Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 26, 2016 9:05 AM

Aug 2014
Lindow is alive!! With Lenka's oracle cell condition growing worse we needed some good news. I wonder how long Lenka has to live. He must have shortened it down significantly from last time. I also wonder who brought food to Lindow. It looks like a girl I think, but who?

Pita Bread was OP, but I like how Lenka used strategy by using it's own body against it. So in the end did team 1 get Pita Bread's core? I'm sure it would have been a lot more valuable than regular Vajra but I think Lenka smashed it to pieces.

I don't like how the anime ended midway. Johannes true plan is revealed but I'm willing to bet Aegis is more than a simple Rocket/Noah's arc. The doctor's idea is idealistic but it would be interesting to see human/aragami working together...actually never mind, that doesn't sound like a good idea.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Mar 26, 2016 9:10 AM

Feb 2014
I actually died laughing when Lenka got that super saiyan hair
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 26, 2016 9:28 AM

May 2015
Decent way to end the show. That shit was awesome, the battle, but looks like Lindow died after all... Or maybe not. Season 2 please. 9/10.

Mar 26, 2016 9:42 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Really good last four episodes. Still falls on the generic side, but very enjoyable. Gets unnecessary hate though :/

5/5 for this episode
7/10 for this series.
Mar 26, 2016 9:50 AM
Dec 2014
Anybody who rate an anime below 4/10 is a hater
Mar 26, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2013
Lenka is the captain now...good ending!!!

and WTF is Lindow doing there, smoking behind the cliff :P
Mar 26, 2016 10:02 AM

Jun 2012
Look like i only one notice This Actually, Lenka manged to do that because he used a blade made out of pita's wing, creating a new type of sword basically. That's kinda how they defeat every aragami. Hit it till the first one dies and then make weapons out of it to kill other aragami faster. And that big one ( if it's like the game) doesn't have that good armor, but has a lot of health and hits very hard.

That How Lenka God arc Evol He use pita's wing and Become Strong and Evol One Shoot Deus pita.
Mar 26, 2016 10:10 AM

Oct 2009
rly interested in how Lenka's erosion has been reversed so much. Also: wasn't the whole thing about the "reset" after the aragami devour everything complete superstition? Sure Johannes has gone a bit crazy after his wife's death but him being a scientist I just can't buy that he believes in that reset.
Mar 26, 2016 10:14 AM

Jun 2014
Although I still found this anime as a whole to be subpar, I'm willing to admit that these last 4 episodes were pretty good. I really liked the action in this episode, it was epic and intense. Looks like Lindow is still alive, I was kind of hoping he would actually be dead but whatever. Not a bad finale, these last 4 episodes were pretty good, and I liked this anime's OST, but unfortunately that can't make up for all of the other problems, 5/10.

Also, I was gonna make a "Lenka turned into a super Saiyan" joke, but many others beat me to it so there's no point now........
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 26, 2016 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Lenka went super saiyan and defeated Pita!

Lindow seems to be alive!
Mar 26, 2016 10:20 AM

Jul 2013
salvationhope said:
Look like i only one notice This Actually, Lenka manged to do that because he used a blade made out of pita's wing, creating a new type of sword basically. That's kinda how they defeat every aragami. Hit it till the first one dies and then make weapons out of it to kill other aragami faster. And that big one ( if it's like the game) doesn't have that good armor, but has a lot of health and hits very hard.

That How Lenka God arc Evol He use pita's wing and Become Strong and Evol One Shoot Deus pita.

i get now that mean lenka just borrow deus pita power i mean the broken wing they destroy. them lenka he fused pita wing with his god arc become strong like katana edge can cut any kind metal even pita skin stronger than metal his own broken wing steal by lenka and use against him make easy kill pita.
Mar 26, 2016 10:25 AM
Mar 2016
RodrigoL said:
Basukesu-GE said:
Shio made an appearance, I think the anime may get a sequel, but wayyyy later down the road considering Ufotable has Tales of Zestiria and other projects on their hands right now

Do you know who is the shadow girl/boy??

if you don't mind a bit spoiler from game (inb4 sorry for bad english) :
Mar 26, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2014
You know, this actually managed to be somewhat better after the break. Still ended up being bad though. And as much as I'd like to watch another season solely for Shio, please don't let it happen.
Mar 26, 2016 10:45 AM

Dec 2014
I know how this all ended on a bizarre state....
But Lenka was so badass this episode.. Gonna miss this series
Mar 26, 2016 10:46 AM

May 2015
i still dont get why they made Pita seem so OP? It isn't that hard to fight in the game.
Usually i partner with Soma though :3
Mar 26, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
only thing to say is it was well worth the wait for these last 3 eps, and am really hoping for a season 2 to happen

now i need to play all the games
"one step at a time"
Mar 26, 2016 10:56 AM

Sep 2013
I don't know this for sure, but I am guessing lindow is alive because you saw his weapon turn on at the end and you also saw smoke at one part which could be one of his cigarettes. Loved this episode. 9/10 for the episode and 8/10 for the entire series. Really improved halfway through.
♜♞♝♛♚♝♞♜
♟♟♟♟♟♟♟♟
Join Me, Pawns!
Mar 26, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 2015
Great series overall, not sure why ppl are complaining.

