Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 8 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 29, 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
Oh Eve...if only she knew where the plot was heading and she is at the center of it. Nonetheless, Touka had a plan to stop the assassination plot.

Episode felt tense for sure as Touka knew the risk and stakes of his mission. Tbh, feels like any character of importance in this anime can easily become a target...
Aug 29, 11:26 AM

May 2018
lmao now touka thinks hes light yagami killing whoever he wants
sup dumbo
Aug 29, 11:35 AM

Feb 2019
Fairs the author went back to the rapey antagonist trope this week. Zuan was already a piece of shit for rigging the bloodsport competition, but hearing how he talked about Lis who is a fucking child like she was some plaything for him made my blood boil. Tooka tried warning Eve how shitty Zuan was, but I guess some people just gotta hear for themselves.

The innkeeper beating and abusing Lis also got me so angry. Like what’s even the point of that, just to feel like a bigger person? Like you’re over someone and have control? Showing off in front of a dude in the restaurant.. Gross.

The villains in this story are so cartoonishly evil you just want to see them suffer in the worst possible way. I don’t blame Tooka for offing her, especially considering she reminds him of his own abusive upbringing. “If you let me go you can go to heaven” has to be one of the funniest lines I’ve ever heard tho, as if you’re going anywhere but hell lady lmao

Looks like one way or another, Eve will be fighting against Muaji next week. Just not the way he anticipated coming into this arc lol. Hopefully seven arcs put together a somewhat presentable fight
Marinate1016Aug 29, 12:14 PM
Aug 29, 11:35 AM
Jan 2022
I still believe this show has potential to be quite good but who knows
Aug 29, 11:59 AM

Mar 2013
Sad to see the tearjerking scene of Eve Speed and the little kid to be no more than a scene for this series.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 29, 12:33 PM

Apr 2021
Another good episode.

His skills in convincing people are on point.

Gained a good ally and fighter, adding a relative of the witch.

I am glad he took care of that awful bar lady.

Set for a battle with weird cult next week, can't wait.
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Aug 29, 1:30 PM

Sep 2015
This show is so bad it's good territory. Everyone is somehow mustache twirling villain with zero depth as to why they are this way. And I guess one episode of no r*pe is the best this anime can do because now we don't have just a r*pey villain but a PDF File villain. It's like being dishonorable and killing the bloodsport champion for gaining freedom isn't bad enough. The author always have to throw in r*pe in there and now r*pe against a child. Amazing.
TBH I don't even feel rage on any of the villains here. They are too much of a cardboard cut out to even feel anger against. It's more comedic when you see yet the next villain talk about how they going to fondle the elf oppais or something.
Aug 29, 2:14 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to zcv45
This show is so bad it's good territory. Everyone is somehow mustache twirling villain with zero depth as to why they are this way. And I guess one episode of no r*pe is the best this anime can do because now we don't have just a r*pey villain but a PDF File villain. It's like being dishonorable and killing the bloodsport champion for gaining freedom isn't bad enough. The author always have to throw in r*pe in there and now r*pe against a child. Amazing.
TBH I don't even feel rage on any of the villains here. They are too much of a cardboard cut out to even feel anger against. It's more comedic when you see yet the next villain talk about how they going to fondle the elf oppais or something.
@zcv45
At this point you should ask yourself if the world is not what makes all of this people like this.
With a goddess that basically rules everything and allows all shitty stuff you want, except being against her (see what happened to the Dark Hero), no wonder humanity finished like that.
Aug 29, 2:26 PM

May 2019
Good thing that Touka took care of that innkeeper (or bar maid) as I'm sure she would've ratted them out to the duke but regardless it looks like the other guy, Muaji, found out that they escaped.

With Touka's OP abilities I don't anticipate him having much trouble over these 2 sets of groups tailing them plus he has a plan set up to lure them to a specific area anyways.
Aug 29, 2:47 PM
Aug 2024
Not sure how this show completely strayed off from where it started in eps 1 and 2, but it's still watchable. I am annoyed with Touka's Light Yagami syndrome, but we'll manage somehow. Looking forward to the witch, ngl. Eve Speed definitely one of the fav characters so far.
Aug 29, 2:56 PM

Jan 2016
Woodchipper fodder. The leader of curse group apparently is intelligent, while his lackeys are just... zealots.

