Forum Settings
Forums
New
Which app do you use?
Jul 23, 4:29 AM

Feb 2012
I’ve been on Crunchyroll for years and now that Funimation got consumed I expected them to have it all but I was wrong, HiDive came out of the woodworks and became the next big app. Is it worth having two anime streaming services? Not sure I want to pay another 8$ a month
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 23, 4:31 AM

Feb 2020
"Which app do you use?"

I don't use neither. :C
Jul 23, 4:50 AM

Mar 2021
Lohvo said:
I’ve been on Crunchyroll for years and now that Funimation got consumed I expected them to have it all but I was wrong, HiDive came out of the woodworks and became the next big app. Is it worth having two anime streaming services? Not sure I want to pay another 8$ a month

Typically I subscribe to multiple platforms like Netflix, Crunchyroll, and even HiDive simply because I can afford to do so. But really any platform is only worth it if they offer things one actually has interest in consuming. If you are on a budget and want to watch stuff on HiDive that isn't available for you on others platforms, a way to be able to watch all the Anime one wants legally is to simply wait till a season is over and pay for only one month and consume the stuff you missed the previous season (You can even do this by waiting till after a full year passes and simply consume everything that finished airing the entire year). I do similar stuff with subscriptions completely unrelated to Anime where instead of paying each month I will only subscribe for one month each year.

Even back in the early 2000s typically if something wasn't airing in the West on any TV network one would have to wait till it got physically released on DVD. Sometimes it could take up to a 5 years to almost a full decade for some things to officially make it for the Western domestic market and still looking at investing the money to rent or buy the stuff just to consume a single Anime title. So I tend to be under the mind set of being extremely patient when it comes to this medium. Legal streaming is simply just an extra privilege to me to preview Seasonal Anime to give me a better idea on what I intend to buy once it drops on a domestic physical release (because I collect Anime on Physical copies as a hobby).
ColourWheelJul 23, 5:03 AM
Jul 23, 5:02 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to ColourWheel
Lohvo said:

Typically I subscribe to multiple platforms like Netflix, Crunchyroll, and even HiDive simply because I can afford to do so. But really any platform is only worth it if they offer things one actually has interest in consuming. If you are on a budget and want to watch stuff on HiDive that isn't available for you on others platforms, a way to be able to watch all the Anime one wants legally is to simply wait till a season is over and pay for only one month and consume the stuff you missed the previous season (You can even do this by waiting till after a full year passes and simply consume everything that finished airing the entire year). I do similar stuff with subscriptions completely unrelated to Anime where instead of paying each month I will only subscribe for one month each year.

Even back in the early 2000s typically if something wasn't airing in the West on any TV network one would have to wait till it got physically released on DVD. Sometimes it could take up to a 5 years to almost a full decade for some things to officially make it for the Western domestic market and still looking at investing the money to rent or buy the stuff just to consume a single Anime title. So I tend to be under the mind set of being extremely patient when it comes to this medium. Legal streaming is simply just an extra privilege to me to preview Seasonal Anime to give me a better idea on what I intend to buy once it drops on a domestic physical release (because I collect Anime on Physical copies as a hobby).
@ColourWheel That's what I plan to do with Hidive. Didn't have any anime to justify my subbing to it when Crunchyroll had way more stuff for me. But I'm at the stage where there is enough on Hidive right now I can get my money's worth. So I'll be using a month sub to wtahc them all very soon then I'll unsub again for a while.
Jul 23, 5:32 AM

Dec 2015
nope, just watch it for free on 'those sites'... shrug...

oh and HIDIVE is NOT the next big app. haha... yeah... looking at Sentai's weekly schedule for July 22-28 they're streaming... 6 new titles sub and 3 previous seasonal titles' new dub content. there is also no comparison between Funi-Roll's libraries of titles VS Sentai Filmworks' library. if there are specific shows you want to watch on HIDIVE that Sentai got exclusive rights to, that you can't find elsewhere except 'those sites'... sure, it'll be good for you. if you want subs n dubs in more languages than Sentai produces, which i think is STILL just English and Spanish... go with Funi-Roll who is presently sub/dub in 7 or so languages now.

it really all boils down to 'do you wanna pay for it'? and 'is it a good cost : benefit'?
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Jul 23, 5:59 AM

Sep 2016
There should be a "None" option in the poll.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 23, 6:52 AM
Awkward Fellow

Oct 2018
Currently subscribed to both, largely due to a promotion where an annual HiDive subscription averaged to $4/month (pretty sure it’s over now though).