If you not happy with it, make your own anime.
Mar 26, 2016 11:21 AM

Jun 2015
Basukesu-GE said:
Got hyped as heck when this track from the game's soundtrack played
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drb1papU7lE

Hyped as fuck for the OST. It isn't going to be fantastic.
Mar 26, 2016 11:23 AM

Jun 2014
So Lindow discovered Johannes secret rocket; so Johanne kills off his best God Eater by sabotaging the operation... fkin dick.

wtf how did Lenka survive and was allowed back inside? half his body eroded with Oracle.
Mar 26, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2008
This is actually a pretty good finale. Looking forward to season 2. Oh, Lenka just turn into Saiyan. So is Rindou really dead?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Mar 26, 2016 11:30 AM

Oct 2008
Was it just me that found plainly stupidity that cheering after breaking a wing (assuming they didn't knew only a Pita could deal with Pita)?
"Hell yeah, we broke it, we just need another 20478 sacrifices to break the other wings, limbs and, perhaps, get to the core! Let's do it"

Someone who played the game, mind telling me what is the difference between Alisa and Lenka, as both are Newtypes or something like that? Super Sayan Lenka FTW, the others were just cannon fodder, which was absolutely expected.
Anyway, a shallow ending for a shallow anime, not that I expected much from a game-based one (actually, I DID expect more, and the only thing that lived up with my expectations was the gorgeous animation, thank you for existing, Ufotable). At least the hype will be lesser for the 2nd season.
Mar 26, 2016 11:32 AM

May 2015
Was Lindow's arm also severed in the game? I've played it but didn't actually finished it. I know the story is different but I'm just wondering~
Mar 26, 2016 11:51 AM

Sep 2008
Okay so that ending was pretty nice, enjoyable.

i liked all the nostalgia hits from the game

I don't even know if i missed anything but overall before the last 4 i thought this series was mediocre especially with the MC lacking in the power department that, from my memory of the game, shouldn't have been lacking...

Last 4 episodes held this series up to a point where i can say i'll buy the blu-ray because it was enjoyable; probably only because i played the game.
Mar 26, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2011
I guess what this series needed was a nice long break because the last three episodes were better than the combined ten preceding them. That said, not enough to offset the major mediocrity prior to the break but the ending made me ok with going into another season optimistically if there is more in the future.
Mar 26, 2016 11:52 AM

Apr 2011
Gaikoz said:
Was Lindow's arm also severed in the game? I've played it but didn't actually finished it. I know the story is different but I'm just wondering~

Mar 26, 2016 11:53 AM

Jan 2014
fuck this show.

4/10
MagicalMahouMar 26, 2016 11:57 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 26, 2016 11:57 AM

Nov 2008
Pretty awesome ending, though I was hoping Lenka would get some humanoid Aragami form.
Mar 26, 2016 11:58 AM

Jan 2015
Really good finale, as a whole God Eater was strong down the stretch. Glad that most of the haters went away during these last 4 eps.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 26, 2016 12:13 PM

May 2015
KiritoKun said:
Gaikoz said:

Ohhh I see. I guess I'll go and finish it then~ TY~
Mar 26, 2016 12:23 PM
Oct 2012
RodrigoL said:
Basukesu-GE said:
Shio made an appearance, I think the anime may get a sequel, but wayyyy later down the road considering Ufotable has Tales of Zestiria and other projects on their hands right now

Do you know who is the shadow girl/boy??

Shio :)
Mar 26, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
I started this anime without knowledge of the game and although the first reviews I read were not exactly positive I wanted to give it a look with my own eyes.

Not the best but neither the worst. It's a nice show with a simple plot and a lot of action.

Last battle was really epic.

7/10 for me.
Mar 26, 2016 12:35 PM
Oct 2012
I swear, Lenka's new God Arc that was first thought to be a Boost Hammer had more freaking layers than onions.
Mar 26, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2015
the god arc should be called frieza
when it hits you
Mar 26, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
The director is one of those annoying types with God complexes that think they know what's best for everyone else. I would love to see the reaction of linda's sister to who was behind his death or attempted death. Hopefully there is going to be a 2nd season sometime soon.
Mar 26, 2016 12:49 PM

Jul 2015
Pretty good finale. I really loved the animation on the fight against Pita. Pretty strong finale.
Mar 26, 2016 12:56 PM

Feb 2014
An epic way to wrap up this show! At last, the OP as hell Pita finally met it's end thanks to Lenka's super saiyan-like power! =D

Not only that, but Lindow seems to be alive too, but I'm curious to know who the silhouette person is though...

