Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 1, 2015 8:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think Haimura might of made a new friend? I'd say more of a rival but lesser so at the threat of his life now. Jokes aside, the ending was somewhat cute.

Still not feeling much about the show but I can stand Shizuno's presence and her honesty.
Feb 1, 2015 10:34 AM

Sep 2012
Not a very good anime, but I do love the way Shizuno is... I'd feel bad if she isn't his main interest, knowing how this'll end with a harem I declare she should be Option A hands down for her honesty. Cute ending, she is very true to her feelings something you don't see often in anime when questioned.
Feb 1, 2015 10:42 AM

Jan 2012
Well more backstory on Shizuno and Moroha this week, culminating with a dramatic, if a bit corny, rescue and a battle against Edward. Still a pretty meh series, but it's pretty easy to watch at least. Oh and as expected Edward's driver was indeed the one who attacked Moroha last week.

Double oh, and I still prefer Satsuki but Shizuno can be forgiven now for being terrible in episode 2 I guess...
Feb 1, 2015 10:50 AM

Nov 2009
7.07? Seriously? This show is the most underrated in this year, for sure.
Hope this has at least 24 episodes, i really like it. One of the best this season.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei was underrated at first too, some people just need more time to realize how awesome something really is. Glad i'm not one of those slowpokes.
Feb 1, 2015 11:07 AM

Jul 2010
Nice one, finally Shizuno's Neesan got own in another way, DAMMIT.
yeo
Feb 1, 2015 11:15 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Maya can actually drive a car? O_O;

Shizuno's finally released from the shackles of the Urushibara family chaining her down. It's really great to see her smiling and laughing naturally like that. :)

Great episode! And there will be a beach episode next week, dohohohoho~ ;D
Feb 1, 2015 11:22 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was great! :o Certainly made me like the anime more now after the only fine start.

EDIT: Beach episode next, that sucks.
Feb 1, 2015 11:26 AM

Apr 2010
"I'm invincible"
"But I'm the main character."

Basically sums up that fight perfectly.

*sigh* When will people learn that making the main character OP like that and giving him such an obvious plot armour is not a good way of writing characters?
Feb 1, 2015 11:44 AM

May 2013
Good episode. Moroha was there for Shizuno when she need him the most. That fight with him and Edward was pretty nice too.
Feb 1, 2015 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
Moroha was there for Shizuno.

Nice fight between him and Edward!
Feb 1, 2015 11:55 AM

Feb 2014
Dammit! Lolis driving cars are becoming a thing now!
Feb 1, 2015 12:13 PM

Dec 2013
Loli becomes Moroha's roommate.... Loli has license to drive rad 80's sports cars.... Loli has ability to set a battlefield for Moroha to go crazy in....

And out of all of this, the only thought that came to my mind when he started freezing everything up was: "Those poor, poor deer!"

So much of this show is pure cliche.
Heroine needs to leave Hero because of unspeakable obligations, Hero doesn't give two fucks because, hey, he's the Hero. Hero then crashes antagonist's party (in this case, the fugly brother) and makes off with the Heroine. Antagonist gets mad and tells henchman to bring Heroine back at all costs, then Hero defeats said Henchmen and they live happily ever after. Cue the Disney music...

I didn't understand why Moroha had to hold back against Edward. I mean, before he regained his memories of Shizuno, did he really think that he was already in a position to beat Edward? Kind of arrogant if you ask me, and one of the reasons putting me off from liking Moroha.

Oh and the principal is so hot!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 1, 2015 12:18 PM

Feb 2008
I have to agree that her Tee-hee is cute hehe. ^_^
I actually like this episode better with more past life flashback Moroha and Shizuno.
It feel more like Satsuki become kind of out character lol.
Haruka did have screentime in previous episode but that wasn't much thought.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 1, 2015 12:19 PM

Sep 2012
Shizuno's laugh is super cute.
Oh god who are you people?
Feb 1, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
Step 8 Dark Art.

