Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 19, 2014 6:54 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that's a damn shame. Cobra got arrested again and not only that, he couldn't even beat one single dragon. I feel bad for the guy now.

This episode hints...the dark guild

I can't wait to see some of their members animated.

But yeah, pretty much a built-up episode. This is calm before the storm. I hope they will retain the momentum with a faithful adaptation of the arc. Oh and it's pretty obvious who that old lady is with the same voice as Ultear..
Stark700Sep 19, 2014 10:29 PM
Sep 19, 2014 7:45 PM
Sep 2012
We hit the big 200 a milestone event, and it is this emotional episode that me so sad especially at the end.

On the bright side, Ultear is alive so she knows she did good with giving back a minute, at least I hope she does. The down side, Ultear is an old lady, the Ultear we all know and love is dead. Looks like Gray, Jellal, and Meredy, they all think she is dead, and that is what she wants.

We also find out, the memories of the council have been altered and Doranbolt as this hex powers, I think he used that power to get on the council, I think maybe he is a reform ex con who is trying to right his wrongs and no one remembers him. Anyway Cobra went back to jail willingly, I guess there is a honor because he didn't live up to his end of the bargin and slay a dragon, he wants to protects the rest of the Oracion Seis from the gates of hell, which could mean Tartarus the final dark guild of the Ballem Alliance.

Anyway the ending was so sad especially the part when Gray said he lost both mother and daughter, I do like that moment seeing Jellal be all big brother to Meredy, that is nice seeing that side of him, it does mirror Erza because she is pretty the big sister of Fairy Tail, anyway Ultear you will be missed, hopefully we will see her again, and be back to younger self, maybe someone can figure something out. It can't end like Hiro. Great episode eventhough it made me cry. Happy 200 Fairy Tail the same week we celebrate 400 chapters.

Next week, Fairy Tail is back home and for once everyone in town loves them, also looks like Lucy is getting married. Mavis and Zereff square off.
Sep 19, 2014 7:58 PM

Feb 2014
Cobra turning himself back in; I kind of wasn't expecting that, considering I was thinking that he would escape and go somewhere far away.

Natsu and his motion sickness and
Erza's drawing skills ~ Lol

That was emotional to finally find out about what happened to Ultear.
Jellal and Meredy getting the letter and Gray wanting to stop the cart for her with tears falling down his face ;_;

And wow, 200 episodes already? Time flies.

Looking forward to next week's episode.
ScarletCrystalSep 19, 2014 8:02 PM

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Sep 19, 2014 8:21 PM

Jul 2010
Most people having their memory wiped about having actual dragons there.

Gray feeling that warmth given by Ultear :(
Ultear's letter ;_; telling how she has only a short time to live. Turning into an old lady from using the spell.
Gray realizing that the old lady is Ultear. How he was saved by her and that she was an important existence. Gray crying.
Ultear to be able to be happy that she is alive and her crimes forgiven. Her smiles were really beautiful :/
Sep 19, 2014 8:26 PM
Mar 2012
Oh boy, all those Ultear feels...
Sep 19, 2014 8:36 PM
Apr 2013
Happy 200th episode Fairy Tail!

And what an episode it was. These past two episodes have been pretty good examples on how to do one chapter pacing.
Sep 19, 2014 8:43 PM

May 2012
FT classic with the gang.. feel sad for Gray though another part of his family gone(though not dead)..

Sep 19, 2014 9:02 PM

Feb 2013
A great episode... the Ultear and Grey feels were strong in this one T_T, can someone tell me cuz i don't read the manga what happens to Ultear after that? Has she appeared again or not so far? put it on a spoiler tag so you don't spoiler others that don't want to find out, i'm a huge Ultear fun and i really want to know!
Sep 19, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode for it's 200th one, yay!
All them feels with Meredy crying and Gray crying :(
Mavis and Zeref confronting each other next week looks good.
Sep 19, 2014 10:23 PM
May 2010
Doranbolt is very dangerous as his presence could be a double edged sword, and even top criminals like Cobra feared his magic. How he mastered such dark magic is unknown. He could also be extremely helpful for the next criminal activities from dark guilds.

