Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 22, 2019 7:25 PM

Apr 2014
Tiau said:
ap1001 said:

Yeah, but not a direct hit in the head by the wings, he got hit by the shockwaves, SHOCKWAVES, okay people. Not fist, not black vector wings, mere shockwaves.

The direction of the fight turning into a slug fest was seriously stupid, do you know how many anime-only start screaming plot armor when Touma didn't get his blood reversed, a lot I tell you.

People are more shocked he got hit by Black Wings, and he did get hit by them in the novel too, but that's kinda the point you're supposed to be.
Even being told that he can predict his enemies or that he protects his vitals its still a freak of nature moment and its even treated that way in the novel.

Also Adaptation is not just vomiting a scene onto screen! Its about obeying the shows internal logic! Its about showing the details that make the story, the fucking story! Its about emotions, set up, pay off, action, logic, etc.!!

Where is any of it?! Where is Touma's skill set up? Accel's skill set up?! Why can retards nitpick a scene and ask "duh, can't he just touch him, duh", what kind of incompetent hack screenwriters made that scene!

Kamachi had that part short, but you know goddamn well that was not what he intended to be, Accel was hitting with intent to kill, you think Kamachi would forget that instant kill touch and have them slug each other with fucking FISTS?!

You cut out precog, wings direction and have them slug each other like a joke and tell me, here is the same shit because "Touma still beat Accel". FUCK YOU, just because the conclusion is the same doesn't mean the process is correct!
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Feb 22, 2019 7:29 PM

Apr 2014
Tiau said:
ap1001 said:

Touma's freak of nature scenes all got deleted in S1 and S2 along with the goddamn narration, I rather they change the scene a bit and make him get hit by shockwave.

Yeah I know Touma is a goddamn beast who can survive getting hit head on by a bus, trampled by a war horse, smashed into a concrete building by a vending machine. Cause I read from OT1 and he was already a freak back then, but the anime only don't. They think Touma is actually "The Kind of Normal High School Boy You Can Find Anywhere", not understanding that was a meme, its a fucking meme because AC isn't even a city, its a hellpit, a cesspool of degeneracy, a place where you learn to fight like the mafia or you end up turning into dust when one of the city's many tragedies devour you.

And anytime I correct this, they yell, "OP, Plot Armor", and I look at them and wonder, do you fucking idiots know what you are saying? There is nothing OP about him, his win record is less than 50% and even with wins he stalemate 25% of times, he is just a normal tank, the wins were group efforts, and he have training. Even with true wins, the end result is unsatisfactory most of the time, cause Aleister is busy digging a grave big enough for the 2 of them.

But no, the fucking anime contaminated their perception so badly, they cannot accept the logical explanation at all.

Additionally, you know how many people who ramble about Touma being a gary stu that always beat his enemy and when I ask them to list examples, they just said Accel. Of all the fucking people to list, you list Bloody ACCEL? Where the fuck is Kanzaki?! Acqua?! Gabriel?! Izzard?! John's Pen?!

What the hell is wrong with people, are people all blind or is did the average IQ of humanity drop again? Listing Accel, the weakest boss in early OT, Mr."Oh shit, I just realized I could control wind (never bothered to try)", Mr."Damn I never gotten into a fight before, how do I make a fist?", Mr."I need Mikoto shocking Touma half dead to have a chance", Mr."Number 1 guinea pig of AC".

They aren't even listing fucking NT Accel, but Pre-headshot version, jesus people are stupid.

Also wings and fists people, WINGS and FIST, not FISTS and FISTS. Also no where does it says, Accel had a chance to touch Touma's face. Blood Reversal! Tiau! Blood Reversal! That was the whole goddamn point, the point is Accel cannot use that attack against Touma because he got no chance of tagging Touma with his hand.

Also now that I've rewatched it in HD, he doesn't even punch Touma with his fist hes using two rocks.

But the issue here for you said earlier is that they got into a slugfest, but they did get into a slugfest. You should probably rechange your statement into being upset about how they chose to do said slugfest

WHY the 2 rocks? Can you make a logical explanation?! Cause I fucking can't. And also no, NO, a slugfest is one about using fists to punch each other's face. Touma was punching Accel's wings (clash between fists and wings, not wings and face). What's a slugfest, NT21 is a slugfest.

They fucked it up, admit that, they had a perfectly logical way of having the fight scene, they blow it, just like they blow everything in this goddamn adaptation, from Carissa to Fiamma to Aiwass's fucking speech.

And what we should eat it up?!

"Oh, no need for 40KM flame sword, yeah we all get the idea". (nobody did)
"Oh, no need to explain artificial heaven and how AIM all tie into it, it'll do it later" (it never did)
"Oh, don't worry about the shitty animation and shoddy directing, I'm sure they are saving the best for last" (and here we are at last, even worse than what come before)

Anymore great ideas? Cause I'm reaching my rage point, dealing with fucking secondaries asking moronic questions that forces me to answer again and again, while morons whine about issues that doesn't fucking exist! All because this fucking anime couldn't do the one goddamn job it had!!
ap1001Feb 22, 2019 7:36 PM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Feb 22, 2019 7:44 PM
Dec 2018
ap1001 said:
Tiau said:

People are more shocked he got hit by Black Wings, and he did get hit by them in the novel too, but that's kinda the point you're supposed to be.
Even being told that he can predict his enemies or that he protects his vitals its still a freak of nature moment and its even treated that way in the novel.

Touma's freak of nature scenes all got deleted in S1 and S2 along with the goddamn narration, I rather they change the scene a bit and make him get hit by shockwave.

