Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Feb 26, 2014 8:34 AM
Apr 2013
OMFG why did the episode end T___T I can't like REALLY CANNOT wait for another week T___T
Feb 26, 2014 8:54 AM
Feb 2013
Ok, So Hakuto is Natsume's creation after all, hello like I knew that already.

RIP for Natsume......for the meantime.

So, Natsume is merely a decoy for them Yakou bad guys, so that is why she dresses as a boy.
Feb 26, 2014 8:58 AM

Jan 2014
Holy Shit!!! I sort of had a hunch that something like this would happen, but still the revelations and the way it played was good enough too.

Good God Natsume getting pierced like that and just after she was being this cute, damn you Takiko, you can claim you're not fanatical like the rest but that's plain bullshit, all you care is about is following your idol no matter the cost or what you have to do for that, so you can save the "this is for your sake too" speech, because everything you're doing is for your satisfaction.
Feb 26, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2010
I'm guessing that Harutora is going to use the ritual thing that Suzuka tried to use on his brother.
Feb 26, 2014 9:16 AM

Oct 2008
If Natsume dies, i'll give this show 1/10. -.-
Feb 26, 2014 9:29 AM

Jun 2008
Hachiro said:
If Natsume dies, i'll give this show 1/10. -.-

She's dead*. Now go vote this anime a 1.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Feb 26, 2014 9:30 AM

Jul 2013
Well.. Natsume got the death flag all over her as soon as we were presented her flash back and her being lovey dovey with bakatora..

Now that he's got Yakou's power, he should just go crazy and destroy the shamanic bureau and kill Takiko 3 times over.
Feb 26, 2014 9:39 AM

Jul 2013
Wait did Natsume just died ? Shit, didnt see that coming..

Guess I'm team Suzuha now
Feb 26, 2014 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
Oh the feels. Just when everything is going smoothly suddenly Takiko barged in.
Feb 26, 2014 11:09 AM

Nov 2012
What a good episode!! I mean I would be surprised if things stay as they are but when something plays over the credits, it normally means that things are serious. Kinda threw me a little, not sure what to expect!!
'Once an Arsenal man, always an Arsenal man.' - Bob Wilson.

Feb 26, 2014 11:13 AM

Jan 2008
Harutora looked really badass in that raven armour. I hope he can use it at will.

As for Natsume, I swear, if they kill her off, or don't revive her in some way or form...I'm drastically going to lower my score of this series (because I'm almost finished watching it anyway, may as well, otherwise I would have dropped it by now).
Feb 26, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2012
Damn, I don't even particularly like this series that much, but this ep was so good :>
Feb 26, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2013
Finally Things getting real :X
Natsume better not dying :O
Feb 26, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2014
Loved this episode
Natsume was cute throughout this episode. <3<3<3

I hope she'll be alright . :c
Feb 26, 2014 1:06 PM

May 2012
jiraiya_sensei said:
Well.. Natsume got the death flag all over her as soon as we were presented her flash back and her being lovey dovey with bakatora..

Now that he's got Yakou's power, he should just go crazy and destroy the shamanic bureau and kill Takiko 3 times over.

Well, I declare to kill Takiko not just 3x but 50x
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Feb 26, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
warcon said:
facade63 said:
>People always complain anime never kills off characters.

>When an anime finally comes around that does people complain.

makes sense.

Yes because those who complain about no one dying are the ones complaining about people dying.

What the f**k are you stupid?

This...
I don't know why you're comparing two separate types of people as if they're one. ._.
Feb 26, 2014 1:41 PM
Feb 2013
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

Well...she meant well. Sort of.

As for the 'surprise' Natsume and bakatora being switched, and SHE is of the branch and NOT the head...let's be honest here: that was clear and obvious from last episode already. They insisted FAR too strongly about the difference that she wasn't a boy but a girl to be just still a minor twist, but rather a major development in the story.

If it was just a matter of hiding her in the school as a boy, they wouldn't have stressed the importance of that fact so much in last episode. Already there I knew: they're going to turn out to be switched, and the guy will be Yakou reincarnated.

On itself, it was a nice plottwist, but the confirmation now didn't come as a surprise, seen it could be deduced already last episode.

