Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 10, 2018 8:46 AM

Apr 2016
Huy said:
Wow all the hate just because it wasn't crazy over the top kill la kill and it wasn't psycho pathetic Shinji from Evangelion. No craziness for the insane people and no scum Shinji to lift the self esteem of the sad anxiety ridden other half of the audience.

You can tell I'm right by seeing how people who hated it still watched it till the end. So desperate to gratify above mentioned cravings am I right? Or living a sad boring life so they don't have anything better to do than torture themselves with stuff they don't even like.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this anime and I quite enjoy witnessing the masochistic behavior of the haters too :D

So clearly we can't hate it for being narratively broken, for having world-building that is fractured and/or unexplored in every which way imaginable, for taking an asinine, out of nowhere turn without any worthwhile follow-up, for trying desperately to make us feel for pathetically written mannequins with heinous dialogue, or for disappointing on a visual or entertainment level, right? Clearly, it's because it wasn't bombastic enough (it wasn't a thrilling spectacle despite the fights, colors, and increasing sense of scale) and because we didn't have broken, self-loathing people as protagonists (except Hiro and Zero-Two were blatantly broken and self-loathing people all the way from episode 1 to episode 23). Clearly, we can't watch to see if this show gets better or because we want to talk about it in its entirety.

Also, wow do you really want to hit the "fuck Shinji because he ran away from traumatic experiences and being a mentally damaged human being dealing with these things and occasionally manning up but that clearly never matters because he cried and ran away a few times" bandwagon. At least he and the Evangelion cast act like actual human beings with hobbies and multiple personality traits, Shinji included.
Sep 15, 2018 8:33 AM

Sep 2017
peetza said:
I can't believe this shit wasted my time with flimsy ass characters and disgraced the mecha genre just to make some commentary on how we treat the planet and don't spend enough time on interpersonal relationships. Almost every episode I found myself wishing out loud for tragedy to befall everyone in this show.

I think people usually drop the series in this kind of situation..

ボールルームダンサー
Oct 3, 2018 5:46 PM

Nov 2015

Well, I don't fill like making an entire post about my complains. I enjoyed the show but I still noticed some random BS, fanservice disguised as plot, and whatnot. The anime started normal, overhyper even, with little to no explanations. As it advanced, giving more and more questions, only by the second half of the anime it started giving us lore, history, explanations, past, future, etc. The anime got a lot better by the end of first half but then peaked at episode 20 I think? I don't remember but it stopped. Then the new aliens came... the princess disappeared (all the buildup for that...shame) and the spacial arc started... oh god...

Well, good-ish things regarding this episode, this... epilogue:

- I'm happy for all the couples, really. They made me smile =) which was something I was not expecting to. Goro got to be with Ichigo, Mitsuru and Kokoro stayed together (I don't know why they have not recovered their memories fully yet)
- I'm sorry for Ikuno, who still grew old prematurely =(
- Boi, Are you saying our beautiful and perfect Nana is gonna be young looking for like...for ever? B O I. Hachi, you lucky bastard. By the way, I found it so funny and wholesome how he kept trying to sound like he didn't have emotions... dude was a bag full of feelings since episode 20ish. Nice Kudere there, Hachi.
- The massive passage of time scene was a good resource for the audience to feel the pain of the years going by, leaving lives behind; seeing how the sakura tree grew more and more and the civilization behind it expanded... and how "Hiro" and "Zero Two" met again. I admit it was cute. I mean, the passing years scene per se touched me more than Hiro and Zero two, not gonna lie xD

ArrRti said:

- maneuvering a FranXX with a boy and a girl doggy style was more than unnecessary

It's Trigger, boy, they've have done it before. They love to make fanservice part of the lore. You know what they love more than that? Getting away with it xD

Yeah, very late into the series (I ended up not being against explaining the lore this late) they explain some things, you know, lore rules, but still... WHY? It's just because. There's no much jiggle-room. They wanted it to be like that and they made it like it.
ArrRti said:

- Hiro's miraculous regeneration at ep6 , which can/could be explained later on, because he drank 02's blood

Still, I wouldn't call it an explanation. I don't know what that was or why it stopped. It just did.
ArrRti said:

- a beach episode...