So based on others theories saying the bitch is actually a golden-eyed monster, I got some reasoning on her actions. She collects fodder from another world. She then allows this fodder to fill up as much as possible on experience, then eats them. This is why she is willing to fold a little bit for S-Ranks while not giving a damn about D & C Ranks dying. Also real reason banished E-Ranks as they have no chance (typically) of giving her a meal and will only make the higher ranks have less XP for her good meal.
That's my guess, but obviously time will tell.
Touka started using his mask, won't Seras also get a mask? I wonder if Lis has any special abilities at this time.
4/5, was nice to see him use his new spells (dark/beserk)

Aug 29, 2:57 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to yahallos
lmao now touka thinks hes light yagami killing whoever he wants
@yahallos not yet, unlike Light who turned evil really quick to protect himself, Touka still has only killed evil people.

Aug 29, 2:59 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to Marinate1016
Fairs the author went back to the rapey antagonist trope this week. Zuan was already a piece of shit for rigging the bloodsport competition, but hearing how he talked about Lis who is a fucking child like she was some plaything for him made my blood boil. Tooka tried warning Eve how shitty Zuan was, but I guess some people just gotta hear for themselves.

The innkeeper beating and abusing Lis also got me so angry. Like what’s even the point of that, just to feel like a bigger person? Like you’re over someone and have control? Showing off in front of a dude in the restaurant.. Gross.

The villains in this story are so cartoonishly evil you just want to see them suffer in the worst possible way. I don’t blame Tooka for offing her, especially considering she reminds him of his own abusive upbringing. “If you let me go you can go to heaven” has to be one of the funniest lines I’ve ever heard tho, as if you’re going anywhere but hell lady lmao

Looks like one way or another, Eve will be fighting against Muaji next week. Just not the way he anticipated coming into this arc lol. Hopefully seven arcs put together a somewhat presentable fight
Marinate1016 said:
“If you let me go you can go to heaven” has to be one of the funniest lines I’ve ever heard tho,

Not sure what you're talking about. That lady was clearly Jesus Christ and had that type of power. Touka just killed Jesus Christ who may have let him go to heaven. Why would she make such a statement unless she had that kind of power?!

Aug 29, 4:07 PM

Mar 2021
I am always a fan of the MC who isn't afraid to kill or end the lives of the evil people and I am noticed a large lack of the CGI animation recently so Im pleased with how this is turning out. I expect that the story won't be wrapped up by the end of the season so I hope more people come around on this show. Sure the first few episodes are rough but It's getting good!

Aug 29, 4:41 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
wow... NO CGI this episode...
Aug 29, 5:29 PM

Dec 2018
The villains are so one-note and predictable...this show COULD be good if it didn't fall flat on it's own face every episode. I mean, it's fine, but it's just so cookie cutter basic. Glad to see Eve join the team at least.
Aug 29, 5:48 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to StateofOhayo
The villains are so one-note and predictable...this show COULD be good if it didn't fall flat on it's own face every episode. I mean, it's fine, but it's just so cookie cutter basic. Glad to see Eve join the team at least.
@StateofOhayo
Villains of the week can work if you have a good main antagonist.
And Vicius is a good main antagonist.
Aug 29, 7:11 PM

May 2015
Glad Eve made up her mind quickly, but with all of the info being exposed like that. I would of been shocked by any other choice she would of made! Touka might be a schemer, but I wouldn't call him a villain like he'd dub himself.
Aug 29, 7:29 PM
Jul 2024
Don't forget, these guys like the Baron are just minor villains. The Goddess Vicious who made this World the way it is, is the REAL villlain.
Aug 29, 8:51 PM

Jul 2017
Touka and Seras trying to convince Eve to give up on the bloodsport and flee with Lisbeth to the Land of Monsters where the Witch of Taboo lives, the former has to force his power to show that he's the real thing defeating the Five Dragoons, as well as Seras revealing her true self. Even then, Eve still wants to participate in Duke Zuan's tournament match as his slave, which it's her choice to make or break together with the two who're leaving Monroy soon, and she makes the fateful decision to overhear on Zuan's conversation, confirming Touka's know-how from Seras to make the escape and kidnap Lis out of the capital.

