Forum Settings
Forums

Do you want to be in a relationship right now?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 28, 2017 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Awaken-Mist said:
hibadaddy said:
I would prefer to be in a relationship. I'm a pretty lonely guy all around, and so having someone in my life to do shit with would be fun, among other things. Also I know its horrible, but having someone to disappoint is always good.

yeah i am pretty sure having someone would make things so much better and time so much more enjoyable
however why would you want to disappoint ?

Honestly, I'm not sure. I'm just another weirdo I guess.
Dec 28, 2017 5:10 PM

Apr 2013
maybe i do maybe i don't idk, i'd rather it not be a choice
Dec 28, 2017 6:08 PM
Apr 2011
I've come to realize that the more ambitious a person is, the less likely they are to find someone compatible with them. Especially when you combine ambition with a quirkiness.
When I say that, I don't mean to say that there are potential suitors for that position, but finding the right fit is difficult.
An ambitious person values time and relationships involves a lot of time wasting. Things such as 4hr long Facetime conversations, or all day texting. Not that these things are bad and not enjoyable...but the ambitious person will see be conflicted because they recognize the time they are wasting.

A relationship would be fine, if both are ambitious and recognize the value of time.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Dec 29, 2017 5:21 AM
Jul 2018
I'm saving it for marriage, likely when I'm 30+.
Dec 29, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2017
I've been in a relationship since September, I'd say it's nice being in one when you actually love the person you're with. Having a relationship only for wanting to have a relationship rends to make people miserable.
Dec 30, 2017 6:07 AM

Dec 2017
Yes and no.

Part of me wants a man.
But she's been outvoted recently by the rest of me that isn't ready.
Just living the life of an anime princess.
Dec 30, 2017 6:09 AM

May 2017
I wouldn't mind one right now but I have other priorities
Dec 30, 2017 6:58 AM

Mar 2014
well my relationship with my family is complicated atm so i don't think i want to drag others in ^^
but i always interested in a relationship where i can have fun~ xD
Dec 30, 2017 8:38 AM

Nov 2017
Right now? No way, fellaaaaaaaaaa. Anyway, once I graduate I'll at least consider looking for a long-term relationship. I don't regret casual dating whilst attending university, but maybe a girlfriend is what this fella needs to calm down, lol
Dec 30, 2017 9:16 AM

Aug 2016
Definitely yes, but also definitely not in a desperate sort of manner since I'm only looking for long-term relationships and not just anybody. Something that I worry from time to time is that maybe I will hit an age where it's "too late" to get into a relationship since I'm not exactly putting in too much effort to find someone.
Single life is.... alright. But it's way too boring for me.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Dec 30, 2017 9:43 AM

Sep 2014
no, I just got dumped like a sad sack of potatoes on the cold pavement. I don't think I could give my heart to someone else when it still has feelings of someone else so strongly in it.
Dec 30, 2017 9:45 AM

Sep 2017
I have no time for that shit right now, bro

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Dec 30, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2017
To be honest I don't even know if I want a relationship.
I mean no girl would even turn and look at me,I've been ugly my whole life.Plus I don't think they would like my character as well since I am a sad,low-life,depressed guy and I'm sure girls don't like that at all
But I guess it would be nice to have someone to actually care and like you the way you are(?)
"Just plain"
Dec 30, 2017 1:09 PM

Jul 2010
Cat ladies don't need relationships.
Dec 30, 2017 1:14 PM

Jun 2012
pastanini said:

Cat ladies are very content with the little furry (shit)balls, yes. Although it'd be nice to hug someone every once in a while without getting loose cat hair in every possible hole in my face.
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Dec 30, 2017 1:18 PM

Sep 2017
I've been single for almost two years now and its kind of lame imo.
my last relationship kind of fucked with me emotionally so it's been hard for me to even ask someone for their number, kms. i get waaay nervous around people i find attractive and won't even make eye contact and turn into a mumbling mess. plus, i don't think im all that attractive. average at best.
if i could be in a relationship, i totally would. rip me.
Dec 30, 2017 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
annmaryjay said:
pastanini said:

Cat ladies are very content with the little furry (shit)balls, yes. Although it'd be nice to hug someone every once in a while without getting loose cat hair in every possible hole in my face.

Ahh you just need the Lint Roller 2000! Not only will it roll away the fur but if you rub it fast enough, you can just imagine the friction as another human's warmth!
Dec 30, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2012
teddymido said:
I've been single for almost two years now and its kind of lame imo.
my last relationship kind of fucked with me emotionally so it's been hard for me to even ask someone for their number, kms. i get waaay nervous around people i find attractive and won't even make eye contact and turn into a mumbling mess. plus, i don't think im all that attractive. average at best.
if i could be in a relationship, i totally would. rip me.