Normally though CR is the only one I subscribe to continuously, other sites (HiDive, Netflix, Hulu) a couple months out of the year. Will also use legal ad based services like Tubi or RetroCrush sometimes for older series. And currently watching Blue Archive for free on their official youtube channel.
OhayotakuJul 23, 7:15 AM
Jul 23, 7:03 AM

Feb 2021
The good thing about Hidive is that it's way cheaper than any other service out there, the bad thing is that the service itself isn't that good.
But at least they tend to license some ecchi anime almost every season, and they usually stream them uncensored.
Jul 23, 7:31 AM

Oct 2022
I'd say, after my experiences NOPE. I voted for both since I've had both for some time- but STILL there were titles I couldn't find, and had to resort to piracy anyway. So if you're gonna have to resort to looking elsewhere, have just one of them. Crunchyroll has the far better catalog. I originally joined HiDive for Made in Abyss
Jul 23, 7:42 AM

Jun 2019
The main reasons I subscribe to HiDive is one because they've got a bunch of dubbed titles I plan on watching (just finished Made in Abyss S2), and secondly they have a Roku app and it makes it so much easier to watch anime on a smart tv through an app on CR or HiDive.

Ofc there are so many titles I can't stream legally (currently Sailor Moon R, Mahoraba: Heartfelt Days which was on CR until very recently and You're Under Arrest S2) so I still have to sail the seas, but for ease of convenience you can't beat a smart tv app, saves me having to hook up the laptop to the tv with an hdmi cable.
Jul 23, 8:00 AM

Jan 2009
crunchyroll is still better for now as they say
Jul 23, 9:01 AM
Oct 2019
If you want to pay to watch 5 or 6 interesting shows, most of which used to be available on other platforms like Crunchyroll and Netflix before Sentai Filmworks got greedy, then yes, it's worth it. Otherwise, no.
Jul 23, 9:44 AM

Jul 2010
If you have what to watch and have time for more than one platform, then it's worthy, at least on a short term. I used to sub on HiDive occasionally (when it was available in my region lol), Netflix or Disney+ beside a yearly sub on Crunchy.
Jul 23, 9:49 AM

Jul 2013
It probably is not. Especially with piracy sites still being online.
Jul 23, 9:54 AM
May 2011
i have crunchyroll, and I thought of getting hidive, but I have too much on my queue on crunchyroll, hulu and netflix. Maybe once im caught up on those platforms then Ill get hidive.
Jul 23, 10:04 AM

Jul 2014
I haven't found any anime streaming service that's worth it both in terms of what's licensed in my country and what I'm interested in, so if neither was an option I'd vote for that.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Jul 23, 10:14 AM

Jul 2021
I have subscribed to HiDive before, but for specific shows, and only for one or two months at a time.

I'm actually OK with the hassle of constantly subbing and canceling, so this works for me.

Planning to sub again soon for Jellyfish Can't Swim At Night, Insomniacs After School and Ya Boy Kongming.

They don't seem to have an app for PlayStation, though, which is disappointing but not a dealbreaker.
Yesterday, 3:18 PM

Feb 2024
I just became a "diver" a couple weeks ago. I like the selection they have, my only critique is my account doesn't seem to remember where I left off in the series between the apps on my Roku and other devices. And for some reason they censored Immoral Guild but not other comparable series like Gushing, Why The Hell Teacher or To Love Ru.

(images created in AI)
Yesterday, 5:16 PM
Jul 2024
Only problem with CR's content is that they sometimes drop stuff they have had for years. I regret not finishing Chobbits because now it's gone. OG Kenshin is also gone. Some other more recent shows also. I do not have HiDive, so I cannot comment on that service.
Yesterday, 6:25 PM

Jan 2020
Fuck HiDive for having the global rights for Sentai's titles while being only available in the anglosphere.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Today, 1:11 AM

Jan 2018
phone battery is not strong enough to spend on a watching app.
12 hours ago
Jun 2021
Reply to Serafos
"Which app do you use?"