Trigger doing Trigger things and getting away with it cause... PLOT DEVICES!
ArrRti said:

- Strelizia Apus' design with Zero Two as a giant mecha. Seriously?! It'd be enough if Hiro could speak with 02 through their minds instead of showing something that ridicoulous.

I swear I felt the same. I was like "I think I'm gonna vomit" while facepalming. What the F was that? Couldn't they make something less embarrassing and cringy? It was painful to watch, honestly.

ArrRti said:

- beating the final showdown through the power of friendship, many galaxies from each other away, Deus Ex machina much. Although it still isn't as bad as for example the finale of "Soul Eater".

I was about to rise my hands into the air so I could give some energy for Goku's genkidama.
Oct 4, 2018 3:44 PM

Mar 2016
Alright, it's time for me to spill out all that I have to say about all of this...

I was so happy to see Mitsuru's and Kokoro's child being born! A child named Ai. It seems like Mitsuru's and Kokoro's memories won't ever be restored, but the way as it's going now seems like that won't be a problem as they'll create the memories all over again!

Strelizia Alpha/apath final battle was incredibly awesome! And seeing how this golden true form Strelizia finishes the implementation of the bomb was just epic! Followed by that is the farewell and promise of full blue Hiro and full red Zero 2, confessing their love again as they disappear along with the VIRM's planet. Their sacrifice is the beginning of a bright future for mankind...

Wow! So the returned klaxosaurs enters into the Earth and give life energy to the whole planet. Even more chance of rebuo=ilding society!

And now... The survivors continue on with their life, re-learning, re-building, re-everything good to create a world in which they'll be able to live their life. After the 8 years time skip, the changes were apparent. Squad 13 have started to create families together with their prospective partners, more kids are better in this situation, to repopulate the Earth! Besides that, I love how the squad found a job such as Zorome being a teacher, Futoshi being a baker and Ikuno being a scientist.

I just really love how beautifully presented it is when showing the audience how times have flown by. From the moment Squad 13 stand underneath the Sakura tree reflecting on how much of an impact Hiro and Zero 2 was on the squad as a whole, until the time where society ahs been reestablished, where skyscapers fill the sky magnificently and until the incarnations of Hiro and Zero 2 have finally reunited back together, fulfilling their promises with each other and with the whole squad.

Meanwhile, immortals such as Hachi and Nana acts as the overseer of humanity through time. Am I blind or what?! Did I not notice the sailing ship of Hachi X Nana!?

Well, one thing for sure is that Darling in the FranXX is a rereshing show that quite rarely shows up. The feeling of watching a show together where nobody has ever seen before felt like a spectacular journey. By no means is this show perfect or even close to it. And the ending itself was quite predictable, but by no means was it all bad. This show was fucking litttt! And the happy ending filled with hopes and dreams is like the ultimate cherry on top, sealing everything this show had to offer was the reunion of Hiro's and Zero 2's incarnations.

What an excellent show... Joyful tears are literally swelling up in my eyes righr now, and it feels nice.

Of course this show has its similarities with Evangelion, some even being almost literally a blatant ripoff of Eva. But the way it's presented is different and I like that. All the things that make Darling in the FranXX different, however small or big make it clear to me that an amazing show is an amazing show, whether it be an original idea or ideas that were inspired by other media.
ShadowkillZOct 4, 2018 3:52 PM
Oct 6, 2018 3:39 PM
Jul 2011
I didn't feel as angry about the ending as most others mainly because I didn't feel the series was that great during the first half anyways. It always felt like the romance between Hiro and Zero Two was over focused and forced, everything else around that was just supplement for that idea instead of being their own properly thought out ideas and world-building. It felt more like a bad version of Eureka Seven instead of Eva to me with Trigger type sexual metaphors sprinkled all around (mainly the first half, was kind of toned down during the second half).

