Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 31, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
EDIT: CR has rescheduled its streaming from Ep 6 onwards to 1430 UTC on Wednesdays, so it's all aligned at the same time!

Going back to the earlier skipped manga chapters...

Koshitan being scared of Nokotan just scaring her out of the blue, though a love letter in her shoe locker, she's a bona-fide virgin to receive one, and Nokotan thinks she has one as well...though sadly, she doesn't have one. Nokotan, being one to survive the wilderness being a fugitive of some kind, and not popular enough to get a mail (please send fan mails, please!) being so encouraging to Koshitan...to only find out that it's a letter of challenge from a group of girl gangsters wanting to expose her delinquent past, and the deer antlers...are a force to be reckoned with being a grenade that blasts the school to oblivion, haha.

Koshitan trying to figure out Nokotan's weakness, though the banana from her antlers as a lunch box of sorts (which was out of whack lols), the former really IS trying hard. Nokotan being a deer-human hybrid staying at Hino Zoo and being a tour guide of sorts...to chop on deer crackers. The deers with the deer parade, Nokotan is the Deer God personified lols in the group of deers...with a whack ton of money in her head. At least both girls had a good time sipping on bubble tea and forgetting all that's ever happened...deerlicious.

Neko is back to expose the Deer Club, and Nokotan delightfully entertains by welcoming her to the club and giving her a taste what goes in there. With Neko willing to join on a trial basis and giving her a deer-ified name of Shika Shikadayama, Anko and Bashame with said deer giving a rather "realistic" deer regime...case in point, the example of deer crackers, Bashame does the job to a T, and Anko...is just the crazed Koshitan siscon fanatic. Next is antler training, and Nokotan wanting Neko to envision growing antlers, it's more of Nokotan growing hers instead to have the Gift of Deer. More than earning Nokotan's antlers, Neko...failed again lols, she's just as gullible as Koshitan.

The student council is slowly being brainwashed into becoming deer...
KANLen09Aug 6, 8:43 AM
Jul 31, 10:47 AM

Feb 2016
Ganbare, Neko-chan!

I don't mind the mixed manga chapters in the anime, but I sometimes wonder if all the content in the published manga volumes (is there six of them released?) is going to be enough for around twelve episodes.
Jul 31, 12:20 PM

Mar 2021
Another fantastic episode Really loved seeing Koshitan following Nokotan around and discovering what she gets upto outside of school.
Jul 31, 12:24 PM

Oct 2011
another good episode 👏 👌
Jul 31, 12:33 PM
Oct 2021
The subtitles were awful, but I still watched it though
Jul 31, 12:37 PM
May 2024
wait.... eps 5 out already?
I mean I can't see in cr
Jul 31, 12:58 PM

Aug 2021
Nyaaaaaan!!! 🐱
Jul 31, 2:01 PM

May 2019
Looks like there's another release group in town, but somehow the subs are more scuffed than the previous source. But again, it's the early release with most likely AI-generated subs, so the translations aren't going to be exceptionally accurate, but it's enough to get the basic gist.

Here are the eye catches for this week's episode:

Extra:
Pre-CM:
Post-CM:

I always like how there's a fourth wall break in pretty much every episode, and for this week, it's the narrator that's pushing it. A paranoid Koshitan in the opening sequence and Nokotan hoping that she has fan letters received by the airing TV station is rather funny. But anyhow, we got more scenes from the PVs in context, with Nokotan escaping a group of ruthless hunters; I feel like this is a reference to something, but I don't remember where. Of course, what Koshitan found in her locker wasn't just going to be a normal love letter–it had to be something that would force Koshitan to reveal her previous delinquent instincts, this case being a "果たし状 (Letter to a Duel)". Luckily, no one got hurt in this duel since it's just an anime–they actually said this–though of course it wouldn't be complete without showing off the unstoppable power that is Nokotan's antlers. Is there anything that those antlers can't do?

Another thing that's amusing with these episodes is that, apart from Koshitan obviously, everyone doesn't see anything off about Nokotan–she's just your average deer-schoolgirl hybrid that has a part-time gig at the local zoo. For the last two segments of this week's episode, despite efforts of Koshitan trying to unravel the enigma that is Nokotan and Nekoyamada (or Shikayamada, if you prefer) on digging up dirt on the Deer Club, the mysteries of this character continue to pile up like bundles of 鹿せんべい. In the end, both of them are enraptured in the moment that they just forget their original objective to investigate Nokotan. Oh well, guess that's saved for another day.