I don't use neither. :C
@Serafos fpbp
relying on apps for your anime is literally giving away your freedom, also fuck regional licencing restrictions
Hot Blood saves lives.
12 hours ago

Jan 2008
Reply to TheMechaManiac
@Serafos fpbp
relying on apps for your anime is literally giving away your freedom, also fuck regional licencing restrictions
@TheMechaManiac

It gives me freedom to watch many anime without the high risk of having my PC ruined. I do use a free VPN to bypass a lot of the regional locks too.

When I was younger my access to Anime was on three channels and bootleg VHS. So I suppose I look at it from a different angle then those who think pirating is the only way to go.
11 hours ago

May 2015
Where my option for neither? I've used both in the past and refuse to support either of them now.

But for HiDive specifically, their ui is abysmal even after the "update". Many of their subs have glaring translation errors/localization fuckery. They rarely get more than 2 new shows per season. And to top it all off raised their prices this year. So if all that sounds good, sure take out a subscription.
9 hours ago
Jun 2021
Reply to UberBat
@TheMechaManiac

It gives me freedom to watch many anime without the high risk of having my PC ruined. I do use a free VPN to bypass a lot of the regional locks too.

When I was younger my access to Anime was on three channels and bootleg VHS. So I suppose I look at it from a different angle then those who think pirating is the only way to go.
@UberBat sure, you've got VPNs nowadays, but the prices are just not worth it imho. The offerings are getting increasingly split up just as it was back in the days of cable supremacy, except you have to pay much more for it.
Also nyaa is remarkably safe for a torrent site.
Hot Blood saves lives.
8 hours ago

Jan 2008
Reply to TheMechaManiac
@UberBat sure, you've got VPNs nowadays, but the prices are just not worth it imho. The offerings are getting increasingly split up just as it was back in the days of cable supremacy, except you have to pay much more for it.
Also nyaa is remarkably safe for a torrent site.
@TheMechaManiac I've also got the added convenience of watching on my tv then sitting at my PC. I like to relax on the sofa and eat dinner whilst watching anime. Especially as I work too. The prices currently for Crunchyroll are still ok for me for what is available that I haven't seen yet.
8 hours ago

May 2022
none. i pirate anime and buy the manga as any intelligent person would do. Also, no, this is not up for debate. I have already identified users whom i am almost sure are crunchyroll opps trying to infest this kind of thread like @MadanielFL and @CoulourWheel.
8 hours ago

Feb 2021
trinitroglycerin said:
none. i pirate anime and buy the manga as any intelligent person would do
Do you buy manga for every anime you ever pirated? What happens to those you never bought manga for? They get nothing?
And what if the anime doesn't even have a source material, what do you do?

Also buying the manga only supports the author and the publisher, not necessarily the people who made the anime.
7 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
trinitroglycerin said:
none. i pirate anime and buy the manga as any intelligent person would do
Do you buy manga for every anime you ever pirated? What happens to those you never bought manga for? They get nothing?
And what if the anime doesn't even have a source material, what do you do?

Also buying the manga only supports the author and the publisher, not necessarily the people who made the anime.
@MadanielFL I support licenses that i consider worthy to be supported the same way italian and french nobles used to be the patrons of artists they deemed worthy. Is there any point in supporting an artist whose work is uninteresting to you? ALso i do buy blueray of original shows that interest me. Also, it's not up to me to be the one fixing japan's fucked up labour laws and animators' situation. we've all got our issues in life.
Is this answer elaborate enough for you or are you still going to defend your agenda?
7 hours ago

