Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2021 5:11 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Thread made in advance to reduce the competition for the first post and reduce spoilers.
The thread will be unlocked at 00:38 (JST) This thread is now unlocked

Concerning spoilers: Please do not confirm a theory someone has or give hints about something that happens later on. Not everyone wants their theories confirmed or denied. If you want to do so, add a spoiler to your post and I mean the entire part where you confirm or deny a theory. If you bring arguments from past episodes, you don't have to add spoiler tags. Continuously spoiling future events in an anime can be seen as trolling and can result in a warning or a ban.

A reminder of some rules:
  • Do not ask where to watch or post links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
  • If you absolutely need to make a reference to the LN, manga, WN or something that might happen in future episodes, use spoiler tags.
    [spoiler]your text here[/spoiler]

• Do not only post something like "good episode". Simple phrases posts are removed without notice.
  • Only use one screenshot. If you use more than one, your other pictures will be either put in spoilers or removed.
  • Refrain from multi-posting consecutively. Use the edit button if necessary.
  • Do not resort to abuse or trolling.

You can find the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules here.
anime-primeJan 24, 2021 7:37 AM
Jan 24, 2021 7:38 AM

Apr 2020
Zeke and Pieck join the war!

Eren still has a lot of strength to turn into a titan, and finally Armin appears, and he turns into a titan, I love Armin's current hairstyle!

Eren used Porco's jaws to crush warhammer titan crystals, nice Eren

he looks really cool
Jan 24, 2021 7:41 AM

Jul 2019
This episode is a literal diamond my dudes. The feels here are unreal, good lord. Gabi's VA and Falco's VA are on a next level, all that screaming.

Also with Jean questioning to kill both Pieck and Falco, but my guy just goes and shoots lmao. The calamity of war is an interesting watch indeed, watching people's action during such a time.

Also, did MAL go down because of this?
Jan 24, 2021 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
Yes! They played that iconic theme this franchise has been known for since the first epiosde.

Hell of a battle this episode with the titans. What's more intense is how they kept the psychological mood in tact from the human side as well. There's Mikasa, Armin, etc all geared up for this fight. Incredible episode. This marks one of the best imo so far from this season.

Sep 2019
Eren used the Jaw titan to break her crystal shell. It was a great episode plot-wise.

I've endured it for so long but I think it's finally the time for me to admit it. Eren vs Jaw Titan's CG was fucking HORRIBLE. The first scene where Mikasa swung around titans looked absolutely trash. I'm not hating on the guys at MAPPA and I know that they're doing their best animating it. I just wish they had more time to work on it.

Jan 2009
damn the episode is fire
nice 3DCG action again too
the Colossal Titan is not yet in 3DCG eh
Pieck got badly wounded there dang
bye bye War Hammeer Titan you got absorb by Attack Titan now
Armored Titan looks shit without his armor lol

Nov 2015
another great episode, this one by far is one of the best, the action scenes were great! Also the appearance of the colossal titan was scary as hell.

also good job Falco and Gabi for that amazing voice acting!
and holy shit the OST they brought back <3!
xullJan 24, 2021 7:46 AM

Jul 2012
Wow amazing episode. The Survey Corps and Eren with no mercy.
Jan 24, 2021 7:43 AM

Aug 2018
This was best ep so far.
Jan 24, 2021 7:44 AM

Sep 2016
This episode blew my low expectations away, just like Armin did to Marleys navy.

Oct 2017
200 iq move from Eren, he used Jaw's teeth to crush the crsytal. Poor Porco must be feeling awful right now.

Dec 2015
A lot of action, great music and some cool movements.

This was a lot better than the last one.

Man, I really like the Panzer Squad. Even if they are Marleyans.
I love how they get along with Pieck.

Happiness is having bros to simp Pieck together.

And those pictures behind are a nice detail from Mappa.

Watching this just... broke my heart. Look at the pictures on the left.