I'm glad that ufotable made these four episode an absolute blast. They got off to an underwhelming start with the inconsistent animation and the lack of decent progression of the character development, but they got into their stride and thankfully delivered the potential that this show should've had from the start.

Overall, a 7/10 or 8/10 seems fair.
Mar 26, 2016 1:02 PM

Jun 2015
Great finale. I have gained a lot of respect for Lenka as a character. They hinted that Lindow might be alive at the end. Lenka is really being eaten away. I wonder how much time he has left to live now. They said three years but after that fight i can see maybe one year. I loved how he used the broken wing to attack pita. Great episode and a fantastic anime. Does not deserve any of the hate that it gets because its a great anime. I really hope for a season 2. I will also be buying the games because they look awesome.
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 26, 2016 1:16 PM

Jul 2015
What's the meaning of this?

LOL, seems like they were already dating XD (don't mind).

Btw, any hint for next season?

Overall for this anime is good, i hope for the second season to be announced soon.
Mar 26, 2016 1:21 PM
Mar 2016
Just finished the episode. So Lenka's golden hair disappeared after the fight.
His eyes however, are still yellow like they were in his transformed state. I wonder what that means? :O
Mar 26, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2008
jirachi3x said:
Great finale. I have gained a lot of respect for Lenka as a character. They hinted that Lindow might be alive at the end. Lenka is really being eaten away. I wonder how much time he has left to live now. They said three years but after that fight i can see maybe one year. I loved how he used the broken wing to attack pita. Great episode and a fantastic anime. Does not deserve any of the hate that it gets because its a great anime. I really hope for a season 2. I will also be buying the games because they look awesome.

Game is great, but they ACTUALLY said that he doesn't have long to live if he keeps fighting, if he STOPS he has 3 years.

RapeRapeRape said:

Overall for this anime is good, i hope for the second season to be announced soon.

Mar 26, 2016 1:29 PM

Jan 2008
Oh man they teased Shio. And that was totally Lindow smoking.

Anyway, really nice episode, hated Lenka's god arc last episode but good to know it was just random parts. Liked how they incorporated using aragami parts to make new god arcs like the game does

And they put in the game OST! Heck ya!

A sequel would be fantastic but I can't see one any soon.
Mar 26, 2016 1:31 PM

Jan 2008
TheUnknownMerc said:
jirachi3x said:

Game is great, but they ACTUALLY said that he doesn't have long to live if he keeps fighting, if he STOPS he has 3 years.

RapeRapeRape said:

In the manga she is considered the love interest. Though I've never played God Eater 2, she doesn't fall under that role in 1 since you can chose your gender. Not sure if your character in 1 is mentioned/noted or the same person as 2.
Mar 26, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
TheUnknownMerc said:

Yup, now he becomes a captain and has another uniform. XD

Agreed, cause this series not focus for romantic zone of course, though have a little bit clue.
Mar 26, 2016 1:52 PM
Jan 2011
i like this Anime.
Wait for Season 2. It looks more interesting

( What ever comes!!! Don`t give up! Hope are always in the near....)
Mar 26, 2016 1:53 PM

Sep 2008
Paul said:
TheUnknownMerc said:

In the manga she is considered the love interest. Though I've never played God Eater 2, she doesn't fall under that role in 1 since you can chose your gender. Not sure if your character in 1 is mentioned/noted or the same person as 2.

Manga, to my memory, isn't canon,

God Eater 2 your character is confirmed the same as God Eater 1 and both are confirmed as the MC in the anime (Same name when porting default names into the game). I'm pretty sure it's only hinted but is never actually done.
Mar 26, 2016 2:14 PM

Aug 2010
Lenka's rapid growth and character development could be considered kinda rushed but I really like what his character turned out to be. He's awesome.

Obligatory Alisa underboobs and Sakuya sideboobs 10/10s <3

And man do I love Pita. His smirks are awesome. He got REKT by SSJ Lenka tho lol

Glad to see Lindow is alive with his ark revving at the end :P

8.5/10 for me
Mar 26, 2016 2:17 PM

Oct 2011
OMG THIS WAS EPIC!!!!

Super Saiyan Lenka OMFG <333
Dat OST made everything BAD@SS
OMG is erosion is spreading T__T
Lindow is alive OMG, Dat Girl OMG
Whoa the final boss in that room with the rocket OMG

Hmm does the director have the erosion too....Blonde hair?
Mar 26, 2016 2:17 PM

Apr 2013
Meh, for both this episode and the anime as a whole.
5/10
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Mar 26, 2016 2:19 PM

Nov 2014
I feel like I just watched an extra long commercial that had pretty colors, nice weather effects, a delayed, and an ending that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Sigh. I don't even remember anything before the delay.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2016

255 by Suopi »»
Feb 21, 9:37 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.