Yeah I know Touma is a goddamn beast who can survive getting hit head on by a bus, trampled by a war horse, smashed into a concrete building by a vending machine. Cause I read from OT1 and he was already a freak back then, but the anime only don't. They think Touma is actually "The Kind of Normal High School Boy You Can Find Anywhere", not understanding that was a meme, its a fucking meme because AC isn't even a city, its a hellpit, a cesspool of degeneracy, a place where you learn to fight like the mafia or you end up turning into dust when one of the city's many tragedies devour you.

And anytime I correct this, they yell, "OP, Plot Armor", and I look at them and wonder, do you fucking idiots know what you are saying? There is nothing OP about him, his win record is less than 50% and even with wins he stalemate 25% of times, he is just a normal tank, the wins were group efforts, and he have training. Even with true wins, the end result is unsatisfactory most of the time, cause Aleister is busy digging a grave big enough for the 2 of them.

But no, the fucking anime contaminated their perception so badly, they cannot accept the logical explanation at all.

Additionally, you know how many people who ramble about Touma being a gary stu that always beat his enemy and when I ask them to list examples, they just said Accel. Of all the fucking people to list, you list Bloody ACCEL? Where the fuck is Kanzaki?! Acqua?! Gabriel?! Izzard?! John's Pen?!

What the hell is wrong with people, are people all blind or is did the average IQ of humanity drop again? Listing Accel, the weakest boss in early OT, Mr."Oh shit, I just realized I could control wind (never bothered to try)", Mr."Damn I never gotten into a fight before, how do I make a fist?", Mr."I need Mikoto shocking Touma half dead to have a chance", Mr."Number 1 guinea pig of AC".

They aren't even listing fucking NT Accel, but Pre-headshot version, jesus people are stupid.

Also wings and fists people, WINGS and FIST, not FISTS and FISTS. Also no where does it says, Accel had a chance to touch Touma's face. Blood Reversal! Tiau! Blood Reversal! That was the whole goddamn point, the point is Accel cannot use that attack against Touma because he got no chance of tagging Touma with his hand.

If they did use NT Accel would that really make much of a difference to you?
Feb 22, 2019 7:54 PM

Apr 2014
JYXCYNC said:
ap1001 said:

Yes, yes it fucking would, cause I actually would bet on NT Accel winning against Touma. Its all about experience and optimizing one's skill set, something that pisses me off so much when someone talks about battles in this series while completely ignoring everything about the current state of the character, only caring about Power, power, power.

Fucking Accel wank was the most toxic cancer I have ever experienced, only eclipsed by the toxic Gilgamesh wank in the Fate Franchise.
Feb 22, 2019 8:25 PM
Oct 2018
ap1001 said:
Tiau said:

Also now that I've rewatched it in HD, he doesn't even punch Touma with his fist hes using two rocks.

But the issue here for you said earlier is that they got into a slugfest, but they did get into a slugfest. You should probably rechange your statement into being upset about how they chose to do said slugfest

WHY the 2 rocks? Can you make a logical explanation?! Cause I fucking can't. And also no, NO, a slugfest is one about using fists to punch each other's face. Touma was punching Accel's wings (clash between fists and wings, not wings and face). What's a slugfest, NT21 is a slugfest.

They fucked it up, admit that, they had a perfectly logical way of having the fight scene, they blow it, just like they blow everything in this goddamn adaptation, from Carissa to Fiamma to Aiwass's fucking speech.

"Oh, no need to explain artificial heaven and how AIM all tie into it, it'll do it later" (it never did)
"Oh, don't worry about the shitty animation and shoddy directing, I'm sure they are saving the best for last" (and here we are at last, even worse than what come before)

Anymore great ideas? Cause I'm reaching my rage point, dealing with fucking secondaries asking moronic questions that forces me to answer again and again, while morons whine about issues that doesn't fucking exist! All because this fucking anime couldn't do the one goddamn job it had!!

Do you not read, even though the passage is literally right there my man?
It's literally right there
"Fists and Wings collided
The air shook, many attacks impacted, and blood flew out"
"and blood flew out"
It wasn't just touma punching wings or wings being hit by his hand, they actually had a back and forth my man being hit by each other, it was a slugfest after they charged directly at each other, like I said you can be mad at how they chose to show it but they didn't actually do that wrong
Feb 22, 2019 8:37 PM
Dec 2018
ap1001 said:
JYXCYNC said:

Yes, yes it fucking would, cause I actually would bet on NT Accel winning against Touma. Its all about experience and optimizing one's skill set, something that pisses me off so much when someone talks about battles in this series while completely ignoring everything about the current state of the character, only caring about Power, power, power.

Fucking Accel wank was the most toxic cancer I have ever experienced, only eclipsed by the toxic Gilgamesh wank in the Fate Franchise.

I can't argue with your first point and I pretty much agree with it.

I think the author actually tries to highlight how dangerous Accel is, not because of his powers but because of the fact he uses his intelligence a lot more and no longer underestimates his opponents.

I wish the anime would show that intelligence and also not have Touma look like a complete idiot since that is far from the truth in the LN's. This is why I treat the characters in the anime and the LN's as separate characters. They have messed Touma up from the very beginning and Accel's character has been up and down since season 3.

