Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 8, 2015 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
4/5 coz of Bellamy -Luffy could say sth like "join my crew friend, I'll never look down on You" instead of bloody hand k. Annnd Law case (as the next ep title says) -SRLY? LAW TOO? bull.shit...
Aozure -coz cutting the scene was to me cute mixed with crazyness & mocking Zoro due to water ban:P
Dec 12, 2015 7:06 PM

Jan 2015
Ok that just happened so now Doffy fight vs Luffy I suppose.
Dec 17, 2015 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
No way Law is dead. Theirs still so much mystery to him so Oda def never killed him off like that. Bellamy ain't dead either though right? I think he may come back.

Zoro flashback...i was hoping suttin happened and Mihawk never trained him and he became strong on his own or if he just gave a few tips and left.

Hell even if its just a few tips but Zoro had to figure the rest out on his own would have been fine. I hope thats what that scene implied.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
Dec 19, 2015 9:39 AM

Jan 2013
RIP Bellamy and Law ... allthough I doubt they're not getting revived or "healed" by Mansheri.
Cant believe how Bellamy managed to keep bouncing for that long ^^
Dec 25, 2015 1:00 PM

Mar 2010
For fucks sake.. luffy could have just punched him right from the start.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2015 8:25 PM

Jan 2014
Freaking Bellamy is finally done. Certainly the most annoying part of all this.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Dec 29, 2015 2:28 AM

Apr 2013
Luffy punched Bellamy. That's all that happened in these 20 minutes, wtf Toei. You suck.
And unfortunately there's no way Law will die, no matter how much I want it to happen...
Jan 3, 2016 2:04 PM

Jun 2015
Finally the real battle is about to begin.

Law will die :'(
Apr 22, 2016 2:06 PM

Jan 2011
You know Luffy mean business when he says Doflamingo's full name.

The bellamy fight was dragged out too long but it was still cool. I enjoyed this ep
Jun 11, 2016 7:06 PM
Jun 2013
can't lie, the return of Belami and the prolonging of his bouncing, might be one of the most annoying things Oda has ever done in One Piece. I'm so glad this is over.
Aug 16, 2016 9:48 PM

Mar 2015
Luffy's sole punch of Bellamy's face into the ground must be symbolic of that other time he had his mouth shut
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 21, 2016 2:31 PM

Sep 2014
the episode was ok finally belemi fight is over with one punch like in the past next episode looks nice ^^
Aug 24, 2016 1:34 AM

May 2013
To everyone who thinks Law or Bellamy is dead-- how long have you been watching One Piece???? You have GOT to be kidding me.

Luffy doesn't kill his enemies-- he just beats the crap out of him. Bellamy will return.
Law got shot by Doffy before and he didn't die. What makes you think these bullets will kill him? SMH.

And there are SO many moments when characters should have died, but they didn't. Oda only kills off characters if it is absolutely necessary for the plot.
Oct 27, 2016 12:02 PM
Sep 2016
Alright so bare with me here, but I think this episode would have been sooooo much better if bellamy died from that punch. It would have made it seem like luffy was actually fighting with a difficult choice to make instead of just doing something he could have done 20 episodes ago with no repercussions.

But no, Oda is a p****.
Mar 5, 2017 7:03 PM

Mar 2012
Took you long enough, you've done some retarded shit before Luffy but this one takes the cake. Was it really that hard to just knock the guy out with a punch so that you could quickly return to the top and help out Law who was in a battle to the death with Flamingo?
May 10, 2017 5:12 PM

May 2014
I got kind of emotional during those final moments of that Luffy vs. Bellamy fight. Whoever would've thought at Jaya that Bellamy would've ended up admiring Luffy on the same level he admired Doffy? Insane!

He just wanted to be given that final L from a guy he respected, and although Luffy felt like he was playing right into Doffy's stringy hands by fighting Bellamy, he understood by the end that Bellamy wanted to be defeated by him.

The finishing blow was emotional too- paralleled their first clash so well, but the fact that the meaning is completely different now hit me in the feels. Luffy shows his respect by finishing him off, whereas at the beginning of Jaya, he didn't even deem him worth fighting until he felt it was a necessity.

At this point, I just want Bellamy to join the crew...poor guy has nothing left as it stands. I doubt it'll ever happen bc I don't think his character is popular enough with the fans, but I really want him with the SH crew now :/

The final fight is approaching...