I feel bad how they ended...
ParkroverJan 24, 2021 12:50 PM

Jan 2018
Best action episode so far, the only bad cgi was when Eren was holding the crystal with Galliard. The only thing that makes me cringe is Galliard's plot armor at the end but that's a problem with the source material and not the staff. 4/5
SoukaTheRealJan 24, 2021 7:52 AM
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jul 2016
Those sick camera movements are just *chef’s kiss* and the most of the CGI here are blended really well too. Kudos for the staffs there!

Jul 2017
I just wish they named this episode "The Nutcracker Titan."

I'm glad they went for a more quiet background for Armin's transformation.

Jan 24, 2021 7:45 AM
Feb 2016
WOW! What a ride. Jun gotta direct more shit.
Jan 24, 2021 7:45 AM
Mar 2020
11/10 episode

Armin's transformation was perfect

Gabi's scream was done so well by the VA

ODM scenes were amazing

Better CGI compared to last ep
Jan 24, 2021 7:46 AM
Jan 2019
10/10 episode. I fucking loved it, that was so intense.
Jan 24, 2021 7:48 AM

May 2020
Better than what I expected tbh . CGI was janky throughout the episode . Eren is looking the same . Really bad . Colossal titan was good . Pick and Galliard were alright . Beast was better than ep 1 . I was laughing when they used the beast titan theme for Eren . Galliard vs Eren was bad honestly . Did I just see CGI levi ?On the top of Zeke ?

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation

Oct 2013
That was so good, the cgi was consistently good this episode, the first few scenes before the opening was a little shaky with the camera work, but everything else was amazing! The ost usage imo was good and really fit the scene.

I also like the part where Sasha shot one of the panzer team and it was just silence and also the scene where Falco and Gabi was calling for Reiner and it had no ost but was so good, those VA put in work in this episode.

Overall a fantastic episode and if all the cgi scenes are consistently good as this, I can totally live with this, also 2d Collosal titan looked great as well.

Easy 100/5.
Jan 2021
FUCKING GODLY ANIMATION. Now imagine if they had time. Which means that for this episode the whole teams was on an insane crunch. INSANE and the music was the one i was hoping for LMAO, BINGO
Jan 24, 2021 7:52 AM

Aug 2019
This was a superb episode. Right up there with Episode 5.

Levi looked great. Armin looked pretty damn good. Jean's model looked so much better this episode.

I don't think they missed much off the manga, if anything at all.

Gabi and Falco's VAs are killing it.

The OST was on point this episode as well.

I actually felt a little bad for the Marleyans here, I don't remember feeling that way in the manga at all. They got absolutely demolished. Testament to the direction.
Jun 2015
Lol Zeke is so trash at using his titan form. Just fuckin roar at Levi and turn his ass into a titan then rip the nape ez....I think. Are they immune or something? Anyways Godlike episode. Best one of the season. 11/10.

Apr 2013
Using dynamic camera movements does make the 3DCG more bearable. I thought the Beast titan looked fine overall as did other titans. The only one who’s model looked off at times was the Attack titan. Soundtrack was fine but nothing special. Fights were enjoyable even tho it was a one-sided slaughter and we finally got to see the Nutcracker titan

The character designs and overall hand drawn art and animation was the best so far apart from episode 1 I thought. Levi and Mikasa looked good as did Armin and others. Some screenshots:

One thing I thought could’ve been improved was Armin’s transformation into the Colossal titan, I thought it could’ve been made a bit more epic visual-wise but that’s me nitpicking.. example
Jan 24, 2021 7:53 AM
Jan 2016
better than last ep. that's all
Jan 24, 2021 7:53 AM

Jan 2015
SO SO SO EPIC

They blew my expectations out of the water.

2D Colossal and Armored. Hopefully elitists won't be complaining.
Jan 24, 2021 7:55 AM
Nov 2020
xenosys said:
This was a superb episode. Right up there with Episode 5.

Levi looked great. Armin looked pretty damn good. Jean's model looked so much better this episode.

I don't think they missed much off the manga, if anything at all.