Stuff like Zorome and old lady episode showed that maybe there could have been more interesting things to the series but once they did the whole wrap up of how Hiro actually meet Zero Two from back in the past the series just hammered out that romance between those two at the expense of everything else. The revelation of VIRM being the real enemy and not klaxo so late into the series was just the final nail in the coffin. There was way too much info dumping all of a sudden in the Dr.Franxx focused episode. That could have been fleshed out more naturally through out the series.

Oh well it's not the worst series ever or anything, just underwhelming.

Gen2K_Oct 6, 2018 3:43 PM
Oct 8, 2018 12:53 AM

Feb 2012
After episode 20, I feel like like this series got real crazy, real fast. Introduction of a 3rd party and, not just any normal 3rd party, a freakin' universe-consuming, planet destroying hive mind species from another universe.

Now, I'm not saying I didn't like this series but I just feel like too many tropes were being crammed into this series. It went from a Blue Gender to a Guilty Crown and ended with a Gurren Lagann.

This was a series that came close to hitting a lot of good marks, but fell short of each.
"The speck of fear grows in your eyes
You'll meet your death in no disguise
It may come as a small surprise
There will be no compromise for you"

- Nikopol Lyrics, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Oct 13, 2018 4:58 AM

Oct 2015
Late to write in this episode discussions, but like the majority here said, this ending totally bad.
Oct 14, 2018 2:03 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was the perfect conclusion, sorry your ship was ruined anons.
Oct 14, 2018 2:05 AM

Aug 2017
What level of gravedigging is this?
Anyway I loved this anime. Not the ending I was expecting (or maybe I was) but turned out well and full of feelings. Left me feeling empty for a week.
Oct 14, 2018 9:49 AM
Oct 2018
Confucius said:
Yeah I really wanted to post on the individual episodes to ask for explanation because I was really confused with their unverse in the beginning.

Tbh, I am still a bit confused and I kinda have to draw my own conclusions. but if any1 here knows the inside and out, please explain it to me.
for the universe side of it basiclly we, humans, have over developed the earth and are using a source of fuel that is further destroying the planet. Thats what makes the magma tubes energy so important as it powers everything. The people in this world have been developed soley to fight the enemy that atose during the mining of the magma and as such were not given emtion or empathy, at least not to a normal degree, thats what makes the main charexters so different they were the first batch to be given full emotions and free thinking.
Oct 14, 2018 6:01 PM

Jun 2017
dc22 said:

Which ship got ruined lol?
Oct 15, 2018 2:58 AM

Oct 2013
Ariavartan said:
dc22 said:

Which ship got ruined lol?

Zero Two and Hiro never got the happy ending the others did, reincarnation doesn't count.
Oct 15, 2018 4:53 AM

Jun 2017
dc22 said:
Zero Two and Hiro never got the happy ending the others did, reincarnation doesn't count.

Not really, they got the happiest ending amongst all characters. The ending is literally a combination of diebuster, angel beats and your name. And all of them are conventionally considered as happy/positive endings. None of the other ships got as much of a happy ending as them. Even Nishigori himself stated that it was a happy ending.

I dunno about you but I think constantly coming back from dead and then falling in love with my gf and being soulmates again and again is pretty much a happy ending to me.

And don't say it doesn't count because the show showed it and it did count.

Phendrus explained it better than I did.
AriavartanOct 15, 2018 5:02 AM
Oct 15, 2018 6:54 AM

Dec 2015
I recently just watched the series in a couple of days in a binge. I really, really liked the anime, like a lot. But, I didn't quite feel right about the ending. I thought at first it was just because I wanted to see the protagonists make it back alive and that I just didn't buy into reincarnation, and it is partly true, I don't. Even in the story's fictional context, I can't help but feel that every iteration of the supposed soul is its own unique being. I don't consider the two children at the end the protagonists at all. So, for me at least, it is as if they really died. Considering I cared about those two more than everyone else (not surprising giving their story focus and screen time) this alone would be enough to make the ending bittersweet for me (I'm not a fan of bittersweet).