KANLen09 said:
The student council is slowly being brainwashed into becoming deer...

This must be Nokotan's end goal and I'm all for it
Jul 31, 2:26 PM

Feb 2016
@NekOniiChan Not really a group, I think. More just someone who seems to have thrown in Chinese subs directly into a non-AI machine translator, into English, and not even tried to correct the character's names.
Jul 31, 3:52 PM

May 2019
Teisatsu said:
@NekOniiChan Not really a group, I think. More just someone who seems to have thrown in Chinese subs directly into a non-AI machine translator, into English, and not even tried to correct the character's names.

You might be right, but then again, I’m not really familiar with the uploader. Point being though that it was pretty shoddily translated, with more errors than I could count. I have noticed that pronouns weren’t properly translated, but even though I know languages like Japanese rely on context instead of using pronouns, it did irk me multiple times throughout the episode.
Jul 31, 4:33 PM
Nov 2020
What it's released but not on crunchyroll where did you guys watched it?
Jul 31, 6:17 PM

Oct 2017
Welp, the first part of the episode is actually pretty funny.
Really didn't expect the horn to explode, which gives me a big chuckle out of it. This is the type of comedy i expect from this anime.

Sadly, same cannot be said about the other 2/3 of the episode.
I genuinely yawn while watching these one-note Deer puns type of joke.
These jokes have been overdone in the spam of 5 episodes and it's getting very boring at this point.
The problem of the show mainly lies with its jokes being too identical to each other , and the casts itself is not funny/ interesting enough.

Still not sure if i should drop this show considering there is still some tiny part of the show i find it funny.
Maybe I'd give it one more episode...
Ventus_SJul 31, 6:21 PM
Jul 31, 6:48 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
god damnit, i got excited for a minute there...
Jul 31, 6:53 PM

Jul 2017
finally an episode that made me laugh
Jul 31, 7:45 PM
Feb 2019
Very bland and the music got too annoyingly loud - doesn't even seem to have any good comedic timing with the way the music is being played, felt so disjointed - it feels like there's a huge disconnect right there. Repetitive and unsatisfying buildup of punchlines which do not even land well and poor attempt at 4th wall breaking. Humour sure is subjective, but this show is really badly directed - it tries too hard and it's falling pretty hard. The hype from the PR was pretty huge and it really failed to deliver lol. Would've given it a pass if the gag humour was actually funny, but it even fails doing that.
Jul 31, 8:58 PM

Jan 2018
Did you guys see an episode I didn't? These subs were terrible. This couldn't have been an official upload right?
Jul 31, 9:10 PM

Apr 2024
sh**
that antler throwing was almost like an atomic bomb ~_*
Jul 31, 9:25 PM

Mar 2023
Reply to Dogemy
Did you guys see an episode I didn't? These subs were terrible. This couldn't have been an official upload right?
@Dogemy ABEMA has an exclusivity deal where it comes there early. As a result every week there are no official subs until Sunday (when it comes on crunchyroll), you probably watched an AI translation.
Jul 31, 9:58 PM
Oct 2019
Bakana!
Banana.
The joke from the trailer is finally here.

Neko got brainwashed to become a Deer LMAO
The power of Gaslighting.
Aug 1, 12:20 AM

