Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2016 11:34 PM

Oct 2015
Epic fights.

Epic characters.

Epic comedy.

Rest in peace random sword. You will be missed.
Apr 17, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2014
Plot armored protagonist saves the day against obvious sexy sadist villain thanks to the power of BS writing while throwing out bad joke after bad joke. Don't much care for this show.It's just a lot of cliches and power fantasy self-insert. Might as well play a fantasy rpg instead of watching bad anime.
I am the Priest of my church
Yuetsu is my body, and wine is my blood
I have trolled over a thousand users
Unknown to sympathy, nor known to apathy
Withstood Shirou to eat Mapo Tofu
Yet, my question will never be answered
So as I rejoice, Unlimited Kirei Works!
Apr 17, 2016 11:37 PM

Apr 2014
SuperKirei said:
Plot armored protagonist saves the day against obvious sexy sadist villain thanks to the power of BS writing while throwing out bad joke after bad joke. Don't much care for this show.It's just a lot of cliches and power fantasy self-insert. Might as well play a fantasy rpg instead of watching bad anime.
Could you throw in some more buzzwords there?
Apr 17, 2016 11:41 PM

Dec 2014
Hongu said:
SuperKirei said:
Could you throw in some more buzzwords there?

I could try, but I'd never be able to match the sheer quantity in this show's writing.
Apr 17, 2016 11:49 PM

Mar 2015
SuperKirei said:

Well to be fair, Reinhardt did not even used his real sword. He just used a random sword he found in that shop that probably only have small ATK on it lol. Not to mention Elsa is a popular criminal, so if she was able to be taken down so easily, why has no one taken her down?

The jokes from Subaru is pretty much his chuunibyouness. Just like Okabe Rintarou talking to himself and doing some fabulous styles out of nowhere.

Apr 17, 2016 11:56 PM

Dec 2014
DarklordVor said:
SuperKirei said:

Well to be fair, Reinhardt did not even used his real sword. He just used a random sword he found in that shop that probably only have small ATK on it lol. Not to mention Elsa is a popular criminal, so if she was able to be taken down so easily, why has no one taken her down?

The jokes from Subaru is pretty much his chuunibyouness. Just like Okabe Rintarou talking to himself and doing some fabulous styles out of nowhere.

I don't remember Okabe winking at the audience to stay tuned or wetting himself with joy for getting a discount cute anime girl for a sidekick.
Don't compare the dialogue with Steins;Gate. Subaru gaining the courage to fight for no better reason than being the quirky main character; doing a retard's Y-M-C-A dance before his flesh wounds randomly deciding to open up and spray blood is the type of writing you'd never see in S;G.
Apr 17, 2016 11:57 PM
Jul 2018
Liked this episode, looks like White fox is going all out for this.

So subaru finally reached the first save point with 1 HP left after dying 3 times. Being subaru is suffering.
Apr 18, 2016 12:03 AM

Mar 2015
SuperKirei said:
DarklordVor said:

I don't remember Okabe winking at the audience to stay tuned or wetting himself with joy for getting a discount cute anime girl for a sidekick.
Don't compare the dialogue with Steins;Gate. Subaru gaining the courage to fight for no better reason than being the quirky main character; doing a retard's Y-M-C-A dance before his flesh wounds randomly deciding to open up and spray blood is the type of writing you'd never see in S;G.

Okabe talked to the "other side of the screen" addressing us viewers. Okabe also overreacted when Kurisu finally joined the club and used the lab coat. Then we had the "I am fabulous dance" from Okabe too and randomly talk about something.

Apr 18, 2016 12:05 AM

Aug 2012
Things that I don't understand is why Rinehard don't feel like killing or catching the killer(Elsa) .

Anyway great episode the Angle and the flow of animation is definitely Top Notch.
Apr 18, 2016 12:23 AM

Dec 2014
DarklordVor said:
SuperKirei said:

Okabe talked to the "other side of the screen" addressing us viewers. Okabe also overreacted when Kurisu finally joined the club and used the lab coat. Then we had the "I am fabulous dance" from Okabe too and randomly talk about something.

