Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 16, 2015 5:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, Natsu is getting beaten up in the skies. No surprise there from the start.

And also about time Juvia begin fighting as well. I sure hope Gray likes what he sees. Still, I am proud of what Wendy's doing here as well. That cliffhanger though. What a bang and right now, I hope the arc is nearing its end with this battle.
Jan 16, 2015 6:30 PM

Jul 2010
I sort of enjoyed the scenery with everything being red and the green light that breaks through it all. Gottfried looked pretty cool and the chanting too.

Everybody wrecking havoc to stop Liberum. Natsu activating a mode to win, Ophiuchus's power seems sort of weakend when it became visible.

Sort of wanted the celestial king to destroy his own world O.o
Jan 16, 2015 6:36 PM
Jun 2014
Why is the animation so much better than normal?

Anyhow, decent episode.
Jan 16, 2015 6:41 PM
Sep 2012
What an episode. So let me get this straight, Natsu is having trouble with Ophiuchus, someone that was on shoted by Kagura, does that mean Kagura is stronger than Natsu?

This was a good episode, I wish more episodes of this arc was like that, weather Gray wants to admit it or not, he and Juvia make a great team, and the take over siblings make a great team, so give credit to the supporting cast for doing something.

I forgot about Yukino's emo spirit, her having a emo spirit I wonder if that means anything with the possibility of Yukino and Rogue getting together, but that is another story, and Yukino she spoils her spirits, those of us who know her sister can see the irony in that. I wonder if Yukino's sister ever saw what a great celestial mage and more importantly beloved owner by her spirits that she is, love to see her reaction to that, probably a combination of being proud, but also some sadness and regretfulness of her past action. Yukino may not be as popular as Lucy in the celestial world, but she is probably well liked and popular, while her sister might be the opposite I will leave it at that.

I had no fear of Aracadeus dying, after what happened with the lava in the canon story, am I supose to believe he will die in filler?

So Lucy, Yukino, and Hisui who poor girl everything she does backfires and she can never do right, anyway the three of them combine for the stars fall, I have to admit that looked cool.

Anyway very good episode, next week, we see the Eclipse version of the Celestial Spirit King. And we have 2 more episodes to go.
Jan 16, 2015 7:03 PM

Dec 2013
While this episode was kind of epic, asspulls and all, I just have one question...

If they had powerful magic like Gottfried and Natsu's new mode why did they spend the last few episodes standing around "What are we going to do? How can we stop this? We're so weak!"

LOL

Why drag this really poor arc out when they could have done this from the start and get this crap over with?
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 16, 2015 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
I could hardly tell what was going on, but that was mostly because I was playing a game on my phone. Looks like the arc is close to finishing, it'll probably be over by episode 44.
Jan 16, 2015 7:31 PM

Mar 2013
Anyone else get a Zelda vibe when orphiuchus pulled that ocarina out?

I don't know if I should feel bad, but I didn't feel sorry for princess Hisui at all tbh. -_-

Gotta admit though, That Gottfried magic or whatever looked kind of cool.
.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Jan 16, 2015 8:13 PM

Jun 2014
Final battle(?) next episode. Did Natsu just make up a new filler move? Same with Gottfried.
Nice to see that Shounen feeling when you see the protagonist get damaged to the point that he can still stand and fight instead of die when falling multiple times off a cliff.

I'm expecting an tiny bald old man who talks a lot next episode.
Jan 16, 2015 9:55 PM

Feb 2014
After seeing the opening again I am still complaining about what Wendy is wearing. At least give her a long dress for god's sake. I mean seriously look at the cat. She is dressed better than Wendy

♪All his life has been, a roller coaster ride of dream
No time for looking back, forgetting who or what
His song is all that he leaves behind,
On silent nights I hear him still, whistling a tune I know so well
Gun in hand, rose in another, He's Lupin the 3rd♪

Jan 16, 2015 11:34 PM

Jul 2011
blfan said:

So Lucy, Yukino, and Hisui who poor girl everything she does backfires and she can never do right, anyway the three of them combine for the stars fall, I have to admit that looked cool.

it was pretty cool. I instantly thought of that when Levy mentioned "trinity". Anyways it's about time they made the celestial wizards being all bad ass. Although I will admit, they have been giving them lots of props the last big arc (the ending of the prequel and beginning of the 2014 version). My personal favorite of course. Cuz you know , Lucy <3.

