 11 episodes. The world of angel beats still leaves one to think and wonder about, but they subtlety explained it over the course of several episodes. Plots twists are occasional, and it destroys our assumptions, like for example, the battle of "Tenshi" vs "SSS" in the first few episodes.

Glad that there are no more shallow minded people who associate and dismiss Yuri as a "Haruhi", by the flawed merits of the similarity of their hairstyle (or facial features if we want to get less technical). Quite surprised that those people do not label "Yuri" as a lesbian because of her name, or even a psychic minded conquer (A reference to Red Alert 2). Even before the series start, it leaves a bad impression of them and it shows that they do not have any critical thinking.

So this series have grown to last a very good impression on watchers such as us. Even without the "Key" hype, it will still be seen as an original and superb piece of art.

Question is: Will many people remember this anime 10 years from now? If yes, then this animation will be in the ranks of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Will be reading from the rest of the medias for the sake of completion.
I hate myself. That is my philosophy.
Jun 11, 2010 10:30 PM

May 2010
They must make it more than 13 episodes. We will die~!
I really didn't get it with what's with Guild. They could be possibly doing those shadows?

This episode is funny, though.

Jun 11, 2010 10:36 PM
Jun 2007
I kiss you.
Jun 11, 2010 10:46 PM

Jul 2009
Drengot said:
I kiss you.

for some reason, it matches your avatar. and turns me on.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
you are not alone.
Jun 11, 2010 10:56 PM

May 2008
God damn, 13 episodes really isn't enough to show everything to its full content. Everything just happens way too fast.
(~-.-)~
Jun 11, 2010 11:09 PM
Jun 2010
well guys if u think about it, guild does sorta make sense behind the whole shadow thing, i mean yurippe cant keep an eye on them 24/7 and who knows what things they got hiding from yurippe
Jun 11, 2010 11:10 PM

Aug 2008
I was actually a little surprised that Otonashi hadn't figured out that Tenshii wasn't an actual angel... Anyways, winged Kanade was very captivating.

Also I think that Maeda pretty much marathoned the whole Matrix trilogy just around the time he was coming up with the concept for a certain new anime not too long ago...
Jun 11, 2010 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
NEEDS MORE LOAF.
Jun 11, 2010 11:42 PM

Sep 2008
Lame. and the pace is nonsense.
wateva, I don't want to watch anything recently made by "that writter" again after this.
you suck dude
Jun 11, 2010 11:58 PM

Jan 2009
this is better than Durarara at the moment go go go I Kiss You!!! XD
Jun 12, 2010 12:03 AM

Feb 2009
First of all, I really agree now with noteDhero's rating of this show a 3/5. No escaping the fact that this show really pushes yaoi pairings.

TK's fight and Kanade's wings. The two are the real highlights of the episode and the whole show.

So much for helping everyone disappear. How did Yuri or even Naoi find out? Does not compute.

And now we have some hacker that makes shadows? This show is really getting messed up. What this show excels in animation, art and music, it lacks in pace and storytelling. There's only 2 episode left now so let's just get this over with.

Lol at this show's ranking in MAL. *sighs*
Jun 12, 2010 12:07 AM

Jul 2007
Poor Takamatsu... I would definitely rather disappear than be stuck in high school for all eternity... and a japanese high school at that, yikes!
Jun 12, 2010 12:32 AM

Sep 2009
wow now i noticed how angel was down in guild without anyone knowing any info about guild i always thought it was stranger like someone tipped angel off about it haha now it seems guild has been manipulating the entire world
Jun 12, 2010 12:51 AM

Apr 2009
OMG. Kanade's wings, awesome. <3
And TK "I kiss you" pew pew pew~

And LOL GUILD AGAIN!?!?!
Jun 12, 2010 12:58 AM

Mar 2008
This world is The Matrix. Very much confirmed. Oh and The Matrix meets Persona. Instead of bringing an anime from a game, Maeda made an anime about a game. I have a feeling that with very low trend for newer animes, Key is being cautious by making this a 13 ep anime. And then they insured it by taking the .hack//MERCHANDISE route.

Kinda saw it coming that it might be connected to Guild. Now it's a whodunit arc. Fight scene was awesome, was hoping TK would contirbute SOME backstory. So this episode is like those war animes/movies of

"TONIGHT, WE DINE, IN THE GUILD!"

There, I said it.
Jun 12, 2010 12:58 AM
Jun 2009
This looks familiar....

Found it:

TrisectionJun 12, 2010 1:04 AM
Jun 12, 2010 12:59 AM
May 2010
Guild cover story their an armory truth? they've actually been pulling the strings this whole time and are planning world after life domination lol
but seriously interesting how they worked out the time factor for yuzuru
Yuri nonchalantly saying she knew this whole time lol
Noo!~~~ Yuri dont go alone thats just screams bad!