[im g ] https://peterburd.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/steinsgate24-1.jpg[/img]

1. He was not
2. Subaru is pathetic for what he's excited about. Okabe was not.
3. I was taking about the ridiculous writing that leads him to dance around while supposedly being cut open. He's free to make as many random poses that have as little relevance as he likes. Afterall, Okabe posed because he imagined himself a villainous mad scientist, and Subaru likes spelling things.
Apr 18, 2016 12:49 AM

Jul 2014
Ichiyuki said:
Felt might be
who knows

arikryu said:
In the beginning of this episode, Emilia said that it was an accidental resemblance to someone when she was replying to Felt, and I'm guessing it's this Satella character?
That's most likely the case. And it seems Satella is also half-elf.
Apr 18, 2016 1:11 AM

Jan 2014
SuperKirei said:

Have you seen this?_?His actions are justified
Apr 18, 2016 1:15 AM

Feb 2010
Excellent ep! Can't wait to see more of the story. I can see this series being a new favourite.
Apr 18, 2016 3:05 AM
Apr 2015
The action was amazing but what really got me was the tension since every character could be killed in every moment. I also felt bad for Felt who ran away in despair.
5/5 for me.
Apr 18, 2016 3:16 AM

Dec 2015
SuperKirei said:
DarklordVor said:

[im g ] https://peterburd.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/steinsgate24-1.jpg[/img]

1. He was not
3. I was taking about the ridiculous writing that leads him to dance around while supposedly being cut open. He's free to make as many random poses that have as little relevance as he likes. Afterall, Okabe posed because he imagined himself a villainous mad scientist, and Subaru likes spelling things.

well i am a big fan of steins:gate and yet when i was watching it i fucking dropped it on episode 4-3
because that was so stupid i didnt understand a thing
yet after some time i just took it up from episode 4-5

and thing started to make sense... and after a while i was complitly hooked up
so why the hell are you hating on this show at episode 3
while steins:gate was awful at this point

just stop hating if you going to watch an anime with an attitude like that you would never enjoy it...
Jupi-JupApr 18, 2016 3:20 AM
Apr 18, 2016 3:19 AM

Aug 2008
Cool, and it only took him 3 tries!

I think Emilia has gotten a better "first impression" of him too, so it was all worth it, I'd say.

I really wish for them to elaborate on his ability more ASAP though. Like, is it always the same "save point". Is there any limitations as to how many "lives/tries" he gets. And if the "save point" does changes, how is it determined.

Yautja said:
Jesus Reinhard is a badass. Talk about a bonafide hero.

He's the ace of aces. Probably gonna be the go-to guy when real muscle is needed in the series. I'd be looking forward to show his badassery every now and then :p
Apr 18, 2016 3:42 AM
Oct 2013
Great episode, decent action, and Subaru finally got past that point in his life. What would suck is that if he dies again, he has to start over again, and go through that hell another time. Oh Subaru, you just can't catch a break.

So I wonder what was so special about the insignia and Felt at the end?
Apr 18, 2016 3:44 AM

Jan 2011
What a little difference can make to everything.
Apr 18, 2016 3:47 AM

Mar 2010
SuperKirei said:

Ok buzzword-chan

The hilarious thing you can write this post for any show, that's how bad it is.

Eitherway, you don't have watch it, so bye!
Iron_MawApr 18, 2016 3:50 AM
Apr 18, 2016 4:03 AM
Sep 2013
This might be a bit off topic, but does a english translation of the LN even exist? So far I've only found the manga which isn't really that far..
Apr 18, 2016 4:09 AM

Mar 2010
No unfortunately because the LN has been licensed by Yen Press. The Web Novel is only other shot at reading the source, but unless you know Japanese it's pretty pointless. There some spoilers for the later arcs floating around various forums though.
Apr 18, 2016 4:21 AM
Jan 2013
I gotta give it to WHITE FOX!
my god, that was one hell of experience in animation!
i'm fuckin hooked! just two thing!
1. they are too fucking chatty in the battlefield!
2. MC battling around = Exhaustion
Villain battling around = No Exhaustion (This is bullshit!)
opikteaApr 18, 2016 4:33 AM
Apr 18, 2016 4:24 AM

May 2010
Hell yeah, Reinhardt! He's so nice, I bet there's a backstory behind his overly nice exterior.
He send Elsa flying away, wow. She was so OP before that fight, too. That fight reminded me of fire emblem for some reason.

