Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 30, 2014 12:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh snap, so this volume deals with Terra of the Left. I think he's one of the members of the God's Right Seat.

This volume was kinda funny in the way that Misaka was trying to look for Touma though XD
I wasn't expecting Monoka to get shot like that though. Damn. Tsuchimikado is pretty damn awesome in this volume though. Oh well at least Touma didn't end up dead. I'm really glad to see Itsuwa also since she didn't make a big impression imo from the anime (Season II). And oh my goodness, what is she wearing? Well I guess it can't be helped with the circumstances but still..

Terra of the Left scares me a bit with his techniques. Well, I'm not too surprised given his status though. The fight was somewhat cheesy imo but I did like some of the dialogues during the confrontation. And wut, Touma lost his memories? What.

On another note, Itsuwa is awesome in this volume.
Aug 10, 2014 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
More Itsuwa , that's the only thing i cared for in this ep :3 . Poor Monoka .I like to travel on that plane at least once :).
Apr 19, 2015 4:04 AM

Jun 2014
Damn that ending with Acqua and Terra did not see that coming.
Who is the final God's Right Seat member who is also a Saint.
All credit goes to Sacred.
Mar 30, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2013
Cool to have more Itsuwa in this volume. She's significantly stronger than I thought.

Tsuchimikado forcing Touma out of the plane was hilarious!

Misaka knows about Touma memories? It's cool that they haven't completely forgetting about Touma's memories.
Apr 18, 2017 4:13 PM
Jul 2018
Two questions, is this the manga or light novel? And is this translated to English yet? I can't find it anywhere.
Dec 5, 2018 3:47 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
So happy I dont need to create this thread as people finally started to create them...
MAL has a really vexing way to enable you to create those, and doing so multiple times a week is annoying.

But I m also really happy that I finally entered in new territory, after Index S2. (this arc was soo rushed on S3 O.O)

Itsuwa finally make her big appearence, quite cute, want to see more of her, in a more relaxed enviroment.
Terra raised some interesting topics, but aside that, talk about being the villain of the week. He appears and sudden enough at the end was moped down by Acqua.

So Touma before his memories got reset, at the beggining of vol1, did he really knew about the real complete form of Imagine Breaker? I dont believe he ever gave us that impression...

In the afterword Kazuma says Kamijou can be written in 2 different kanji.
"The first means "The One Above God" and the second means "The One who Purifies God"".
Very interesting, more so considering the later part, the one who purifies god... I know critical info has not yet been revealed even so in NT, but I think this maybe a real interesting lead to came closer to the truth.

And now Misaka is on it. I expect something really emotional to happen in volume 16, cant wait to read that and see how her reaction to him changes.
But before, I have on my hands a full scale war of factions, and I loved SS1 introduction of GROUP alot, sweet!
Sep 21, 2019 2:58 PM
Aug 2013
I am finally back again to reading this.
I am glad to see more comments here more than the previous volumes (I think this was thanks to the gap between the release of S2 and S3).

Overall a good arc (mainly because Index wasn't there :p)
Tsuchimikado was awesome as always.
I didn't expect us to be teased about Touma's right hand like that. But Touma didn't seem like he knows anything specialabout his Imagine breaker before losing his memory.
Accelerator is back to action. Guess he is doing the dirty work now.
I didn't expect at all what Acqua did to Terra. I honestly laughed at what he said to Terra xD however having a short appearance but Terra was an interesting character!
I seriously got goosebumps when it was revealed that Mikoto knew that Touma lost his memory. So excited to know how things will go from now on.
Oh and I loved that word playing on the meaning of Kamijou.
__amaterasu__Sep 22, 2019 5:27 AM
Aug 28, 2020 11:49 AM

Mar 2019
Interesting volume, I liked the reveal at the end about Touma and his memories.

Nov 27, 2020 8:27 AM

Jan 2017
The stakes are higher than ever, I for sure thought everyone on the magical side would turn on AC when they sent in those troops, what a twist when it was actually done with agreement from France.

Accel yet with another amazing line! "A first-class villain doesn't target honest lives" , how can he become more badass than he already was wtf.

So 2 of God's Right Seat members are now down, Acqua is next?

More topics from this board

» Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 04 Discussion

KitsuFrost - Apr 25

0 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 25, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 03 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 22, 2018

6 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 23, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 2 Discussion

-DxP- - Feb 25

1 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 20, 2:44 PM

» 20th Anniversary discussion

khoisharky - Apr 9

3 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 10, 6:04 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index Volume 01 Discussion

Playcool - Oct 10, 2018

6 by -DxP- »»
Jan 7, 4:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.