Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 7, 2016 1:42 AM

Mar 2015
Lel at Usopp suddenly become Jesus

And wow Sabo the new Ace! He seems to be quite prolific too
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 4, 2016 12:34 PM

Feb 2014
Oh yeah, Sabo is badass!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Oct 30, 2016 2:32 AM

Jul 2008
Kek, God Usopp for the win.

Its now Usopp vs Buggy for most understood character
Feb 25, 2017 1:38 AM

Mar 2012
I had forgotten how much the anime dragged on pointless scenes like the one with Usopp at the end >_>
May 3, 2017 12:54 PM

May 2014
GOD USOPP LMAO
that was pure genius tbh and that name better be on his goddamn updated wanted poster XD
Loved the OST during the feels moment as well.

I really admire how One Piece juggles comedy and feels so well in the same scenes...sure the whole thing is funny af, but at the same time there's a lot of meaning too. Usopp's being held up and renowned by an Elbaf giant, and we know he's seen them at the pinnacle of all warriors since Little Garden.

Also love love loved the scene with Sabo. He's one strong dude even without the DF, so god only knows how powerful he's gonna be now. It's so weird hearing someone other than Ace screaming "Hiken!" though, and I know it sounds odd since he's long dead...but now that his ability has been passed to Sabo, it feels like he's really gone :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2017 12:33 PM

Jun 2015
Ace! Sabo! I'm glad the devil fruit went to Sabo.
Usopp got caught in a big situation.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Oct 3, 2017 11:32 AM
๐ŸฅŠ CHAMPION ๐ŸฅŠ

Apr 2016
Cool episode, one of the most beautifuls!!! Ussop is a God!!!! Yes a God!!! kekeke
May 4, 2018 10:09 PM

Feb 2016
All they did was steal Buggy's gag and give it to Usopp.

The repetitiveness and general unoriginality is almost smothering when you marathon your way through OP.
Apr 28, 2019 9:27 AM

Apr 2012
Ace powers live on with the person closest to Ace's spirit. Nicely done.
Aug 16, 2019 3:29 AM

May 2017
Wow this was definitely the best Episode since ages. The pacing was good, the Animation was dope and the OST amazing.

Kyro's return and everyone remembers him, then Sabo taking the Tournament and Ace's powet and finally God Usopp. Fantastic!
Jan 1, 2020 11:57 PM
Aug 2017
HAHAHAHA IM FUCKING DEAD ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜ญ

The biggest cap in One Piece History, bigger cap than captain buggy lmfaoo. Omfg Ussop is amazing this shit was funny asf.
GOD USSOP ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
Jan 21, 2020 7:07 AM
Dec 2014
I wonder if Sabo is stronger than Ace was now that he have the devil fruit and have amazing armament haki ability.
Jan 22, 2020 4:56 AM

Jun 2016
This was a strong episode in all three of its major scenes. The first was simple, the continuation of the cliffhanger. The single teared determination of Riku and the cathartic line “a decade… for a decade we have suffered” paired with the headless Don Quixote Doflamingo, the horrified screaming Baby 5, and the furious Buffalo being threatened as he attempted to get revenge made for one thrilling moment. It ended with Luffy jumping inside for Law to suggest this isn’t over yet and the scene should pick up again later.

Then the colosseum and the finishing of that plot line. Firstly, Rebecca had a touching moment of remembering Kyros, we got to see moments like that empty chair which I assumed meant an absentee father, rather was her unreliable memory. Further, this has the added joy of being proof that the attack on Doflamingo is going well! Beyond that, Sabo was as cool as ever, sporting his down to earth and lowkey energy while doing amazing feats. Shattering the entire colosseum to weaken Diamante and nab the fruit, ultimately inheriting Ace’s power. Of course he ate it on the spot. If he couldn’t be there to save his life he can at least carry him along. A nice line that went along with the fruit’s retrieval was Diamante confirming the suspicion that they didn’t plan for anyone to ultimately get it outside of the family itself. And notably but not crucial, Bartolomeo, who cannot swim, was left to fend for himself as Sabo saved Rebecca. His reasoning? “Your a man, you have to take care of yourself” suggesting a sense of chivalry in him, although justifiably, Bartolomeo is far stronger than Rebecca.