Gabi and Falco's VAs are killing it.

The OST was on point this episode as well.

I actually felt a little bad for the Marleyans here, I don't remember feeling that way in the manga at all. They got absolutely demolished. Testament to the direction.

same i actually really felt sorry for the marleyans.
Jan 24, 2021 7:56 AM
Jan 2021
Climax of Marley arc and episode what worried me the most. And Mappa did it perfectly, 10/10, it's on same level with Hero for me.
Jan 24, 2021 7:56 AM
Jun 2020
NextUniverse said:
This episode is a literal diamond my dudes. The feels here are unreal, good lord. Gabi's VA and Falco's VA are on a next level, all that screaming.

Also with Jean questioning to kill both Pieck and Falco, but my guy just goes and shoots lmao. The calamity of war is an interesting watch indeed, watching people's action during such a time.

It went down two times in a row.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 24, 2021 7:57 AM

Sep 2014
Lmaoo. I loved how Eren was like "shut the f up" when he put the crystal in Porco's mouth
Nov 2020
I love the 2d collossal titan
Aug 2016
This was SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD bruh. There were a hell lot of 2D moments inserted, and the blend between 2D and 3D was better as well compared to the previous episode. All the major moments were covered as well: Armin's entry, Pieck's slaughter, and Reiner's transformation. Hell, they made even Reiner as 2D. Damn that looked so dope. 10/10 episode once again fam! Now, next episode:

Jan 24, 2021 7:58 AM
Mar 2020
HEICHOUUUUU LEVIIIIIII. I’m a manga reader and that honestly got me so hyped seeing the beast fall to the floor šŸ”„

AND ALSO ARMIN WTF HE LOOKS SO GOOOODDDD!

Cgi was really well done, nothing that seemed subpar by any means, loved the entire ep.

Poor Galliard got clapped šŸ’€šŸ’€
10/10 episode, best of the season
Jan 24, 2021 7:59 AM
Apr 2018
Oh well ODM scenes this season are fucked. CGI ODM is just ugly and has no fluidity. The slash animation feels so fucking cheap.

Armin looked amazing and the long distance shots of the Collosal as well. Wasn't a fan of the Collosal's body in the near up shots though. (looked something that came from S1 and looked too glossy there. Armin was really fucking skinny in the manga if I'm not wrong )
Face looked fine as usual.

Loved the explosion OST but the overall OST usage has been just 'okay'

The attack titan is just depressingly bad. The nutcracker scene was unfortunately disappointing. Still not a fan of the metallic SFX for Reiner's titan but I guess it's fine.

Can't believe how they've managed to make our horse so much worse and Eren just meh.

The persistent issues of the shitty filters remain but I guess it's a slight improvement

If this is the standard this season maintains holy fuck 116-119 will be a huge letdown
Jan 24, 2021 7:59 AM

Jan 2009
this week episode got a lot of ADs but the episode did not melt surprisingly like the common thing on other anime with a lot of ADs in an episode

nice work those 4(?) Vinland Saga staff did wonders as ADs on this weeks episode

but ye as expected no super animators or sakuga worthy moments again due to the tight schedule
Jan 24, 2021 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
Amazing episode! Definitely one of my faves so far. The CGI was consistent. Armin looked so pretty. The scene I was awaiting excitedly, i.e. Porco being used as a nutcracker was insane! I felt so bad for him, Reiner and Gabi. And the OST slapped on top of it all. Great work from mappa 10/5
Jan 24, 2021 8:01 AM
Jul 2016
sammymahesh said:
NextUniverse said:

It went down two times in a row.

LOL no wonder my MAL could not load properly for few minutes
Jan 24, 2021 8:01 AM
May 2019
11/10 Mappa outdidthemself, seriously if some people still bitching about this eps im gonna really mad
Jan 24, 2021 8:02 AM

Jan 2021
#ThankyouMappa! They really did their best in this episode!