However, that conclusion didn't feel right either. There was something else that was nagging me. As I woke up today, it finally hit me. The reincarnation thing aside, what got under my skin was...the over importance of collective humanity in the end. Think about it. Up til the very end, 02 saw what her race was as a beast and didn't want her lover Hiro to be like her. They both died after he fully transformed. No remnant of the queen or the two made it back to join with humanity and reclaim the earth with them. Rather, the Klaxosaurs alone came back to act as a means for just humans to carry on. Even amongst humanity, Ikuno, the lesbian (or bi) character amongst the main cast gave her all so that everyone else could go on and procreate and live full lives. She ultimately dies alone without a lover.

What all that was boiling down for me is a message that if you aren't able to contribute to the collective of humanity by procreating to push humanity on, you should instead sacrifice your life in other ways for its benefit and be revered for that work by humanity. While I do see the notion of that message noble in a way, I also find it, well, as I said before, giving over importance on the collective of humanity. I do think it's important to continue one's species, but it shouldn't be a big deal for those who don't fit into that role to have fully normal lives alongside it. It shouldn't mean you have to sacrifice your life to make up for your lack of (human) procreation.

A more ideal ending for me would be one where the Klaxo-sapiens aren't seen as beasts by the story's narrative. For 02 and everyone else to realize it doesn't matter what you are, but who you are. I think it would of been much better for 02 and Hiro to have made it back with the surviving Klaxosaurs and went to live on with their friends, having Klaxo-sapien children that grow up alongside with humankind and ultimately share earth together. I also don't think it would of been bad at all for Ikuno to have found someone by the end of her life as well.

Clearly, humans are capable of great moral wrongs by this story's own events. A human can easily be like a beast. But, the ending doesn't seem to let this facet of its very own story add nuance to its final note. That's what bothers me. So yeah, for me, it isn't really a happy ending. It's a forced bittersweet one, likely resonating with the director's view on humanity and perhaps even their religious views with the whole reincarnation thing. I'd still rate the series a 9 / 10 overall for me, as I really enjoyed this show. But, I can't give it a perfect 10 despite my mostly positive feelings for it due to its conclusion. Heck, I probably should give it an 8 in all honesty, but I'd rather focus on all the positive vibes I got from the show than the sour note at the end.

So, yeah, that's my take on the ending, or well, how I truly felt about it. I can see how it can be viewed as a happy ending by others, but that isn't the case for me at all, and so I have to be true to myself on that point. An almost perfect anime for my viewing experience.
Info-ChanOct 15, 2018 10:01 AM
(ʘ ཀ ) Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Mᴇ—sᴏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ I ᴍᴀʏ Cᴏɴsᴜᴍᴇ Yᴏᴜ ( ཀ ʘ)
Oct 15, 2018 8:14 PM

Jun 2017
Info-Chan said:
I recently just watched the series in a couple of days in a binge. I really, really liked the anime, like a lot. But, I didn't quite feel right about the ending.

You are not wrong in thinking like that. I already made a statement that this is a classic case of esoteric happy ending that only very few can really consider as a happy ending. The ending of Angel Beats worked there because the show spent episodes to show that the soul is a very unique being and each iteration being the same person considering its a romcom taking place in after life. The ending of Your Name worked there because the show spent its time to show that even if they forgot everything, its still them and feelings for each other is still the same as when they remembered it. And the ending of Diebuster is a straight up happy ending where they did survive.