Lastly, as Robin begged the Tontatta to save Usopp and fended off Trebol, the giant he saved came to express his gratitude, lifting him and announcing to the crowd what he did for them. What followed amounted to a concoction of beauty and hilarity, two sides that complement each other incredibly well. It was Buggy-esque, Usopp had freed these people like Buggy freed those in Impel Down and through the situation, despite trying to tell everyone they were assholes while looking like a corpse, it was misheard and, paired with the light of Sabo, they felt he was a literal god. A god they ought to follow. All while the breathtaking song “Bloom in the Winter, Cherry Miracle” played. There is a deep sense of comedy in the misunderstanding and contrast, in the presentation of showing exactly how Usopp’s words are being warped, but unlike Buggy there was heart to it. This wasn’t just manipulation. Usopp may have won through the mistake of Sugar, but he still fought hard and sacrificed himself for this kingdom. It was still him who nearly died for everyone’s sake. As user @Strawberrycake48 righteously put it, an Elbaf warrior, someone Usopp greatly admires, was holding him up as a hero. The Tontatta refuse his name Usopp symbolically proving that he did make Usoland a reality. And he is a captain to all of these people, even more than the Tontatta now. This does feel like a humorous, but heartfelt celebration of Usopp. And finally, with the colosseum plotline and now the order to take down the factory suggesting we’re about to close this plotline off as well, things are getting simpler.
Jun 9, 2020 4:07 PM
Jul 2018
Lol this was a strange episode. Usopp being basked in angelic light while holy music started blasting in the background, what a sight. The choir almost became humorous after awhile.

Still, all Usopp’s life he’s wanted praise and respect. Remember when he boarded the Going Merry insisting that he was Captain? This felt particularly amazing because this is like a dream come true for Usopp. And at the end, I don’t even think he realized it.

Also, is anybody getting Captain Buggy vibes? Lmfao, the same thing happened to Buggy in Imperial Down.
Sep 8, 2020 7:09 AM

Mar 2020
GOOD USOPP! GOD USOPP! GOD USOPP!
Mar 2, 2021 12:53 PM

Jan 2010
In retrospect, I think Usopp might be my favorite of the Straw Hat crew. He has ordinary human physical feats, no special powers, cowardly tendencies, and constantly uses lies and tricks to get out of dangerous situations. He has a lot to prove in terms of his mettle, and has to compete with all the superhumans in the series with just his wit and luck. Usopp also has this weird combination of being a goof, but also being aware of how crazy things are. He gets involved with the crew's insanity, yet isn't above calling them out on being reckless and dumb. His position in between the crew's antics and battles is pretty interesting, come to think of it.
Mar 31, 2021 10:56 AM

Jan 2019
Sabo gaining the Meta Mera Fruit's power has to be one of the most satisfying moments in this anime. I'm really glad that Ace's previous Devil Fruit is now with the person Ace would've trusted it the most.
Apr 24, 2021 1:18 PM

May 2016
Don't get me wrong~ Sabo getting the Flare Flare Fruit and finally picking up the torch from Ace was cool and all but...that moment couldn't hold a candle to the splendidness of the divine God Usopp!

When I started this anime, I wondered about how he got called God Usopp by my friends who watch the anime. I actually joked about God Usopp to my little brother when that giant was holding him then the ceiling broke a few seconds after and I was left with my jaw dropped for the rest of the episode!