I am still very surprised that the the whole council seems to be lacking in defense power. The entire council members have their minds altered, including the chairman, by just one man, is really unheard of. I would have thought that the chairman would be someone powerful, hence taking the top position to oversee criminal acts. And what if there is a traitor within them that possesses similar if not darker magic than Doranbolt (as in the case involving Ultear)?

Also, that stupid Gray! Why couldn't be more decisive? He realized he was saved twice by Ur's family and yet he chose not to formally give his appreciation to Ultear?
jimmy2027Sep 19, 2014 10:27 PM
Sep 19, 2014 10:29 PM
Jul 2013
This episode has made me supper hyped for the next, Also it makes you wonder by what Cobra said when he was being detained.

I think after that cliff hanger, Cobra will definitely be seen again as maybe a side antagonist once again for those who feel he could have been a darker character!?

As for Ultear, the state of her age looked as though she was between 80 - 9?. Perhaps her mental state and regrets were so strong she was unable to completely sever her ties before a solemn end, seeking forgiveness and seeing her loved ones off as she fades. She was a Psycho enforced be her peers, teachings, and losses. But will be remembered as a songbird towards love, and forgiveness.

Thanks for reading, Hope everyone has a good day/night.
AvoidedDoughnutSep 19, 2014 11:37 PM
Sep 19, 2014 10:36 PM

Jun 2014
I feel so bad for Ultear though. Only Gray, Jellal, and Meredy know about her death.

Well, that was a great 200th episode. Fairy Tail's ost is the best when you are having a sad episode. It fits with the feels.

Cobra seems to have a big plan that's going on. Something involving a new guild that's related to Grimoire Heart and Oracion Seis 0.0. Sounds like we have an intresting arc to get into.

Next episode looks epic.
Sep 19, 2014 11:03 PM

Aug 2013
Erza's drawing skill blinds me haha!
I love how they ended Ultear's role in this anime. Next stop Magnolia :)
Sep 19, 2014 11:07 PM

Jun 2012
Damn she got old.
And dat Lucy in the preview.
Sep 19, 2014 11:20 PM

Jan 2011
The wedding dress is undoubtedly a troll, but what the heck...she looks good in it. I don't want to see Ultear leave like this, so I'll just hope that something happens to restore her in the next 200 episodes...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 19, 2014 11:30 PM

Jun 2013
rodac said:
The wedding dress is undoubtedly a troll, but what the heck...she looks good in it. I don't want to see Ultear leave like this, so I'll just hope that something happens to restore her in the next 200 episodes...
But that would ruin her sacfifice.
Sep 20, 2014 12:40 AM

May 2013
Damn OST made me tear up a bit at the end lol.
Sep 20, 2014 12:51 AM

Jul 2011
This episode made me Ul...tear.
(silence)
Sep 20, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2014
Damn those Gray and Ultear feels.
Best part of the episode obviously, love the focus both characters got.

Farwell Ultear. Also liked seeing the dedication to how heroic Ul was.
Sep 20, 2014 2:13 AM
May 2011
Ill miss ultear.
Sep 20, 2014 2:16 AM

Jan 2014
the next episode should be beginning of the new arc.
Sep 20, 2014 2:21 AM
Mar 2014
I can't wait to see new opening :D (it has to be a new one)
Sep 20, 2014 3:19 AM
Aug 2014
This episode officially is the ending of the Daimatsu Enbu-arc. We see how Natsu and the rest are going back to Magnolia.

We see that Cobra knows about something that has to do with the last great dark guild: Tartarus, so this could mean that Tartarus will be the next opponent for Fairy Tail.