On the other hand here the show not only never bothered to explain the nature of souls within the context of the show, it was never really brought up until in the last episode, we have no idea who those kids to actually care are as it was just a 10s epilogue scene and its not a straight up happy ending like diebuster.
AriavartanOct 15, 2018 9:32 PM
Oct 16, 2018 9:00 AM

Oct 2010
i regret watching past episode 19

fucking trainwreck

can never see zero 2 the same way any more
lots of music -
Oct 16, 2018 12:04 PM
Feb 2016
unexpected ending but still im enjoy the series...
Oct 28, 2018 1:37 PM
Oct 2018
A satisfying ending.
Nov 1, 2018 3:44 AM

Aug 2018
Huy said:
Wow all the hate just because it wasn't crazy over the top kill la kill and it wasn't psycho pathetic Shinji from Evangelion. No craziness for the insane people and no scum Shinji to lift the self esteem of the sad anxiety ridden other half of the audience.

You can tell I'm right by seeing how people who hated it still watched it till the end. So desperate to gratify above mentioned cravings am I right? Or living a sad boring life so they don't have anything better to do than torture themselves with stuff they don't even like.

Well I thoroughly enjoyed this anime and I quite enjoy witnessing the masochistic behavior of the haters too :D

I like your attitude. These whiners and small minds are just too much. I liked it too.

Phendrus said:
Ariavartan said:

Was it really a happy ending? I have seen enough people considering it a tragedy especially on /a/ and very few who consider it a happy ending. I think it was a bit inconclusive. Maybe an extended epilogue OVA would fix my complains but for now I kind of consider this a case of esoteric happy ending.

"Inconclusive?" What, do you think a piano fell on them as soon as the camera cut to black, or that reincarnated Zero Two turned out to have some sort of terminal illness?

A story doesn't have to explicitly state "happy ending" (or some other form of ending) for that ending to be clear. Given everything that they said to each other during/after the final battle, the significance of the tree, and the throwbacks to their first, fateful meeting, it couldn't be more clear that the intended takeaway was that they fell in love again and lived happily together.

I mean, I suppose the show could have been more clear by being exceedingly blunt and writing "happily ever after" at the end, but that would have been pretty flippin' trite.

Don't get me wrong: I'd definitely be down for an OVA showing their lives after their reincarnation (preferably involving the two recovering their memories of their past lives.) I'm just saying it's clear what ending was supposed to be portrayed by the last scene. Any deviation from that ending would either A) be baseless, meaningless speculation that runs counter to everything that came before, or B) require some kind of sequel to kick it off.

In this way, the ending is much like that of Steins;Gate.

Edit: Of course, you're free to disagree with me, but if you choose to do so, answer me this: If you don't think it was clearly a "happy ending," what alternative ending have you been given any strong reason to suspect?
i agree with you, it was a damn good ending. Darling was a great series from start to finish.
NoviSunNov 1, 2018 12:10 PM
Nov 7, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2015
I would of felt better if some things would of changed, but its over now and im not gonna watch it ever again.
So many boobs in fairy tail, it's crazy.
Nov 8, 2018 11:57 PM

Jan 2011
Was good in the beginning, should have ended the series at episode 16 where they just all live happily ever after in their life dome or whatever or at episode 21 where they chase VIRM off planet earth and all start a new life on earth and let the future generation deal with VIRM. Whatever, I'll still watch episode 13 every once in awhile for my demon Loli fix
Nov 21, 2018 3:54 PM
Nov 2018
How frustrating. The show felt really ,really good for 18 episodes. Just good fun character development that worked despite some heavy handed themes. Then it just got confused and you didnt get as much of what you liekd for the first 16 episodes. A smaller scope here would have been fine because you were so invested in squad 13's personal story. You don't need to save the universe. Just save these kids.

I didnt understand all the hate it was getting once i got past the fan service in the first few episodes. Now I get it.

They blue balled us.
Nov 22, 2018 5:19 PM

Jul 2017
Just finished it.

