Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 9, 2018 3:15 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty good episode, though, Schenkopp's character design really threw me off. He probably looks the most different from how he looked in the original OVA

I'm excited for the next episode, sad that this season's already halfway finished :(
May 9, 2018 4:15 PM

Jan 2013
Really missing my boy Dusty
May 9, 2018 4:28 PM

Mar 2017
Schenkopp is really awesome in this episode, his VA is pretty good as well. At first glance he appears to be a bump but after the conversation with Yang I really like how they put him that way. Can't to see:

Oberstein's performance in this episode is also noticeable despite the limit time, truly lives up to his motto
May 9, 2018 7:37 PM

Jan 2011
enjoying Yang and i liked his speech ,hearing the change to the rosen sounds odd

i knew it was gonna be a dangerous job but nobody said it was gonna be a god damn deathstar , just glad were gonna see some boots on the ground thought it was only be space warfare
May 9, 2018 8:10 PM

Jun 2011
I'm glad no one has yet thought that OVA Frederica is better than this version. She looked like an animu soccer mom and she kinda did just that for the majority of the old series. This version is much more appropriate given her role in the story.

I really dislike how they changed Murai and the Rosen Ritters into bearded, "manly men." It's like some hamfisted attempt to be "Western friendly." Doesn't help that Schenkopp got prettier which throws off the whole unit's badass aura.

Other than that, good episode.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
May 9, 2018 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
thesarcasticguy said:
Are they changing the sequence of events or are they just skipping Over Reinhard's parts because they didn't show Reinhard forming his new Admiralty and they skipped over the Kastorp rebellion....
I think they're putting Alliance episodes earlier because of this:
https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/994413742619152384

So they might be letting Umehara recover before coming back to voice.
May 9, 2018 9:16 PM

Nov 2010
Mayuka said:
thesarcasticguy said:
Are they changing the sequence of events or are they just skipping Over Reinhard's parts because they didn't show Reinhard forming his new Admiralty and they skipped over the Kastorp rebellion....
I think they're putting Alliance episodes earlier because of this:
https://twitter.com/comic_natalie/status/994413742619152384

So they might be letting Umehara recover before coming back to voice.

I doubt it. This is the original novel timeline and makes much more sense for the current anime adaptation direction which has been streamlining events in order to make them more newcomer friendly and less jumpy. Empire side will most likely shown up after the Iserlorn arc.
May 9, 2018 11:01 PM

Mar 2016
what have they done to murai
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
May 10, 2018 2:17 AM

Oct 2008
Oh my! The feelings that I felt through-out this episode was different! can't explain it by word but it feels majestic!
The script, the OST, the seriousness! everything! damn! feels like every bit of production is carefully refined to produce best result...anyway that planetary cannon is too overpowered but seems like The Hero of El Facil - Yang is another top singularity!
5/5.

May 12, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2013
Frederica, stop flirting with Yang!

I'm excited for what's to come... I'm not sure I like how much time is spent on setup. They don't have that many episodes...
May 13, 2018 6:58 PM

Sep 2009
Still a shame that we only really got like two sentences dedicated to explaining why an attack on Iserlohn is the stuff of madness. Rest of the episode was pretty solid, though. Good introduction for Frederica, establishes her as the series' Action Girl (at least until Katerose von Kreuzer shows up) pretty quickly. Also, Oberstein's new design and voice are really growing on me, despite my initial shock at how different he was.

That being said I can't abide the new Schenkopf. He's supposed to be pure testosterone in human form, for fuck's sake! Here he has one of the most generic designs in this series. And while I absolutely love Shinichiro Miki he really feels miscast here - he feels too understated to play a character whose role in the story is mostly just to slay men in combat by the hundreds and sleep with every woman he comes into contact with. It bugs me even more knowing that he'd have been the perfect actor to play Reuenthal and should probably have been cast as him instead.
May 17, 2018 1:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
All is ready to encroach Inserholn Fortress with the Rossen-ritter to the head!!!! kekeke
It´s an infiltration tactic, similar to Troya´s Horse!!! kekeke
Aug 9, 2018 8:39 PM

May 2012
Ah yes this epic moment, that sure wrapped up quite impressively for a first episode of a two parter if you ask me! Really looking forwards to see what happens next.
Apr 13, 2019 4:39 PM
Nov 2015
Watch episode 6 of both the original and the remake back to back and you will realize how much of a trainwreck die neue these is
Sep 13, 2019 1:43 PM

Feb 2019
At this point I have no illusions that this will surpass the OVA series, however I am not at all turned off by this adaption of the novels. I feel like few other studios could pull off a sci-fi that is as grandiose as this one is in the current state of seasonal animes (for those who have not seen the original this is only the beginning of a long journey).

With what Production I.G has given us in the past this is clearly the type of series they thrive on and I have every reason to trust them with handling LoGH from what I have seen so far.
Nov 19, 2019 4:02 PM

Aug 2018
Love this anime and very good episode
Feb 11, 2020 5:01 AM

Jun 2009
damn frederica looks different and apparently she knows judo now
Dec 29, 2020 5:43 AM

Jan 2009
the secretary of Yang named Frederica is beautiful and have photographic memory eh and she is a good fighter too

ye Yang says it there is no permanent peace but only temporary peace so we must delay war as much as possible thats the only way to have that temporary peace

lets see how they will capture that important strategic planet
Jun 14, 2021 5:30 PM

Jul 2012
So why did they change the Rosen Ritter's introduction doing a complete 180?
And my husbando Walter looks better and more badass in the OVA, I'm sorry.

Frederica is finally oficially introduced!

And where in the world is Dusty??
Dec 25, 2021 9:46 AM
Nov 2020
Schönkopf is supposed to be 32 at the beginning of the show. And while I like his design from the OVAs more, he looked like he was in his 40’s there, and sounded even older. He doesn’t look too young here at all, it’s the other way around.
Jun 30, 2023 1:18 AM

Aug 2019
Oh the girl is the little girl that gave him coffee back then. Time sure flew by.

I don’t feel comfortable when people flirt with her since she was a child not so long ago 💀

Walter is hot, I cannot denied the facts.

What was the look, Walter.

Oh woah, Yang is already planning on retiring.

Yang’s speech about peace was intriguing

13th fleet assemble!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.