The villains, even the bar lady controlling Lis, are so comical that Touka insurrects justice on his own terms, but no matter the dangerous journey, they're heading to danger territory where the Witch can only help to translate a book of ancient text for him, plus with the saving of Lis being their dark elf companion, all is set to play cards right and develop a mutuality with her.

Other than Duke Zuan's army, they have to deal with Muaji and the Ashint cult group of sorcerers, which this will not be easy.
A one-way fight or something else?
Aug 29, 9:44 PM

Jul 2022
Well, it's good that they're leaving behind the terrible CGI that they overused, even in scenes where people were just getting out of bed. I thought Touka would save Eve right in the coliseum, but I liked it more that he convinced her to escape. It was also somewhat amusing that Eve had insomnia, went to see the duke, and just happened to overhear that they were planning to kill her. I like how Touka puts the wicked abusers in their place and makes them suffer and feel terror when they are cornered, just like the elf girl who used to be beaten by her parents a lot when she was a child.
Aug 29, 9:53 PM

Sep 2015
Reply to groudonvert
@zcv45
At this point you should ask yourself if the world is not what makes all of this people like this.
With a goddess that basically rules everything and allows all shitty stuff you want, except being against her (see what happened to the Dark Hero), no wonder humanity finished like that.
@groudonvert I seen that idea brought up a few times. And yea I agree. If your main source of moral alignment is some corrupt goddess, this makes some sense. It's just that this society is too functional for how nations are ran. If everyone gets away with the stuff that is shown as if it was normal, you'd expect a societal collapse. Warning, word salad ahead.

While i'm not someone who believes in absolute morality, there is a reason why there is a convergent evolution of morality throughout history. Partly it is due to trade and communication, but then why not the other way around? Why is human sacrifices deem bad instead of the cultural influence going the other way and be considered acceptable? Why did slavery tend towards abolition and not its continuation?

The answer is that us humans are social creatures just like wolves and bonobos. We survive based around cooperation. Instead in the story, there is a significant power imbalance where the strong dominates the weak. We can be cynical and say that's how the real world is, and how a lot of history is. But we also need to acknowledge there is in fact a limit to how far this can go. Revolutions, rebellions, and eye for and eye/vigilantes. There's a reason why countries with high corruption, high income inequalities etc. are all less successful and often outright failed states. If the religious, governmental, and social institutions are all corrupt, you won't have a functional society.

Yet somehow females live in this world just fine despite at the risk of being r*ped at any moment. Or how are the children and elderly still around if the weak are just to be thrown away by society (like the MC was). Same with weaker adventurers. What stop people from just stealing the labor of artisans if might means right and there are no enforcement of contracts? If the bloodsports contract is unenforced, then how can you trust any contract gets enforced if its not to the liking of the nobility? Why would peasants and artisans fulfill their end of the bargain? The nobility can't run everything on their own.

Even if we assume they are racist to demi-humans, and misogynist. We can look to history which had both of these things. It's one thing to make females a second class citizen but it's another when your mother, sister, or daughter gets r*ped just because they can. As a society, we collectively agree to NOT do certain things in exchange so OTHERS won't do it back to us. When crime becomes the norm, that social contract is broken and you get anarchy, not society. It's just not believable.
zcv45Aug 29, 10:08 PM
Aug 29, 10:49 PM
Jan 2009
I think it's official now, they clearly sacked whoever was responsible for the ridiculous CGI in prior episodes.
Aug 29, 11:34 PM
Jun 2024
Show kinda startin to feel like the MC going down the Solo Leveling route. If you got an MC I putting myself on why he a sociopath? Might be fun to watch him do all and screw with people n kill em all but he kinda feeling soulless. Then popping out and the whole gang thinking he’s the shit after he just tortured that old lady (even though she kinda bad) put me off a lot.
Aug 29, 11:44 PM
Sep 2023
guys don't roats me but failure frame is my favorite anime of the month
Aug 30, 1:44 AM
Sep 2023
I can't wait for ep 9 when eve will lick touka legs coz he will poison asses
Aug 30, 1:56 AM

Jun 2024
I'm glad that Eve now trusts Touka.
I am a little worried about the Ashint cult, there is a possibility their leader is cunning and strong.
I have ADD, ADHD & AUTISM, but this won't stop me. Let's keep having fun together.
VTUBER LIVE STREAMS YouTube/Twitch/Kick/Rumble/Twitter = https://linktr.ee/dolfunthedolphinvtuber
ANIME REVIEWS - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3agtBvVDdHFzXbqPV47c-A
Aug 30, 2:34 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to zcv45
@groudonvert I seen that idea brought up a few times. And yea I agree. If your main source of moral alignment is some corrupt goddess, this makes some sense. It's just that this society is too functional for how nations are ran. If everyone gets away with the stuff that is shown as if it was normal, you'd expect a societal collapse. Warning, word salad ahead.