I find the Touma and Misaka wank to be just as bad but yeah the Accel wank can be pretty bad at times.
Feb 22, 2019 8:49 PM

Apr 2014
Tiau said:
ap1001 said:

"and blood flew out"
It wasn't just touma punching wings or wings being hit by his hand, they actually had a back and forth my man being hit by each other, it was a slugfest after they charged directly at each other, like I said you can be mad at how they chose to show it but they didn't actually do that wrong

Blood flow out of a lot of things, most of them are not fucking faces. Again, you can keep being delusional about this shitfest Tiau, but Toaru at its best sends shivers down ones spine in intensity. This thing here, this is not toaru, you can be as delusional as you want, but Kamachi did not write, "and then accel grabbed 2 rocks and began punching Touma's face".

But sure, go ahead, keep on ruining this franchise's reputation, you can go tell people this is toaru season 3, and watch the shit flinging keep going. But I am going to do the only sane thing one can do, I'm going to deny the anime's canon status, just as I denied the railgun filler's canon status.

Again, I ask you one thing, gave me fucking proof that Kamachi have actually write this scene to be retarded, where Accel forgot all about his blood reversal, where the 2 of them punch each other like a bunch of faggots, no precog, no wings action. Can you prove that Tiau?

No you can't, because the anime is bullshit, because Kamachi is stuck on his desk writting Boo-boo Vol 10. You use a vague, blood squirt out to justify a shitty action scene, but where I ask did the source remotely describe a scene like this?

Don't drag the sources name through this toxic filth, Tiau, or I might get suspect you to be an actual hating poser.
ap1001Feb 22, 2019 9:04 PM
Feb 22, 2019 9:01 PM
Oct 2018
ap1001 said:
Tiau said:

"and blood flew out"

Blood flow out of a lot of things, most of them are not fucking faces. Again, you can keep being delusional about this shitfest Tiau, but Toaru at its best sends shivers down ones spine in intensity. This thing here, this is not toaru, you can be as delusional as you want, but Kamachi did not write, "and then accel grabbed 2 rocks and began punching Touma's face".

But sure, go ahead, keep on ruining this franchise's reputation, you can go tell people this is toaru season 3, and watch the shit flinging keep going. But I am going to do the only sane thing one can do, I'm going to deny the anime's canon status, just as I denied the railgun filler's canon status.

You can be upset all you want, you're not exactly saying anything I didn't say already. Yes yes, we know they added a portion to the fight, doesn't really change that Accelerator was hitting Touma with his wings either way as they brawled regardless, your worries of animeonlys being mad Touma is taking hits would've been done anyways.

Really, you can do whatever you want. Just keep your outlashes to yourself because really you're just making everyone else seem just as bad, I've seen what you've done on other websites man that ain't cool
Feb 22, 2019 9:07 PM

Apr 2014
Tiau said:
ap1001 said:

You can be upset all you want, you're not exactly saying anything I didn't say already. Yes yes, we know they added a portion to the fight, doesn't really change that Accelerator was hitting Touma with his wings either way as they brawled regardless, your worries of animeonlys being mad Touma is taking hits would've been done anyways.

Really, you can do whatever you want. Just keep your outlashes to yourself because really you're just making everyone else seem just as bad, I've seen what you've done on other websites man that ain't cool

Hey better I get rid of morons first before I get another 3-4 years of "Accel should totally beat Touma", "Plot armor", "OP gary stu" garbage toxic discussion. I rather toaru die a dignified death, than to have it being defiled by all the bottom feeder maggots bent on squeezing every last bit of penny from its corpse.
Feb 22, 2019 11:57 PM

Jul 2014
Tiau said:
ap1001 said:

Can't really blame him, he seems to be passionate about the Toaru verse's core, the anime creative decision from the fight felt off in the 1st place so I went straight to discord and asked LN readers on what really happened in the fight, from reading their responses and how the fight went in text form I really enjoyed reading and imagining how the fight went instead of how the anime showed it, but the implications were there at least, from an anime only PoV Touma really did somewhat feel like a freak of nature when he was just standing from a supposed direct hit (either he dodged or IB'd it, it still counts as an implication of precog at the very least) from his black wings, but the one thing that did felt off (other than Accel using rocks to smack Touma over and over which was HELLA WEIRD AF) was he literally got hit in the face by those black wings and got up like it was nothing (thats where the freak of nature part feeling started to kick in) all in all yeah compared to how the LN described the fight it was different, but for an anime only it was bearable.
Feb 23, 2019 1:00 AM

Jan 2008
Looks like they used the landmines after all (well, one at least), like I thought. The machine gun was a little unexpected though...then again, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised since it is Russia. Kinda wish Hamazura was able to steal a tank or a rifle before being saved by Aqua...just so he's a little more prepared for Mugino who's on her way. Hopefully he took some stuff off screen.

Did anyone else notice Accelerator was hitting Touma with a couple of rocks in his hands? They disappeared just as quickly as they appeared in the fight.

JYXCYNC said:
I've learnt to separate the anime from the LN's. The two aren't the same, the characters aren't the same.

My anime mind says the episode wasn't so bad. It was at least watchable.

My LN mind however, is screaming 'What the f was that?'

That's pretty much the same approach I'm taking while watching this anime. After reading some of the other comments before me...as a non-LN reader, I also think the adaption could have been done much better. But at this point, I've already come to accept that there won't ever be a 1 to 1 perfect adaption, rather; a story loosely based on. I'm just happy this is getting an adaption at all. Of course, I do plan on reading the novels to get the full experience later on, as it's on my to read list.
Estoy_GordoFeb 24, 2019 11:14 PM
Feb 23, 2019 3:41 AM

Jul 2016
Oh that's a lot of rage happened in this thread lol. Anyway back to the topic itself, after a decent job of handling Accelerator's character in previous episode, they went with full retarded again for butchering the story and fights.