With this, the first arc is over.

Pls Subaru. Reinhardt is the real savior. Pls don't take all the credit just like that.
Why don't most anime girls thank the side male characters? It's not like they will fall in love with them by showing their gratitude. Then again, many anime are like that (esp. the ones aimed at male audience) so it's not solely this anime's fault.

Huh? What's with that cool monologue? It's you yourself who settled on that "unequal compensation" Don't start saying cool lines to yourself.
I still feel mixed emotions about Subaru tbh, but ye I do admire some of his abilities.

I wonder what other crime Felt commited. What if Reinhardt is actually a future villian? He doesn't give off that feeling, but still, I can't shake off this possibility. Or it could be that Felt is part of royalty? What a cliffhanger.

Anyways, epic episode is epic. I love how they insert the ED song, really sets the mood.
Apr 18, 2016 4:37 AM

Jul 2015
That was a great fight scene... It's been a while since I get to see some recent shows pull one off (last one I know was cavalry's)

I'm liking how each episode just tries to end with more "what.." reactions

Glad to know Subaru's alive, that would really suck for him to try to get back to that road

Don't forget to keep your bowels safe guys <3

Apr 18, 2016 4:37 AM

Mar 2010
TragicRomance said:

Pls Subaru. Reinhardt is the real savior. Pls don't take all the credit just like that.
Why don't most anime girls thank the side male characters? It's not like they will fall in love with them by showing their gratitude. Then again, many anime are like that (esp. the ones aimed at male audience) so it's not solely this anime's fault.

Everyone contributed in someway here, however while Reinhard saved the group as whole (which Subaru and Emilia thanked him for) Subaru actually saved Emilia twice personally. So he's earned the right to boast a bit considering he put his life on the line for that.
Apr 18, 2016 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
Strident said:
iRels said:

It was hinted that in the show they've prejudice against witches. The insignia reacted... but the problem was then the one it reacted to. Felt doesn't knows her family... That bi@# called Felt's ability "Bless of the Wind" and said that she "must be loved by nature" or something. Witches are said to be in touch with nature... So yeah, Felt might've been born from one. She's a little witch... until (if) next episode disprove my hypothesis.

I don't think the insignia was reacting from the animation? At least, it didn't seem any brighter or different (that one comes down to resolution and how they cared about drawing it though) when it was in Felt's hands compared to Emilia.

If it is the case that Felt is part-witch, then how did Reinhard know she is one? Just for possessing it maybe? Is the insignia untouchable by anyone except witches and elves/other special people? Also, Elsa killed Felt and Rom in loop 1 before Subaru even got there. If her objective was only the insignia, then why would she do that if it seemed like they were going to trade it (I doubt Felt would've gotten too greedy and not have made the trade under the advice of Rom since they were going to make a trade with Subaru in loop 2)? Could this reason be related?

It has to be the insignia... I had other guesses but they'd be stretching it too much. Something that might be important as to verify whether the insignia was reacting or not is: was it ever shown in the hands of another character...up-close? If it hasn't then that red shine might not have been normal... perhaps it should be normally darkened. And if this is it, then it might explain why Elsa killed them the first time. And the giant old man held the insignia for a while... but it didn't show up-close.
Apr 18, 2016 5:00 AM

Jun 2013
so her name is Emilia
Apr 18, 2016 5:40 AM

Aug 2012
Ah, that was a good episodes, easily my AOTS. I love Time Travel shows, even if I have suspicions this isn't quite a time travel shows. The action was stellar, and I spend almost more time pondering the answer to all these puzzles than I actually watch the shows. Glad Groundhog day is done, even with how much I love this show, too many more cycles of it would start to grate on my nerves something fierce.
Apr 18, 2016 5:52 AM

Aug 2012
7thFonon said:
-Sci said:
Things that I don't understand is why Rinehard don't feel like killing or catching the killer(Elsa) .

Anyway great episode the Angle and the flow of animation is definitely Top Notch.