Jun 2023
Rest in peace the gym.
Aug 1, 2:47 AM

Mar 2021
Reply to deer_2
The subtitles were awful, but I still watched it though
@deer_2 yh Thought it was just me, on the one i saw it kept referring to i think Koshitan as tiger eyes.
Aug 1, 3:26 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Rohan_King
What it's released but not on crunchyroll where did you guys watched it?
Wednesdays on Abema (raw), and Sundays on CR and other western streaming services (subbed/dubbed).
Why do we have to answer this same question every week, in every episode thread, with the same answer?
Aug 1, 3:40 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Reecey91
@deer_2 yh Thought it was just me, on the one i saw it kept referring to i think Koshitan as tiger eyes.
As I said earlier: That's the unfortunate result of when someone throws in Chinese text in Google Translate and doesn't even correct one single line. The automatic translator (without AI) have no context at all about the show, and how to sort and explain many of the Chinese characters, especially in peoples names.
If you check the Chinese Wikipedia page for the series, you can see that they write the family name Koshi as 虎视, and that is interpreted as "Tiger Eyes" for anyone without any context. For example the information that it's supposed to be a person's name.
Aug 1, 3:43 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to watsym
@Dogemy ABEMA has an exclusivity deal where it comes there early. As a result every week there are no official subs until Sunday (when it comes on crunchyroll), you probably watched an AI translation.
More likely an automatic machine translation without AI, from Chinese subs.
Aug 1, 5:51 AM

Dec 2018
Great as always, especially the ridiculous explosion lmao. I'm sorry a lot of people don't like the show, I'm honestly happy to see more comedy anime, especially one that focuses on wild animals, as I am very partial to learning more or just celebrating local fauna. I'm sorry I hunted deer at a young age but certainly not with a dang Gatling gun lol. This is the show right now I look forward to the most that isn't one of the big names.
StateofOhayoAug 1, 5:56 AM
Aug 1, 6:21 AM
Apr 2021
Good Episode. I was not expecting a Nausicaä reference
Aug 1, 6:46 AM
Oct 2022
@Ventus_S That's the thing: Half of the "Deer puns" aren't actually deer puns in the series. The fucking subs are just adding them in. The whole "ex-door-cise" or whatever bit? Subs only. She literally just says "Deer training".

@watsym This isn't AI. AI don't make up entirely new jokes out of whole cloth. There were no deer puns when it came to the "exercise" bit, for example. This was some dickhead that deliberately butchered the subs. Unless we're both seeing totally different subs.

Aug 1, 7:13 AM

Aug 2022
Neko got completely brainwashed lol.
Aug 1, 8:25 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@Ventus_S That's the thing: Half of the "Deer puns" aren't actually deer puns in the series. The fucking subs are just adding them in. The whole "ex-door-cise" or whatever bit? Subs only. She literally just says "Deer training".

@watsym This isn't AI. AI don't make up entirely new jokes out of whole cloth. There were no deer puns when it came to the "exercise" bit, for example. This was some dickhead that deliberately butchered the subs. Unless we're both seeing totally different subs.

Man. This is the second time I've seen your message with insulting the subs, and you're not even getting to the heart of the matter. In the previous episode, you criticized some lines, but those same lines were also in the officially translated manga. Now you accuse subs of using memes, even though they were taken from the French subtitles. Which are also official.
Aug 1, 9:40 AM
Dec 2022
Does anyone know music that play on background in this episode during "Lord of the Deer" parade ?
Aug 1, 9:56 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to the_joe
Man. This is the second time I've seen your message with insulting the subs, and you're not even getting to the heart of the matter. In the previous episode, you criticized some lines, but those same lines were also in the officially translated manga. Now you accuse subs of using memes, even though they were taken from the French subtitles. Which are also official.
@the_joe Yes. It's common knowledge that the official subs are garbage for just about anything. The only saving grace is that they seem to be holding off on the political messaging this time around. But these subs in particular don't even translate half of the dialogue. I don't mean they do it badly, I mean half of what they're saying just doesn't show up. Not to mention the inclusion of deer puns that literally don't exist, among other terrible failings.

The show's like "Thank you for having me, but I'll be going now", and the subs are like "See ya". Or (Actual example from the episode) turning "Deer training" into "Ex-deer-cize".

So yes. I know these are official subs. That makes it worse. Imagine paying for subs and getting some guy's fanfic instead.
HyperlinkBlockedAug 1, 10:04 AM
Aug 1, 10:44 AM

Nov 2023
Very good cinematic fight in the first half. Jk

I mean Nokotan and Koshitan duo is insane.

They make great comedy together.

Neko san is very cute but, gambare! Neko san.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Aug 1, 10:49 AM

Apr 2019
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@the_joe Yes. It's common knowledge that the official subs are garbage for just about anything. The only saving grace is that they seem to be holding off on the political messaging this time around. But these subs in particular don't even translate half of the dialogue. I don't mean they do it badly, I mean half of what they're saying just doesn't show up. Not to mention the inclusion of deer puns that literally don't exist, among other terrible failings.

