Forum Settings
Forums
New
Yesterday, 8:18 AM

Jul 2021
Some of you probably know about this German case where a man let himself be eaten voluntarily.
This is often brought up when arguing about morality of cannibalism.

Would you be able to eat man? If not, is there any other meat you can't imagine eating?

I personally can't imagine eating man flesh outside of an extreme situation (such as this) and even if it was a life or death situation I wouldn't eat another man's penis. That would be gay.
But outside of man, I would eat pretty much anything. Except cats, I really really don't want to eat a cat, they are too cute, no philosophy there.
Yesterday, 8:20 AM
Dec 2022
Pork. It's because my father's side of the family grew up under the generic Sufi Muslim culture.
Yesterday, 8:21 AM

Jan 2009
aside from cannibalism maybe wild animals like snake and bats and even pets like cats and dogs even though i grow up in a country where eating cats and dogs are common i never eaten then growing up since i find it disgusting

for bugs they are nutritious but i will eat them in powder form instead
Yesterday, 8:25 AM

Feb 2020
"Is there any meat you refuse to eat?"

Maybe octopus.
Yesterday, 8:27 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Serafos
"Is there any meat you refuse to eat?"

Maybe octopus.
@Serafos
Ok so you would eat a human but not an octopus?
Yesterday, 8:29 AM

Feb 2020
Reply to Commit_Crime
@Serafos
Ok so you would eat a human but not an octopus?
@Commit_Crime Haha. It doesn't sound too tempting either.
Yesterday, 8:41 AM

May 2024
Dogs, cats and insects. Other than that I'd actually try human meat if it was legal. I'm just curious if it actually tastes like pork or not.
Yesterday, 8:53 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to SimplyBrazen
Dogs, cats and insects. Other than that I'd actually try human meat if it was legal. I'm just curious if it actually tastes like pork or not.
@SimplyBrazen
bugs taste like shit but I heard dog is alright. My grandma always told me how her neighbor used to cook dog.
Yesterday, 8:56 AM

May 2024
Reply to Commit_Crime
@SimplyBrazen
bugs taste like shit but I heard dog is alright. My grandma always told me how her neighbor used to cook dog.
@Commit_Crime I refuse to eat dog for more personal reasons. Same with cats. Insects on the other hand look disgusting.

Commit_Crime said:
My grandma always told me how her neighbor used to cook dog.

This is a felony in many countries including mine.
Yesterday, 9:00 AM

Sep 2016
It would be really weird, but I would be curious how human meat tastes, so I wouldn't downright refuse cannibalism, especially not in a survival situation.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 9:06 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to SimplyBrazen
@Commit_Crime I refuse to eat dog for more personal reasons. Same with cats. Insects on the other hand look disgusting.

Commit_Crime said:
My grandma always told me how her neighbor used to cook dog.

@SimplyBrazen

Yep, it's officially over for Albania.
Yesterday, 9:07 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
It would be really weird, but I would be curious how human meat tastes, so I wouldn't downright refuse cannibalism, especially not in a survival situation.
@Zarutaku
Have you played the Coffin of Andy and Leyley?
Yesterday, 9:18 AM
Dec 2022
Oh, yes. I also don't like the idea of cannibalism as well. It's um.... haram per se.
Yesterday, 9:19 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Commit_Crime
@Zarutaku
Have you played the Coffin of Andy and Leyley?
@Commit_Crime Not yet, but the art and story seems fantastic.
Yesterday, 9:33 AM

Dec 2021
I don’t know if it counts as meat but I would not eat balut, I’d rather eat shit.
Yesterday, 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
For safety purposes alone, I will never consider eating the meat of humans, related apes, monkeys, dogs, cats, bats and rodents. Otherwise, I generally don't want to ever try meat from an endangered species, a pet, a pack animal (donkey, horse, etc.) and generally what is not a traditional farm animal, fish, clams or related sea fruits
Yesterday, 9:44 AM