While i'm not someone who believes in absolute morality, there is a reason why there is a convergent evolution of morality throughout history. Partly it is due to trade and communication, but then why not the other way around? Why is human sacrifices deem bad instead of the cultural influence going the other way and be considered acceptable? Why did slavery tend towards abolition and not its continuation?

The answer is that us humans are social creatures just like wolves and bonobos. We survive based around cooperation. Instead in the story, there is a significant power imbalance where the strong dominates the weak. We can be cynical and say that's how the real world is, and how a lot of history is. But we also need to acknowledge there is in fact a limit to how far this can go. Revolutions, rebellions, and eye for and eye/vigilantes. There's a reason why countries with high corruption, high income inequalities etc. are all less successful and often outright failed states. If the religious, governmental, and social institutions are all corrupt, you won't have a functional society.

Yet somehow females live in this world just fine despite at the risk of being r*ped at any moment. Or how are the children and elderly still around if the weak are just to be thrown away by society (like the MC was). Same with weaker adventurers. What stop people from just stealing the labor of artisans if might means right and there are no enforcement of contracts? If the bloodsports contract is unenforced, then how can you trust any contract gets enforced if its not to the liking of the nobility? Why would peasants and artisans fulfill their end of the bargain? The nobility can't run everything on their own.

Even if we assume they are racist to demi-humans, and misogynist. We can look to history which had both of these things. It's one thing to make females a second class citizen but it's another when your mother, sister, or daughter gets r*ped just because they can. As a society, we collectively agree to NOT do certain things in exchange so OTHERS won't do it back to us. When crime becomes the norm, that social contract is broken and you get anarchy, not society. It's just not believable.
@zcv45
They mostly are people of power that try to take advantage of other people.
They can't really rebel against the people who have the power because they would be crushed.

There a few people that disagree with how this world works0 (including people of influence, Mira's emperor has really harsh words against Allion and Vicius in episode 7 for example). But there's a problem they can't overcome : only Allion is able to summon Heroes to fight the Demon King. If they try to change their society, they're screwed.
Aug 30, 3:44 AM
Oct 2021
Reply to Ryu_SVA
guys don't roats me but failure frame is my favorite anime of the month
@Ryu_SVA FUK YOU STUPID HEAD. I BET YOUR MOTHERS STUPID ALSO.
Aug 30, 3:58 AM
Oct 2021
Reply to zcv45

@zcv45 soldiers rape and kill where civilians can't see it. Corrupt wealthy people are the same. What we've seen of "ordinary" people seem to be normal, they're just not fruitlessly risking their own hide to go against powerful people.

And despite everything you've said about bonobos or whatever, this is a fantasy where an individual can be stronger than like 100 normal people -so a revolution is not a guarantee at all. Could you see a town being able to stop Touka?

Anyway, I'm ready for the story to kill off Touka & Seras now that we have our leopard. The elf kid can die too, actually.
Aug 30, 6:33 AM
Aug 2020
they talk a lot but they don't say anything
the episode can be easily summarized in a few words
disgusting script
Aug 30, 6:37 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to GersonSalas
I still believe this show has potential to be quite good but who knows
@GersonSalas me as well, i expect this show is going to be as good as Shield Hero S1
Aug 30, 6:39 AM

Jun 2016
this show really interesting for me ..