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2018 4:09 AM

Mar 2017
That place is too far from here
It might affect Luffy-kun!
I'll be right out

LOL SABOOO WAS SO CUTEE ON THAT PART xDD ♥♥

rewatching

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Aug 24, 2018 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
Luffy has finally woken up and kick the shit out of that Bellamy! The arc can finally go on a bit! Almost there!!!
Mar 15, 2020 9:10 AM

Jun 2016
Going into this episode, I expected it to be bad. I expected it to be a drawn out fight between Luffy and Bellamy, full of flashbacks, and the One Piece anime audience collectively letting out a sigh of relief. Bellamy is dead and we can finally move on. But, that’s not what I got. I thought this was a great episode, one full of interesting and heartfelt content.

Firstly, Zoro and Mihawk. The second I heard Mihawk’s voice through that dark screen I audibly gasped. I wasn’t expecting a flashback with him and our young two eyed Zoro like that. Mihawk started by asking Zoro if his sword has ever broken, something a little funny in itself seeing that Mihawk has broken his swords in the past. But, I don’t think Mihawk forgot because it was insignificant for him, he showed Zoro great respect and pledged to be there for Zoro to surpass, followed his adventures, and trained him. Rather, I think he wanted to make Zoro recall how it felt losing to Mihawk back in the day, and have a reflection on how it feels for Zoro to lose his swords; he has had funerals for them after all. Because after he made Zoro think about this he taught him it’s key to feel ashamed of hurting your blade, and what he’s ought to do is to master haki as any blade can be the black blade. A suggestion that it’s the swordsman who makes the blade strong. To make sure Zoro learned this he took away his ability to drink until it was mastered, which made me curious if he hadn’t drunk in the series since Sabaody and took up habits like fishing to cope with his lack of alcohol!! But going back to Punk Hazard he absolutely drinks sake. It was nice to see Perona again and to see some of the expansive time we missed, Zoro’s life with his second family over there is one I’m super interested in. From there, I would say we saw Zoro slightly in awe of his own power, it worked, his sword is in perfect condition. He had a burst of confidence and I think it goes to show that he was viewing Pica as some great practice for his lessons, kind of how he viewed Baroque works at Whiskey Peak. Of course, let’s not forget the scene of Usopp showing how much he cares about Zoro. With them being one of my favorite duo’s in anime, to have him bawl, so grateful Zoro is okay, and hug him put a huge smile on my face.

Fujitora focused on protecting the civilians of Dressrosa and his inaction was made a bit better because of this. As if he knew that they would be in danger with his supernatural sense of things, he went to their side and stopped Pica’s remains from killing many. Pica’s sliced head and the hill being covered in spikes is radical, but the giant pair of legs sitting in the middle of town made me chuckle. Meanwhile, Sabo was doing similar, the two aren’t so different. He was making sure to evacuate the prisoners until Koala called him, asking for help regarding something with Luffy. Looks like Luffy versus Trebol and Doflamingo won’t be all that’s left. Doflamingo can see what's been going on from above, but they are not worried as if Mansherry is still in their control, which they think she is from what I can tell, as long as Doflamingo slaughters everyone and fixes the factory all is not lost. It was nice to see Leo able to meet Kyros in the flesh too. :)

As for Bellamy! He’s finally down! The melancholic combat of two people who should be friends but can’t be is somewhat of a theme here. It reminded me of Franky and Senor Pink. However, with Senor Pink and Franky, their fight was suited to be paced the way it was, trading blows over and over. Luffy has felt like he was being battered by Bellamy for ages which definitely takes away from the punch. But, it was still strong. Like how Senor Pink sounded as if he wanted to die but felt an obligation to fight for me with his rumination of how he would like to visit his family in the afterlife if it weren’t for the shackles of life he carries, Bellamy wanted that too; just for different reasons. He couldn't let go of his last ounce of pride. Everything he worked for may be for nothing but he can at least hold on to his loyalty and go out as something. And what’s better than to hold onto his pride and die by the man he should have followed all along? That’s a pretty notion, and the sadness of it all is how every acknowledged that, even without strings, Doflamingo was still controlling Bellamy. Quite poetic if you ask me. Bellamy exclaiming stuff like: “IF YOU DON’T ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE I’LL KILL YOU” reminded me of when Garp tells Luffy that if Luffy didn’t kill him, Ace would die. In other words, it was a request. With that and Law down, Luffy has gone super saiyan and leveled up, Doflamingo acts like he doesn’t want to underestimate Luffy and Law talks about how Doflamingo likes to make people angry, but I have to question if enraging Luffy is the right call.