Well I'm sure that'll get easier with time. I was completely shattered because of my last relationship and break up. Basically every time during the last three and a half years after the break up I've grown an immediate impenetrable force field around me someone said they really liked me and I don't feel like it's getting any easier. If it was just that I got nervous about talking to people, I have no problems with that, but every confession ... I feel like running away asap and as far as I can.

pastanini said:
Ahh you just need the Lint Roller 2000! Not only will it roll away the fur but if you rub it fast enough, you can just imagine the friction as another human's warmth!

Ooooooooh definitely need that!
Eight-Man said:
Remember, be an artist, not an autist.

"If anything simply cannot go wrong it will anyway."

~ Murphy's 5th law
Dec 30, 2017 4:41 PM

Jul 2017
For now, I'm satisfied with being single. Honestly, I'm not a very social guy outside of school, so it wouldn't work out anyways.

Shut-In Life > Relationship

Though, I've made a mistake of watching too many slice-of-life anime that feature couples, so that kind of makes me jealous.
Sorry, the user you are looking for is not available at the moment. You are currently reading text generated by APSAB or "Auto-Programmed-Signature-Mataining-Bot" (patent pending).

ERROR CODE 1979-NIPUL-W3EB
Please Install the Latest Version of MAL.OS as Some Features of Certain Signatures May Not Appear Correctly. You are currently running MAL.OS.V4. Click here to download MAL.OS.V5.

APSAB Version: Beta.99

"If Seinfeld isn't your favorite anime, then you aren't watching anime correctly."
- Me

Dec 30, 2017 4:45 PM

Aug 2009
Nah. I'm good. The single life works for me.

Dec 30, 2017 6:35 PM

Jul 2017
Relationships are overrated. So much work.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Dec 31, 2017 3:48 PM

Jun 2016
I'm in no rush to be in one, but I've always entertained the thought.

However, I haven't found anyone that's caught my interest.

And the people who do catch it are either physically or emotionally unavailable.

But perhaps that's the thrill I get out of it.

"Out of the night that conquers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul."

Dec 31, 2017 4:04 PM

Nov 2013
I don't want to be in a relationship. A relationship wouldn't make me happy. It's not what I want out of life.
Dec 31, 2017 4:28 PM
Aug 2016
I'm not into a relationship and not planning to be. I like being single, and I plan to stay that way.
Dec 31, 2017 5:23 PM

Jul 2012
I mean whatever happens happens, Right now I do not care, maybe I will in 10 years. People need different things at different ages.
Dec 31, 2017 5:30 PM

Dec 2016
Give me someone who can satisfy my materialistic needs.
"Stand up and walk. Keep moving forward. You've got two good legs. So get up and use them. You're strong enough to make your own path."
Jan 1, 2018 6:55 PM

Jun 2016
Yes I really do want to be since I have a huge crush on one of my friends. I really want to confess to her/ask her out but I admit I'm a little afraid of fucking it up.
I had chances in middle/high school to be in relationships but each time I chickened out because of severe anxiety, and I don't want to make that same mistake again.
I'm debating whether I should talk to her friend (who I'm also friends with) and getting her advice or if I should just harden the fuck up and confess to/ask out my crush the next time I see her. What do y'all think?
Jan 1, 2018 7:19 PM

Dec 2017
I've got a friend that's abusing drugs and shit thanks to a relationship. And I've seen relationships break many people. I don't want to be broken. Staying in the single life.
Jan 1, 2018 10:35 PM
Jan 2018
I've been single for about year now, and most the time I'm happy because I have such a great group of friends. Although, sometimes I would like to find someone new for me. Hoping life works out, because I'm heading off to university this year.
Jan 1, 2018 10:56 PM

Oct 2017
Nah, I prefer to be single. A relationship is a lot of work and I'm not ready for it now.
Jan 1, 2018 10:59 PM

Oct 2014
I wouldnt mind being in a relationship with a certain someone special...
Jan 2, 2018 12:50 AM

Oct 2016
Nope. Maybe later, but not now. I've got series stuff to deal with
Jan 2, 2018 3:08 AM

Mar 2016
I am currently in a relationship of sorts. I've known the person for over a year now. I wasn't searching for love, it just came to me.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Jan 2, 2018 4:44 AM

Jan 2015
It's nice to be single. I can do what I want all the time. But sometimes I do feel lonely and wish for someone to be by my side...
Jan 2, 2018 5:02 AM

Sep 2016
I'm in a relationship with the best girlie in the entire world

@Morara12 come here you!!
Jan 2, 2018 10:31 AM

Sep 2013
After being single for as long as I can remember, yes; it would be nice.
As long as we get along and stuff haha.
One man's freedom is another man's terror.
Jan 3, 2018 8:25 AM

Sep 2014
As a person approaching her 26th year of life without any proper love life experience, I'm getting more and more desperate.
And it's not just "I want to be in a relationship bc everyone else around is", but I'm really tired of being alone. I want to understand if I really can experience romantic attraction, and if someone can feel in such a way towards me.

