Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
One Week Friends
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 13, 2014 1:04 PM

Mar 2013
This anime really gets this peculiar thing out of me. I've been grinning like a fool while watchinig the entire episode (ep 2) and even the 1st episode.

Am I alone?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2010
You won't be smiling for long.
Apr 13, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2008
I think its just your reaction to adorable stuffs which this one delivers.

I was also smiling in the beginning because its very cute anime. But later, I am worried for the future events. Might become feels of the season.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Apr 13, 2014 1:12 PM

Aug 2012
Solkiskey said:
You won't be smiling for long.
lol, well there's at least a good balance of sweet stuff and despair
Apr 13, 2014 1:19 PM

Aug 2013
I wouldn't say I'm smiling all the time... some parts can be kind of depressing, to be honest.
Apr 13, 2014 1:43 PM

Apr 2009
Smiling? At what exactly? The bittersweet air sure is thick and the overall set-up could indeed be reposeful under the right circumstances—which are not there. And will never be. Under the facade of pastel pallet of colours and slow-paced slice of life something terrifyingly grim and dark resides. Unnoticed at first, but just try to put yourself in Kaori's position for a second. Imagine everything good and happy and merry that happened to you in this passing week to be thrown into oblivion come tomorrow. Imagine all your warm relationships with other people to bleak out, crumble and disappear. Not in the process—it's not a damn memory deficiency characteristic for the elderly—but instantly. Without you noticing. Everything you loved, cherished, treasured is gone. And you don't know it. Sorrows that come after losing someone dear to us are painful, but the very person lives on in our memory... which in this case is a set of holes large enough for them to go through.

The thin layer lays under what you first see. When you notice and analyze it, when you can push your empathy far enough to actually feel for her and think from her position, only then do you realize just what magnitude of despair and sadness is hidden in this show.

It makes one feel uneasy — the memory leakage does — and I already felt more for Kaori than most of the characters I saw in anime in recent months. I'd love to see a happy ending to it, be it an absolute ass-pull or a silly excuse of a grande finale, I don't care. I just want her to patch up the holes of her memory.

Apr 13, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2011
Gotta admit I had a huge grin most of the time, but it was completely gone when they showed what she added last in her notebook before she went to sleep. "Please, God..." But, yea, its what the show aims to accomplish, so job well done :)
Apr 13, 2014 2:21 PM

Aug 2012
Blackiris said:
Smiling? At what exactly? The bittersweet air sure is thick and the overall set-up could indeed be reposeful under the right circumstances—which are not there. And will never be. Under the facade of pastel pallet of colours and slow-paced slice of life something terrifyingly grim and dark resides. Unnoticed at first, but just try to put yourself in Kaori's position for a second. Imagine everything good and happy and merry that happened to you in this passing week to be thrown into oblivion come tomorrow. Imagine all your warm relationships with other people to bleak out, crumble and disappear. Not in the process—it's not a damn memory deficiency characteristic for the elderly—but instantly. Without you noticing. Everything you loved, cherished, treasured is gone. And you don't know it. Sorrows that come after losing someone dear to us are painful, but the very person lives on in our memory... which in this case is a set of holes large enough for them to go through.

The thin layer lays under what you first see. When you notice and analyze it, when you can push your empathy far enough to actually feel for her and think from her position, only then do you realize just what magnitude of despair and sadness is hidden in this show.

It makes one feel uneasy — the memory leakage does — and I already felt more for Kaori than most of the characters I saw in anime in recent months. I'd love to see a happy ending to it, be it an absolute ass-pull or a silly excuse of a grande finale, I don't care. I just want her to patch up the holes of her memory.

"Let's try to be positive about this!"- Hase Yuki

But really, as despairing as it can be, Fujimiya handles her situation with acceptance and hope rather than negativity(outside of the classroom). The light atmosphere created by that attitude along with Hase's equally hopeful and determined attitude make for some really sweet moments that are impossible not to smile at.
Apr 13, 2014 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
DenjaX said:

I was also smiling in the beginning because its very cute anime. But later, I am worried for the future events. Might become feels of the season.