Whoever wrote the script for this episode must haven't actually reads LN properly. Is this a rematch and a remake version of Touma vs Accelerator first fight featured Black Wings Accelerator? The f**k is Worst being angry at Accelerator after he saved her? Where the f**k is those ranged-attack skills that Accelerator uses during the fight? Was Touma punching or slapping when he explaining his reason to Accelerator? The way the fight ended was also inaccurate to the LN as well, I don't remember that Touma being jumping to the front of Accelerator while giving finishing blow (Also, how comes that Touma can jumped that high???). The fight was painful to watch with that terrible direction, only the animation and art style are passable in the whole fight.

Why the f**k Accelerator's black wings design keep changing throughout the anime? First with black wings that look like wind at near the end of Index II, second with black wings that look like black tornado with red eyes, and now was black tornado with purple glowing aura without red eyes??? I will admits the form look better here compared to the previous one, but can't they at least just stick with one design throughout the season?

As for other stuffs, Acqua's appearance kinda feel underwhelm here. I think J.C handled his appearance better in British Royal arc than this. They also skipped the part where Mikoto searching Touma's information at his school network after discovered him in Russia.

As for that preview...... DE F**K??? Did I just saw Mikoto fight against Gabriel??? While Mikoto did faces Gabriel briefly, she doesn't even actually fought her in the LN. Don't tell me this is one of the filler/anime-only scenes that one of J.C crew referring, because if they do then it's meant they don't even have a idea on how overpowered Gabriel is. I really hope that Gabriel scene was just simply Mikoto trying to ride another jet and nothing else.
MahiaErebeaNegiFeb 23, 2019 5:02 AM
Feb 23, 2019 3:44 AM

Feb 2012
Everything aside, fairly good episode. I'm pretty happy with everything that happened (although most of it felt totally random still).

Why is Aqua of the rear literally always where anybody needs him? Britain? Russia? No worries.

I'm moving my 4/10 back to a 5/10 because the episode was decent and it's nice to finally see some character development with Accelerator.
Feb 23, 2019 4:25 AM

Jul 2016

Who is this "Hazama" guy that you referring? Hazama from Blazblue? Lol
Feb 23, 2019 5:22 AM
Dec 2018
Well its possible that this arc may not save the series after all with this hate. I feel so bad for light novel readers even in Japan. If JC Staff didn't accepted all those anime projects then this season would have been better. Well what can I say I`m glad how this adaptation came out because the whole series suck compared to the light novels.
Feb 23, 2019 5:46 AM

Jul 2016
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Well its possible that this arc may not save the series after all with this hate.

I don't think we should even need to surprises at this with how they handled the previous arcs here (Especially Battle Royale and British Royal arc).

KiLLZONE15JYU said:
If JC Staff didn't accepted all those anime projects then this season would have been better.

Even if J.C didn't working on more than 10 anime series, Index III willl still gonna be bad due to the fact they're trying to adapts 9 volumes into 26 episodes.

KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Well what can I say I`m glad how this adaptation came out because the whole series suck compared to the light novels.

It's sad the best light novel series gotten this shitty adaptation, while SAO (Which is considered as the second best LN series) got a better adaptation than Index because even Kadokawa and Dengeki themselves loves SAO a lot more than they did with Index.
MahiaErebeaNegiFeb 23, 2019 5:51 AM
Feb 23, 2019 5:54 AM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Oh that's a lot of rage happened in this thread lol. Anyway back to the topic itself, after a decent job of handling Accelerator's character in previous episode, they went with full retarded again for butchering the story and fights.

Whoever wrote the script for this episode must haven't actually reads LN properly. Is this a rematch and a remake version of Touma vs Accelerator first fight featured Black Wings Accelerator? The f**k is Worst being angry at Accelerator after he saved her? Where the f**k is those ranged-attack skills that Accelerator uses during the fight? Was Touma punching or slapping when he explaining his reason to Accelerator? The way the fight ended was also inaccurate to the LN as well, I don't remember that Touma being jumping to the front of Accelerator while giving finishing blow (Also, how comes that Touma can jumped that high???). The fight was painful to watch with that terrible direction, only the animation and art style are passable in the whole fight.

Why the f**k Accelerator's black wings design keep changing throughout the anime? First with black wings that look like wind at near the end of Index II, second with black wings that look like black tornado with red eyes, and now was black tornado with purple glowing aura without red eyes??? I will admits the form look better here compared to the previous one, but can't they at least just stick with one design throughout the season?

As for other stuffs, Acqua's appearance kinda feel underwhelm here. I think J.C handled his appearance better in British Royal arc than this. They also skipped the part where Mikoto searching Touma's information at his school network after discovered him in Russia.

As for that preview...... DE F**K??? Did I just saw Mikoto fight against Gabriel??? While Mikoto did faces Gabriel briefly, she doesn't even actually fought her in the LN. Don't tell me this is one of the filler/anime-only scenes that one of J.C crew referring, because if they do then it's meant they don't even have a idea on how overpowered Gabriel is. I really hope that Gabriel scene was just simply Mikoto trying to ride another jet and nothing else.

You’re another one who’s incorrect here.
Watching the fight and reading the fight(someone who literally spends their time reading the LN each episode to point out differences like Razorhat on reddit/discord can tell you this) there’s literally only three things different
I can even quote him directly here

Also it really goes to show that a lot of people here have no clue what they're talking about. The fight between Accelerator and Touma wasn't "butchered". Three things were different:

#1: Accelerator didn't attack Lessar in the novel and instead carpet-bombed Touma with stakes from his wings for a similar result.
#2: The Precognition bit was skipped, which, while very interesting and nice to know about, isn't all that important to state. It boils down to Touma being very good at predicting attacks, which you can visually see in the anime anyway.
#3: They didn't show Touma grabbing one of Accelerators wings and using it to create a safe space. That doesn't mean it wasn't present (it was, hidden in the dust cloud after Accelerator's final attack), but we never saw Lessar's perspective so this bit was skipped.