actually a good show..
Aug 30, 6:45 AM
Dec 2020
this show is so shamelessly awful I can't help but keep watching. It's somehow accomplishing what beserk of gluttony failed at. It's so funny how hilariously evil every single person is, though I am a little concerned about the author's mental state
Aug 30, 7:48 AM
Sep 2021
Mimori has freed eve & liz and are heading to meet the witch, but the path is already being obstructed.
Aug 30, 1:39 PM
Aug 2018
It's kinda "funny" that a simple gladiator is sleeping in the same building as the bad guy. And not only she can hide herself without being seeing by a single guard, but, the bad guy is talking at the exact time (at probably 2am) of his plan to kill her and his plan for the dark elf girl. Also, never heard of a door ?
Not only that but she has even weapon in her bedroom so what would prevent a gladiator to kill the bad guy ?
Anyway,
It's kinda funny that they arrive at the exact time that the old lady was bullying the elf girl, not only that, but how much times did they stay behind the door ? Considering the guy who was on the bar left, closed the door, then, they opened it five second later, I don't really understand where the party was to hear everything, but ok.
Anyway,
If you turn off your brain, it almost make sense.
I'm interested to see how they are going to deal with the whole army.
Aug 30, 3:31 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Rukodaime91
It's kinda "funny" that a simple gladiator is sleeping in the same building as the bad guy. And not only she can hide herself without being seeing by a single guard, but, the bad guy is talking at the exact time (at probably 2am) of his plan to kill her and his plan for the dark elf girl. Also, never heard of a door ?
Not only that but she has even weapon in her bedroom so what would prevent a gladiator to kill the bad guy ?
Anyway,
It's kinda funny that they arrive at the exact time that the old lady was bullying the elf girl, not only that, but how much times did they stay behind the door ? Considering the guy who was on the bar left, closed the door, then, they opened it five second later, I don't really understand where the party was to hear everything, but ok.
Anyway,
If you turn off your brain, it almost make sense.
I'm interested to see how they are going to deal with the whole army.
@Rukodaime91
Eve has strong earings, closed doors are not a problem for her (and obviously the door was closed lol).

Eve has a strong sense of justice and believe in the good heart of humanity.
Sadly, there are bad people that use her trust against person like her. It's not something rare either, our world has many people like this.
Aug 30, 11:53 PM
Sep 2023
Nasa290704 said:
@Ryu_SVA FUK YOU STUPID HEAD. I BET YOUR MOTHERS STUPID ALSO.

why the fuck are u so aggro man i was just expressing my liking to others besides I don't watch hentai or something that I discussed and u said oh ur dumb fuck
Yesterday, 2:39 AM

Jul 2023
okay, so they skipped fighting in the colosseum. Looks like next episode will be better, similar to ep 6
Yesterday, 5:09 AM
Oct 2022
I don’t know why Eve Speed lied about not knowing where Witch of Taboos lives. Maybe because she didn’t have enough trust in Seras and Mimori. They will surely decipher the stroll written in ancient language.

Sir Muaji is a tough enemy, they’ll need perfect battle strategies and skills to defeat him. They are in luck having Eve by their side, she is the most powerful warrior.
Yesterday, 7:26 AM
May 2013
I don't like this, but I'm Vietnamese or Nguyen-san, you guys better watch out or I will steal all your asset.
Yesterday, 10:15 AM
Jun 2024
groudonvert said:
@zcv45

Good point maybe the MC is going to take the good folks (all 5 or so) and burn the whole world down
Yesterday, 11:03 AM

Sep 2015
Reply to Nasa290704
@zcv45 soldiers rape and kill where civilians can't see it. Corrupt wealthy people are the same. What we've seen of "ordinary" people seem to be normal, they're just not fruitlessly risking their own hide to go against powerful people.

And despite everything you've said about bonobos or whatever, this is a fantasy where an individual can be stronger than like 100 normal people -so a revolution is not a guarantee at all. Could you see a town being able to stop Touka?

Anyway, I'm ready for the story to kill off Touka & Seras now that we have our leopard. The elf kid can die too, actually.
@Nasa290704
The issue isn't that it's "fruitless to rebel" because some guy is 100x stronger. Your society literally cannot function if people cannot trust you to keep your end of the bargain/contract. It is simple as that.
If I farm and cook food for you but you kill me. vs I farm and cook for myself only and you kill me. What is the difference? There is none. And my post was admittedly long winded precisely to address that point.
If family and friends are just harassed on a daily basis, then there is no reason to obey the government. There isn't a option between life or death. It's die now or die after being their play thing. For people to listen, you need to offer them something in return. And there has been not a single scenario where this has been the case. Even the darn tavern lady is a scum. Not just people with power.