Sep 2016
Forgot to mention that I would gladly eat the cord and afterbirth of my wifey if I had one, I think that would count as cannibalism.
Yesterday, 9:51 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Noboru
For safety purposes alone, I will never consider eating the meat of humans, related apes, monkeys, dogs, cats, bats and rodents. Otherwise, I generally don't want to ever try meat from an endangered species, a pet, a pack animal (donkey, horse, etc.) and generally what is not a traditional farm animal, fish, clams or related sea fruits
@Noboru
Makes sense to me. Also, bats are something I didn't talk about but I would probably not eat that either. I just don't understand why you wouldn't eat a pack animal? Any specific reason?
Yesterday, 9:54 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
Forgot to mention that I would gladly eat the cord and afterbirth of my wifey if I had one, I think that would count as cannibalism.
@Zarutaku
I thought babies are brought by storks, why do you say such weird things 😒
Yesterday, 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Commit_Crime
@Noboru
Makes sense to me. Also, bats are something I didn't talk about but I would probably not eat that either. I just don't understand why you wouldn't eat a pack animal? Any specific reason?
@Commit_Crime We all saw how the bat flue turned out. I wouldn't eat a pack animal for moral reasons: those are like precious helpers
Yesterday, 10:08 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to SaiteiDaOrette
I don’t know if it counts as meat but I would not eat balut, I’d rather eat shit.
@SaiteiDaOrette im a filipino but i never eaten balut too it seems disgusting even though people are saying it taste delicious
Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Jan 2022
There's all sort of meat in our foods. I can't tell which meat. It doesn't matter either.
Yesterday, 11:07 AM
危γͺγ„γŠε…„γ•γ‚“

Nov 2016
I would eat anything include urself lollll but on the other u cant eat me if i turn into cat cosplay like this one then lmaoo

Yesterday, 11:10 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to SimplyBrazen
@SimplyBrazen Most cannibals say human meat tastes like veal.
Yesterday, 11:12 AM
Dec 2022
ISeeLifePeople said:
I would eat anything include urself lollll but on the other u cant eat me if i turn into cat cosplay like this one then lmaoo

Yikes. This really sounds like a script from an AV from Japan that my sister watches.

Oct 2021
Then I would look for an apple, or wheat or grass. (If it were a life or death situation)

β–‘     βΆ Profile                     β–‘               β„ πš•πšžπšŒπš’πš£πš”πšžπš— ❄
  β–‘     β· Anime List          β–‘

May 2024
ZakuF_ said:

Really? Haven't seen that claim anywhere. Either way it tastes like sth I'd eat...
Yesterday, 11:16 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to SimplyBrazen
ZakuF_ said:

Really? Haven't seen that claim anywhere. Either way it tastes like sth I'd eat...
@SimplyBrazen If you're ever at an oligarch's mansion and they say they're having veal it's time to gtfo quick.
Yesterday, 11:25 AM

May 2024
ZakuF_ said:
@SimplyBrazen If you're ever at an oligarch's mansion and they say they're having veal it's time to gtfo quick.

Hannibal Lecter type shit. I love it.
5 hours ago

Feb 2022
I have my own made up ethical lines that are generally hypocritical and I don't care. I don't eat young animals like lamb or veal. I try to avoid eating eggs if I don't know where they are sourced/treated. Never tried foie gras and don't trust the "ethically sourced" kind. Et cetera

I can't say if I would eat humans even if it was a leg offered by a friend freely. I mean sometimes I can't eat chicken randomly if I bite of sinew or a ligament or something. I imagine the mental hangup would cause me to vomit even if I was willing.
5 hours ago

Mar 2016
DOG.

i ate dog before and i didn't like it. i eat alot of stuff from bats,snakes,spiders,worms,frogs,ants beetles etc, i'm asian and i'm willing to try anything but dog meat is a BIG NO for me for alot of reasons
4 hours ago

Dec 2021
Seafood. All of it, it's all revolting. I've tried absolutely everything, and not once has any of it been anything short of nasty. Shrimp, salmon, tuna, swordfish, clams, crab. It's all gross. I've given them all a fair few chances, and even the best one (Swordfish) just left me like "Oh, it smells and tastes like pork, except decomposing and nasty". Everything else genuinely makes me struggle not to vomit, even with my nose covered. All that's left to try is escargot, which is probably the most promising "fishy" think for me, due to its non-sea origin.