Other than that the fight was nearly 1:1, even keeping most of the dialogue intact. Touma negating Accelerator's wings at the start? In the novel. Touma and Accelerator coming in close combat after a few attacks? In the novel. Touma and Accelerator slugging each other with wings and fists while speeching? All in the novel. People really overstated how much was changed there.

If we're talking direction-wise I can see it yeah, as we lose the effect from seeing everything from Accelerator's perspective, as well as some of his inner monologue idolising Touma and hoping he would win, as well as accepting he was throwing a tantrum. But the way some people here talked you'd think they changed everything around, while in fact the fight is almost entirely as in the novel.

Also..Needs to use her powers to magnetize or land yes? She isn’t even targettig Gabe. That is also in the LN
Feb 23, 2019 5:56 AM
Dec 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Well its possible that this arc may not save the series after all with this hate.

I don't think we should even need to surprises at this with how they handled the previous arcs here (Especially Battle Royale and British Royal arc).

KiLLZONE15JYU said:
If JC Staff didn't accepted all those anime projects then this season would have been better.

Even if J.C didn't working on more than 10 anime series, Index III willl still gonna be bad due to the fact they're trying to adapts 9 volumes into 26 episodes.

KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Well what can I say I`m glad how this adaptation came out because the whole series suck compared to the light novels.

It's sad the best light novel series gotten this shitty adaptation, while SAO (Which is considered as the second best LN series) got a better adaptation than Index because even Kadokawa and Dengeki themselves loves SAO too so that's why the anime is better.
Well thought out with your reply but I would put that I lost hope for this series.
Feb 23, 2019 6:25 AM

Jul 2014
Tiau said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Watching the fight and reading the fight(someone who literally spends their time reading the LN each episode to point out differences like Razorhat on reddit/discord can tell you this) there’s literally only three things different

Also it really goes to show that a lot of people here have no clue what they're talking about. The fight between Accelerator and Touma wasn't "butchered". Three things were different:

#1: Accelerator didn't attack Lessar in the novel and instead carpet-bombed Touma with stakes from his wings for a similar result.
#2: The Precognition bit was skipped, which, while very interesting and nice to know about, isn't all that important to state. It boils down to Touma being very good at predicting attacks, which you can visually see in the anime anyway.
#3: They didn't show Touma grabbing one of Accelerators wings and using it to create a safe space. That doesn't mean it wasn't present (it was, hidden in the dust cloud after Accelerator's final attack), but we never saw Lessar's perspective so this bit was skipped.

Other than that the fight was nearly 1:1, even keeping most of the dialogue intact. Touma negating Accelerator's wings at the start? In the novel. Touma and Accelerator coming in close combat after a few attacks? In the novel. Touma and Accelerator slugging each other with wings and fists while speeching? All in the novel. People really overstated how much was changed there.

If we're talking direction-wise I can see it yeah, as we lose the effect from seeing everything from Accelerator's perspective, as well as some of his inner monologue idolising Touma and hoping he would win, as well as accepting he was throwing a tantrum. But the way some people here talked you'd think they changed everything around, while in fact the fight is almost entirely as in the novel.

Also..Needs to use her powers to magnetize or land yes? She isn’t even targettig Gabe. That is also in the LN

I've been reading his stuffs, really well thought out that even an anime only like me can see the differences so that we can make sense of what just happened with more details.
This part really got me tho....

Why Did Accelerator Attack Touma?
Well–part of it was irrational anger because his Hero, the one Accelerator idolised for so long, didn't help Last Order when she was in trouble. But another part was that while Accelerator was trying to kill Touma, and knew that logically there was no way Touma should survive, he genuinely believed Touma would live. His hero worship of Touma is so great that he couldn't see him lose, and wanted Touma to prove it.
In the middle of their fight I had a feeling he was like that, the way he was lashing out at Touma being a hero this hero that didnt feel like he was mocking him nor was just simply trying to push the blame all to him instead of himself, but genuinely felt like he idolized/looked up to him in the literal sense of him wanting to be like Touma.
Feb 23, 2019 6:27 AM
Oct 2018
-Stray said:
Tiau said:

I've been reading his stuffs, really well thought out that even an anime only like me can see the differences so that we can make sense of what just happened with more details.
This part really got me tho....

Why Did Accelerator Attack Touma?
Well–part of it was irrational anger because his Hero, the one Accelerator idolised for so long, didn't help Last Order when she was in trouble. But another part was that while Accelerator was trying to kill Touma, and knew that logically there was no way Touma should survive, he genuinely believed Touma would live. His hero worship of Touma is so great that he couldn't see him lose, and wanted Touma to prove it.
In the middle of their fight I had a feeling he was like that, the way he was lashing out at Touma being a hero this hero that didnt feel like he was mocking him nor was just simply trying to push the blame all to him instead of himself, but genuinely felt like he idolized/looked up to him in the literal sense of him wanting to be like Touma.