Feb 2021
trinitroglycerin said:
I support licenses that i consider worthy to be supported the same way italian and french nobles used to be the patrons of artists they deemed worthy. Is there any point in supporting an artist whose work is uninteresting to you? ALso i do buy blueray of original shows that interest me. Also, it's not up to me to be the one fixing japan's fucked up labour laws and animators' situation. we've all got our issues in life.
Is this answer elaborate enough for you or are you still going to defend your agenda?
French nobles wouldn't be taking someone's art for free without paying the artists just because they didn't like the art...
Anime is a media not a necessity, you can live without it.
And I'm pretty sure you are not even buying manga or blu-rays for every anime you enjoyed...
7 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
trinitroglycerin said:
I support licenses that i consider worthy to be supported the same way italian and french nobles used to be the patrons of artists they deemed worthy. Is there any point in supporting an artist whose work is uninteresting to you? ALso i do buy blueray of original shows that interest me. Also, it's not up to me to be the one fixing japan's fucked up labour laws and animators' situation. we've all got our issues in life.
French nobles wouldn't be taking someone's art for free without paying the artists just because they didn't like the art...
Anime is a media not a necessity, you can live without it.
And I'm pretty sure you are not even buying manga or blu-rays for every anime you enjoyed...
@MadanielFL Did you even read my anwer? I'm french so i think i know about this part of history a bit more than you do. they only supported artists they deemed WORTHY. I buy manga of anime who are of good quality or who somehow managed to touch me. I buy blue rays for anime ORIGINALS WHICH I STILL WANT TO CONTINUE BEING PRODUCED.
7 hours ago

Feb 2021
trinitroglycerin said:
I buy manga of anime who are of good quality or who somehow managed to touch me. I buy blue rays for anime ORIGINALS WHICH I STILL WANT TO CONTINUE BEING PRODUCED.
You still are not supporting the anime by buying the manga, all the animators and hardworking people who made the anime get basically nothing from you buying manga....
6 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
trinitroglycerin said:
I buy manga of anime who are of good quality or who somehow managed to touch me. I buy blue rays for anime ORIGINALS WHICH I STILL WANT TO CONTINUE BEING PRODUCED.
You still are not supporting the anime by buying the manga, all the animators and hardworking people who made the anime get basically nothing from you buying manga....
@MadanielFL The short answer is that i don't really care. I'm not here to fix japan's fucked up laws concerning worklife.
6 hours ago

Feb 2021
trinitroglycerin said:
I'm not here to fix japan's fucked up laws concerning worklife.
Nothing to do with "fucked up laws", it's just common sense, unless you actually think animators deserve to get a share for manga sales...
6 hours ago
Jun 2021
Reply to MadanielFL
trinitroglycerin said:
Nothing to do with "fucked up laws", it's just common sense, unless you actually think animators deserve to get a share for manga sales...
@MadanielFL well well look who's here.
Pot calling the kettle black.
People actually don't have the cash to spend on all the subscriptions, and to further counter yes I support manga piracy too. Not the Japanese one just the English versions. They're brutally overpriced for what they offer in content, they actively support American neoliberal politics, they support anti-consumer tactics.
TheMechaManiac6 hours ago
Hot Blood saves lives.
6 hours ago

Feb 2021
TheMechaManiac said:
you still believe animators actually get a share from foreign releases? LMAO.
The budget the studio receives to pay their staff comes from the production committee, the committee makes money from licensing deals such as official merch and overseas streaming, not to mention the fact that some licensors are in committees themselves.
Manga on the other hand only benefits the author and the publisher, many times the publisher is not even a producer for the anime adaptation of their own manga, and when they are, they usually rank very low on these committees.
6 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
trinitroglycerin said:
@MadanielFL They should ngl and Kyoani animators actually are as the studio is also a LN editor and exclusively adapts its own LNs thus making lots of money and being able to pay and train its in house employees. You won't make me believe the CR subscription fees are going to animators. Actually, i don't believe even 1% of it goes to them.

CR and western Distributors, who are taking a first share of your subscription fee, are parasites trying to make money off something that was very well done by passionate fans aka fansub teams (CR even used to be a fansub website).

Then there are the production commitees with companies like Kadokawa and ANiplex taking another share of your subscription fee even though they did nothing other than money laundring. Then, at last, the studio can get some scrubs who won't even go to the animators.

