Forum Settings
Forums

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (TV) 2nd Season - Sunny Day Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 17, 2015 11:40 AM

Mar 2015
AntiBullyRanger said:
astroprogs said:
LE is canon.
No, it's not

RN isn't canon, so LE isn't

You have yet to actually provide a factual counter argument except typical "No you" response.Prilya isn't canon,nor is Fate Strange Fake or Apocrypha but they still are a part of Nasuverse because they use the same world mechanics.You can try to justify your point by using "Lol Zeltrech","lol 2nd Magic" logic but technically they aren't. Strictly speaking,FSN VN(including RN),F/HA,Fate Extra and CCC (never read GOA so idk)are the only ones that are canon.The rest are "additions".At the risk of potentially garnering attention from some serious salty fans here,even UFOUBW is more canon than prilya because execution shenaigans aside,the changes were mostly made by Nasu's permission and he himself wrote couple of scenes.
Oct 17, 2015 11:45 AM

Aug 2014
Animestic said:
nor is Fate Strange Fake or Apocrypha but they still are a part of Nasuverse because they use the same world mechanics.You can try to justify your point by using "Lol Zeltrech","lol 2nd Magic" logic but technically they aren't. Strictly speaking,FSN VN(including RN),F/HA,Fate Extra and CCC (never read GOA so idk)are the only ones that are canon.

This is so wrong.
astroprogs said:

Meaning that Prillya can go against F/SN's rules due to being in a different universe and still be 100% canon as long as it follows its own set of rules accurately.

Not really...?
Of course. A credible source would be needed for that, though.

Hiroyamas twitter works
Well, i'm not bothered enough to argue a tweet as a legitimate source of non canonicity if you dont consider it so.
InsertanamehereOct 17, 2015 11:49 AM
Oct 17, 2015 11:47 AM

Mar 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Animestic said:
nor is Fate Strange Fake or Apocrypha but they still are a part of Nasuverse because they use the same world mechanics.You can try to justify your point by using "Lol Zeltrech","lol 2nd Magic" logic but technically they aren't. Strictly speaking,FSN VN(including RN),F/HA,Fate Extra and CCC (never read GOA so idk)are the only ones that are canon.

This is so wrong.

??
Oct 17, 2015 11:47 AM

Aug 2014
Animestic said:
Insertanamehere said:

This is so wrong.

??

For starters, why include Extra and CCC in that list? What makes them different from other Fate/s?
Are Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime and Mahoyo not canon?
HA works with the basis of alternate dimensions so how could you include that in canon after saying "lol 2nd magic doesnt make things canon"?
Oct 17, 2015 11:51 AM

Aug 2010
Animestic said:
Prilya isn't canon,nor is Fate Strange Fake or Apocrypha but they still are a part of Nasuverse because they use the same world mechanics.You can try to justify your point by using "Lol Zeltrech","lol 2nd Magic" logic but technically they aren't. Strictly speaking,FSN VN(including RN),F/HA,Fate Extra and CCC (never read GOA so idk)are the only ones that are canon.The rest are "additions".At the risk of potentially garnering attention from some serious salty fans here,even UFOUBW is more canon than prilya because execution shenaigans aside,the changes were mostly made by Nasu's permission and he himself wrote couple of scenes.

By that definition, F/Z isn't canon neither are the several non-lore-breaking scenes written by different authors in Hollow ataraxia BTW.
Something being canon doesn't mean it has to be written by Nasu.
Oct 17, 2015 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
Well if he's going by "written by nasu=canon" I guess that makes Canaan and DDD canon?

nice, DDD is too good to not be canon
Oct 17, 2015 11:54 AM

Mar 2015
Insertanamehere said:
Animestic said:

??

For starters, why include Extra and CCC in that list? What makes them different from other Fate/s?
Are Kara no Kyoukai, Tsukihime and Mahoyo not canon?
HA works with the basis of alternate dimensions so how could you include that in canon after saying "lol 2nd magic doesnt make things canon"?

Well we are talking in a Fate episode discussion thread,so that should be a given what I meant by the ones I included in the Fate side..:P

..HA is a bit more than that though your statement is sort of simplifying that.

