Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2014 9:29 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Xochitl this volume I guess. Also nice to see Hamazura this volume too. It’s been awhile and I notice that he is with Kinuhata and Rikou. Well obviously Mugino isn’t there and neither is Frenda. And oh God, the teases of Hamazura involving bunnies was just super fun.

This was an awesome volume once again highlight Hamazura. He might be a level 0 but he is also a true protagonist when he fights for what he believes in. I noticed he is going up against Accelerator this time, who is three levels above Mugino. Well, shit what chance does he stand this time? And I was right, he didn’t stand a chance yet I admire his bravery in this volume. I think Accelerator understood where he came from too.

Holy shit, Mugino returned this volume too. And also Aiwass makes an appearance. Wow. I don’t understand Aiwass’ power though but it seems like Accelerator is not much for it. On the other hand, what is up with Mugino?? She keeps saying “HAMAZURAAAAAAA” like a yandere now. Oh well, at least that didn’t end up with someone dying. Now to Russia. I guess this is where the next major story arc will take place. Should be fun.

Apr 25, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2013
Back to the science side this time and the events happening here are occurring at the same time as the Curtana Original/England arc.

Several jobs/terrorist incidents that Group must take care of. The terrorists were their only link to Dragon but the job was to kill them. One incident leads to another and eventually Shiokishi wanted to silence Group as well for just knowing about Dragon. So Group turns it all around and attacks Shiokishi's stronghold instead.

Really loved Hamazura this volume. The lengths he's willing to go to save Takitsubo and even help Kinuhata. Plus I loved the way he was described by Measure Heart about being someone who was going completely against Aleister's plans since Hamazura was just supposed to be a grunt that should have died during the Battle Royale arc.

There was not really any major battle, but still a lot of great short battles. I really liked Etzali vs. his old comrade Tecpatl. I hope we get more about the Aztec organization cuz it's some interesting stuff. The "assessment" that Accelerator gave Hamazura was also great.

Final chapter was quite confusing. Aiwass appears who seems to be higher than an artificial angel or maybe some kind of magical being that was summoned through science? She mentions that Accelerator has power from Osiris's time while she has power from Horus. Guess that's one clue to the Telesma that Accelerator has but no idea what else this all could mean.

At the same time Mugino saves Hamazura and Takitsubo from the Hound Dogs unit that was after him but then she herself wants to kill him. After some fighting Hamazura and Takitsubo escape on a plane to which again Mugino actually helped them by clearing an obstacle that the Hound Dogs created.

Hamazura and Takitsubo kiss awww <3 And they parachute off near Russia. After defeating Accelerator, Aiwass instructed Accelerator to also head to Russia since the item that controls Index is over there. I'm guessing it's something to do with Accelerator gaining the knowledge or having Index help him destroy Aiwass which would mess up Aleister's plans for a while. And of course Russia is also where Touma is heading. I hope all their paths cross, would love to see them maybe working together.
XenoviusApr 25, 2016 2:13 PM
May 19, 2017 12:06 AM

Dec 2013
Loved Hamazura in this volume. The interactions with Kinuhata are especially fun. Her fight was also really great.

Mugino was terrifying in this volume. The lengths Hamazura went to protect his waifu were very impressive. “It looks like killing you once wasn’t enough" badass af!

Accelerator was as awesome as always but Aiwass was op af!
Dec 27, 2018 1:07 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Again, the very best delivered by Science side!
Like vol15, this kind of pacing makes reading these volumes a breeze, whereas while still great, recent volumes focusing solely on Touma, had a much more dragged on pacing!

I m going to reforce this again, it is not due to Accelerator that this volume was a fucking fantastic read, it was due to everyone.
Seeing Hamazura again was nice, I m liking him more and more, and Mugino, I starting to feel pity on her honestly... she did also save his save multiple times here, and didnt kill him due to her arrogance, honestly, I cant wait to see them both interacting in the future again (and that kiss he got from Takitsubo come out of nowhere and was just a really cute moment)~~

So we learn Aiwass is a thing now, probably the strongest ever angel?? (had already spoiled myself about him long ago though)
Seems like Accel cant use his powers on Angel's due to their own nature of the attacks, it was rather interesting to see more seeing the light about Alister's master plan too.

And everyone is finally convering on Russia for the final arc that promises alot, sweet!!
Sep 12, 2020 6:49 PM

Mar 2019
Yooo.. This volume was really good actually, Hamazura and Accelerator really are interesting protagonists.

Looks like everyone is going to Russia including Touma, I think the next volume will be very hype.
PotimasSep 12, 2020 7:00 PM

Feb 11, 2021 11:52 AM

Jan 2017
This arc really blew the British Civil War arc out of the water, I can't believe this was even better than vol 15

Hamazura meeting Accelerator was such a tense moment, I'm really glad that Accel saw he is in the same boat as him and spared Takitsubo in the process

Welp I'm just gonna remember Mugino as "HAMAZURAAAAAAAAAA" from now on. She went from terrifying to outright OH GOD OH FUCK

The three protags are now in Russia and I'm so hyped
May 7, 2021 2:41 PM

Jul 2017
I've been really underwhelmed so far by this final stretch of volumes that I've heard so much hype about, but at least this arc and volume was definitely better in every way than the ridiculously stupid, corny and boring British Royal Family arc. Finally a volume that could potentially live up to that hype I've heard about for me.

Very solid volume as a whole, despite a bit of a slow start. The science side being the focus definitely is the stronger part of the whole franchise for me, especially with a mostly serious tone like this without much of the bullshit fanservice on the side, and the protagonists are just better than Touma, even though I'm no Accelerator fan myself.

Hamazura though is coming on his own to be my favorite character of the franchise by some margin; he was the star of the volume. Including the fact that he's a Level 0, he really should have been the protagonist of this series without having the fanservice and biting to deal with as he's actually a character with a dynamic and likable personality who I would genuinely root for and incredibly caring for the people he wants to protect and support like Takitsubo (who was also really good too). He also had an interesting dynamic/confrontation with Accelerator too in the middle of the arc. This guy in terms of writing is easily the best character so far too, and this volume was almost like a tribute to why he's so good. The Mugino round 2 stuff was also decent.

The action in the volume isn't particularly great like the previous volumes, but at least the characters and tension is much, much better here than in the past few volumes with Touma as the main lead. Not really corny too with its storytelling, which I appreciate. Happy that Hamazura and Rikou even kissed each other by the end, they even had a clue to go out together after all this and realizing their feelings for each other and wanting each other to live on happily.
animejasMay 7, 2021 2:45 PM

More topics from this board

» Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 04 Discussion

KitsuFrost - Apr 25

0 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 25, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 03 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 22, 2018

6 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 2 Discussion

-DxP- - Feb 25

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 20, 2:44 PM

» 20th Anniversary discussion

khoisharky - Apr 9

3 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 10, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 01 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 10, 2018

6 by -DxP- »»
Jan 7, 4:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.