I want to care and be cared about, to snuggle and stuff... but so far I can only project this desire on my cat. ;___; Ofc, I care about my family, and they care about me, but it's another thing.

But I'm also shy and indecisive, and I'm afraid that the longer I am in such a single state, the harder it will be for me to open up. It'll probably already be hard when I meet someone I'll be interested in romantically. I don't want to stagnate in a romantic sense before I can actually experience romance.

Hopefully, I can change smth in this relation in a positive sense.
Jan 3, 2018 9:49 AM

Sep 2013
me_here_me_there said:
As a person approaching her 26th year of life without any proper love life experience, I'm getting more and more desperate.
And it's not just "I want to be in a relationship bc everyone else around is", but I'm really tired of being alone. I want to understand if I really can experience romantic attraction, and if someone can feel in such a way towards me.

I want to care and be cared about, to snuggle and stuff... but so far I can only project this desire on my cat. ;___; Ofc, I care about my family, and they care about me, but it's another thing.

But I'm also shy and indecisive, and I'm afraid that the longer I am in such a single state, the harder it will be for me to open up. It'll probably already be hard when I meet someone I'll be interested in romantically. I don't want to stagnate in a romantic sense before I can actually experience romance.

Hopefully, I can change smth in this relation in a positive sense.

I wish you all the best, and I hope that you find someone.
Jan 3, 2018 9:51 AM

Mar 2016
Kinda, i just dont want to feel lonely anymore.

Jan 3, 2018 9:52 AM

Feb 2015
I'm always in a relationship with my Onio-chan, as that bond of us will never break.
Jan 3, 2018 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
Meikyuuiri_Tsumi said:

Ahhh, thank you so much. These were the words I needed, since the one thing I keep on hearing "Relationship brings nothing but trouble, so don't even bother". I mean, I won't check it myself unless I try. X3

I wish you to find your significant other too and be happy!
Jan 3, 2018 1:21 PM

Sep 2013
me_here_me_there said:
Meikyuuiri_Tsumi said:

Ahhh, thank you so much. These were the words I needed, since the one thing I keep on hearing "Relationship brings nothing but trouble, so don't even bother". I mean, I won't check it myself unless I try. X3

I wish you to find your significant other too and be happy!

You are very welcome :) And you are absolutely right! Sometimes you have to listen to yourself, because it's your life, no one else's.

Thank you very much!

Jan 3, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2017
I do not want to be in a relationship but I really want a female companion who can understand me and listen to my thoughts

Jan 3, 2018 1:48 PM

Apr 2017
Hell no I don't have time for that I got shit to do

buy mochi at the mochi store
and friends at the friend store

Jan 3, 2018 2:57 PM

Mar 2014
No. They're a hassle. It's too much work trying to keep someone else happy all the time.
I prefer my own company, I like being able to do what I want whenever. I'd rather just have friends.
Jan 3, 2018 4:36 PM

Sep 2014
A long time ago I decided I would get into a relationship only if my partner(girl) had like... 98% of things in common with me. This way, I'd know that she wouldn't wanna do stuff I don't like(such as go hiking) and she'd like to do the same stuff that I like to do(such as watching series/anime, programming, sex, study physics whatever). There's a high probability that I won't meet such a person(damn, I gotta hit those conventions), will I be happy about that? Shit no, but the requirements I mentioned above are the only way to have a nice relationship IMO. And I know that most people don't think the way I do, but I don't really care.
Jan 3, 2018 5:29 PM

Feb 2008
This is like asking "Do you want to be around people?". The human answer is yes, and anyone who says otherwise is more than likely being dishonest, or has something wrong inside their head. It's a natural human instinct to desire coupling with one another.
Jan 3, 2018 8:50 PM
Jul 2018
When I find the right girl, absolutely, but it is not something to be actively worrying about at this point. I have other things I need to prioritize.
Jan 3, 2018 9:33 PM

Apr 2013
uhh just got into smth like a stable relationship recently.
i'm pretty happy to be in it & since it's in the honeymoon stage, everything's sunshine & daisies. not sure about the long run, but i'll worry about that later.
i've always liked being single too. i'd have casual relationships/hook-ups, prioritized my own happiness & made lots of good memories. so tbh, either is fine w/ me.
Jan 4, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2014
Not interested in being in one right now. My ex broke up with me a few months ago so I'm emotionally rebuilding myself. Not sure how long that will take.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Lonely Teens Are Making "Friends" With AIs

deg - May 11

32 by MasterTasuke »»
4 minutes ago

» Question about how demonic some colours are

LenRea - 6 hours ago

13 by MalchikRepaid »»
18 minutes ago

» How long have you been using your accounts on your favorite sites?

RobertBobert - 7 hours ago

6 by Serafos »»
18 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

760 by Hitagi__Furude »»
19 minutes ago

» Have you ever touched and/or kept any foreign currency(ies)?

Kiryotsu - Apr 29

40 by DesuMaiden »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.