Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Demi-chan wa Kataritai' Gets TV Anime Adaptation for Winter 2017

New
Sep 3, 2016 4:46 AM

Nov 2007
A commercial, that was aired after the broadcast of Persona 5 the Animation: The Day Breakers, has revealed that Petosu's manga Demi-chan wa Kataritai will get TV anime adaptation to air in Winter 2017. The teaser website and Twitter account for the TV anime adaptation was also launched after they were revealed in the CM. The tenth issue of Young Magazine the 3rd, which will be released on September 6, 2016, has also revealed the staff members.

Synopsis
Succubus, Dullahan and Vampire. They are known as Ajin, or "demi"s and are slightly different than the average human. They have lived alongside humans for ages under persecution. However, in recent years, they have become accepted as members of society. This manga follows a high school biology teacher who has a great interest in demis and his interaction with the various demis in his school, each with their own cute problems. (Source: MU)

Staff
Director: Ryou Andou
Series Composition: Takao Yoshioka (Fukigen na Mononokean)
Character Design: Tetsuya Kawakami (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Art Director: Katsuyuki Haryuu (Chika Gentou Gekiga: Shoujo Tsubaki)
Film Director: Youhei Miyawaki
Color Setting: Misako Akama (PriPara)
CG Director: Shinji Nasu
Editing: Shigeru Nishiyama (Bungou Stray Dogs)
Music: Masaru Yokoyama (Mayoiga)
Sound Director: Jin Aketagawa (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.)
Studio: A-1 Pictures
Production: Demi-chan wa Kataritai Production Committee

Demi-chan wa Kataritai has been serialized since the first issue of Young Magazine the 3rd in September 2014. Kodansha has published three volumes of the manga which have over 550,000 copies in print. The fourth volume is scheduled to released on September 20, 2016. Kodansha Comics will publish the first volume of the manga on November 1, 2016.

Official site: http://demichan.com/
Official Twitter: @demichan_anime

Source: Otakomu, Nijipoi

Demi-chan wa Kataritai on MAL
NaruleachSep 6, 2016 12:21 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2016 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
It's a great comedy, I wonder who will animate it. I have a feeling it will be JC Staff.
Sep 3, 2016 4:49 AM

Sep 2014
More Monster girls shows are always welcome~

Looking forward to it, manga is funny-cute and light-hearted ^^

Sep 3, 2016 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
Doesn't sound too bad, might give it a look.
Sep 3, 2016 5:06 AM

Feb 2015
I hope this Ajin is better than the last Ajin we got...
Sep 3, 2016 5:08 AM

Oct 2015
Hmmm sounds interesting, hope the comedy is good :)
Sep 3, 2016 5:08 AM
Aug 2016
Yep seen this one coming...Now we will have monster girls as a new genre...don't get me wrong there has always been that aspect with many vampires,,demons..catgirls etc..but those are the norm..this trend is now focuising on a wider bandwave. :)

looking forward for this one.
Sep 3, 2016 5:10 AM

Feb 2015
sounds a bit like Rosario + vampire
Sep 3, 2016 6:25 AM

Jan 2014
Succubus, Dullahan and Vampire.
i am entertained already...Sounds like it will be fun
Sep 3, 2016 6:37 AM

Dec 2015
Yes! I already love it! Sounds like it will be great.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 3, 2016 6:54 AM
Feb 2016
Yes, yes, yes, I was expecting this so soon, now I'm happy
Sep 3, 2016 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
I haven't read the source material, but since I'm a person that loves comedy, well, I will give it a shot. Comedy is always welcome for me.
Sep 3, 2016 7:21 AM

Mar 2015
this is sooner than i expected... hope not another disaster like dagashi... one of few harem that actually have really interesting cast and awesome comedy... pls don't kill it!
Crashmatt said:
sounds a bit like Rosario + vampire

it's really different thou... like REALLLLY...

omaera zennin mendokusei anime, when?
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 3, 2016 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
This has more comedy than what people may expect.