Besides that, what is the world's strongest guy going to do if no one is around to raise cattle, farm, and chop trees? Even the most despotic government tries to maintain law and order. That's part of a unspoken agreement between the governor and the governed. It's not like the real life dictators don't have a potent military that can quite literally genocide their population if they so desired. They can on paper but won't. The soldiers are ALSO his citizens and have family in that society. Even if that soldier is deranged and would love to massacre and pillage people, he don't want that to happen to HIS family. As such it is in HIS interest to NOT support such activities. Meaning NOT obeying whatever the dictator or in this case, the nobility says.
Yesterday, 11:07 AM
Oct 2021
Reply to zcv45
@Nasa290704
The issue isn't that it's "fruitless to rebel" because some guy is 100x stronger. Your society literally cannot function if people cannot trust you to keep your end of the bargain/contract. It is simple as that.
If I farm and cook food for you but you kill me. vs I farm and cook for myself only and you kill me. What is the difference? There is none. And my post was admittedly long winded precisely to address that point.
If family and friends are just harassed on a daily basis, then there is no reason to obey the government. There isn't a option between life or death. It's die now or die after being their play thing. For people to listen, you need to offer them something in return. And there has been not a single scenario where this has been the case. Even the darn tavern lady is a scum. Not just people with power.

Besides that, what is the world's strongest guy going to do if no one is around to raise cattle, farm, and chop trees? Even the most despotic government tries to maintain law and order. That's part of a unspoken agreement between the governor and the governed. It's not like the real life dictators don't have a potent military that can quite literally genocide their population if they so desired. They can on paper but won't. The soldiers are ALSO his citizens and have family in that society. Even if that soldier is deranged and would love to massacre and pillage people, he don't want that to happen to HIS family. As such it is in HIS interest to NOT support such activities. Meaning NOT obeying whatever the dictator or in this case, the nobility says.
@zcv45 the harassment isn't that extreme. They're not harassing every individual all the time. So it just doesn't apply.
Yesterday, 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
Ah, yes. The classic.
A supposed slave is allowed to roam however she pleases undisturbed, and even manages to conveniently overhear her master shittalking her in the nastiest way possible because that's exactly what she needed to hear in order to push the story forward and establish this guy as the cartoonishly evil and unlikable like every other villain in this show. A+ writing right there. And that conversation with that old lady MC-kun had before offing her was the edgiest shit I've seen since Redo of Healer. This show works out as ironical comedy similar to Ex-Arm, but this is getting stale. In Ex-Arm's case each episode was bad in new, innovative way. Failure Frame just seems like was written by 12 yo going through an edgy phase and it shows.

Yesterday, 11:49 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to zcv45
@Nasa290704

@zcv45
If the general citizens live their life normally or even have better quality of life thanks to a corrupt leader, they don't care if the noble is corrupt, has bad tendancies, kill his opponents or whatever. Rebelling against the power in place could also mean lose their quality of life.
Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Jun 2021
Reply to Piromysl
Ah, yes. The classic.
A supposed slave is allowed to roam however she pleases undisturbed, and even manages to conveniently overhear her master shittalking her in the nastiest way possible because that's exactly what she needed to hear in order to push the story forward and establish this guy as the cartoonishly evil and unlikable like every other villain in this show. A+ writing right there. And that conversation with that old lady MC-kun had before offing her was the edgiest shit I've seen since Redo of Healer. This show works out as ironical comedy similar to Ex-Arm, but this is getting stale. In Ex-Arm's case each episode was bad in new, innovative way. Failure Frame just seems like was written by 12 yo going through an edgy phase and it shows.
@Piromysl
After many years of services and the Dark Elf as hostage, her master knows she won't rebel or flee. She can have some freedom.

Also... do you need top notched one episode villains every week ? We already met 2 villains that are far better written than any villains of the week : Gartland and (especially) Vicius. But they don't exist, only rapists have to be remembered.
Yesterday, 12:01 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to groudonvert
@Piromysl
After many years of services and the Dark Elf as hostage, her master knows she won't rebel or flee. She can have some freedom.

Also... do you need top notched one episode villains every week ? We already met 2 villains that are far better written than any villains of the week : Gartland and (especially) Vicius. But they don't exist, only rapists have to be remembered.
@groudonvert Dunno why you are keep trying to defend this indefensible shit as if your explanation would make it look better or even make sense, because one of the many reason why a master should keep their strong combatant slave like her confined is literally what happened in that episode.
And if you really think that obnoxious and evil bitch being evil and unlikable for sake of being evil and unlikable or that whitehaired boi, who's only trait is that he is NOT (from what we know) a rapist are decent villains, then you do yours. Most people, including me, don't have standards that low. Author clearly does not know how to write a villain (or any other character, actually), so he hamfists those unlikable traits to cheaply convey that they are evil and it's borderline insulting.