....Big huge sword explosion attack seems like a technique that could kill someone.... I think that counts as an attempt of him trying to take her out for good. lol. And catching her isn't going to work. That girl is like running on walls and jumps like 80 feet high. Even with Reinhad, have fun trying that idea. :V

He even easily manage to land a kick on her and didn't try to use his sword because he really underestimated the killer. Oh well maybe he's on off duty :v
Apr 18, 2016 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
Illyricus said:
I though Subaru would die for a moment. Thankfully, he was saved at the end. Glad that old man Rom also survived.

This episode was beastly. The fights were really good and thrilling and Reinhard is a total badass. Was good to see someone surpass Elsa finally after how powerful she was in the other two episodes. The ending when he takes Felt with him was intriguing.

So, her name this time is not Satella but Emilia? I like Puck very much, btw.

what you mean 'this time'?
i think her real name is Emilia but when she first told subaru her name, she gave a fake name
Apr 18, 2016 6:01 AM

Jan 2015
Is this anime really that good or is it just another overhyped one like SAO?
I watched the first episode and it was full of cliches. and just really.... average.
Apr 18, 2016 6:09 AM

Mar 2012
Inferno792 said:
I watched the first episode and it was full of cliches. and just really.... average.

Trust me...nearly every anime these days start cliche..cause of pre-exisitng story basis..but this really and i mean,....REALLY gets even more serius, badass and twisted dark that you think you are reading a berserk chapter. it gets better give it a few more eps and than decide but trust me 3 episodes in and is alreadya killer ;)

Anyway After 3 episodes i can say this.... This is by far my fav of the spring season...and thank god we actually have a real fighter in this and not some whiny bitch or coward for mc...( he still a bit of a screwball but at least he actually does shit and is within his capabilities and not exaggerated or some deus machina power...the revive might be...but you get the point, i am trying to make here).
Apr 18, 2016 6:13 AM

Apr 2015
Inferno792 said:
you ask about the hype in a 3 Episode thread while you only have watched one ( maybe only Part A too ) episodes. Find the error :P
Apr 18, 2016 6:13 AM

Jul 2014
Inferno792 said:
Well, the first part of episode 1 (or 1A) was that by purpose (to lower the guard of the viewers). The second part (or 1B) was vastly different. Maybe you've seen too many anime with "Return by Death", but I can think only about few with similar concept, and so it was still something new to me (and it's the first one set in fantasy world).

If you didn't liked the first episode, that's fine, not everyone likes this kind of story.
mozgowApr 18, 2016 6:20 AM
Apr 18, 2016 6:26 AM

Jul 2015
Amazing episode, animation, the fight, the epic ness, the ost, the comedy, everything was on point !
Apr 18, 2016 6:27 AM

Jan 2011
Fantastic episode of Re:Zero this week. The action was fucking amazing in this episode. We got to see Emilia use her powers with the aid of Puck. Subaru's reactions are really funny; he really is the comic relief of the show which is a nice change of pace during the really serious Elsa moments. Elsa is one creepy sadistic bowl-hunting bitch but I gotta say I really like her as the antagonist. She became really annoyed with Subaru constantly ruining her plans and getting in her way. The Elsa vs Reinhard fight was the best part of this episode though. The 360 degree first-person perspective shot was fucking awesome. White Fox is going all out with Re:Zero and I really hope it's sticking faithful to the original source material.

Reinhard is such a badass though. He did his 'thing' which I'm guessing absorbed all the mana in the area and released it from his sword which caused a huge explosion and destroyed the placed completely. I love Subaru's request to Emilia, it was so good. It was even better when Emilia chuckled and blushed while finally telling him her name. Dang, Emilia's such a cutie. I still wonder what's the significance about the name 'Satella' though, hope to find out about that soon. Subaru 'dying' got me worried by thank god Emilia healed him. Hopefully this marks a new 'checkpoint' for Subaru now. Felt and Emilia are on good terms now. However, Reinhard suddenly 'arrests' Felt for an unknown reason, I wonder what that is all about. Reinhard put her to sleep with just one hand though; this is guy definitely someone you don't want to mess with. Overall, loved this episode and I can't wait for more Re:Zero greatness!
5/5
Apr 18, 2016 6:33 AM

Jan 2015
Fappa said:
Inferno792 said:
you ask about the hype in a 3 Episode thread while you only have watched one ( maybe only Part A too ) episodes. Find the error :P

Uhh.... yeah, and that's because I saw this thread as one of the popular ones in the forums. I am more likely to get more responses on this one than on the episode one thread.
Apr 18, 2016 6:40 AM

Jul 2013
Inferno792 said:
Fappa said:

Uhh.... yeah, and that's because I saw this thread as one of the popular ones in the forums. I am more likely to get more responses on this one than on the episode one thread.