Anyways great episode. I hope that they get the celestial spirits back to normal. Although i kinda liked some of their "evil" personas. But yup.
Jan 17, 2015 12:32 AM

Apr 2013
Their really dragging this out, there's either an over long conversation recapping of what's been said or info comes to fast and events happen suddenly. Oh well with fillers I always have low expectation of pacing, exampling and even portrayal of characters and events. At least Erza used Heaven's Wheel one of my favorite armors it hardly appears anymore in the manga and the few times it does I'm extremely disappointing in it and her. Good episode and despite the criticism I actually like the Princess.

Aqua_ElevenJan 17, 2015 12:36 AM
Jan 17, 2015 1:46 AM
Oct 2013
Hellwarden said:

Anyhow, decent episode.
I hope they intend to make this kind of animation 'normal'
Jan 17, 2015 2:21 AM

May 2013
Good to see the other characters finally getting involved in that.
The three girls chanting some spell which looks to be effective.
I just hope that after all they did, something meaningful will happen.
Jan 17, 2015 2:45 AM
Jul 2018
lets finish this god awful arc already, 2 more episodes to go
Jan 17, 2015 3:14 AM

Jan 2013
True that the animation looked smooter, maybe it will get better on the frozen village ar.
I'm still disappointed that they didn't went to the Celestial world..
Jan 17, 2015 3:53 AM

Mar 2012
Meh... When's this arc ending? It's been boring for a while already... I hope it reaches to an end quickly.

miskos3 said:
Hellwarden said:

Anyhow, decent episode.
I hope they intend to make this kind of animation 'normal'

Agreed. Why do the filler episode has better animation than the original story? *facepalm*
Jan 17, 2015 3:56 AM

Jul 2014
The episode was pretty nice !! I rly enjoyed Wendy trying so hard at all i rly love her !!! but the episode and all the episodes of the second season still leaves me a bitter taste !!!! i rly MISS THE PASSION AND THE WHOLE ACTION OF THE CHARACTERS AND THE BATTLES OF THE FIRST SEASON !!!! something that i don't see it until now !!! i hope i will see it on the next episodes
BROUM BROUM BROUM !!!!!!

MEGA COOL DASE !!!!!!
Jan 17, 2015 4:25 AM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed the episode but I'm actually quite done with this arc. I just want to start the Sun Village Arc.
Although I have the idea that we get another one before we're start that one thanks to the opening.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2015 4:44 AM
Nov 2010
The animation was indeed surprisingly good at some points. This filler arc will end soon, I wonder how the short ones are gonna be like.
Jan 17, 2015 4:54 AM

Aug 2014
Amazing episode! ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Jan 17, 2015 6:08 AM

Sep 2014
I was half-asleep during the episode. I just want this horrible filler arc to end. But to my dismay, it seems the next arc will also be a filler, if that is indeed the case, I might as well drop this. :/
Jan 17, 2015 6:14 AM

Oct 2014
Pretty okay episode, feels dragged out as hell but it was nice to see some intense scenes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2015 7:17 AM
Feb 2013
Harrymanhunter said:
I was half-asleep during the episode. I just want this horrible filler arc to end. But to my dismay, it seems the next arc will also be a filler, if that is indeed the case, I might as well drop this. :/

excuse me, but they after this filler arc, they will animate the 4 omakes( natsu and asuka, 413 days, erza transformation and original ep. , + the 2nd ft novel
Jan 17, 2015 9:26 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Dat deneb moment.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jan 17, 2015 9:29 AM

Dec 2014
Harrymanhunter said:

What is horrible about it? Do you hate it just because it was not in manga? These are not really different from regular fairy tail episodes.
Jan 17, 2015 9:33 AM

Apr 2014
I actually felt like this episode was better than how they've normally been lately. At least, in this arc. I enjoyed it, didn't feel bored at all this time.
As lackluster this new series is, it has it's moments. Like with Gray and Ultear, etc. If the next arc is about Gray again, along with Juvia, I'll be really happy. I love Gray's back story and any arcs involving it.
Jan 17, 2015 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
Surprisingly, that cliffhanger worked for me, I'm curious about how the Spirit King is gonna look.
Jan 17, 2015 10:34 AM