Agreed!
Smiles and feels everywhere *-*
Apr 13, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2013
Adorable characters! Many feels!
But tomorrow (Monday) I won't remember this show at all...
Oh goodie! I get to watch Ep.01 and Ep.02 again! Hooray!
Apr 13, 2014 9:59 PM

Mar 2013
YES. It's not so much happy as it is heartwarming. This show just exudes innocence, and how the characters strive to overcome their troubles is beautiful to say the least.
Apr 14, 2014 2:29 AM

Apr 2012
this show gives me diabetus

Apr 14, 2014 5:19 AM

Sep 2011
ZeroHumor said:
YES. It's not so much happy as it is heartwarming. This show just exudes innocence, and how the characters strive to overcome their troubles is beautiful to say the least.
Agreed.

I keep smiling like an idiot, excpet when it's sad, then I'm more like ;_;
Apr 14, 2014 5:31 AM

Aug 2013
Believe me not alone I was making multiple faces while watching XD , Yeah it gave me diabetes the 2nd episode ,...... ;___;

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Apr 14, 2014 5:59 AM

Mar 2014
I was smiling when she was willing to accept him as her friend again so fast, because I thougth it was going to be a lot harder. I was happy for both of them. Everything they did together as friends made me smile too.
Apr 14, 2014 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
I'm smiling at Hase-kun's determination to be friends with her again but at the same time I'm sad for Fujimiya-san's sorry state. T_T
Apr 14, 2014 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Blackiris said:

My empathy thing or whatever you call it isn't what you think. It's actually the opposite. IRL, I empathize far deeper than anyone. It's just that I maybe hoping for a happy ending or just enjoying the current situation which they are in. But srsly, you should be more concern about Hase. Think about being in the shoes of a person who likes someone, who cannot return his feelings completely. Maybe I wouldn't like that or if I keep pushing on, I'll be guilty about myself for being too pushy or forceful on something that can't be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2014 8:39 PM

Jun 2013
DenjaX said:

Indeed, as the series progresses we're likely to see the drama and feels escalate. As time goes on, two variables increase; how much Fujimiya forgets (additionally she will be forgetting more each weak as she spends more time with Hase), and how many memories she has to catch up on via the diary. If every episode contains week time period (or at least most of them,) by the time we're ending the series, at least two months will have elapsed. Now imagine you're Fujimiya. You wake up on Monday, and you can't remember what you've been doing for the majority of two months, and you have a diary containing pages upon pages of information about someone you know nothing about, and you feel obligated to try and continue a relationship that you had no idea you had. Seeing how nervous she was after week 1, she will probably reach the point of emotional instability after a while.
Weapon_MasterApr 14, 2014 9:20 PM
Apr 14, 2014 9:13 PM

Oct 2011
Smiles turning into sadness then yes T__T
Apr 15, 2014 3:43 AM

May 2010
Yeah, I am grinning all the time without even realizing.
Apr 24, 2014 1:12 AM

May 2012
I´m completely with you on this every episode that has come out has just made me keep this giant smile on my face !!! hope the series can keep p the good work, I know people are saying it´s gonna turn kinda grim but let´s hope for a happy ending.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Apr 24, 2014 11:54 AM

Feb 2013
On the contrary, I feel for this anime so much that it hurts.

But there are instances that I smile. Kaori's evolution throughout these episodes is what puts a smile on my face. But there is a feeling of dread every time it turns Monday.

But that's just me. I love this show ever since the first episode. I do want a happy ending for her. ; n;

Feb 10, 2019 4:06 AM
May 2018
Onyxus said:
This anime really gets this peculiar thing out of me. I've been grinning like a fool while watchinig the entire episode (ep 2) and even the 1st episode.

Am I alone?
meee I was smiling the whole damn time till it got over
May 28, 2019 12:11 AM
Jan 2019
Yup, definitely kept smiling through most of it and even shed some tears. Indeed a nice and heartwarming anime.
Feel like this is a bit underrated(but well, i have not watched enough so this is a novice opinion). i have been told that 7.5+ is a good score actually but i felt it deserves more.
Glad that they kept things subtle and loved the ending by the way. Feels really calm inside after watching it...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2014

326 by oooo3333 »»
Jan 6, 12:08 AM

» Thought it was pretty bad due to one person

xONLYINHUMANx - Aug 30, 2023

4 by SAMESOULS_319 »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:32 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

319 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Aug 29, 2023 7:31 AM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2014

172 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 24, 2023 5:53 PM

Poll: » Isshuukan Friends. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2014

160 by lazypanda666 »»
Aug 13, 2023 10:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.