And that is only in the rare scenario where the studio is actually a part of the production commitee which is never the case except for rare instances like Ufotable or Kyoani. Most of the time the studio is payed a fixed amount by the production commitee to produce a show without being a part of said commitee and thus won't be able to get a share of later profits made by their show.

I think you are begining to understand what i'm trying to tell you.
6 hours ago

Feb 2021
trinitroglycerin said:
@MadanielFL They should ngl and Kyoani animators actually are as the studio is also a LN editor and exclusively adapts its own LNs thus making lots of money and being able to pay and train its in house employees. You won't make me believe the CR subscription fees are going to animators. Actually, i don't believe even 1% of it goes to them.

CR and western Distributors, who are taking a first share of your subscription fee, are parasites trying to make money off something that was very well done by passionate fans aka fansub teams (CR even used to be a fansub website).

Then there are the production commitees with companies like Kadokawa and ANiplex taking another share of your subscription fee even though they did nothing other than money laundring. Then, at last, the studio can get some scrubs who won't even go to the animators.

And that is only in the rare scenario where the studio is actually a part of the production commitee which is never the case except for rare instances like Ufotable or Kyoani. Most of the time the studio is payed a fixed amount by the production commitee to produce a show without being a part of said commitee and thus won't be able to get a share of later profits made by their show.

Crunchyroll’s parent company Aniplex, literally owns two anime studios already.
And there’s more to making an anime than just the studio, the case of KyoAni is unique because they actually produce their own anime as the main producer.
But most other shows (including most of your favs) it’s the producer who is the main investor, not the studio.
5 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to MadanielFL
trinitroglycerin said:

Crunchyroll’s parent company Aniplex, literally owns two anime studios already.
And there’s more to making an anime than just the studio, the case of KyoAni is unique because they actually produce their own anime as the main producer.
But most other shows (including most of your favs) it’s the producer who is the main investor, not the studio.
@MadanielFL Who tf cares about the main investor? Idgaf about the amount of money kadokawa put on the table to invest in a show as it's the animation studio who does the real work and yes i know Kyoani is their on producer as i said so in my reply. Also no, the studio is all there is about making an anime and anything else is just capitalist bullshit.
5 hours ago

Mar 2021
trinitroglycerin said:

This is like the equivalent of calling all car dealerships grifters because one usually can't buy cars straight from the manufacturer and the money one spends doesn't change hands directly to the people who actually work on the assembly lines that physically build the cars. Calling out all Movie theaters because the profits don't directly change hands to the film crew that usually have a lot harder work to do on the sets than the actual actors.

When one promotes illegal piracy the only parasites are those who are not actually paying for the stuff they consume when it's not typically something legally available for free to begin with.

Without Western Distributors that legally license Japanese Anime there would be very little Japanese Anime in the west and likely no existence of "fansub teams" to begin with. As a generous estimation, well over 95% of all Anime that exists in the West can be directly linked to the very same western distributors that piracy advocates like to demonize.

Being against Western Distribution amounts to being practically Anti-Japanese Anime when the way Japanese Anime has been economically dispensed legally in the West has pretty much remained the same even before the existence of illegal internet piracy.

Streamline Pictures, Central Park Media, ADV Films, etc... If all these western distributors in the past had never existed before, all the "lost media" people like to go on about when it comes to this medium wouldn't even be available in the West even for even those who rely on internet torrents (As an example even on Torrent sites one is not likely going to find a decent ripped copy of "Akira" that isn't distributed by either Streamline Pictures, Funimation, Geneon Entertainment USA, or even the US branch of Bandai Entertainment).
ColourWheel5 hours ago
5 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to ColourWheel
trinitroglycerin said:

This is like the equivalent of calling all car dealerships grifters because one usually can't buy cars straight from the manufacturer and the money one spends doesn't change hands directly to the people who actually work on the assembly lines that physically build the cars. Calling out all Movie theaters because the profits don't directly change hands to the film crew that usually have a lot harder work to do on the sets than the actual actors.

When one promotes illegal piracy the only parasites are those who are not actually paying for the stuff they consume when it's not typically something legally available for free to begin with.