Jun 2014
T~T this arc is sooooo... Can't find word to describe it
Jan 17, 2015 10:38 AM

Feb 2013
AshRoller said:
The episode was pretty nice !! I rly enjoyed Wendy trying so hard at all i rly love her !!! but the episode and all the episodes of the second season still leaves me a bitter taste !!!! i rly MISS THE PASSION AND THE WHOLE ACTION OF THE CHARACTERS AND THE BATTLES OF THE FIRST SEASON !!!! something that i don't see it until now !!! i hope i will see it on the next episodes

I agree with AshRoller-san! Ofc i give the episode 5/5 cause its fairy tail and i fucking love it however i also missed the passion from season 1. I mean look at episode 8 natsu vs erigor ! Look Natsu vs Jellal or vs Zero or vs Hades. I missed so much fights like that. On the other hand i got to see 2 fucking *Gee hee* from Garjeel <3 Cycle Swordo from Erza ! Levy's Solid Script ! And last Wendy ! Omg i am speechless after i saw Wendy casting all these spells ! She has grown up a lot ! Lets hope now we get back to normal story and lets get over with fillers cause i really cant w8 for the next arc's to come xD
GEE HEE !
Jan 17, 2015 12:23 PM

May 2014
L1sa said:
T~T this arc is sooooo... Can't find word to describe it
Pathetic? Disappointing? At Least next ep seems to be the last one of this stupid arc -_-
Jan 17, 2015 3:08 PM
Dec 2010
wait , didn't natsu released all the darkness power last episode ?
how is he using it again ?
Jan 17, 2015 5:29 PM

Jan 2011
Now i know why they cut Urano Metria so short, they had to save budget for that new spell. Why didn't they simply drop it last episode and make the three of them use Urano Metria? Especially as it's already supposed to be the ultimate celestial spirit spell. Not that such petty things ever kept someone else from pulling something even more secret, hidden, lost, final and ultimate.

blfan said:
What an episode. So let me get this straight, Natsu is having trouble with Ophiuchus, someone that was on shoted by Kagura, does that mean Kagura is stronger than Natsu?

I'd say yes, but not because of what you mentioned. All the spirits are stronger right now. And Ophiuchus wasn't all that strong before going all snake mode. So it's hardly fair to compare the two fights. But: Kagura fought Erza fair and square, and Erza *is* stronger than Natsu.

More interesting is why Natsu didn't use his various modes and second origin and stuff right away, instead of waiting that long. And where his new form comes from, especially after getting rid of all the darkness previously.

At least Wendy was nice this episode. If it weren't for our useless trio if celestial spirit mages, she might even have had success there. And she didn't need to get rescued by Natsu or anything. Let's hope they don't throw all this new found power, fighting prowress etc. away just because it happend in a filler.
Jan 17, 2015 6:51 PM
Jun 2014
As cool as some of them are, where the hell are all these new moves coming from???? Honestly he couldve used the lighning or god one but i dont get where that dark art came from. Ok ep but moves should be based on something rather than just be made up on the spot.
Dem anime hipsters tho 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Jan 17, 2015 6:52 PM

Aug 2014
good god some people are gluttons for abuse here, complaining like fanboys because their precious anime has decided to do some canon filler.

I for one like this, because it leaves me thinking what will happen next (as a non anime fan). I also like the animation because not everything can be the same 24/7. Sometimes anime fans are annoying sometimes, so I hope they are a minority
https://twitter.com/LightningDash02
OTPs || MyAnimeList || MyMangaList || Favorite Guys || Favorite Girls || Favorite Anime

~LightningXDash02
Jan 17, 2015 7:36 PM

Oct 2012
aos10 said:
wait , didn't natsu released all the darkness power last episode ?
how is he using it again ?

it's probably the same way that natsu can go fire/lightning dragon slayer mode without eating laxus' flame beforehand
Jan 17, 2015 7:45 PM

Aug 2012
The animation was actually pretty good this episode.
Jan 18, 2015 1:18 AM

Nov 2014
Ophiuchus has an Ocarina!! So cool...But she plays it horrible. So out of tune.
Jan 18, 2015 5:57 AM