Yeah, it’s pretty helpful for you guys especially during the rewatches of both previously railgun and index where some details get glossed over.
But yeah he pretty much wants to be like Touma, he’s his hero all right his biggest fan
Feb 23, 2019 7:41 AM

Aug 2014
damn, touma really is the best character in the anime. that was a great fight
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 23, 2019 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
Touma being TouMAN again, Hamazura is cool too, Accelerator learned his lesson with Touma Punches again and Last Order got a cute set of winter clothes. It also looks like the battle will be intense. Can't wait till the next episode. Also, that Meltdowner... She's worse than a cockroach... Also, I wonder why Crunchyroll choose to name "Project Bethlehem" as "Project B'Tselem" when B'Tselem in our world is a is a Jerusalem-based non-profit organization whose stated goals are to document human rights violations in the Israeli-occupied territories, combat denial of the existence of such violations, and help to create a human rights culture in Israel.
Feb 23, 2019 10:59 AM

Dec 2018
wait years and endure arc that are a real absurdity incomprehensible just to see this? and there will be the typical fanboy who will tell you that you have to wait because then it gets better -_____-
Feb 23, 2019 11:10 AM

Dec 2018
Touma being TouMAN again, Hamazura is cool too, Accelerator learned his lesson with Touma Punches again and Last Order got a cute set of winter clothes. It also looks like the battle will be intense. Can't wait till the next episode. Also, that Meltdowner... She's worse than a cockroach... Also, I wonder why Crunchyroll choose to name "Project Bethlehem" as "Project B'Tselem" when B'Tselem in our world is a is a Jerusalem-based non-profit organization whose stated goals are to document human rights violations in the Israeli-occupied territories, combat denial of the existence of such violations, and help to create a human rights culture in Israel.

No it's not a man it's a potato
Feb 23, 2019 9:01 PM
Mar 2015
Enjoyed the episode for what it was Accelerator was basically complaining that he could not protect Last Order He was not trying to kill Touma
Feb 23, 2019 11:18 PM

Jan 2016
The problem with the key animations notwithstanding they actually paced this episode well. Gave both Accelerator and Touma time to actually resolve their own troubles in a much more deliberate way.

And things are bout to get exciting with both Misaka and Mugino going to Russia next episode wooo.
Feb 23, 2019 11:58 PM

Jul 2016
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
Also, I wonder why Crunchyroll choose to name "Project Bethlehem" as "Project B'Tselem"l.

Because Crunchyroll wants to avoid to uses the fan translation terms from Index LNs in the anime as much as possible.

Basically it's the same reason why "Acqua of the Back" was renamed to "Acqua of the Rear" in Crunchyroll sub.
Feb 24, 2019 4:23 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow accelarator and touma fight... the episodes keep on getting better...even misaka is coming too
Feb 24, 2019 8:38 AM
Jan 2016
Awesome episode!

Touma and Accelerator had a cool fight, Accelerator have hatred for Touma for being a ideal hero, but Touma managed to made Accelarator understand that he dont need to be a hero to save someone, he just need to want save that person!

Hamazura is doing our best to save that citizens, i am glad that Acqua appeared to help him!

Seems finally Mikoto and Kuroko will finally join in next episode!

I cant believe that Magano is still alive!

I am so hyped for next episode!
Feb 24, 2019 8:51 AM

May 2015
Thank god. Only 6 episodes left.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 24, 2019 11:15 PM

Jan 2008
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Who is this "Hazama" guy that you referring? Hazama from Blazblue? Lol

Typo................Hamazura.
Feb 25, 2019 6:03 AM

Dec 2013
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Basically it's the same reason why "Acqua of the Back" was renamed to "Acqua of the Rear" in Crunchyroll sub.

It's not Crunchyroll sub, silly. They only stream it with Funimation subs.
Also, I'm pretty sure that [GJM] also went with "Acqua of the Rear".
Feb 25, 2019 8:28 AM

Jul 2016
Kamiyan3991 said:
Also, I'm pretty sure that [GJM] also went with "Acqua of the Rear".

Never watch the show in [GJM] sub before so I won't comment in that. Also, he is always named "Acqua of the Back" in both fan translation and official translation of Index LN and manga, so that kinda shows the sub did went wrong with the name translation.
Feb 26, 2019 7:34 PM
Oct 2018
I can't get into it as deep as most of these comments, but I'm sick and tired of seeing Accelerator get his ass kicked. He's the best character IMO and they are making him way too sensitive and reflective and not badass enough. The black wings were cool, but then he just gets his butt kicked by Touma.

He's supposed to be the most badass antihero of them all and he's reduced to riding in a cold freight car in Siberia or whereever.

Also, the fight wasn't even that great. It should have been on the level of Goku vs Jiren but I guess they didn't have the budget for that.

At least it looks like Misaka will be getting some decent screen time until the end of the season.
Feb 26, 2019 7:49 PM

Jul 2017
I thought the whole feel of the battle was very generic and felt like watching a crappy old school shounen anime, but atleast the animation slightly improved overall.
Feb 27, 2019 1:50 AM

Oct 2008
Touma really kicked ass there and totally smacked down Accelerator! well it was satisfying!
Acqua of the Rear helped Hamazura nice!
4/5.

Feb 27, 2019 7:33 AM
Oct 2018
90293otaku said:
I can't get into it as deep as most of these comments, but I'm sick and tired of seeing Accelerator get his ass kicked. He's the best character IMO and they are making him way too sensitive and reflective and not badass enough. The black wings were cool, but then he just gets his butt kicked by Touma.

He's supposed to be the most badass antihero of them all and he's reduced to riding in a cold freight car in Siberia or whereever.

Also, the fight wasn't even that great. It should have been on the level of Goku vs Jiren but I guess they didn't have the budget for that.

At least it looks like Misaka will be getting some decent screen time until the end of the season.