Her death (if she is or remains truly dead, we still have to see, because very few anime have the kudos to let a major character die) did come as a surprise, though.
Feb 26, 2014 2:04 PM
Mar 2013
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

agree i do hope takiko gets broken to piece...but not only that i wish she gets killed very painfully and while she dies harutora doesnt even listn to her final words , anyway good job on making me hate her personality so much its always good to have characters that are interesting in a good or bad way...btw great episode
Feb 26, 2014 2:16 PM

Sep 2011
Didn't see that coming, but I expect some sort of reviving to happen. This kind of show won't kill off a MC just like that :3..
Feb 26, 2014 3:18 PM
Dec 2013
wow best episode so far was kinda expecting the reveal of the switch but they played it out better than i expect. I hope Natsume is ok although it does not look good.
Feb 26, 2014 3:38 PM

Mar 2012
did she really die? I mean it didn't even look like that much damage
Feb 26, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2012
No feels were felt. Probably isn't even dead.
Feb 26, 2014 4:29 PM

Sep 2012
Nooooooooo Natsume!!! Why?? You were sooo young!
O importante não é o que fazemos de nós, mas o que nós fazemos daquilo que fazem de nós
Feb 26, 2014 4:54 PM
Jan 2012
Best episode so far :D
Feb 26, 2014 5:40 PM

Jul 2012
The reveal in this episode, we saw it coming.

Natsume better not die or I will be so angry.

Great episode!!!
Feb 26, 2014 6:02 PM

Mar 2010
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

You know that was an accident right?
Feb 26, 2014 6:21 PM

Dec 2013
AnimageNeby said:

As for the 'surprise' Natsume and bakatora being switched, and SHE is of the branch and NOT the head...let's be honest here: that was clear and obvious from last episode already. They insisted FAR too strongly about the difference that she wasn't a boy but a girl to be just still a minor twist, but rather a major development in the story.

Allow me to correct you here..
Only Yasuzumi is confirmed as Harutora's real father means Harutora is from the main family.
It's STILL not confirmed if Natsume is from the branch family. Her real parents are still not confirmed, not even in the source material. Notice how this episode just doesn't say anything about her real parents? She might not even be Tsuchimikado at all.

Feb 26, 2014 6:33 PM
Feb 2014
Oh my! Stuff just got real up in here! Really enjoyed this episode, nicely balanced. Question please, what is the opening song and the song with vocals and guitar starts at 8:30 time stamp?
Feb 26, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2013
WOW... I love this ep soo much. Natsume:(
I wonder if they are going to have a second season. This is pretty good. Too bad there's only 4 eps left :(
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Feb 26, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2012
Hishamaru said:
AnimageNeby said:

Allow me to correct you here..
Only Yasuzumi is confirmed as Harutora's real father means Harutora is from the main family.
It's STILL not confirmed if Natsume is from the branch family. Her real parents are still not confirmed, not even in the source material. Notice how this episode just doesn't say anything about her real parents? She might not even be Tsuchimikado at all.

W/c might or might not become a plot point later on in the series. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if she were the reincarnation of Yakous long lost love or something. Cliche as that may be.
Feb 26, 2014 7:14 PM

Mar 2010
Actually vol 11 is going to deal with secret behind Natsume's birth as one of it's plot points. =D
Feb 26, 2014 7:18 PM

Jul 2012
Jagd84 said:
Actually vol 11 is going to deal with secret behind Natsume's birth as one of it's plot points. =D

Three cheers for that then ;)

Feb 26, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2013
@jagd Yeah man..can't wait for that! so much room for character development! :D

I have some theories regarding it (and that too crazy ones O_O ) but yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if that were to happen.. Imo this makes Natsume's character much more interesting considering how complex Harutora's personality and character is now.
Gamer6Feb 26, 2014 7:37 PM

Feb 26, 2014 7:55 PM

Jul 2011
+1 for MC death. And she better be dead. No resurrection BS. >:I
I wish there was more romance build up though.
Feb 26, 2014 8:02 PM

Jul 2013
Jagd84 said:
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

Accident or not, Takiko just cockblocked Harutora... it's like, READ THE MOOD DAMN IT!!!
Feb 26, 2014 8:16 PM

Jun 2012
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TTTTTTTTT_TTTTTTTTTTTTTT
http://knickerblogger.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/please-god-no.gif

I'm one of the only ones who didn't find the reveal obvious, though I know I'm not always clever about everything, especially when I watch a lot of other series, put this one off for a few weeks at a time, & therefore hard to fully recall what was going on plot-wise. Well, I'm sure if I considered it, I'd have realized. . yeah I feel kind of dumb now, but w/a all the better when I found out.