Was the space thing dumb? Completely. I'd much prefer a generic all-out battle on Earth than this, but I'll forgive it since it only lasted 2 episodes (a flaw in itself), and that what we saw happening on Earth was really good.
Yeah, reincarnation was kind of a lazy ending, but it's much better than having them show up exactly how it was.
Overall, I really like it. The last 2 episodes were lukewarm, but considering everything before it was really good, I can forgive it mostly.
Masterpiece? No. Miles better than your average seasonal? Yes.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Dec 7, 2018 6:15 AM

Jun 2012
Truly "impressive", on different levels.

I said last episode (23) felt like it moved extremely fast. Well this episode packed in 10 years excluding the last couple minutes which passed how many decades/generations.

So many (basically all) characters I didn't care for, as they felt less like characters and more like gears to turn plot points. So many things unexplained - just "this happens, then that happens!" without making any sense (or even trying to). These weren't trivial things either, they were crucial to the story. It felt like this anime combined 5+ previous anime series.. No, not combined, but (s)mashed.

The good news is I figured it'd be mediocre from the beginning and only chose to watch it for all its memes popularity. Despite being 24 episodes I remained entertained (again, truly "impressive") throughout. There were actually one or two moments that I felt were unique and memorable to this series, which is more than I expected.

Dec 25, 2018 9:50 PM

Jun 2015
i liked the anime overall, really wasn't a fan of the space thing. didn't find it necessary and after episode 19 i was kind of confused most of the way through. this anime isn't a masterpiece in my eyes, but it's entertaining. 6/10
Dec 31, 2018 10:02 AM

Dec 2013
No bitter ending at all. Happy ending!
Jan 5, 2019 10:20 PM
Aug 2017
I'm crying so bad right now I feel like my body went out of water. I simply don't know what to say it's been a while since I last watched an anime, I thought I just didn't like it anymore but after this, I wanna watch even more. I feel terribly sad but also happy. Thanks for making such a beautiful anime. Enough talking. Ok. Bye!~ 💙♥️
chamomilleteeaJan 5, 2019 10:25 PM
Jan 11, 2019 2:41 AM

Apr 2016
It wasn't flaming garbage. Nor was it a masterpiece. Z2 does stand out a lot even though it was somewhat confusing why she would be calling Hiro darling at first when she doesn't call any one of her other partners 'darling'. If it was established that she only call the one that she loved darling, the boy in the snow, why did she do so if she didn't know at first Hiro was the same boy she met 10 years ago, call him darling? There was also an instance when she looked visibly disturbed when Hiro didn't kiss her, and she laments being a monster in his eyes, so she doesn't know or does she? Also, why was there an old man piloting the FranXX with her back in Episode One?

Adding to the ending which I thought fit the already confusing nature of the anime. I guess that's just the type of story Japan likes to write.
Jan 12, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2011
Quite disappointed with the ending ._.

Jan 13, 2019 5:48 PM

May 2017
YOU get pregnart!
YOU get pregante!
EVERYBODY getting pregananant!
Jan 14, 2019 11:25 AM
Apr 2018
If MAL hadn't been down when this aired, I think this ep would've hit a record for forum responses. Episode 14 has 1400... IDk, it's something I just came up with.
Jan 14, 2019 1:50 PM

Oct 2018
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-01-14/kentaro-yabuki-says-darling-in-the-franxx-manga-will-have-major-divergences-from-the-anime/.141952

To Love-Ru and DARLING in the FRANXX manga artist Kentaro Yabuki posted a special message on December 30 on the Shonen Jump+ website, where the DARLING in the FRANXX manga is currently being serialized. He thanked readers for their support for the past year of the manga's serialization, and said that starting from the next issue (chapter 37), the story will begin to have major divergences from the anime.

DARLING in the FRANXX is an original science-fiction television anime by Studio Trigger and A-1 Pictures. It began broadcast in January last year alongside Yabuki's manga adaptation, and concluded its run in July. The manga is still ongoing. Chapter 37 was published on Shonen Jump+ on Sunday, and will be free to read for a limited time.