Well it’s more so you really missed the point entirely. Accelerator is too busy thinking in the logic of heroes versus villains instead of being the “antihero” you want him to be he’s also still haunted by the actions he took and was driven further by technically breaking his promise by hurting a clone. He’s just looking for excuses to push himself down at this point and Touma wandering around “not doing anything for them” his perfect hero set him off but also made him want Touma to take over, he needed this ass kicking so he can finally realize he’s been making a ass of himself, which he does(and he becomes a better character from this, trust me), this also helps Touma decide on what he really wants to do here from Fiamma’s words, the Fiamma face was added by the anime to show that Touma wasn’t just talking about accelerator but also himself
Feb 27, 2019 10:48 AM

Nov 2013
Kinda wanted William's entrance to be more hype. Surprisingly Hamazura's scenes were okay, for the most part. But just okay. Mind you this doesn't really improve my opinion of the adaptation but hey I like to be nice every once in a while.
Mar 1, 2019 7:49 AM
Jun 2017
So happy the japanese don't care and hear a word of all you sad, stupid, monkeybrains mothefuckers. It's always me, me, me,... Me wants better animation, me wants more of this character, me wants longer fights,... You're all so stupid you don't even know how to use a fkin episode diacussion forum properly. This show has always been full of blunders, bad pacing and incoherence. Acting all surprised and bitchy about it's just another testament how dumb you failed atempt of nerds are. Go fkin bitch to a wall instead of filling this forums with your anoying crap and constant bickering. No one fkin cares about you and your opinions. You're irrelevant. You'll never matter and the shows will never be directed to you.
Mar 1, 2019 7:54 AM
Jun 2017
90293otaku said:

So they're making him smarter instead of the brain dead idiot he was. Boo hooo... And fuck me with the dumb goku comparison... If that's what you have as an example of a good fight, then thank god no one will ever listen to you.
Mar 2, 2019 12:23 AM

Jul 2016
Aplope said:
So happy the japanese don't care and hear a word of all you sad, stupid, monkeybrains mothefuckers. It's always me, me, me,... Me wants better animation, me wants more of this character, me wants longer fights,... You're all so stupid you don't even know how to use a fkin episode diacussion forum properly. This show has always been full of blunders, bad pacing and incoherence. Acting all surprised and bitchy about it's just another testament how dumb you failed atempt of nerds are. Go fkin bitch to a wall instead of filling this forums with your anoying crap and constant bickering. No one fkin cares about you and your opinions. You're irrelevant. You'll never matter and the shows will never be directed to you.

You clearly have no idea what are you saying, didn't you? If you said we are irrelevant then so is yours. Why would we care about your opinion or listen to yours if you're just as irrelevant as us too?

Also, please don't starts crying when your favorite manga/light novel series got a shitty anime adaptation like this.
Mar 2, 2019 4:39 AM

Dec 2018
90293otaku said:

Well it’s more so you really missed the point entirely. Accelerator is too busy thinking in the logic of heroes versus villains instead of being the “antihero” you want him to be he’s also still haunted by the actions he took and was driven further by technically breaking his promise by hurting a clone. He’s just looking for excuses to push himself down at this point and Touma wandering around “not doing anything for them” his perfect hero set him off but also made him want Touma to take over, he needed this ass kicking so he can finally realize he’s been making a ass of himself, which he does(and he becomes a better character from this, trust me), this also helps Touma decide on what he really wants to do here from Fiamma’s words, the Fiamma face was added by the anime to show that Touma wasn’t just talking about accelerator but also himself

oh of course again giving the reason to the moralist potato character the guy who has no background, who gets where it does not concern him, that gets in head in any fight you see, whose only development is to swell his harem, who gives lessons of life to people in spite of having to have complete amnesia, the worst thing is that it always ends up winning its fights even though it struggles with people who were years training to fight, are overcome by an average teenager who does not even go to the Gym

the author only gives love to his protagonist potato, I doubt very much that this is very different from the novels because really accel at this height deserved to win and touma realizes that his attitude is self-destructive
Fede_5000Mar 2, 2019 4:45 AM
Mar 3, 2019 6:30 PM

Apr 2014
Fede_5000 said:

oh of course again giving the reason to the moralist potato character the guy who has no background, who gets where it does not concern him, that gets in head in any fight you see, whose only development is to swell his harem, who gives lessons of life to people in spite of having to have complete amnesia, the worst thing is that it always ends up winning its fights even though it struggles with people who were years training to fight, are overcome by an average teenager who does not even go to the Gym

the author only gives love to his protagonist potato, I doubt very much that this is very different from the novels because really accel at this height deserved to win and touma realizes that his attitude is self-destructive

Are you trolling? Cause I have a feeling you are either super missing the point or trolling. Why are you under the illusion that Touma didn't go to the Gym? or that he is a moralist potato?

Cause thelemaists are flat out hedonists.
Mar 4, 2019 4:36 PM

Dec 2018
ap1001 said:
Fede_5000 said:

Are you trolling? Cause I have a feeling you are either super missing the point or trolling. Why are you under the illusion that Touma didn't go to the Gym? or that he is a moralist potato?