Extra and CCC,well Nasu was directly involved with it.

Edit:Huh,how is Canaan canon..is it really a part of Type Moon to begin with?I wouldn't really mind either ways about DDD tbh.Its damn good on its own merit.
AnimesticOct 17, 2015 12:03 PM
Oct 17, 2015 11:55 AM

Aug 2010
Insertanamehere said:
Not really...?

What's the criteria for something being canon in your opinion then?

Insertanamehere said:
Hiroyamas twitter works
Well, i'm not bothered enough to argue a tweet as a legitimate source of non canonicity if you dont consider it so.

I haven't seen that tweet TBH, so without knowing its legitimacy and context i can argue neither for nor against it.

Animestic said:
Edit:Huh,how is Canaan canon..is it really a part of Type Moon to begin with?

Canaan is written by Nasu, the character design is by Takeuchi and the anime series is a part of Type-Moon.
astroprogsOct 17, 2015 12:08 PM
Oct 17, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2014
Animestic said:

Extra and CCC,well Nasu was directly involved with it.

Edit:Huh,how is Canaan canon..is it really a part of Type Moon to begin with?I wouldn't really mind either ways about DDD tbh.Its damn good on its own merit.

My point being that if you consider only what Nasu is involved in to be the definition of canon, then DDD and Canaan, written by Nasu, is canon.
And Zero would not be.

Well we are talking in a Fate episode discussion thread,so that should be a given what I meant by the ones I included in the Fate side..:P

But you said alternate possibilities aren't canon because multiverse argument doesn't count, and KNK and Tsukihime are explicitly AU to one another.
Hell, even Fate, UBW and HF are.

..HA is a bit more than that though your statement is sort of simplifying that.

because they use the same world mechanics.

As do Apocrypha and SF, so?

astroprogs said:

What's the criteria for something being canon in your opinion then?

It follows the established rules and lore of the verse(s), is not retconned away, and is a work published/produced/presented by Notes Co., Ltd., under the Type-Moon brand.

I haven't seen that tweet TBH, so without knowing its legitimacy and context i can argue neither for nor against it.

InsertanamehereOct 17, 2015 12:27 PM
Oct 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Aug 2010
Insertanamehere said:

It follows the established rules and lore of the verse, is not retconned away, and is a work published by Type-Moon and/or produced by Notes Co., Ltd.

I agree with that criterea.
Prillya follows the overarching rules the same way EXTRA does and adding plausible exceptions doesn't make it non-canon unless Nasu explicitly says so. Prillya is under the Type-Moon brand and the anime was co-produced by Notes.

Insertanamehere said:

Hmmm. Not clear enough.
Oct 17, 2015 12:29 PM

Mar 2015
My point being that if you consider only what Nasu is involved in to be the definition of canon, then DDD and Canaan, written by Nasu, is canon.
And Zero would not be.

I watched it few years back so my memory might be hazy but does Canaan really follow any of the Nauverse "mechanics" to begin with because I don't really remember so.About Zero,well you do get a pretty decent idea about 4th HGW's or Zero's equivalent time period progression throughout the entirety of 3 routes. Urobutchi basically just tied the disjointed knots and introduced some characters.

But you said alternate possibilities aren't canon because multiverse argument doesn't count, and KNK and Tsukihime are explicitly AU to one another.
Hell, even Fate, UBW and HF are.

Don't get me wrong,I am not discounting the functioning of 2nd True Magic,specially in case of Tsuki and KNK.What I meant is being part of Nasuverse doesn't necessarily make it canon.When I mean Nasuverse and canon,I mean those which actually use the mechanics of the world mentioned and
the writer being involved with it..so Canaan shouldn't be a part of this to begin with.
Oct 17, 2015 12:32 PM

Aug 2014
astroprogs said:

I agree with that criterea.
Prillya follows the overarching rules the same way EXTRA does and adding plausible exceptions doesn't make it non-canon unless Nasu explicitly says so. Prillya is under the Type-Moon brand and the anime was co-produced by Notes.