The show's like "Thank you for having me, but I'll be going now", and the subs are like "See ya". Or (Actual example from the episode) turning "Deer training" into "Ex-deer-cize".

So yes. I know these are official subs. That makes it worse. Imagine paying for subs and getting some guy's fanfic instead.
@HyperlinkBlocked lmao. You just overthinking at all.
Aug 1, 10:54 AM
Oct 2022
Reply to the_joe
@HyperlinkBlocked lmao. You just overthinking at all.
@the_joe "Why you so mad?"

"The subs are all made up"

"lol naw chill".

You're just as bad as they are. Please keep your thoughts to yourself.
Aug 1, 2:10 PM
Dec 2023
BEST ANIME SHIKA-SENBEI NOKOTAN KOSHITAN KOSHIAN BASHAME MEME SHIKAYAMADA SHIKA DEEEEEEEER
Aug 1, 4:58 PM
Jan 2023
I wanna live in a zoo one day just like Nokotan 🦌
Aug 2, 2:40 AM
Apr 2023
Torako: "Bakana!"
Narrator: "*banana* desu!"

Another pure acid trip episode 😂
Aug 2, 4:07 AM

Mar 2021
Now that the four main girls and even the school council girls as side characters have been introduced, the anime has become more episodic, like manga snippets. I love the adventures and even the red herrings, like how hyped up Koshitan's "love letter" was. When I first saw it, I thought it was a prank by Nokotan. But the more they played into the gag, the more I wondered if it was a legit love letter from a sweet innocent girl who Koshitan would gently reject. So that delinquent challenge was hilarious. Also, Nokotan scamming zoo tourists. XD
Aug 2, 6:44 AM

Jul 2023
It made me smile. I have to admit, I must have started to watch this to hate watch it as I do not have high expectations. It has good transitions between skits which is why it's better than two other comedies I watch.

1st skit, Koshita is strong enough to handle them just like Ayukawa Madoka, but Shikano's bomb antlet was hilarious.

3rd skit: Did anyone catch the significance of changing from Neko to Shika? Shikano changed her name from cat to deer.

She was planning to destroy the deer club but ended up enjoying her time there. lol
Aug 2, 2:23 PM
Jan 2022
Shika Shika Shika
Aug 2, 5:05 PM
Apr 2022
very silly and NYAAAAAA
Aug 2, 5:23 PM

Jun 2019
One of my favorite episodes for sure. Neko is cute and funny too.
Aug 2, 6:38 PM

Nov 2015
This is one of the dumbest, most worthless shows I've ever seen. Needless to say, I love it and pray for a second season.
Aug 2, 10:09 PM

May 2024
Finally my favorite chapter of the manga gets animated, and EP 5 is actually damn good, I giggled a lot in here and it's worth it.
Aug 3, 6:37 AM

Oct 2017
Reply to fiqrx
Finally my favorite chapter of the manga gets animated, and EP 5 is actually damn good, I giggled a lot in here and it's worth it.
@fiqrx Wait... don't tell me this is already the peak from the source?
If so... guess not much to be excited anymore because even the peak is kinda meh.
Aug 3, 6:41 AM
Jul 2019
Pure deer joy.
Shikamada Shika vs Nekomada Neko
Aug 3, 11:40 AM

Nov 2013
Deer cult with Nokotan as the holy spiritual leader. Join now to learn more about the prophecy!

Deer saying "deer" made me laugh more than I expected it would.
Aug 3, 9:03 PM
Jul 2023
great episode as always
Aug 4, 8:15 AM

Dec 2021
I find it funny that between the brainrot show and the DC show, WIT decides to snap on the brainrot one. That explosion might just have been better than anything Suicide Squad has offered up in their eight episodes so far lol.

In a way, both Koshi and Nekoyamada are the same. They both ended up getting brainrotted by the deer xD

Aug 4, 9:16 AM

Jan 2024
No way Nokotan repeated Arima Kanas "you are my fan" line.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » best brainrot anime of all time?

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

38 by Aphen23 »»
19 minutes ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28

54 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

52 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14

71 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 7

86 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.