Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 1, 2020 9:09 PM

May 2019
Kanamori is great.

I love a character like this, down to earth but smart and enthusiastic, that is my kind of people, doing at the same time the paper of counterweight and propellant of the other 2 charismatic with head in the clouds.

Btw the studio/direction is genious.

This show is so meta that it is using many sequences of very poor art and sometimes animation too but it looks natural because the show is about drafts of anime being made, and it is "wanna be cult" anyway.

If in the last episodes both the art and animation grow to amazing sequences with finest quality and budget, meaning that the "anime is being finished" (both in story and meta) it-would-be-SO-F*-GREAT!

But i don't think so well, let's see.

Rob7Sep 1, 2020 9:19 PM
Oct 22, 2020 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
What a great soundtrack, animation, characters... The narrative has a lot of girl power, like women trying to gain space in anime industry with their creativity and talent!
Nov 14, 2020 1:03 PM

Jul 2017
Rewatching this show with a clear mindset, did originally give this a 4/10 but I'll comment on the forums like I'm seeing it the first time as much as possible except referencing a few times.

That was quite the premiere episode, better impression than when I first saw it. The animation isn't too mindblowing but I like the creative and artistic vision that Yuasa and this show takes, in particular, when the show would take keyframes and bring them magically to life and showcase creative situations where it's clear that the girls are lost in their own anime, something I've felt many times when writing my own stories. I would picture myself constantly in situations like I'm in the story itself and try to take part in the best mystery or the most entertaining story possible, and for the anime fans that Midori and Tsubame are, their charm and passion for the anime medium made them feel lost in love with their whimsical ideas. After reading Anime Supremacy, makes me appreciate these sort of ideas more than I used to.

In regards to the characters, so far, I'm not really that into the trio and their personalities, no one really leaves a major impact on me as a standalone character. But the charm and passion for anime and the banter styled comradery tall girl Kanamori shows with the others instantly does showcase some sort of odd-ball chemistry, even if at times the characters blend with each other too much, like adding water on water.

Also, the designs overall are..... eh. Not really a fan of the designs despite me loving the details for the actual keyframes/animation itself for the plane and 'adventure'. Don't even like the voice acting too that much, they come across as really green and not too pleasing to listen to, the only one I find sort of fitting is Kanamori's voice. Midori's voice is definitely a no-go for me.

I still hate the opening song Easy Breezy though. Sorry to chelmico, but I just find it really annoying to listen to, even if I get why the anime went with this kind of opening song to use.

Overall, I think the first episode was okay. Displayed flashes of creativity and pure whimsical fun with the medium of anime. I heard they even redid frames of Future Boy Conan into this anime as an homage, so that layer of detail was fantastic to see. Still not sold on the characters and the story is still sort of up in the air, since its the kind of anime that can get too lost in its craziness that the story feels meaningless or forgettable in the end, but I'll hope that the anime can deliver on that front as time progresses. For an introduction, not a bad first impression whatsoever.
animejasNov 14, 2020 1:18 PM
Feb 4, 2021 5:44 AM

Mar 2015
Wow great start to this one, I really like the concept and how their imagination takes off!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 8, 2021 7:41 AM

May 2017
That was incredibly exciting! Such quirky and fun characters. I just have a sense of passion for art and animation so seeing a show that highlights and focuses on that passion is amazing. The animation of this episode was also extremely impressive. This looks promising if they somehow manage to maintain the excitement and the good production.
Apr 23, 2021 7:09 AM

Aug 2017
Apart from an apparently skipped frame during the car turn in the opening seconds of the episode, that was very cool. I feel the love for animation! And those namedrops at the end, lol :p

The voice actresses of Midori and Tsubame are novices in the anime field, interesting detail, and not new for Yuasa's work.
St0rmbladeApr 23, 2021 7:20 AM
May 7, 2021 1:15 PM

Aug 2013
Looks like this anime got an award for lowest cost-production even though it's still overhyped somehow by simpletons. Ugly characters, annoying MC voice, cheap animation, no plot or any suspense, even OP and ED that I don't care much about are so cheap and lack imagination. Anime has 12 episodes only but it's so slow-paced just like it has at least twice more episodes, it was a real tiresome.
It's kinda ironic that MC and others solely focused on art part of anime and totally forgot about story, this is how this anime was made itself, it's just a bunch of fast cartoon images and worthless dialogues. People here like to highlight Masaaki Yuasa like he is special but since I saw his Devilman Crybaby and Space Dandy and made a look on style of his other works it's pretty obvious that he is trash maker and allocated to work exclusively with ugly design/cheap animation/ludicrous plotless anime. Crunchyroll and Netflix awards work like a mark of low quality.
LawgunMay 7, 2021 1:36 PM
Jan 1, 2022 5:36 PM

Aug 2007
I love that ship design a little too much.
Buzz buzz buzz!!

Mar 25, 2022 10:35 AM

Jul 2021
I like the very innovative direction and it feels so realistic to come to think about Asakusa life lol. This is giving me a Dora the explorer vibe but the less childish inclined and more adventurous.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 26, 2022 5:00 AM

Jan 2022
Been meaning to start this for ages, and I'm so glad I finally did
I love how creative and wacky it all is, and the opening goes so hard too
Jun 22, 2022 2:54 PM

Feb 2019
Okay, how did I miss this anime when it first aired?

Went into this episode worried I'd waste 25 minutes of my time. I was easily and quickly proven wrong. very enjoyable episode, even if the characters have a different art style to what I'm used to.

Thank you Funimation for transferring it to Crunchyroll to make me aware of it :D
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Nov 5, 2022 2:00 PM

Jul 2019
I didn't know what to expect from this anime, since I had never noticed what it was about, but surprisingly I must admit that it has been one of the best first chapters I've seen, I completely loved everything.

I have high expectations for the rest of the series!
May 17, 2023 7:42 PM

Dec 2022
The setting somehow gives me nostalgic vibes. Big, dense, and dirty, it somehow really feels like a city. Having several small things that bring out history and personality and things that writers don't usually take into account.
Dec 2, 2023 10:34 AM
Aug 2022
always an air of western animated film with this team which i'm not a fan of
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2020

144 by Perrin4869 »»
Apr 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

76 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 11, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2020

100 by poguschampus »»
Apr 6, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2020

98 by little_raven »»
Mar 9, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2020

92 by ibanezpunkotaku »»
Dec 25, 2023 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.