The anime is yeah but the manga was and is published independently.
Animestic said:
I watched it few years back so my memory might be hazy but does Canaan really follow any of the Nauverse "mechanics"

And Apocryopha and SF do, so?
Oct 17, 2015 12:36 PM

Mar 2015
Nasu is not involved in either
Oct 17, 2015 12:39 PM

Aug 2010
Insertanamehere said:

The anime adapts the manga which IS under the Type-Moon brand, though. It was licensed from Notes.
Oct 17, 2015 12:42 PM

Aug 2014
astroprogs said:
Insertanamehere said:

The anime adapts the manga which IS under the Type-Moon brand, though. It was licensed from Notes.

Well in any case it's debatable and i'm not bothered enough to keep debating so w/e.
Animestic said:
Nasu is not involved in either

Fate/UC is canon.
Tiger Colosseum is canon.
Shinji found a card game that will let him take over the world.

Nasu oversees all TM published works anyway.
InsertanamehereOct 17, 2015 12:47 PM
Oct 17, 2015 12:47 PM

Mar 2015
IIRC they are mostly based on FSN and partly FHA events and not alternate world settings granted its not really serious
AnimesticOct 17, 2015 12:51 PM
Oct 17, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:

Insertanamehere said:

Hmmm. Not clear enough.

Its just him being humble and shrugging off a question. Its no different than Nasu's bullshit Q&A jokes.

MightyM16 said:
CookingPriest said:
Prillya is canon and it takes place in parallel world just like each route.

UBW Good End on other hand is just impossible fanservice that should not be thought about too much.

>An actual ending in a VN where every ending is canon
"Not canon"

>A spin off series that contradicts some estabilshed main universe facts
"Totally canon"

gg Fai

LE and Good End contradict far more than Prillya even did.

LE is just fanservice
Good End is not a "legitimate" ending and more of a feel-good what-if for saber fans without any possibility of continuing.

astroprogs said:
Insertanamehere said:

Correct.

The backstory is clearly set up to be a mystery.
AhenshihaelOct 17, 2015 12:52 PM
Oct 17, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2010
Insertanamehere said:

Oct 17, 2015 12:52 PM

Aug 2014
CookingPriest said:

Go on, explain how.
astroprogs said:

That tl was incorrect, iirc.
Oct 17, 2015 1:07 PM

Aug 2010
Insertanamehere said:
astroprogs said:

That tl was incorrect, iirc.

The anime's? She used the word 蘇生 (Sosei), meaning "Resuscitation" as its primary most used meaning: https://translate.google.com.eg/?hl=en&tab=wT#ja/en/%E8%98%87%E7%94%9F
It can also mean "Resurrection", but "Resuscitation" was the higher priority result for the word.
Oct 17, 2015 1:08 PM

Jul 2007
astroprogs said:
Insertanamehere said:

Oct 17, 2015 1:15 PM

Aug 2010
CookingPriest said:
astroprogs said:

Oct 17, 2015 3:23 PM

Mar 2015
CookingPriest said:

LE is just fanservice
Good End is not a "legitimate" ending and more of a feel-good what-if for saber fans without any possibility of continuing.

I refuse to believe this is anything but low quality bait
Oct 18, 2015 12:23 PM

Sep 2013
Since this is the harem ending, I think it's appropriate to put this here
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2015 1:49 PM

Nov 2014
I checked the posts on this thread recently and can't help but notice that there's a bit of a debate regarding canonicity in the works of Lord and Savior Nasu. (」゜ロ゜)」

To be honest, as long as people are enjoying content related to a specific series, regardless of whether the original author has a hand in it or not, it shouldn't matter if something is canon or not. I believe several people that love doujins are in a similar kind of mindset.

Regardless, as long as everyone can find some sort of enjoyment out of these works of fiction, then bringing these differences into question should have little to no value overall. These are my two cents on the matter. Let's set aside these minute disputes and rejoice, together.