Also prepackaged "vegan meat". I have nothing against vegan foods (I actually think that a few of the vegan cooking channels like Sauce Stache are really cool, and his vegan meats look genuinely yummy), but all of the prepackaged "vegan meats" I've tried all taste the same, which is to say nothing like meat, and kinda just weird.

So my gripe is basically just with things I find gross due to already trying and hating, and not with something that I wouldn't try in the first place.
Daviljoe1934 hours ago
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. πŸ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
4 hours ago

Dec 2016
I will stick to tuna, salmon, beef and chicken. I don't eat pork unless I am starving or something (non-religious preference reasons).

Would have to be some NTHE level shit for me to even consider dog or cat. I am not ever even going to consider Soylent Green in that death is a preferable alternative to communism.
4 hours ago

Jun 2024
Wild bear meat, imagine all the parasites and diseases. Yum...
4 hours ago

Jan 2024
Chicken feet , pig balls , cow bootyh0le , liver , goose ankles , fish eyes , dry ah turkey , fish legs , frogs , slugs ,
4 hours ago

Aug 2014
Just the typical answer of humans, cats, dogs, reptiles, insects, etc.

Daviljoe193 said:
Seafood. All of it, it's all revolting. I've tried absolutely everything, and not once has any of it been anything short of nasty. Shrimp, salmon, tuna, swordfish, clams, crab. It's all gross. I've given them all a fair few chances, and even the best one (Swordfish) just left me like "Oh, it smells and tastes like pork, except decomposing and nasty". Everything else genuinely makes me struggle not to vomit, even with my nose covered.

It's interesting that so many millions of people (including myself) regard seafood as among the most delicious in the world...while so many others can't stand it. I'm guessing genetics plays a big part in this stark contrast in perception. Different tastebuds and whatnot.
3 hours ago

Dec 2021
Reply to SmugSatoko
Just the typical answer of humans, cats, dogs, reptiles, insects, etc.

Daviljoe193 said:
Seafood. All of it, it's all revolting. I've tried absolutely everything, and not once has any of it been anything short of nasty. Shrimp, salmon, tuna, swordfish, clams, crab. It's all gross. I've given them all a fair few chances, and even the best one (Swordfish) just left me like "Oh, it smells and tastes like pork, except decomposing and nasty". Everything else genuinely makes me struggle not to vomit, even with my nose covered.

It's interesting that so many millions of people (including myself) regard seafood as among the most delicious in the world...while so many others can't stand it. I'm guessing genetics plays a big part in this stark contrast in perception. Different tastebuds and whatnot.
@SmugSatoko I've asked around (Including family who knew about older members who are now deceased), and it seems like I'm the only one in my entire family tree to find all seafood revolting. I assume there was some super recessive gene that managed to stay hidden until I came around. Guess all that's left is to find out what side of the cilantro debate I land on.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. πŸ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
3 hours ago

Mar 2008
I dont know. In some ways I feel like id avoid some things but in another way im not sure everything id entirely avoid if my eating it doesnt directly contribute to the animal being killed.
2 hours ago

Apr 2021
There's a lot of examples. I wouldn't ever want to eat anything except what's traditionally eaten.
1 hour ago

Mar 2021
I would never eat human, dog, or cat meat. Everything else is fair game (pun slightly intended).
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

More topics from this board

» Legit can't use Twitter as everything is getting deleted

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» Why do users care so much about explaining all the details of how they rate stuff?

PxHC - 3 hours ago

7 by Zarutaku »»
7 minutes ago

» safely cleaning oppai mousepads?

evangelionfan - Nov 7, 2021

3 by punk2233 »»
25 minutes ago

» Looking for mousepads

DonTrumpolino - Oct 3, 2018

8 by punk2233 »»
27 minutes ago

» Are you a language snob?

Anjuro - Yesterday

33 by Anjuro »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.