Also a very emotional scene with Gray and Ultear who turned into an old lady. The episode was great and let's see in which new great arc we will get next!!

Also hope we get to see Ultear again in the future.

The episode gets a: 8
Sep 20, 2014 3:22 AM

Jul 2007
Hopefully the best arc in fairy tail starts soon. Can't wait for it.
Sep 20, 2014 3:30 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:

We have the sun Village arc before that one
Sep 20, 2014 3:48 AM
Jan 2011
Goodbye... my loved ones.

Completely lost it at that point.
Sep 20, 2014 3:52 AM
Oct 2013
NoulisVraxati said:
A great episode... the Ultear and Grey feels were strong in this one T_T, can someone tell me cuz i don't read the manga what happens to Ultear after that? Has she appeared again or not so far? put it on a spoiler tag so you don't spoiler others that don't want to find out, i'm a huge Ultear fun and i really want to know!
Sep 20, 2014 4:07 AM

Jul 2011
blfan said:
We hit the big 200 a milestone event, and it is this emotional episode that me so sad especially at the end.

On the bright side, Ultear is alive so she knows she did good with giving back a minute, at least I hope she does. The down side, Ultear is an old lady, the Ultear we all know and love is dead. Looks like Gray, Jellal, and Meredy, they all think she is dead, and that is what she wants.

We also find out, the memories of the council have been altered and Doranbolt as this hex powers, I think he used that power to get on the council, I think maybe he is a reform ex con who is trying to right his wrongs and no one remembers him. Anyway Cobra went back to jail willingly, I guess there is a honor because he didn't live up to his end of the bargin and slay a dragon, he wants to protects the rest of the Oracion Seis from the gates of hell, which could mean Tartarus the final dark guild of the Ballem Alliance.

Anyway the ending was so sad especially the part when Gray said he lost both mother and daughter, I do like that moment seeing Jellal be all big brother to Meredy, that is nice seeing that side of him, it does mirror Erza because she is pretty the big sister of Fairy Tail, anyway Ultear you will be missed, hopefully we will see her again, and be back to younger self, maybe someone can figure something out. It can't end like Hiro. Great episode eventhough it made me cry. Happy 200 Fairy Tail the same week we celebrate 400 chapters.

Next week, Fairy Tail is back home and for once everyone in town loves them, also looks like Lucy is getting married. Mavis and Zereff square off.

wow that episode made me very sad too. Actually there's a knot in my throat from trying not to cry. :( Poor gray, Jellal and Meredy. They "lost' a great "friend".

Yeah I hope they can figure out to bring her to her actual self. I mean I think Gray knows that old lady was Ultear. HE can go look for her later on.

I wonder why everyone was crying though, in the next episode preview. And what's up with Lucy. She looked nervous?sad?

Also Mavis and Zeref? what?? I wonder what's going on there?!
Sep 20, 2014 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Honestly, the Ultear time reversing bit is the only bit of this arc that felt well done.
Sep 20, 2014 4:46 AM

May 2013
Ultear became an old lady. Time took its toll on her. Maybe Jellal and Meredy didn't notice that the old lady was Ultear. Gray felt the sadness too and blames himself for that.
Sep 20, 2014 5:44 AM

May 2014
Goodbye Ultear ... we won't forget you ;_;

And so, FT has 200 episodes ^ ^ Why does MAL separated FT in two?
Sep 20, 2014 6:24 AM

Oct 2013
This episode gave me goosebumps.

Sep 20, 2014 6:34 AM
Nov 2010
I'm not sure if making Ultear old was supposed to be a thing better than her death. I personally dislike it.
Sep 20, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2014
So, Zeref returns next episode? Awesome!!