5/5
Feb 1, 2015 12:29 PM

Aug 2014
I think we have already found a candidate for most overpowered character of the year.
Be like this seal. It is a happy seal.
~Review Guidelines~ | ~Recommendation Guidelines~ | ~Mafia Society~
Feb 1, 2015 1:05 PM
Sep 2014
lol Maya copying Takumi's moves from Initial D
Feb 1, 2015 1:14 PM
Dec 2012
Can plana not be seen by other people? It seems only MC can see others.
Feb 1, 2015 1:22 PM
Sep 2014
eimantas3373 said:

Haimura is OP.. he can see anything... and all he needs to do is "remember". and get gains some super spell
Feb 1, 2015 1:24 PM

Jan 2014
llcruz said:
Dammit! Lolis driving cars are becoming a thing now!

Needs to be a MAL group with Maya and Eddelrittuo. :D
Feb 1, 2015 1:26 PM

Jul 2010
This was a really enjoyable episode. Breaking into the Urushibara's residence and declaring himself rank S to protect Shizuno.

Getting to fight Edward and further developing from his potential, really like the chanting and the flashbacks! Freezing everything within sight, it was a nice fight with changing consequences.

The was quite the atmosphere at the end.
Feb 1, 2015 1:29 PM

Jan 2014
Saito6689 said:
7.07? Seriously? This show is the most underrated in this year, for sure.
Hope this has at least 24 episodes, i really like it. One of the best this season.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei was underrated at first too, some people just need more time to realize how awesome something really is. Glad i'm not one of those slowpokes.

I agree!

rdtx2013 said:
eimantas3373 said:

Haimura is OP.. he can see anything... and all he needs to do is "remember". and get gains some super spell

Just like that

Overall a great episode!Can't wait for more!
Feb 1, 2015 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was so random. Them riding a Toyota to get away was so weird but cool to see (Initial D eh?). Looks like the next one is going to be a beach episode. I was waiting for one.
Feb 1, 2015 2:58 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
If this anime had good art and animation, that battle would have been beyond amazing....It was great but it looked really choppy and meh

Shizuno is easily the best thing about this series imo and her chemistry with Haimura is just 10/10
Feb 1, 2015 3:08 PM

Aug 2013
Moroha showing how to be a badass protagonist, is so it invades a house, and still escapes with a loli (which is her roommate) driving a car, besides winning against one of the strongest warriors

However, poor Shizuno, went through several difficulties, both in the past life as in the current, and again was saved by Moroha, even with his cold behavior when showing your feelings is very cute, is one of the best girls of the season ..
Feb 1, 2015 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
the ice dragon was cool thats all haha
Feb 1, 2015 3:47 PM

Mar 2012
rdtx2013 said:
eimantas3373 said:

Some people, like me, like those kinds of power in whose enemies don't even have a chance of winning. I like it a lot, it's seriously amazing when there's so much epicness in one anime, I don't care if the story is shit (which actually isn't that shitty, I've seen much much worse) but if the fights are epic then it's worth watching.

You say it's cliche? Guess what... I don't give a shit.
Feb 1, 2015 4:08 PM
May 2014
Legeviel said:
"I'm invincible"
"But I'm the main character."

Basically sums up that fight perfectly.

*sigh* When will people learn that making the main character OP like that and giving him such an obvious plot armour is not a good way of writing characters?

Using an ability that he's previously used (in a past life) according to the flashbacks is plot armor?

"Therefore, whenever Bob is in a situation where he could be killed (or at the least very seriously injured), he
comes out unharmed with no logical, In-Universe explanation."

Wouldn't the fact that he's already used said ability in an earlier life and it was shown in a
flashback long before the fight invalidate it as plot armor?
Btw, they showed a part of the flashback in this episode too (the original longer one was in
ep 3, 13:06).

