Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 3, 2010 3:21 PM

Jun 2010
I play games cauz i love RPG`s - the story, the battle and the charas are making
me happy to play :3 I love the freedom of doing things in a world without restriction.
Actualy im also a Achievement hunter :D~
Leader of the Exequias ~ Rise Up Arbola ~

Project -> "Greatest AMV`s (on Youtube) of all time"
(Take a sneaky look on my list ~ preview area is done ^^)
Jun 3, 2010 5:09 PM

Apr 2010
LoveEnmaAi said:
I never liked video games, but one video game I really enjoyed and beat about 5 times and I plan to beat it again. I loved the story.

Most video games didn't have great stories such as the one I played, and that's why I only played that one.

I tried other games but they just weren't fun.

I don't play games often anymore, except for that game which I will beat occasionally.
What game is that?
Jun 3, 2010 5:49 PM

Feb 2005
I never bother going for 100% on most games these days, and while I used to enjoy JRPGs, I can hardly even start one of them these days, being so mind numbingly repetitive and cliché as most of them tend to be with every latest FF being a bigger disappointment than the last with the same old characters and uninventive stories.

There's also plenty of other games I juts lose motivation to complete.

But then there's games that are always fun to play every now and then, like BFBC2, MW2 (Despite it's many terrible flaws) or CoD4.
Jun 3, 2010 6:09 PM

Oct 2009
How about doing something productive instead like exercising or studying?

legum servi sumus ut liberi esse possimus
Jun 3, 2010 6:12 PM

Dec 2009
I only play games that are online or with friends.
The only games I enjoy by myself are the "tales of" series games and kingdom hearts.
Jun 3, 2010 6:34 PM

Jun 2008
Baman said:
I never bother going for 100% on most games these days, and while I used to enjoy JRPGs, I can hardly even start one of them these days, being so mind numbingly repetitive and cliché as most of them tend to be with every latest FF being a bigger disappointment than the last with the same old characters and uninventive stories.

But then there's games that are always fun to play every now and then, like BFBC2, MW2 (Despite it's many terrible flaws) or CoD4.
Damn it, the completist in me makes me feel like shit if I get a 2nd place in a car race. But the leisure player in me makes me enjoy a game and not be a completist. Damn my contradictory perspectives.

I swear I've lost motivation to like several games, it's probably because I know the ending means the end. Meaning I probably won't enjoy this game to the fullest anymore. A repeat would have the mystery of the story disappear. The character interaction moot. The race dull and frustrating. The shooter expected and repetitive. The fighting only to enjoy seeing CG do its work. The customization, not expecting any surprises, and getting the ideal equipment over and over again. Ahhh. It's funny how I don't feel the same way for movies or novels. Just games. Where I almost get to the end, and lose the motivation to finish.
Jun 3, 2010 6:38 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoy leisurely playing most games and taking in the plot. The story is usually what makes the game worthwhile. Although, on the contrary too many cut scenes drive me crazy. Since I tend to take the games in stride it takes me much longer to complete them then should be, but I just enjoy level grinding for a long time somedays.

Playing games is about finding something you love and losing yourself for a while.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 3, 2010 6:41 PM

Sep 2008
Play better games WoW and Maple story suck.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Jun 3, 2010 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
I love playing them! But I haven't found that game recently that get you so engrossed in it that you don't want to do anything else.
Jun 3, 2010 7:14 PM

Jan 2010
I've quit as well but it was for study;

blackskulldragon said:
Mystere said:
Scud said:
Because they're fun.

This. Isn't this a good enough reason?
Jun 3, 2010 7:28 PM

Jul 2009
For fun and relieving some stress. I used to play RPG games in the past but i don't have much time for that right now. So i only play games like FM and some hack n slash games these days.

For online game, in the past i used to play MMORPG, collecting item, upgrade it and then killing another player. It is always fun to kill another player :)

But right now because i don't have much time, i only play DOTA and usually i play it with my friends. DOTA is one of the facilities for me to keep in touch with some of my friends.
Jun 3, 2010 7:34 PM

Oct 2008
First of all. OP is such a weeaboo it's embarrassing. Secondly, video games are more enjoyable then anime or any other form of entertainment imo. You can interact with them, instead of just watching something play out. They're a great way to blow off steam, especially games like Team Fortress 2 or Counter-Srike. Nothing like taking out your aggression on real people online. Also, there are some games that have a much better story then any anime or TV show (See Metal Gear Solid 2, though most people will disagree because they're fucking stupid and didn't get the game at all.)
Jun 3, 2010 8:14 PM

Aug 2008
I feel "smarter" than those who didn't play video games - because - I played games that required some cognitive reasoning in order to get through and finish the game.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jun 3, 2010 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
whips and handcuffs....

whoa chains and leashes...that's some kinky stuff to be toying with

oh wai.......
Jun 3, 2010 9:32 PM

Aug 2009
To waste time for those who have plenty of time.
Kill boredom
Have fun
Jun 4, 2010 8:46 AM

May 2009
why don't you try playing console games instead of games online that you have to pay a monthly fee for i'd get tired of that to if my cash always went to that. If you're into rpgs theres tons for ps2,wii,ps3,ds,psp,xbox360 that you could play just for the price of buying the game.

i play games because they are fun and i often like the stories that go along with them.
right now im on my way of collecting most of the rpgs for ps2 and i love shooter and horror games :)
Jun 4, 2010 8:49 AM

Jun 2008
I play games because it's a nice escape from the regular day to day life. You know, work, eat and sleep. I have played well over 400 games in my life, so I like to escape often. XD

Plus, it's just another hobby like most. Like how people like to go to the movies. Only with video games it's a step up, what could be better than playing the movie, and being able to control the outcome? :D That's how I think of it as.
Jun 4, 2010 9:00 AM

Aug 2009
I like games, games is a part of my life, you wanna take away my life?