11/10.
Jan 24, 2021 8:05 AM

Sep 2018
Man, i'm just happy to be alive in this moment, amazing episode

5/5
I keep moving forward
Jan 24, 2021 8:06 AM
Jul 2020
This is the best episode this season so far. CGI is awesome, some shot kinda off but its allright. Camera movement hell yeah. When eren plug off jaw titan hands kinda satisfiying, just like Thanksgiving. The Isabel crystal looks lit.

The backsound and the ost is rlly different from prev eps, thats really show the different of perspective and thats great. Armin atomic bomb is really silent, just tragic everywhere. easy 10/10

Gabi and Falco's VA is insane, but for Porco VA is kinda missed for me, but thats no problem

Jan 24, 2021 8:06 AM
May 2020
shane_nichols said:
Lol Zeke is so trash at using his titan form. Just fuckin roar at Levi and turn his ass into a titan then rip the nape ez....I think. Are they immune or something? Anyways Godlike episode. Best one of the season. 11/10.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
anime-primeJan 24, 2021 4:07 PM
Jan 24, 2021 8:07 AM

Sep 2017
wow this episode totally exceed my expectation, im glad it was far better than last ep

im used to the CGI already and the OST was on point.

props to Ayaneru and Hanae Natsuki for that voice acting

i freakin love the atmosphere when Eren about to eat the Warhammer aka the Nutcracker scene, that was intense.

also i love the way they directing Reiner's monologue at the last moment. '

i agree this is by far the best episode along with episode 5
Jan 24, 2021 8:07 AM
Aug 2019
5/5. My god, this episode got me pumped up! Really got no complaints art and animation wise, not one (CG) shot looked bad to me. Odm gear scenes were a joy to watch too, especially Jean his sliding scene, it gave me goosebumps lol. Fantastic episode, really stoked for the next one!
Jan 24, 2021 8:08 AM

May 2020
MAPPA is such a great studio with great staff . The fact they could deliver this in insanely tight schedules in just amazing . It would be really nice if they could keep up the quality in the upcoming episodes .

Something that’s supposed to die and doesn’t… will eventually rot away , whether it’s a man or a nation
Jan 24, 2021 8:09 AM
Mar 2020
What a masterpiece. 10/10 ep can’t even tell you how good it was and eren is a mfing šŸ
Jan 24, 2021 8:12 AM
Aug 2020
My God. What a great fucking episode. How the heck they managed to maintain tension throughout the action scenes is beyond me. Props to both Hayashi and Sishido. I am still getting goosebumps from that nutcracker moment lol. Also holy shit,they went above and beyond with Armin transformation. And the soundtrack!

Again, brilliant episode.Even the art was phenomenal throughout all the actions.The cg of jaws and AT was brilliant. Besides, Eren big braining that WT.And Reiner seems to finally gain the resolve to not die. Bruh I am literally fanboying rn lol.
Jan 24, 2021 8:14 AM

Jul 2019
Images my dudes, if anyone wants to see bad cropping skill:

Jan 24, 2021 8:16 AM
Aug 2016
NextUniverse said:
Images my dudes, if anyone wants to see bad cropping skill:

My man Onyankopon is here! Letz goooo! <3
Jan 24, 2021 8:16 AM
Jun 2015
Spiegel2000 said:
shane_nichols said:
that's not how it works..zeke can turn only eldians into titans who's already got injected with pure titan serum
Alright thanks for clearing that up. Makes much more since now.
Pages (20) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The one thing I dont understand now is, why WIT censored so much the violence?

MAQS - Dec 20, 2020

26 by SoughtLi »»
Apr 28, 7:26 PM

Poll: » If Eren was in avatar...

TASM18 - Apr 17

18 by belugaanime »»
Apr 19, 2:12 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 7, 2021

513 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 13, 8:01 AM

» Isayama: The Perfect Architect ( 1 2 )

Mikasa - Mar 29, 2021

65 by benisfroms »»
Apr 10, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Jan 10, 2021

986 by Jasmin061011 »»
Apr 2, 8:12 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.