Also:
ragglefraggles said:
This episode made me Ul...tear.
(silence)

Hahahaa
Sep 20, 2014 6:42 AM

May 2013
Ul ;-;

The Tartaros arc is about to begin...
Sep 20, 2014 7:14 AM

Aug 2014
Happy 200th episode Fairy Tail!
Sep 20, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2014
What a beautiful serene morning. I love this add on scene with old Ultear at the beginning. She looks so happy more than she ever was before.
Its feel like it'd been so long that I see team Natsu together without fighting any enemy.
Hahahha. You really can't expect Erza to be a designer.
Ooh. So they add a part with Cobra there. It's made any sense at the later chapter.

Noo.. Ultear.. Gray..
Gaahhh, i swear there are Ninja somewhere around here that cutting too much onions.
Google first, ask later
Sep 20, 2014 8:03 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

For me its just introductory part of the same arc, tbh. Its no different than the(manga) part between Tenrou Island and GMG.
Sep 20, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

For me its just introductory part of the same arc, tbh. Its no different than the(manga) part between Tenrou Island and GMG.

Yeah that's true I prefer to think of it as one whole arc as well.
Sep 20, 2014 8:18 AM

Aug 2014
More GrayXWendy moments :D

So glad they fill up those logic holes, and I'm so glad that they remember Natsu is already anti-motion sickness resistant.

Damn the feels.
Gray notices Ultear, but Jellal and Meldy didn't.

Can't wait for the next episode. Finally get to see more Zeref.
Sep 20, 2014 8:23 AM

Sep 2013
Natsu x Lucy are getting married next week ;)

Tomislavr7 said:
I'm not sure if making Ultear old was supposed to be a thing better than her death. I personally dislike it.

She was supposed to die when she cast the spell, but she still had a bit of time left to say goodbye :(
Sep 20, 2014 8:27 AM

Jul 2007
Yeah I am not liking that anime decided to do an asspull and let Urtear live. That is one BIG downside for this otherwise good episode. Meh
Sep 20, 2014 8:30 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Yeah I am not liking that anime decided to do an asspull and let Urtear live. That is one BIG downside for this otherwise good episode. Meh

Uh pretty sure she's still dying. They didn't change anything. Just showed her morning before she went to see the others and say goodbye @@
Sep 20, 2014 8:40 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

Uh pretty sure she's still dying. They didn't change anything. Just showed her morning before she went to see the others and say goodbye @@

Which means she died offscreen or will die offscreen which does not matter as death.

She was supposed to die at the spell. That was one saving grace for this arc. An actual onscreen death.

While I appreciate the emotional impact of this, some of it was already there and anime version of GMG pretty much has no redeeming qualities now.
Sep 20, 2014 8:47 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

Which means she died offscreen or will die offscreen which does not matter as death.

She was supposed to die at the spell. That was one saving grace for this arc. An actual onscreen death.

While I appreciate the emotional impact of this, some of it was already there and anime version of GMG pretty much has no redeeming qualities now.

Err she didn't die at the spell in the manga either....
Sep 20, 2014 8:52 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

I am pretty sure she got a bit to monologue at that and then we never saw her again.
Sep 20, 2014 8:58 AM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

I am pretty sure she got a bit to monologue at that and then we never saw her again.

THe only thing this episode added was the scene at the cafe and the talk with the announcer dude. Every part with the old lady other than that did happen in the manga too
Sep 20, 2014 9:00 AM

Dec 2009
It seems there will be a filer arc starting in octomber
https://twitter.com/hiro_mashima/status/513283504126169088

Fai said:

It was the same way in the manga
Sep 20, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2008
hyperwarp said:

Fai said:

Looks like an enforcer character alright
Sep 20, 2014 9:15 AM

Jul 2007
hyperwarp said:

Fai said:

Hopefully short one till the certain greatest arc of them all ends in manga

Darklight0303 said:
Fai said:

THe only thing this episode added was the scene at the cafe and the talk with the announcer dude. Every part with the old lady other than that did happen in the manga too

oh? oh well its not like I paid attention to that portion of the manga anyway. GMG was pretty much "let's read every three panels to see if anything decent starts happening"
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.