Yabuki said that so far he has been incorporating gradual changes in the manga version, but that the latest chapter represents a turning point. He describes the direction of the story as "the ultimate what-if route," and said that presenting an alternate story is the reason why the manga version has continued past the conclusion of the anime.

Jan 17, 2019 11:29 PM
Jan 2019
KAPAN KELUAR Y SESION KE 2....??
Jan 18, 2019 10:34 PM
Nov 2016
Boring, the final part is predictable and a bit like the old mecha anime
Jan 19, 2019 8:30 PM

Oct 2018
Reigokyuu said:
Boring, the final part is predictable and a bit like the old mecha anime

Which is why the manga what-if route is exciting.
Jan 31, 2019 11:32 PM

Oct 2014
i put off watching this for the longest time and honestly, when i started it i was not into it at all and seriously considered dropping it around episode nine. while the whole “virm is the real enemy” thing that popped out at the very last minute has me confused, i really enjoyed the relationship-centered parts of this, and although it seems the ending has a lot of people mixed, the whole episode had me in tears. i thought it was very beautiful and bittersweet, and i’m glad that zero two got to reunite with her darling in the end

8/10
Feb 2, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
Yeah I had similar feelings. Show was alright, better than the MAL Nobility made out. I didn't bump into as much issues as they made out... and it kept me from watching for so long.

My only gripe was not getting a satisfying release for Zero Two and Hiro. Always busts my OCD the reencarnation; their squadmates will just believe they have died and the new characters aren't... them. The real people we saw on the show are deep space dust now. However I wonder how the girl has pink hair, it doesn't seem natural in this world.

A better ending IMO, would have the original cast teaching the future generations about Hiro and 02 by reading the story book we see so much throughout the show to their children ending with the two fighting still for the future of humanity somewhere out there in space using their love bond to plod on.. wings and all as the fight isnt yet over (or so the show implies). They gave their all for humanity and earth hope some day they will be reunited.. leaves it a bittersweet open ending for the viewer.
DrPopkorneFeb 2, 2019 6:42 AM
Feb 7, 2019 12:35 PM

Oct 2017
I gave it a good 8/10 in the end, that's a pretty powerful end even if it's slightly WTF.
There are emotions and our characters grew up and built a better world, it's sad for Zero Two and Hiro but they were at peace so it's fine.

That's great because because the show bored me a lot in the first 8 episodes, so much that I stopped watching it back then before coming back to it this week.
Feb 7, 2019 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
I think this show gets more hate than it deserves, but that tends to happen when people bandwagon things and think in a group mentality. That said though, I give it a 7/10. First half was alright, ranged between 5 - 7/10, but was interesting enough to keep going. Second half I liked a lot more, 7 - 9/10. If I really like the ending run of a show I tend to score a bit higher but this show had so many things ripped off that I think a basic 7 is a fair final score.
Feb 17, 2019 2:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Was good till episode 17, i just punch my wall and made a hole cause of the final, first half 9/10 then 1/10 so ~5/10 overall
Mar 10, 2019 8:33 PM
Jun 2017
So in the end, this was that terrible calamity the bitches arounf here were moaning about? Was this so terrible to warrant fuck knows how many threads ranting like childs?

Yeah, it was a bit messy and rushed, but so were KLK and GL for a lot of episodes too, including their endings.

To be fair, I'd have it without the endings of any of this shows. The imagery, metaphors and onirism are too present in these type of works and it's the reason why so many western media series (Galactica's final) or games (Mass Effect 3) get so much stick too. It's too easy to delve into the phylosophical when the story gets out of hand...

Anyways, even if rehashed, the show has a lot to stand proud of and even if not too original, it's still enjoyable and quality. The "infranet creatures" might want you to believe otherwise but it's been a critical success and a notable show overall. The teen sexual innuendos (no, that's not fanservice you morons) were excellent metaphors too.