Jun 2009
myanime2 said:

excuse me, but they after this filler arc, they will animate the 4 omakes( natsu and asuka, 413 days, erza transformation and original ep. , + the 2nd ft novel

Really? That sounds great! I've been waiting a long time for that (or I think it was a long time)

However I think that the opening suggest things but that happened more often with Fairy Tail.
I will just continue if there is another filler but I surely can't wait for the original manga story to start.
I heard they had green light so it is going to start soon anyway.
Jan 18, 2015 5:15 PM

Dec 2008
blfan said:

Keep in mind that Ophiuchus was oneshotted in her default snake form and didn't have that Ocarina flute thing to counter every attack.

---
What's still bothering me is the lack of talk between Yukino & Ophiuchus. Last I checked, she's your freaking Celestial Spirit. Yukino paid 0 attention to her while I was expecting a whole "WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?!" scene like with all the other spirits. Sigh.
Jan 19, 2015 2:37 PM

Oct 2010
Excited to the Sun Village arc if they are gonna animate it!
Jan 22, 2015 6:57 AM
Jul 2018
I heard this arc is ending late February and I really hope not, it needs to end in the next episode. I am excited though to see why they’re wearing the new outfits since some look really cool.
Jan 22, 2015 9:17 AM
Jan 2015
xcess090 said:
I heard this arc is ending late February and I really hope not, it needs to end in the next episode. I am excited though to see why they’re wearing the new outfits since some look really cool.

I have a feeling that the three are losing their clothes while resisting in the green sphere . It seems that some pieces of their clothes flew as the brightness increased. So new clothes in the next episode.
Jan 22, 2015 12:50 PM

Dec 2009
xcess090 said:

Do you not read the posts here in the forums? The arc ends in 2 episodes, and the whole month of February are adaptations of Omake chapters from the manga. The month of March will be an adaptation of the second Fairy Tail light novel, and then the Sun Village/Tartarus arc starts in April.
Jan 22, 2015 9:59 PM
Jul 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
xcess090 said:

Do you not read the posts here in the forums? The arc ends in 2 episodes, and the whole month of February are adaptations of Omake chapters from the manga. The month of March will be an adaptation of the second Fairy Tail light novel, and then the Sun Village/Tartarus arc starts in April.

I meant the whole filler arc Omake included, I don't know how they'll be but at this point I'm not expecting much and I should've worded it better. I didn't know that they will adapt the novel first instead of the Sun Village/Tartarus which is kind of disappointing but anything sounds better than this. I usually read the first page of the episode discussions and continue if there is a debate going on but other than that no, I think I really should though.
Jan 23, 2015 1:02 PM

Dec 2009
xcess090 said:
Aiko_Hiroshi said:

I meant the whole filler arc Omake included, I don't know how they'll be but at this point I'm not expecting much and I should've worded it better. I didn't know that they will adapt the novel first instead of the Sun Village/Tartarus which is kind of disappointing but anything sounds better than this. I usually read the first page of the episode discussions and continue if there is a debate going on but other than that no, I think I really should though.

The Omake chapters are canon, they were in the manga. I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy them.
Jan 23, 2015 11:59 PM
Jul 2018
Aiko_Hiroshi said:
xcess090 said:

The Omake chapters are canon, they were in the manga. I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy them.

Very true and I really I hope they're entertaining.
Jan 25, 2015 6:57 AM

May 2010
Arcadios has some strong plot armor. Aha, the only pun I will ever be proud of.
Jan 25, 2015 10:23 AM

Mar 2010
This feels way to cheesy and shitty. But I still have hope for this anime, Status: on-hold. Until their are enough episodes to satisfy me and this terrible atmosphere.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 28, 2015 5:42 AM

Mar 2011
Meh one of the better episodes of the arc. I was really hoping it would end this week. This arc has just be so boring and dragged out.

And that princess, stop acting like you have to be on the front lines all the time, you don't do anything and you are just annoying. Look forward to seeing the last of her >.<.

Eh I don't know what it is about this arc, but it just feels super dragged out to me, even for Fairy Tail.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jan 31, 2015 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
Where did the excitement go from the FT episodes.. Maybe its just this silly arc but I find myself more and more reluctant to carry on watching these eps. That Juvia moment tho.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.