It has also been established that the people there (not just the MC) remember their past lives
to some degree, including skills.
konatachan80Feb 1, 2015 4:12 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 1, 2015 4:28 PM

Mar 2010
So Maya can drive...she's got a license?
[spoiler]
Feb 1, 2015 5:06 PM

Oct 2011
Tokoya said:
If this anime had good art and animation, that battle would have been beyond amazing....It was great but it looked really choppy and meh

Shizuno is easily the best thing about this series imo and her chemistry with Haimura is just 10/10

The relationship between Shizuno and Hamimura, really is making this anime one of my favorite anime of the season.
Feb 1, 2015 5:06 PM

Dec 2014
The battle was good.

Also being a Soul Eater fan, Angela Johnson (Edward's personal assistant) makes it totally feel like Maka Albarn taking part in this anime, with same voice actor and similar character design. :d

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

Feb 1, 2015 5:15 PM

Jul 2014
Wish Shizuno was the main interest
Feb 1, 2015 5:20 PM

Dec 2013
This show is the cringe show. Especially when he starts twirling his fingers in the air writing a spell.

The cringe game is on!!!

Damn harems... it makes reality even worse.

So far, an tsundere imouto, a kawaii loli, and a big breasted mature girl.

Nice? I guess for now, its a nice harem. Dunno how it'll go.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Feb 1, 2015 6:57 PM
May 2014
Great episode, shizuno is the best girl and I hope her relation with MC continues to develop.
Feb 1, 2015 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
This show deserves a higher budget. I like Shizuno and Moroha's relationship much better than the ones in the other harem options out this season. It feels more genuine.
Feb 1, 2015 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
natsukage said:
So Maya can drive...she's got a license?

This.

That insanely long incantation time. At least the enemy attacked while he was chanting and not just wait for him to finish casting it.

I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Feb 1, 2015 8:28 PM

Oct 2007
Moroha Storming his way in to see his waifu while doesn't give a damn about the brother and then grab her and jump off the build while having his imouto and a loli driving a sport car to pick him up. How badass can this guy be?

Oh don't forget he got in a one-door sport car while carrying Shizuno in both hands and possibly even without having Satsuki leaving her seat.
SivaFeb 1, 2015 8:31 PM

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 1, 2015 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
Moroha beating ass and taking names again.

That maid got cocky fighting somebody who wasn't thrashing her for once.

Moroha beats Edward and gets a few deer in the process. Oh well, just means they wont run into the headlights of the principals cool car.

Shizuno continuing to dominate the best girl slot.

L-Ryoshi said:
So much of this show is pure cliche.
Heroine needs to leave Hero because of unspeakable obligations, Hero doesn't give two fucks because, hey, he's the Hero. Hero then crashes antagonist's party (in this case, the fugly brother) and makes off with the Heroine. Antagonist gets mad and tells henchman to bring Heroine back at all costs, then Hero defeats said Henchmen and they live happily ever after. Cue the Disney music...

I didn't understand why Moroha had to hold back against Edward. I mean, before he regained his memories of Shizuno, did he really think that he was already in a position to beat Edward? Kind of arrogant if you ask me, and one of the reasons putting me off from liking Moroha.

Uh, I think the Hero did give two fucks. Considering how he supported her on the phone, and then went out of his way to fuck over her brother and Edward.

Also, he held back against Edward because he didn't want to kill him. Before Maya put the barrier up any injuries occurring were actually real.

eimantas3373 said:

It can be seen by everyone. That's the whole reason they had the training session in episode 1. Moroha probably just has an innate ability to sense changes in other peoples' plana...something probably EXTREMELY rare. Even among S ranks.
Feb 1, 2015 10:13 PM