Great episode! I haven't read any manga or LN adaptation, but this seemed really well-done ^^
Yasu-kunFeb 26, 2014 8:42 PM

Feb 26, 2014 9:59 PM

Aug 2008
This once they are doing it right.

Natsume started putting deathflags around the opening of the episode, so I can't say I didn't see it coming. But since Yakou was well known for his resurrection spell, I guess we don't have to be worried. Yakou can, Tora can.
Feb 26, 2014 11:15 PM

Feb 2013
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
NOPE

IF SHE DIES I-
FIRST HAMATORA AND NOW TOKYO RAVENS?!?! ANIME CREATORS WHYYYYY ; A ; MUST YOU DESPAIR MY HEART SO
I JUST-
//SLAMS FISTS ON TABLE

Ugh took them long enough, 20 episodes to find out Harutora is the reincarnation, also took him a LONG time to get some powers. She didn't even deal that much damage, but I'm guessing because she used some crazy amount of power to
reverse the curse cast on Harutora, it took a darn lot of spirit energy + all her wounds. Ok I'm really upset at what happened this episode, but at the same time I didn't cry at all, and I'm a SUPER emotional person. I just really can't see Natsume dying, she's the main heroine, this anime isn't a "dark" anime like Guilty Crown or anything...

But on another note: Darn Harutora, both your girls dying in your arms. Wow, much misfortune. Also, seeing Natsume's little "white world" before she "supposedly passes away" was also so sad, this music too... DOES NOT HELP
pp813Feb 26, 2014 11:19 PM
Feb 26, 2014 11:20 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't really like this episode, the music was ehh strange. I hope Natsume doesnt die because thats a lame way to go but guess we gotta wait another week to see.
Feb 27, 2014 1:17 AM
Jan 2014
Jagd84 said:
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

That doesn't make it right.

Besides who does she think she is just forcing people to (possibly) become someone they don't want to. It seems like Harutora was leading a pretty good life already and she should've taken precautions.
She killed her indirectly because she was being a moron.
Feb 27, 2014 1:43 AM
Nov 2011
I loved this episode! I was just mad at the fact the end got spoiled for me by stupid comments on the site i use so the ending didn't hit me as much as it would have.

I do got to agree though that Raven Coat looked pretty badass on Harutora though. Let alone fully awakened, or not i'd love to see him rage, and kill Somua after that. Hakuto "died" trying to save him against Suzuka near the start, and then learning that she was Nastume. Then having her die in his arms oh it just seems like things are going to get nasty for Somua after that.
Feb 27, 2014 3:05 AM

Aug 2010
Btw for LN readers...did they explain Mutobe's OPness??? Because that was pretty ridiculous how OP he was.
Feb 27, 2014 4:07 AM

Dec 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Btw for LN readers...did they explain Mutobe's OPness??? Because that was pretty ridiculous how OP he was.
Yeah, that's because after getting revived as Takiko's shikigami using Taizan Fukun and Yase-Doji(imperial pallbearers/Souma clan's secret technique, I hate funimation's English translations) he became a spirit being, much like Kakugyouki, Hokuto (dragon, you do know that the dragon is female right?) and Kon. Same thing happened with Shidou. He's not your typical mecha/man-made shikigami like Spider Tank Tsuchigumo or Asura. Spirit beings are much powerful than man-mades, eg. Yakou's 2 legendary shikis.

Hope that explains well.
Gamer6Feb 27, 2014 4:18 AM

Feb 27, 2014 4:49 AM

Oct 2009
WHAT NO NO NOOO NATSUMEEEEE!!!!!! WHAT THE FUCK!! She better not be dead for REAL!!!!! But Bakatora is Yakou he can revive her no??? Souma should be killed, revived and killed again!! ;________________________________;
Feb 27, 2014 6:20 AM

May 2010
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NATSUME !!!!!!!! ToT
Feb 27, 2014 7:13 AM

Aug 2012
need to put opinion too.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO PLEASE NOOOOOOOOO NATSUME !!!!! :'(!!!

psno need to say something else that described the episode.... I'll return with my depression now... cya lol can't wait to see what next.. :'(
Feb 27, 2014 7:55 AM

Mar 2010
warcon said:
Jagd84 said:
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

Besides who does she think she is just forcing people to (possibly) become someone they don't want to. It seems like Harutora was leading a pretty good life already and she should've taken precautions.