AGHH!@

Wellz cant wait til the next ep!~~~~~~~~~
Jun 12, 2010 1:02 AM
Mar 2008
The ending made me lol.

Where did I already see this?

Oh, right

Terrible episode btw. Too much fast paced, they're jumping from one idea to another in each episode. The 13 episodes' lenght is really killing this show.
And I seriously hope someone makes TK disappear, he's so fucking annoying.
And wtf at Otonashi: he didn't know Kanade wasn't an angel?! Where did that come from? It was so lame.
Bumped down to 7.
another_anonJun 12, 2010 1:10 AM
Jun 12, 2010 1:09 AM

Oct 2009
I...

Kanade w/ wings just made my life complete.

And:

Yurippe was is awesome.

I...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2010 1:19 AM
Jun 2010
umm im still curious about how they are somewhere where there are "NPC"s and that they can be "hacked" and transformed into shadows... for some reason im thinking that all those guys THINK they died but their actually in like some virtual pod to keep their brain alive by stimulating them in what they see now... and when they "rest in peace" they just wake up from the pod
Jun 12, 2010 1:39 AM

Apr 2010
belatkuro said:
So much for helping everyone disappear. How did Yuri or even Naoi find out? Does not compute.

Eh, it does not compute if you treat either as idiots.
Episode 9, ending look at Yuri's face.

Yuri's Thought Process
Event
They were all caught without exception as Hinata mentioned. Teachers had sufficient evidence to punish all of them. Who outed?

Suspects
Hinata? Unlikely. No motive + known for long time.
Takamatsu? Uniikely, not very bright and no links with angel
Ooyama? Unlikely, passive character, no motive
Myself? I got hit with some new Angel technique? Unlikely, no lost time
Otonashi? Probable. Angel's friend who roped her in = link. Brain capability = possible. Why...? Continue observation
Jun 12, 2010 1:41 AM

Jun 2009
Hinata♥Yui
Noda♥Yurippe
~This show is just getting awesome and I don't want it to end TT______TT
I hope there will be a new season.
T.K-I kiss you! lol xD
サービスサービス
Jun 12, 2010 1:45 AM

Sep 2008
TK + Angel's wing - Epic!!

I think I know the culprit for all these is a female.
If you heard the last sentence mentioned in the next episode (episode 12) preview, the sound doesn't match with any other female character in Angel Beats!. Don't you think?
Jun 12, 2010 1:48 AM

Aug 2008
This is starting to feel rushed. I was entertained, but left feeling like everything up to this point was a test for what's going on now. Even Yuri is amazed at how many times they've gone to Guild. The fight scene with all the shadows was kick ass though. I'm interested to find out who's stealing those computers. At least with Naoi, we got some hints. I have no clue who's the antagonist this time. O__O
Jun 12, 2010 1:49 AM
Jun 2010
ShoutaAzuma said:
TK + Angel's wing - Epic!!

I think I know the culprit for all these is a female.
If you heard the last sentence mentioned in the next episode (episode 12) preview, the sound doesn't match with any other female character in Angel Beats!. Don't you think?

maybe, but i dont really listen to it lol
Jun 12, 2010 1:50 AM
Jun 2010
DonKangolJones said:
This is starting to feel rushed. I was entertained, but left feeling like everything up to this point was a test for what's going on now. Even Yuri is amazed at how many times they've gone to Guild. The fight scene with all the shadows was kick ass though. I'm interested to find out who's stealing those computers. At least with Naoi, we got some hints. I have no clue who's the antagonist this time. O__O

lol it cant be rushed, everything is planned out, theres only 1 volume for light novel, i dont see how they can rush it if they have all they need..
Jun 12, 2010 1:55 AM

Nov 2009
I felt this to be a bit weaker than previous episodes.

The plot seems to jump all over the place at the moment.

Hopefully this will rectify itself in the last 2 episodes. It was a tad predictable though, I knew the whole shadow thing as soon as they were fighting loads of them.

I can't guess at the antagonist, some disgruntled guy in guild I spose, thats about as far as I can assume.
Jun 12, 2010 1:59 AM
Jun 2010
SuperKyou said:
I felt this to be a bit weaker than previous episodes.

The plot seems to jump all over the place at the moment.

Hopefully this will rectify itself in the last 2 episodes. It was a tad predictable though, I knew the whole shadow thing as soon as they were fighting loads of them.

I can't guess at the antagonist, some disgruntled guy in guild I spose, thats about as far as I can assume.

not possible, if theres a human being in the area their all in, they wont ever be rejected/fired, they will keep getting a second chance
Jun 12, 2010 2:02 AM

Jun 2008
tsubasalover said:

nice review.. :D

Visit our website at http://www.animeotakucorner.com
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 21, 2010

388 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 1:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.