I will ignore everything you say about the novel, about my point I keep it because the development and characterization of the protagonist is simply bad, I'll illustrate you with another similar character.
Asta of Black clover is also a loser who had no powers so at least he began to train his body to be respected, he discovers that he has a power of anti magic that nullifies the powers of others,(unlike Touma who is just a normal high school teenager who defeats characters who trained for years to fight) tries to train and improve this power, Asta has a good motivation to help children and the church where he grew up, shows his love for the nun who raised him training to impress her and declaring her love in front of everyone, unlike the other one guy that does not pay attention to the ton of girls who rescues BAH! nor has memories of his own family.
However black clover is a much worse anime, it is a overused genre has many ideas that were better used in countless previous animes, but in regard to the development of its protagonist is very competent
Mar 5, 2019 4:23 AM

Apr 2014
Fede_5000 said:
ap1001 said:

I will ignore everything you say about the novel, about my point I keep it because the development and characterization of the protagonist is simply bad, I'll illustrate you with another similar character.
Asta of Black clover is also a loser who had no powers so at least he began to train his body to be respected, he discovers that he has a power of anti magic that nullifies the powers of others,(unlike Touma who is just a normal high school teenager who defeats characters who trained for years to fight) tries to train and improve this power, Asta has a good motivation to help children and the church where he grew up, shows his love for the nun who raised him training to impress her and declaring her love in front of everyone, unlike the other one guy that does not pay attention to the ton of girls who rescues BAH! nor has memories of his own family.
However black clover is a much worse anime, it is a overused genre has many ideas that were better used in countless previous animes, but in regard to the development of its protagonist is very competent

Sure you can say the anime is bad, no arguing with that, but discussing the plot and character without knowing the plot and character is stupid.

Criticize what you know, not what you don't know.
Mar 5, 2019 12:41 PM

Dec 2018
ap1001 said:
Fede_5000 said:

Sure you can say the anime is bad, no arguing with that, but discussing the plot and character without knowing the plot and character is stupid.

Fede_5000 said:

What thing is that I do not know? I have read all their spoilers, but at no time I see a true justification for their raison d'être, more than 60 episodes have passed and if there is a moment where the character has catharsis it would have already been shown, what I know is that they make us believe that he died, but he did not die, Misaka tries to help him and promises to fight together, but surprise is NOT still displaced and Touma continues to fight alone, all to boast the protagonist, all speak shit of the Isekais, but at least these are honest and direct , this whole story is a succession of endless arcs to get anywhere
Mar 5, 2019 2:41 PM
Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:
ap1001 said:

What thing is that I do not know? I have read all their spoilers, but at no time I see a true justification for their raison d'être, more than 60 episodes have passed and if there is a moment where the character has catharsis it would have already been shown, what I know is that they make us believe that he died, but he did not die, Misaka tries to help him and promises to fight together, but surprise is NOT still displaced and Touma continues to fight alone, all to boast the protagonist, all speak shit of the Isekais, but at least these are honest and direct , this whole story is a succession of endless arcs to get anywhere
You need to check the source material quality not just OT but also NT which improves Touma's personality. In japan he is number 1 for light novel male character and so as misaka which she hasn't been beaten for more than 5 years. If you don't like that kind stuff then choose something what interests you. I like this series because other series like shounen are using the same tropes which makes me to drop anime. I was so close to dislike anime for repeating it stories that used for retcons for example harem, action, romance and etc.
Mar 5, 2019 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
Fede_5000 said:
ap1001 said:

You do know that we LN readers don't put the entire plot in 1 spoiler right? Or the fact we have a seperate forum when we actually want to discuss plot details right? Or that we don't talk about the more super spoiler shit in this forum?

I mean, if you want to claim you know shit, at least use the wiki not other people's spoiler or the short hand note.

Also, yeah we totally can talk shit about Isekai, cause the quality is objectively higher.

Additionally, when did you get the feeling Mikoto can contribute to the main stuff, her role was the witness, a lot of character want stuff, Touma wanted his life to stop sucking and Aleister to stop digging his own grave, doesn't mean it happens. In the grand cosmos scale, what man want is but a tiny speck, do what you can and pray to god that it works. Mikoto tried and prayed, it didn't work, since she fundamentally is lack a role in this hundred year play. Besides Touma never fight alone, he just never brings Mikoto cause she is useless most of the times, and he have enough on his plate already, dragging a deadweight around would get him killed faster most of the time.
ap1001Mar 5, 2019 3:02 PM
Mar 8, 2019 12:43 PM

Feb 2019
Really accelerator did not deserve to lose against touma, after so long accel has become much better than, him simply for not being the protagonist does not have the script on his part.
Mar 9, 2019 7:20 AM
Jun 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Aplope said:

You clearly have no idea what are you saying, didn't you? If you said we are irrelevant then so is yours. Why would we care about your opinion or listen to yours if you're just as irrelevant as us too?

Also, please don't starts crying when your favorite manga/light novel series got a shitty anime adaptation like this.

You don't even have enough of a grasp on english to try and comunicate yourself. Take a pause there, your brain may overheat.

I'm not directing my bitching towards the show or the anime creators, but you, the bitchy monkey brained users from mal. That's the difference in how relevant or not my and yours opinions are. Your intended target won't never reply because they don't care what some bitchy prick living in some random shithole cares. On the other hand, my inteded target is you, and other pricks like you, and it did reach you!! Even if it doesn't acomplish nothing, the message id passed while you stoneheads are literally taking to walls and annoy everyone else in the process.

And, for your information, I couldn't care less about the manga or the anime. I didn't even read the manga and think the show itself is full of bullshit. What I do care is comming into an ep discussion forum and having to put up with idiots like you and their meaningless, childish, rants. And use the brains, ffs, if I were annoyed about a shitty adaptions and were as petty as you, I'd be ranting against the show in some thread or another... You should be able to infer that on your own...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

» I like how mistreated those Anime girls are lol

KhoaVN - Dec 2, 2023

8 by KhoaVN »»
Dec 2, 2023 8:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.