Takiko was impulsive and emotional yes, but moron? No. She was angry when she hear what Yasuzumi had done to Natsume, but didn't know the curse was half undone. Fact of the matter is that she never meant any actual harm to come to Natsume and acted on good intentions which was relieve her of what Takiko considered an unjustified burden and set what was right in her POV.

You certainly don't have to agree with her, and I'm not arguing Takiko actions weren't rash or that she wasn't in the wrong, but what happened was manslaughter at best.
Iron_MawFeb 27, 2014 8:26 AM
Feb 27, 2014 8:07 AM

Mar 2009
Well we can all pretty much guess that Natsume isn't dead/not going to stay dead.

I hope Harutora goes on a rampage and offs Souma, which will probably also not happen because "she only wanted a comrade" and "I feel sorry for her".

Although if it does happen next week it will be my greatest moment of joy this season.
Feb 27, 2014 8:07 AM

Aug 2010
Nice episode. It actually feels as if Natsume is really dead. The way they showed her in the opening and ending makes it seem like that. I guess she'll be brought back to life somehow. However if she didn't die this episode I'd be disappointed.

5/5
Feb 27, 2014 8:27 AM

May 2012
warcon said:
Jagd84 said:
zilch16 said:
jiraiya_sensei said:

Well, I agree. But, I can't just blame all to Takiko After a very pretty much thinking. Everyone's here at fault.

Yasuzumi- sealing off his child in the first place and leaving the unsealing to someone who doesn't even know what is the real purpose of it. The fact that he also went hiding while his real son might be in danger.

Takahiro & Chizuru- for so long that they had been an accomplished of Yasuzumi despite having Harutora in their care for so long.

Takiko- Well, you already know that because of her very sensitive emotion, she always ends up doing things that she should not do hasty. Well, after Harutora gone berserk, what did she do? Did she not even think that since it's her fault, she should try to help and stop him?

Genji, Shidou & Mutobe- Those goons who provoke Takiko to do it (well, Mutobe/Kumomaru just following orders).

Tenma & Kyouko- (I just want to add these two) What the hell they are doing?! Don't tell me, they just stand up there while Touji, Suzuka and Natsume are trying to stop Harutora?? More people, more chance to save him.

Kakugyouki- Well, if you already thought that this might happen, why don't you stay by your master's side and watch him not to go in that state. How would Natsume figures all that you said in just a short time?! If Kakugyouki is there, then more person could have able to handle Harutora.

Natsume- Well, I know your the main topic, but Natsume...you shouldn't sacrifice yourself just because you partly blame what happened to Harutora. You should be able to remember what Kakugyouki said about seeking help to Suzu if anything bad happens. Well, love really hurts---physically and emotionally.

And lastly, YAKOU (the root of all)- In the first place, all of this things will not happen if Yakou just remain dead and not reincarnate himself. (He may have a reason to), but still, if you just do that, maybe, Natsume and Harutora would have been living a normal life, and those Yakou devotees and the others will leave in a more silent and peaceful world.

Still, I love how they animate this episode. So happy that they did it much more cool and full of feelings as I expected.
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of will
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Tokyo Ravens community still alive? Any news on the new LN volume 17?

Gilgamesh45 - Mar 26, 2022

24 by XrIoUs »»
Mar 24, 4:18 AM

» Rest in peace Maon Kurosaki

Hot_Green_Tea - Mar 3, 2023

2 by smallwitchy »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ravens Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2014

372 by DemonLordKenzaki »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:43 PM

» Tokyo ravens really end?

Patolas - Aug 6, 2017

16 by Alexioos95 »»
Jun 10, 2023 8:12 AM

» How to see the rest of the story?

MrBones2002 - Jun 11, 2021

5 by Biribiri10 »»
Nov 7, 2022 11:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.