Oct 25, 2015 12:05 AM

Sep 2015
Mickdrew said:
Since this is the harem ending, I think it's appropriate to put this here

Hahaha That's why the good end isn't just a good end for Shirou but Rin as well ;)

Back On topic I watched it a couple times and enjoyed it for what it was. A good adaptation of the good end. Personally I loved the end in the VN but didn't realize there were so many haters O_o

I give it a 10/10 didn't like Shirou tripping but the ending redeemed it self with Rin's Booty shot!!!!
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 4, 2015 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
That was nice. I wish it was longer.

8/10
Nov 19, 2015 12:47 PM

May 2015
Short, but sweet. Seeing Saber like that makes it all worth it.

Nov 19, 2015 7:17 PM
Sep 2013
AntiBullyRanger said:
MightyM16 said:
Still canon tho unlike Prillya
Prillya's canonicity is far less questionable than ufo's UBW

rekt
Nov 19, 2015 7:31 PM
Sep 2013
P3dr05 said:
I checked the posts on this thread recently and can't help but notice that there's a bit of a debate regarding canonicity in the works of Lord and Savior Nasu. (」゜ロ゜)」

To be honest, as long as people are enjoying content related to a specific series, regardless of whether the original author has a hand in it or not, it shouldn't matter if something is canon or not. I believe several people that love doujins are in a similar kind of mindset.

Regardless, as long as everyone can find some sort of enjoyment out of these works of fiction, then bringing these differences into question should have little to no value overall. These are my two cents on the matter. Let's set aside these minute disputes and rejoice, together.

GG on ending the catfight...
Nov 19, 2015 10:04 PM

Mar 2015
elricboy said:
AntiBullyRanger said:
Prillya's canonicity is far less questionable than ufo's UBW

rekt

How rekt? Aspects of ufo UBW made into canon, Prillya is just a spin off

Nov 22, 2015 6:53 PM

Mar 2015
P3dr05 said:

Yorokobe, we have another rejoicer :D
Nov 30, 2015 2:12 PM
Nov 2015
i can't bring myself to like this ending no matter how good ufotable is, it still lacks some "good" things
Dec 31, 2015 2:21 PM

Jun 2012
I've always been a fan of the threesome end. Saber staying with Shirou warms my heart.
Jan 1, 2016 6:05 AM
Nov 2015
Boost ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 3, 2016 11:54 PM

Apr 2012
elricboy said:
P3dr05 said:

GG on ending the catfight...
Yorokobe, everyone.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 4, 2016 1:08 AM
Jun 2015
What the hell is LE?
Feb 24, 2016 11:10 PM
Sep 2013
Do I really want to watch this? I hated this ending in the game. Well, maybe "hate" is too strong a word but it was so meh. I hope they at least added new material.

I don't get why Saber would agree to stay considering how much of a fuss she made about "fulfilling her duty" in the Fate route. Shirou had to go through hell just to get the bitch to budge and she still killed him for the sake of her duty in that one extremely hard to get bad end.
MrNTRFeb 24, 2016 11:24 PM
Feb 24, 2016 11:28 PM
Sep 2013
astroprogs said:
AntiBullyRanger said:
No, it's not

RN isn't canon, so LE isn't

Source on RN not being canon, please. Either Nasu or Takeuchi would be fine.

RN is canon and so is LE, they were released with the main story as part of the main story. Until official sources say otherwise, the default is that they're canon. No, I don't give a shit who your waifu is or what your favorite route is. At the very least, LE is canon within the Fate route, though all things considered, the Fate route would be the canon route if a canon route had to be chosen; for one thing, the entire freaking game is named after it.

Again, I don't give a fuck how anyone feel about any of the characters or the routes, get over yourselves.

MightyM16 said:
elricboy said:

rekt

Please don't bring up that bullshit of a series when discussing the main series. Also, its less than a spin-off, Nasu had absolutely nothing to do with the writing.
MrNTRFeb 24, 2016 11:43 PM
Feb 25, 2016 5:05 PM

Mar 2015
MrNTR said:
Do I really want to watch this? I hated this ending in the game. Well, maybe "hate" is too strong a word but it was so meh. I hope they at least added new material.

I don't get why Saber would agree to stay considering how much of a fuss she made about "fulfilling her duty" in the Fate route. Shirou had to go through hell just to get the bitch to budge and she still killed him for the sake of her duty in that one extremely hard to get bad end.