A man of few words.
Jun 5, 2010 9:29 AM

Dec 2009
It's really nothing smart that you don't play games. In case you didn't know, research states that some games stimulates parts of your brain. Games are also a sort of runaway from the daily stress and constant pressure of life. You can also develop marketing/ trading and typing skills. Games may be just but a virtual world to you, but for other, it's reality.
Doubt Doubt.
Jun 5, 2010 10:05 AM
Aug 2009
So your ditching video games for anime and manga !? Wow how smart.
Jun 5, 2010 3:14 PM

Feb 2008
Baman said:

MW2 is terrible, many of fans has switched to BFBC2 (for example me), This new Alpha Protocol is cool, I have pre-ordered it and got it today. I heard about it being same like ME1 and ME2 (reason why I bough it), I stil haven't installed it so I do not know. I too lost motivation on completing this J-RPG FFXI, I have played it only 4 hours and I have dropped the game. It is so linear even though I have read that it is only like that from start, and it'll be better - sh*t, I've been struggling just to past 1 hour of gameplay.
Also this new came, called Just Cause 2, I have dropped the game after 1 hour. And no, I do not download them, I buy games. I tend to watch reviews and game trendy, but I really regret not reading any about Just Cause 2.

Recently there are quite cr*ppy games, only good one was BFBC2, Metro 2033 and ME2 which is not so new.

ME1, ME2, Dragon Age, simply BioWare is simply the best game I have ever played. It sure is worth playing these kind of games.
spupapiJun 5, 2010 3:21 PM
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Jun 5, 2010 3:51 PM

Sep 2008
I play games for the same reason I watch anime, to enjoy a good story. Though the gameplay is obviously an important part to decide which games I play and which games I don't.
Jun 8, 2010 12:19 PM

Apr 2010
i play games because they already wasted 4 years of my life so why stop now?
Jun 8, 2010 1:24 PM

Jun 2010
Scud said:
Because they're fun.

This, and also because you can also play games with your friends, increasing the fun factor ^^
Jun 8, 2010 3:54 PM

May 2009
To entertain me.

Jun 8, 2010 7:11 PM

Nov 2007
Simply Entertainment. sure some of them are addicting but, i just think that means the people playing needs self control and another interest... I also play them cuz when i beat them i feel like i accomplished something. also play them for story like kingdom hearts. i think people in generally play games for an outlet for stress.
Jun 8, 2010 9:33 PM

Apr 2010
I use to enjoy both console games and computer games but now I have no interest at all. Not saying that it isn't enjoyable, just nothing for me to be passionate about to continue.Either that or I simply lost interest in it completely.
Jun 8, 2010 10:46 PM

Mar 2008
To enjoy a story or plot/character development.

To have competitive play against others.

To appreciate art direction, whether it be character, environment, prop, or cinematography.

To be part of another world.

To eliminate boredom.
Jun 8, 2010 10:51 PM

Mar 2010
Scud said:
Because they're fun.

QFT
Jun 9, 2010 12:54 AM

Jun 2010
Games are art and they are fun.
Jun 9, 2010 1:28 AM

Jan 2010
I'm surprised this discussion has lasted so long - does there really need to be any reason other than that they are enjoyable?

It's like, why watch anime? ...Because it's cool, and people enjoy watching it, of course.
Jun 9, 2010 5:32 AM

Mar 2010
Can you blow the fuck out of giant ass worms with a massive freaking cannon in real life? No, I think not. You can in a game though. Why learn jap anyway? Too many people know it as it is already, why not learn a dying out language or create your own. Be more creative. Geez, with all those long hours of playing games, you imagination still fails.
Jun 11, 2010 8:57 AM

Jun 2009
Fankly, I have no idea. the longest number of days I played any games is 3, that includes doing my daily routines and sleeping, and after that I forget about them.
I really dont know whats so addicting about it XD

Thank you to Cyruz-chama for patiently helping me with my siggy ;)

Jun 11, 2010 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
There was a time when I played games... Why? I was depressed and had a lot of stress, so I didn't really want to talk with poeple...

Jun 11, 2010 2:09 PM

Jan 2010
Because they're either fun or i'm addicted to it. Sometimes both.
Trolls. Can't live with them, can't live without them. Because they barge in to every thread YOU can find, that's why.
Jun 11, 2010 3:44 PM

Mar 2007
This is just ridiculous. I dunno what kind of answer you were expecting, but in the end you do something fun because it's fun.

I'm not even going to bother sending this to spam.

Thread locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.