And did you get your answer? My suggestion is to watch the first 3 episodes and make your own call since that's the entirety of the first arc and pretty much represents what this show will be about. Do note that the first episode is an hour long and might be split into two parts like 1A and 1B depending on where you watch it.

Apr 18, 2016 6:41 AM

Mar 2010
Inferno792 said:

That isn't much of a criticism. If that's your problem then just stop watching/reading anime and manga altogether then. Because I can guarantee anything you like has been common story elements have been used elsewhere. Any good show is more than it's sum of it's parts man.

And no this not like SAO in anyway.
Iron_MawApr 18, 2016 6:44 AM
Apr 18, 2016 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
Episode that does not disappoint, I was very tense during the narration, I thought that this time we leave Subaru pens and start again from scratch, but do not understand certain things of the story. Not bad the final twist, with Elsa ready to strike again, even there I thought Subaru died and greetings. Beautiful enough to choose the graphic style during battles, good quality drawings overall.
Apr 18, 2016 7:03 AM

Jan 2016
I am wondering if Subaru's only power is revival. I hope like many have said that if he dies he doesn't start at the very beginning as that would get old quick(I am fairly certain that he won't as no one would do that on purpose).

Reinhard is OP as hell but he still could't kill that women, shes tough as nails, not to mention hot AF.

That felt deal at the end was quite odd an Reinhard got super creepy/scary vibe going at that point.

I wonder if Subaru tells Emilia about what he can do.
Apr 18, 2016 7:03 AM

Dec 2015
Wow! This anime is just getting better and better every episode!

I hate Elsa's voice and already like the characters.

5/5
Apr 18, 2016 7:15 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
That Emilia smile.....the smile which can seduce many male viewers, I wouldn't doubt if she has her own fanbase by now.

Elsa also seems to be a likable villain which appeals to many viewers too.

Even though Subaru can return from death, it would be very inconvenient if he always starts over at the moment when he is being offered an apple by that fruit seller, it's just like reloading a savegame from the beginning.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Apr 18, 2016 7:18 AM

Sep 2013
Elsa is definitely extremely good at her job. And Emilia is no push-over either. Another 5/5 episode
ridley388 said:

5/5

How dare you hate on Mamiko Noto!
Apr 18, 2016 7:24 AM

Dec 2015
Old_Raven said:
Elsa is definitely extremely good at her job. And Emilia is no push-over either. Another 5/5 episode
ridley388 said:

5/5

How dare you hate on Mamiko Noto!

I mean I hate the character xD. The voice seems fitting and very well acted.
Apr 18, 2016 7:52 AM
Jul 2015
I thought he was gonna die and have to restart again after he did everything correct LOL
Apr 18, 2016 7:58 AM
Apr 2015
h
Maverick-sama said:
I am wondering if Subaru's only power is revival. I hope like many have said that if he dies he doesn't start at the very beginning as that would get old quick(I am fairly certain that he won't as no one would do that on purpose).

Reinhard is OP as hell but he still could't kill that women, shes tough as nails, not to mention hot AF.

That felt deal at the end was quite odd an Reinhard got super creepy/scary vibe going at that point.

I wonder if Subaru tells Emilia about what he can do.
e no he won't start at the beginning again
Apr 18, 2016 8:10 AM

May 2009
This anime is the hope of this season.. (together with Koutetsujou) hope it stays that awesome 10/10! I mean like really, never saw so many bad animes in a season together besides this 2.
Apr 18, 2016 8:15 AM

Aug 2013
Reinhard's step and roundhouse kick to her side was awesome.
Apr 18, 2016 8:19 AM

Jan 2015
A good breath of fresh air after 3 episodes of repeating the same things.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

34 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:32 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.