Because different routes, different circumstances?

And to get that bad end you have to pratically be an ass towards her so it's understandable that she let her duty control her for a second

MrNTR said:

Please don't bring up that bullshit of a series when discussing the main series. Also, its less than a spin-off, Nasu had absolutely nothing to do with the writing.

inb4 Fai
MightyM16Jul 13, 2016 11:38 AM
Feb 26, 2016 6:15 PM

Jan 2015
hmm sweet ending different from the anime and manga but it was overall alright for a fanserviced episode.
Mar 24, 2016 7:15 AM

Oct 2012
Well, this was nice short but still, it was maybe too short. It was cool but that doesn't change the fact this is kinda bad end, sort of, born of Shirou's indecision.

The way it was implied he has to "supply" her with mana was kinda out of place though as it doesn't make much sense in context of previous all-ages workaround but well.

Don't have high hopes for upcoming Ufo HF but at least there is something to look forward too.
Wish they would do without censorship and go all out with it as all-ages workaround really doesn't make much sense in case of Sakura line.
Apr 19, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2015
So... this is the Harem ending...
Mehh ok...
I could live without this.
Apr 19, 2016 7:08 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
Mehh ok...
they're called the "good endings" for a reason. both fate and tsukihime have these alternate pander endings. the other ending being called the "true ending"
Apr 19, 2016 7:10 PM

Nov 2015
Maloghurst said:
HDarkmantis said:
Mehh ok...
they're called the "good endings" for a reason. both fate and tsukihime have these alternate pander endings. the other ending being called the "true ending"
Got to keep everyone happy, eh? jeje.
I'll avoid this ending when I try the UBW route this week.
Apr 19, 2016 7:28 PM

Sep 2014
HDarkmantis said:
Maloghurst said:
ya know, i dont really know too many people that were "happy" about the good end. i mean they enjoyed the fanservice because ya know fanservice. but these good ends really really stink up the tone that the story gave you.
Apr 19, 2016 7:35 PM

Nov 2015
Maloghurst said:
HDarkmantis said:
ya know, i dont really know too many people that were "happy" about the good end. i mean they enjoyed the fanservice because ya know fanservice. but these good ends really really stink up the tone that the story gave you.

I know right? That's why I avoid fanservice... I just does not feel right to me.
But it is here, if anyone likes it (I think I watched some +8 reviews while looking for the link to the forums in the MAL page)
Apr 19, 2016 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
HDarkmantis said:
Maloghurst said:
Pretty much there's not a single person who actually LIKES UBW "good end". Even more so in Anime, where it was altered to be even more haremy and fanpandery.

It does not even make sense within canon as no matter how much sex Rin and Shirou would have there's no way to sustain a servant without a grail around.

Its pretty easy to avoid the "good end" - as the way it is achieved is by pandering to Saber at every single possible situation - basically trying to treat start of ubw as fate route.
May 10, 2016 10:58 PM

Sep 2011
Threesome!!! Everyone wins! Perfect ending!
May 15, 2016 5:00 PM

Apr 2010
Punk434says said:
What the hell is LE?

Last Episode. Basically Seibah pandering an Epilogue for the Fate route that unlocked after viewing the other endings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCFd6f6KB9Q

MrNTR said:
MightyM16 said:

You're just mad that Prillya 3rei is better than FSN.
antonnMay 15, 2016 5:21 PM
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Who Else Chose These Ending

isolated-otaku - Jun 26, 2023

3 by lixiuyue »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:54 AM

» How _ still Here, And how _ survived in the second season? [SPOILERS]

YooNooMAL - Jun 16, 2019

4 by senjou_hitagi »»
Jan 1, 2020 6:12 AM

» Sparks Liner High for HF

Wyatt - Sep 26, 2015

45 by Playcool »»
May 19, 2018 3:56 AM

» Curtain Call Drama CD

Insertanamehere - Oct 11, 2015

3 by Animestic »»
Oct 11, 2015 10:15 AM

» air date

Hiroyuuki - Oct 9, 2015

4 by Rhys2753 »»
Oct 10, 2015 7:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.