Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 24, 2017 12:57 PM

Aug 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This really was for very little, Mirai is saved at the last moment, I like to see protagonists who use intelligence and excel at decisive moments, now only lack that strong look of determination that Obata draws so well ..
May 28, 2017 7:48 PM

Nov 2011
That virus sounds pretty deadly. I'm not surprised there are certain characters that go such length with their twisted desires for their own "experiments". Like seriously, that's fucked up.
May 29, 2017 12:24 AM

Mar 2012
Oh whoa, nice thinking, Mirai! Everyone panicking and thinking about their priorities up until that moment built up to it nicely. Now to see if Mirai is ready and will actually land the killing blow.
May 29, 2017 4:34 AM

Dec 2009
I couldn't take the over dramatic drama seriously. I don't know, I didn't care about it. It didn't feel honest somehow.

Cool way to save themselves and the world but this story is still fucking boring. 5/10.
May 29, 2017 8:40 AM

Mar 2016
waalex11 said:
I couldn't take the over dramatic drama seriously. I don't know, I didn't care about it. It didn't feel honest somehow.

Cool way to save themselves and the world but this story is still fucking boring. 5/10.

i mean coming off of death note I can understand how you'd think any emotions at all is "dramatic drama" the characters in that are literally emotionless dolls
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2017 9:26 AM
Sep 2016
It's about as over the top as you can make it. This whole confrontation was just silly, especially the ridiculous fanservice with the mad scientist in a kinky nurse outfit. This whole character is an incredibly hammy carricature, just like that gun-trotting merk before her. How could anyone take this stuff seriously? Is Ohba going for some sort of pastiche?
May 29, 2017 5:19 PM

Dec 2009
I've said it before in the other chapters but I gotta say it again. It is fucking sad how the great creators of Death Note, easily one of the best legendary classics, from Bakuman which was pretty good was well to this shit? I really don't get it. ... I hope it gets cancelled so they realize how horrible it is and get back to their roots of greatness.
May 29, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2013
i feel like they ran out on ideas,

she has a virus and if they dont submit she will kill everyone , that needs 2 pages to explain but it somehow took 40
Jul 23, 2017 11:08 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Kohinata = Female Kaneki? xD

"I'm not trying to scare you. Refuse, and we scatter FSV in the air." Lol nothing to be scared about. =P

Why doesn't psychopath nurse work as a mortician, in a morgue or as a murderer? Wouldn't she be able to find dead bodies being as crazy as she is?

Amazing chapter.

Honestly don't give a damn which author wrote this manga.

juicykitten95 said:
i feel like they ran out on ideas,

she has a virus and if they dont submit she will kill everyone , that needs 2 pages to explain but it somehow took 40

...That wasn't explained in 40 pages. It (as in what the virus was and how it would affect everyone) was explained in 3 pages. Less than 10 for sure. The other pages was more of a "show" than tell and the rest was thinking about how to outsmart the virus lady without infecting the whole city.
Feb 9, 2018 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
"I was the one who taught my sister to count in the bathtub."

What a strange piece of information to reveal to everybody.

Extect said:
characters in that are literally emotionless dolls

In Death Note? Are you kidding? Yagami Soichiro is one of the most impassioned characters Ohba has written. Every character in Death Note is enthusiastic about or dedicated towards something. If the cast were emotionless, there wouldn't be any story to tell.
ToukaFeb 9, 2018 12:13 PM
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Aug 13, 2018 3:22 PM
Aug 2018
Extect said:
waalex11 said:

i mean coming off of death note I can understand how you'd think any emotions at all is "dramatic drama" the characters in that are literally emotionless dolls

Haha I agree to this^
Jan 7, 2021 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
I see Ohba doesn’t know the 1st thing about viruses.
その目だれの目?
Feb 13, 2021 6:02 AM

Apr 2018
Yeah ok she just made a virus that is capable of killing off every human
Nov 1, 2021 3:24 PM

Dec 2007
so uryu knows that taking hostages is an advantage? wth wrong with ohba, all these moments he "threatens the world" maybe tense, but he just made entire "battle" on this. it's tense alright, but to make entire chapter about it is freaking me crazy.
i really love the manga so far, but not finding any sense in this chapter.

well, except for the end. this was actually pretty smart. mirai really have balls now.
don't like though mukaidou statement that mirai's agenda of "non killing" is good, not only it made by mukaidou who just want to rip metropoliman meat, but it's also something i would prefer to change. don't encourage it!

seeing saki crying was touching though.

More topics from this board

» My spoiler-ridden rant, er, review

NDskies - Sep 17, 2023

4 by NDskies »»
Sep 18, 2023 6:27 AM

» How would you rate it???

Goated_Weeb526 - Nov 11, 2021

4 by waalex11 »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 23 Discussion

TheGeniusBaka - Jan 1, 2018

6 by bucciest »»
Nov 6, 2022 12:02 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 58 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Axelthrow - Jan 6, 2021

54 by nidoqueen106 »»
Sep 11, 2022 5:54 PM

Poll: » Platinum End Chapter 30 Discussion

Akoram - May 8, 2018

4 by lycoradz0 »»
May 14, 2022 3:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.