Kinda curious to see how they plan to adapt it as I heard there's not many volumes.
Sep 3, 2016 8:32 AM

Sep 2013
Monster girls shall rise.
Sep 3, 2016 10:33 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
@tsubasalover, the circulation info of the manga should be added.

The series has been serialized since the first issue of Young Magazine the 3rd in September 2014. Kodansha has published three volumes of the manga which have over 550,000 copies in print. The fourth volume is scheduled to released on September 20. Kodansha Comics will publish the first volume of the manga on November 1. (Source: Comic Natalie)

The series placed 2nd in Niconico and Da Vinci Magazine's second "Tsugi ni Kuru Manga" Awards under the manga division in February of this year. (Source: Tsugimanga Official site)

Sep 3, 2016 12:02 PM
Aug 2015
I've heard of this one...
Might give it a try.
Sep 3, 2016 12:17 PM

Dec 2014
More monster girls? Count me in.
Sep 3, 2016 6:33 PM

Oct 2015
Seems like its gonna be made by A-1 source-> http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/91105
Sep 3, 2016 7:47 PM

Aug 2013
Here comes another manga that nice to read getting animated for everyone to enjoy.

Give me a VIP seat,Please XD
Sep 3, 2016 9:58 PM

Nov 2007
I've added the staff list.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 3, 2016 10:00 PM

Sep 2009
Kind of a surprise. The art (and everything, really) was on the shoddy end.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Sep 3, 2016 10:29 PM
Jun 2013
Nice, I love the manga. I hope the anime will be a good one
Sep 4, 2016 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
This is cool I actually enjoy the manga. Can't wait.
Sep 4, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2015
ichii_1 said:
Monster girls shall rise.

Amen-

Monster Girls shall rise.
Sep 4, 2016 8:02 AM

Jan 2011
Succubus, Dullahan and Vampire.

these monster girls i'm okay with
Sep 4, 2016 9:17 AM
Sep 2014
Glad fot that notice
Sep 4, 2016 10:36 AM

Oct 2012
I want to watch this
Sep 4, 2016 10:48 PM
Mar 2016
Winter 2016 feels too early, and the director is an unknown. And the character designer is the one who did asterisk. I hope the studio will not butcher the show.
Sep 5, 2016 2:20 PM

Mar 2015
crx07 said:
Winter 2016 feels too early, and the director is an unknown. And the character designer is the one who did asterisk. I hope the studio will not butcher the show.
except original source art is derpy as fuck... as long the comedy is well executed, i am pretty much fine...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 8, 2016 8:37 AM
Jan 2013
G O D I S R E A L A N D H E L I K E M O N S T E R G I R L S
gone bai bai
Sep 10, 2016 7:16 AM

Apr 2013
"Oh, cool! The full staff has been listed already. The studio must already be decided, I wonder which it i-"

"Studio: A-1 Pictures"

おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Sep 10, 2016 7:33 PM

Mar 2015
Naiwa said:
"Oh, cool! The full staff has been listed already. The studio must already be decided, I wonder which it i-"

what's wrong with a-1?
Sep 10, 2016 9:28 PM

Mar 2014
Kuma said:
Naiwa said:

what's wrong with a-1?

honestly next to nothing. ppl just like to bandwagon and blame everything on a-1. other than qualidea code and some of their game adaptations theyre at the very least solid. if youve seen the pv for demi chan already it looks soooo cute omg
Sep 10, 2016 9:50 PM

Mar 2015
yuiyuigahama said:
Kuma said:
what's wrong with a-1?

honestly next to nothing. ppl just like to bandwagon and blame everything on a-1. other than qualidea code and some of their game adaptations theyre at the very least solid. if youve seen the pv for demi chan already it looks soooo cute omg
TBH, i have a long list dissapointment from A-1, but A-1 also give me plenty list of satisfiction... a-1 is kinda mixed bag, but judging as series solely by studio is kinda stupid IMHO...
Sep 11, 2016 1:26 AM

Apr 2013
Kuma said:
Naiwa said:

what's wrong with a-1?