Speaking of Bellamy and Law, I think this is a good time to speak of the curse that “no one ever dies”. I think this first started in Alabasta with the two fake out deaths, Igaram and Pell. Igaram blew up and everyone acted like he was dead, and Pell had a self sacrificing death scene and outlived a direct nuke to the face. What’s key to the idea that no one ever dies is that people should be dying. The set up of Bellamy wanting to die and Luffy refusing to kill him, and Law being “killed” isn’t as bad as Alabasta, we have a character with the power to heal people so if they have a modicum of life within them they will be saved and we know that, but regardless due to the precedent set, it can feel lacking. We can feel lied to, or if we expect people not to die then the emotions we feel in scenes like these are dulled. This huge build up with Bellamy, in these terms, can be seen as simply delaying Luffy knocking someone out and that can feel insignificant. In Impel Down, the fact that Blackbeard ended up breaking out with the mega criminals even makes me feel there’s a good chance Bon Clay is alive. Another ramification of this is the actual deaths, such as Ace and Whitebeard, are thus amplified to the point that it’s nearly impossible to speak about the characters without someone mentioning their death and thus everyone ends up learning about the key deaths that will occur before they see them taking away some of the shock. I don’t mind this much but I think it’s a valid criticism of Oda, that is fake out deaths. Luckily the story and characters and ideas and emotional weight of the overall series aren’t often crippled by this in my mind.
Sep 10, 2020 6:08 AM

Mar 2020
Another amazing episode. It must've been hard for Luffy to fail to stop Bellamy. Who knew Bellamy was actually going to admire Luffy even though he was one of the people that truly provoked him. So, this is the pay-off to that fight in Jaya Island, damn. Now, Luffy's mad though. Seems like he's finally going to kick Doflamingo's ass!
Jun 7, 2021 9:06 AM

May 2016
It looks like half of the secret to Mihawk's all-powerful sword is Armament Haki, hm.

While the road up to it was one of most dreadful slogs ever, the conclusion to Bellamy's fight was excellent. Bellamy's gratitude and admiration for Luffy as he prepared his final blow so the latter would finally put him down was surprisingly touching. Luffy's rage was so intense that he actually dropped the silly nickname he had for Doflamingo!

Law's really not looking good...

Aug 14, 2021 9:55 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Bellamy... :'( That roar gave me goosebumps.
Aug 28, 2021 7:55 AM

Aug 2021
I love how Doffy consider's Luffy to be a Beast
also the past with Mihawk teaching Zoro about Busoshoku Haki :D
Loved this ep
May 5, 2022 6:30 AM

Dec 2012
Luffy punches Bellamy for the first time: Start shit, get hit. Punk!
Luffy punches Bellamy for the final time: Barely holding back the tears.

What a way we've come to see such a chance for redemption from Bellamy. Between that & Law's potential demise, I'm hyped as hell for the main event.
Jul 19, 2022 5:49 PM

Jan 2021
Zoro is awesome whenever he’s fighting its just hype everyone’s reaction’s says it all

Jan 1, 2023 8:16 AM
Dec 2022
Amazing anime I've ever seen
Jul 7, 2023 9:42 PM
Jan 2017
Bellamy actually brain dead fr, and Law is actually dead fr ;-;
Jul 10, 2023 7:22 PM
Jun 2022
WTF MY BAE IS A PACK 😭😭😭😭😭😭
Sep 5, 2023 1:53 AM
Oct 2019
That silence after the punch was so loud.
Dec 17, 2023 7:34 PM
Feb 2022
There goes Bellamy. Only 2 left. It's good to know Bellamy admires Luffy now.

Spanish translation:
Alla va Bellamy. Solo quedan 2. Es bueno saber que Bellamy admira a Luffy ahora.
Sep 2, 7:41 AM

Jun 2017
bored out of my butt.
6 hours ago
Dec 2023
Man. I hate Doflamingo
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1121 Discussion

IzanaSolos - 8 hours ago

28 by Dahaka_ »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 27

56 by Atlas77 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1112 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FMmatron - Jul 13

130 by Atlas77 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1111 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 6

65 by Atlas77 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 29

51 by Atlas77 »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.