May 24, 2021 5:56 AM

Apr 2021
GOD USOPP!!! ngl this was agreat episode,, was funny too lol
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jul 6, 2021 5:45 AM

May 2017
Sabo is realy lucky , hes holding rebecca and have a cute orange hair girl following him ๐Ÿคค

Ussopp army started , a whole country joined him ๐Ÿ˜…
LadyLeeMingJul 6, 2021 5:49 AM
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Aug 11, 2021 7:05 AM

Jun 2019
The actual god Usopp. All hail the messenger from heaven. Usopp got the Buggy treatment. LMAO. I love it, man. Also, Sabo got Ace's legacy. Always bring a smile to my face.
Aug 26, 2021 11:24 PM

Aug 2021
AAAAAAhhhh This was the ep I've been waiting from marineford just to see God Usopp

I loved how Sabo just went berserk and ate the fruit
and wtf Sabo is in revolutionary army!? Working Under Dragon :O

The elbalf warrior holding him the one's he admires so much gave me chills!!!!
Apr 30, 2022 9:59 PM

Dec 2012
Between Fire Fist Sabo & God Usoland, this episode will live as an immortal legend.
May 8, 2022 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
amazing episode Rebecca fully remembers her father now that
scene was really great sabo's move Dragon Claw Fist Dragon Breath was too awesome the whole ring was destroyed and sabo inherits Ace's power that scene with usopp was great too
Jul 15, 2022 12:04 AM

Jan 2021
I was so happy to see everyone giving Usopp his recognition for saving them and cheering him on as Captain Usopp but now Usopp has reached God States God Usopp! God Usopp! God Usopp! I hope they spread the word around about him saving everyone this was too funny and also glad that Sabo ate the Flare-Flare fruit and became Fire Fist Sabo.
Dec 22, 2022 9:09 AM

Dec 2021
Now I know where the memes originated from lol. GOD USOPP
Jan 2, 2023 1:15 PM

May 2021
GOD USOPP HAS RISEN!!!

GOD USOPP! GOD USOPP! GOD USOPP! GOD USOPP!

Jan 13, 2023 11:19 PM
Apr 2020
AND JESUS WEPT!!!!!!
Mar 3, 2023 2:08 AM
Sep 2017
HAHAHAH GOD USOPP
Apr 5, 2023 7:07 AM
Feb 2021
God D Usopp the carry
Apr 5, 2023 7:07 AM
Feb 2021
God D Usopp the carry
Apr 16, 2023 9:31 PM
Jan 2021
God Usopp๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚held up like crucifix  i love this episode 
Apr 25, 2023 11:50 AM
Apr 2023
The birth of God Usopp.
The onset of a new religion - Usopp-ism
May 1, 2023 9:35 PM
Apr 2023
An episode truly worth the title 'holy'
Jun 25, 2023 12:25 PM
Jan 2017
Shit is so lame, fuck usopp
Jul 26, 2023 9:59 PM
Dec 2022
ุฃูƒุจุฑ ุณู„ูƒุงู† ุตุงุฑ ู„ ุงูˆุณูˆุจ ููŠ ุงู„ุญูŠุงู‡ ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡ู‡
Aug 3, 2023 3:39 PM
Nov 2022
ohlordohmightyitsgodUsopp
Aug 8, 2023 10:34 PM
Jul 2022
Top momentos de One Piece. El despertar de Go D. Usopp...
Aug 21, 2023 5:57 AM
Oct 2019
PURE EPICNESS!!

HIKEN NO SABO!!

ALL HAIL GOD USOPP!!
ALL HAIL GOD USOPP!!
ALL HAIL GOD USOPP!!
ALL HAIL GOD USOPP!!
ALL HAIL GOD USOPP!!
Nov 13, 2023 7:02 PM
Feb 2022
And thus the legend of God Usopp was born. How big. I almost shed tears of emotion.

Spanish Translation:
Y así nació la leyenda del Dios Usopp. Que grande. Casi se me salen las lagrimas de la emoción.
Nov 19, 2023 8:07 AM
Oct 2022
So that's where he gets the name God Usopp. Great episode. This episode wholly represented the duality of One Piece. I was both able to shed tears and laugh during the same episode.
Feb 7, 11:59 PM

Oct 2020
ALL HAIL GOD USOPP !!!
Apr 6, 2:32 AM
Mar 2024
goated ep frfrfrfr

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

44 by Ronin_4011 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 435 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Jan 23, 2010

77 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 434 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hobbzz - Jan 16, 2010

62 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 433 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hobbzz - Jan 9, 2010

80 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

» The Essential Guide to watching One Piece

Nito-San - Nov 12, 2012

39 by meentosys »»
6 hours ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.