Jan 2015
Hehe, that was quite an enjoyable episode. This is my first time watching an anime progressing this fast when it comes to romance and though it feels strange, it's pretty fun too.
Maya becomes Moroha's roommate. Why? The principle wants to keep an eye on him I guess. But why couldn't Maya sleep somewhere else? Why in Moroha's bed? Geez.
The rest of the episode was fun though. Man, Moroha might not remember his past lives completely but just look at what he did for Shizuno. It may be cliche but I loved how Moroha literally swept Shizuno off her feet and rescued her. It's nice to see Shizuno laughing too. And Shizuno was his wife in the past life. That's awesome!
The fight with Edward was good. And Maya's a pretty helpful companion if she can create the "Field of Dreams' whenever she wants to.
The ending of the episode was pretty cute too. Moroha was afraid of comforting Shizuno in the previous episode but look at this episode. He hugged her twice and I'm really happy about it.
Next episode is the beach episode. I'm not exactly looking forward to the fan service but hopefully the episode will be fun.
MALoween 2017 Candy:
Feb 1, 2015 10:45 PM

Jul 2010
Ok finally this is getting somehow interesting and enjoyable, the cool blonde dude was pretty funny and I hope to see him even more in the future.
Feb 1, 2015 10:51 PM

Apr 2008
Shizuno is definitely best girl, but man MC is really climbing the OP levels. Probably not Tatsuya status, but is getting there.

Feb 1, 2015 10:56 PM

May 2012
The anime keeps getting better, but it was already good from the 1st episode
Feb 1, 2015 11:06 PM

May 2014
Another overpowered protagonist ^_^
Feb 2, 2015 12:00 AM
May 2014
Meetdeath said:

Another?? It is the spineless weaklings that are a dime a dozen (and has been for years), not
the OP ones. In the later seasons its been more of the OP MC's, but I think they have alot to catch
up on to get equal.

I'm not counting combination mecha's, Reideen-style series and their like as those series are
too..something.. to even care whether the MC is OP or not..at least for me.
konatachan80Feb 2, 2015 1:19 AM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 12:29 AM

Feb 2012
Meetdeath said:
Better than the usual weak ones that also make you question whether they're heterosexual or not.
Feb 2, 2015 1:55 AM

May 2013
So she was his wife in the past life. I don't know what to think about that. It's just too cliche to even expect anymore.
That battle with Sir Edward wasn't that eyeful. Even so, he did prove that he's worthy of becoming an S rank.
That loli sure knows how to drive at high speeds. Lucky Moroha that she's his roommate.
Feb 2, 2015 1:59 AM

Aug 2014
Haimura show her skill's
Feb 2, 2015 2:31 AM
May 2014
CreamZi said:
So she was his wife in the past life. I don't know what to think about that. It's just too cliche to even expect anymore.

I think its excusable. I mean, if you are going to have people knowing the MC from their past life
then there isn't that many relations they could've had.
Close relations like sister/wife/mother/brother/close rival/etc would be the ones that are most likely
to remember and/or be remembered.

I assume it would be harder to explain if someone whose relation was more distant suddenly remembers you from a past life.
konatachan80Feb 2, 2015 2:34 AM
-- Lord fifth
Feb 2, 2015 5:52 AM

Mar 2011
If this anime kicked the pink-haired girl out or just did us all a favor and kill her off so they could focus in shizuno then this would qualify as a good rom-com. I loved this episode and honestly think shizuno is the only thing saving this anime.
[Input amazing signature]
Jelly?
Feb 2, 2015 7:02 AM

Jun 2014
Damn MC went all out on the guy x.o

I really like the random flashbacks in the episodes, I wonder if there's a reason why he doesnt remember much of his previous life.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

61 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 9:16 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2015

78 by Nekoburger »»
Sep 24, 2023 1:48 PM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2015

156 by LemonSvk »»
Jul 26, 2023 5:36 AM

» The spells

Estatia - Dec 15, 2016

1 by UTSGhost »»
Apr 14, 2023 5:42 AM

Poll: » Seiken Tsukai no World Break Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2015

97 by tanaymulik_ »»
Apr 2, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.