PS. I love the blood boiling haters reactions to the kokoro storyline. That's life. Learn to.deal with it. You can't expect all animes to idealize relationships or life to mold to ones ideals.
Mar 24, 2019 6:52 AM

May 2016
This reminded me of Qualidea code, especially around episode 19-21 the real antagonist was showed and it was amazing. This anime made me so emotional, I really had hard timing to finish it because I don't want it to end. It's the best.
Mar 28, 2019 8:05 AM
Jun 2014
this started out good, showed potential to be great, then ended up as a lovechild between aldnoah.zero and guilty crown

giant semi-naked zero two ftw
Apr 19, 2019 12:15 PM
Mar 2018
I'm satisfied with this ending. There are still lots of things we don't really understand but besides that this show was wonderful. 10/10 in my book.
May 27, 2019 7:33 PM
Oct 2014
took me a long time to finish this show but, it was somewhat worth it. But the ending seemed a little rushed, they took a lot of episodes to built the caracthers and their bonds of relationship, to the final strike be that, just a strike.
May 31, 2019 2:08 PM
May 2019
I loved it - It was pretty straightforward and predictable but it was well done and the end was very emotional .It gets a lot of hate like all things these days but I appreciate it for what it was, not what I wanted it to be or what I would have done . A good love story
Jun 12, 2019 10:16 AM

Jun 2009
Now that I finished it after seeing so many rants about this anime, I can definitely say its not as bad as people made it out to be. The theme of the anime is simple, yet bittersweet and I think they managed to convey it decently throughout the anime with the characters and their relationships. Ending wise, I liked it. It wasn't the greatest, but I think it concluded the series well enough.

I give it an 8/10. Def enjoyed it.

Jun 14, 2019 1:42 PM
May 2019
I really enjoyed watching DITFxx. But I think the ending was weird, I first of don't like the idea of them dying. I don't like endings like that, second is just the way they rushed it. The end was way too complex. I still enjoyed watching though. I cried in a lot of episodes, and generally though good of it until the end. I do think another season is possible just not with the same characters - "Darling" And "002" but their minds and souls could be passed to the kids we see at the end, where it also says "And so another story begins." It could be a sign for a new season, or just to show that something similar to the story might happen again, we just don't get to see that

I really think it's sad it had to end as it did. Really, it ruined me for some time, I was really down. Even now if i think about it I might get tears in my eyes, if you think I'm a wuss. then maybe, I just like to put myself into the characters "shoes,"and imagine im the person that lost someone or was the one that died.
Jun 16, 2019 7:44 AM
Jan 2019
The ending was not really to my liking, focusing on Zero Two and Hero, but of the other characters if it touched my heart and I almost cried with emotion.
I think a different ending for Hiro and Zero Two would have been much better. They also deserved to be happy alongside their peers, who became their family ... their friends.

Regarding the anime in general:
It's amazing. I loved it from the beginning. A unique, captivating and incredible story that catches you as you go. Mecas, klaxosaurs, a beautiful antagonist (Zero Two), nice characters that develop over time, some ecchi and comedy, action, romance, drama, mystery, fiction, a beautiful opening and incredible endings. What more could ask? I can only say "good work" and "thank you".
Psdt: Since we did not have a pre-anime manga, the spoilers avoided us and the emotion was preserved, I loved that.

Believe me that had it been a different ending, I would have given 10/10 to this anime that caused me many emotions during its broadcast. I cried, I laughed, it moved me. It was really good while hard.
Jul 28, 2019 9:21 AM
Apr 2019
This anime made me cry for real why 002 and 016 have to die why? They were truly in love for real why they didn't come back home I cry but it was a little better wen reincarnation of 016 002 meet but srsly I hate creator that made so sad 😭😭😭
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

356 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2018

410 by poscula »»
May 1, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

598 by poscula »»
Apr 28, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

566 by paulocosmico »»
Apr 26, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 24, 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.