And before you'll throw good, old "just drop it", you should also know that I watch it literally only because my favorite VA is in it, who is already niche and underrated as it is.
PiromyslYesterday, 12:07 PM

Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to Piromysl
@groudonvert Dunno why you are keep trying to defend this indefensible shit as if your explanation would make it look better or even make sense, because one of the many reason why a master should keep their strong combatant slave like her confined is literally what happened in that episode.
And if you really think that obnoxious and evil bitch being evil and unlikable for sake of being evil and unlikable or that whitehaired boi, who's only trait is that he is NOT (from what we know) a rapist are decent villains, then you do yours. Most people, including me, don't have standards that low. Author clearly does not know how to write a villain (or any other character, actually), so he hamfists those unlikable traits to cheaply convey that they are evil and it's borderline insulting.

And before you'll throw good, old "just drop it", you should also know that I watch it literally only because my favorite VA is in it, who is already niche and underrated as it is.
@Piromysl
After 3 years or so of slave-master collaboration (if you can call this like that), the Duke knows pretty well Eve.
With so much money she contributes to make him win, it's not hard to imagine, he could give her some leeway. It's not like she would flee with a very young girl in her toes.

Oh no, Vicius is not evil just for the sake of being evil. She's the center of why this world is so trash and the reason so many people with powers are trash. But Vicius' main interesting aspect is : why, as a goddess, does she need to summon Heroes from another world to fight the Demon King ? She's a Goddess, shouldn't she be able to kill him on her own ? Because she needs the Heroes to take his essents ? Doesn't look like it, since she told them only his heart is necessary. This single aspect explains a lot of her behavior and actions.
There are many aspects of her that I could add, but it would be spoiler territory.

Concerning Gartland, he's a man bored by being the strongest, wishing to find someone able to kill him so he can have a good fight. He's also honorable and promise Seras to let her go if she's able to beat him (while she's supposed to be a wanted target).

And no, I won't say drop it. I will say buy the Light Novel to continue the story where it will end in this season (should be end of volume 4). Volume 5 is where the story, the worldbuilding and the characters writing really start to shine. And I should add, I was like you and completely underestimated how good the author is in writing characters (especially minor characters).
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Jul 2015
Reply to groudonvert
@Piromysl
After 3 years or so of slave-master collaboration (if you can call this like that), the Duke knows pretty well Eve.
With so much money she contributes to make him win, it's not hard to imagine, he could give her some leeway. It's not like she would flee with a very young girl in her toes.

Oh no, Vicius is not evil just for the sake of being evil. She's the center of why this world is so trash and the reason so many people with powers are trash. But Vicius' main interesting aspect is : why, as a goddess, does she need to summon Heroes from another world to fight the Demon King ? She's a Goddess, shouldn't she be able to kill him on her own ? Because she needs the Heroes to take his essents ? Doesn't look like it, since she told them only his heart is necessary. This single aspect explains a lot of her behavior and actions.
There are many aspects of her that I could add, but it would be spoiler territory.

Concerning Gartland, he's a man bored by being the strongest, wishing to find someone able to kill him so he can have a good fight. He's also honorable and promise Seras to let her go if she's able to beat him (while she's supposed to be a wanted target).

And no, I won't say drop it. I will say buy the Light Novel to continue the story where it will end in this season (should be end of volume 4). Volume 5 is where the story, the worldbuilding and the characters writing really start to shine. And I should add, I was like you and completely underestimated how good the author is in writing characters (especially minor characters).
@groudonvert Dunno why you keep trying to somehow explain those characters as if they weren't one dimensional and there is some depth behind them. You just described the most generic villains possible and you are trying to present it as something novel, which is funny.
It is pretty obvious that we have already seen everything this show has to offer and it's shit.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22

62 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 8

116 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1

78 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 25

81 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Hazurewaku no "Joutai Ijou Skill" de Saikyou ni Natta Ore ga Subete wo Juurin suru made Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 18

93 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Yesterday, 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.