Seeing A-1 as the studio is simultaneously relieving because it could have been left with a worse studio, but at the same time it's a studio that overworks their staff and doesn't know how to divide their resources. I don't like A-1 at all, or trust them. Frankly I liken them to anime sweatshops due also in part to the frequency in which they adapt and push out anime every season, and I can't wait for them to go bankrupt (if you'll allow me to get edgy for a second), but I acknowledge they're a big studio nonetheless and that takes some of my worries away about the quality of what's produced, but that's about it.

Edit: Actually I'm not mostly shitposting. Took me a quick scan of my post to remind myself of that. I don't like A-1 at all.
meltenvySep 11, 2016 1:33 AM
おれはPigAmericanです
おれはばか

i am average american man i enjoy
bad game runescape
Sep 11, 2016 6:36 AM

Mar 2015
Naiwa said:
Kuma said:
what's wrong with a-1?

Seeing A-1 as the studio is simultaneously relieving because it could have been left with a worse studio, but at the same time it's a studio that overworks their staff and doesn't know how to divide their resources. I don't like A-1 at all, or trust them. Frankly I liken them to anime sweatshops due also in part to the frequency in which they adapt and push out anime every season, and I can't wait for them to go bankrupt (if you'll allow me to get edgy for a second), but I acknowledge they're a big studio nonetheless and that takes some of my worries away about the quality of what's produced, but that's about it.

Edit: Actually I'm not mostly shitposting. Took me a quick scan of my post to remind myself of that. I don't like A-1 at all.
from same article:
Article said:
Anime director Daiki Nishimura (School Rumble, Valvrave the Liberator) also commented on the decision on Twitter, saying that "A-1 Pictures is not at fault... the current state of the entire business world that includes A-1 Pictures is at fault. To denounce A-1 Pictures alone is a mistake." He further describes the poor working conditions in the anime industry, confessing he himself had a period of depression due to overwork.

funny things that overworked is not even the worst people on this industries can recive (lets not forget underpaid and extream harsh working environtment (not only overworking, but no insurance, harsh work ethic, and shitty treatement) which ironicaly this guy have less). this is not A-1 problem, but the industry as the whole...

if you talking about industries working ethics, it's endless talking and every studio diserve to die, even the industries it self diserve to die (except maybe only toei and polygon pictures, which both if them ironicaly hated by comunity)
KumaSep 11, 2016 6:47 AM
Sep 11, 2016 7:23 AM

Jun 2014
Oh look, more trash from A1 which I won't be watching. Wow, what did they do to the designs, that's quite a sight, the sameface generic trend continues from this poor excuse of a studio.
:3
Sep 11, 2016 9:25 AM

Mar 2015
alpha_shadow said:
Oh look, more trash from A1 which I won't be watching. Wow, what did they do to the designs, that's quite a sight, the sameface generic trend continues from this poor excuse of a studio.
i am getting tired of saying this, but it's already like that (original source art even more derpy and more incosistant). only cover image that bearable.

did anybody just literaly trying to pull their ass solely to blame the studio?
Sep 11, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
alpha_shadow said:

your argument loses some validity when you realize that two of the characters (the vampire and human girl) are twin sisters lol. also besides that if you pay attention to the eye shape of the yuki onna and the succubus teacher theyre a lot different from hikari and himaris. the only instance where your critique holds any water is between the twins and the dullahan... maybe. also it was one guy doing the character designs and he also designed for sao so maybe thats what you mean by generic? but thats just how he draws lol.
Sep 11, 2016 5:15 PM

Jul 2014
Happy that they took the edge off the character designs, that was my first issue with the manga.

They say don't judge a book by its cover but it's really hard when it's that tween-edgy

More topics from this board

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by DarkDooM2 »»
2 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

98 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» 'One Piece' Anime Gets Remake by WIT Studio ( 1 2 )

Hyperion_PS - Dec 17, 2023

81 by ExtremeT »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
Yesterday, 3:24 PM

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
Yesterday, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.