Without Western Distributors that legally license Japanese Anime there would be very little Japanese Anime in the west and likely no existence of "fansub teams" to begin with. As a generous estimation, well over 95% of all Anime that exists in the West can be directly linked to the very same western distributors that piracy advocates like to demonize.

Being against Western Distribution amounts to being practically Anti-Japanese Anime when the way Japanese Anime has been economically dispensed legally in the West has pretty much remained the same even before the existence of illegal internet piracy.

Streamline Pictures, Central Park Media, ADV Films, etc... If all these western distributors in the past had never existed before, all the "lost media" people like to go on about when it comes to this medium wouldn't even be available in the West even for even those who rely on internet torrents (As an example even on Torrent sites one is not likely going to find a decent ripped copy of "Akira" that isn't distributed by either Streamline Pictures, Funimation, Geneon Entertainment USA, or even the US branch of Bandai Entertainment).
@ColourWheel I wasn't kidding when i said you are a CR admin infiltrated on this website.
4 hours ago

Feb 2021
trinitroglycerin said:
@MadanielFL Who tf cares about the main investor? Idgaf about the amount of money kadokawa put on the table to invest in a show as it's the animation studio who does the real work and yes i know Kyoani is their on producer as i said so in my reply. Also no, the studio is all there is about making an anime and anything else is just capitalist bullshit.

Who’s gonna start the project? Who’s gonna choose what source material to adapt? Who’s gonna make the sound effects? The music? The voice acting? Promotion and marketing? Who’s gonna sell the license for merch and streaming?
It’s not the studio, as most studios don’t even have the staff or resources for doing these things.

But according to you it’s all “capitalist bullshit” like KyoAni is voice acting their own anime…

Most anime studios don’t even chose what source material to adapt, it’s the producers who start the whole project, the studio is just contracted to make the animation for them, and it’s not like they even have the resources to do these things.
4 hours ago

Mar 2021
Reply to trinitroglycerin
@ColourWheel I wasn't kidding when i said you are a CR admin infiltrated on this website.
trinitroglycerin said:
I wasn't kidding when i said you are a CR admin infiltrated on this website.

lol Even if I was, Mal is a private platform open to the public for anyone. Last time I checked MAL isn't a platform that supports illegal internet piracy either. Like all the Anime ads on this site are promoting merch and swag directly linked to Western distribution companies. This very site you are using now promotes CR as well. Even Anime entries have links to videos that will direct Users to the very licensed distributing sites you are so against such as CR (MAL literally has thousands of links to Anime episodes that will direct users straight to embedded videos on CR's platform). If anything you would be more of an infiltrator advocating illegal practices using a platform that is more Pro-Crunchyroll than I could ever be.

ColourWheel3 hours ago
3 hours ago

Jan 2008
OP to answer your question again. If you like enough anime there and your not sure to commit try it for just a month. I think new subscribers get something. And you if you decide it's not for you, you can just cancel the subscription to end that period
3 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to ColourWheel
trinitroglycerin said:
I wasn't kidding when i said you are a CR admin infiltrated on this website.

lol Even if I was, Mal is a private platform open to the public for anyone. Last time I checked MAL isn't a platform that supports illegal internet piracy either. Like all the Anime ads on this site are promoting merch and swag directly linked to Western distribution companies. This very site you are using now promotes CR as well. Even Anime entries have links to videos that will direct Users to the very licensed distributing sites you are so against such as CR (MAL literally has thousands of links to Anime episodes that will direct users straight to embedded videos on CR's platform). If anything you would be more of an infiltrator advocating illegal practices using a platform that is more Pro-Crunchyroll than I could ever be.

@ColourWheel you are tiring me. i don't even know why are you are constantly defending these shitty distributors but whatever floats your boat i guess
2 hours ago

Mar 2021
@ColourWheel you are tiring me. i don't even know why are you are constantly defending these shitty distributors but whatever floats your boat i guess
@trinitroglycerin

Completely unprovoked and out of the blue you literally called me out by name for no reason other than a failed attempt at shitposting.

trinitroglycerin said:
none. i pirate anime and buy the manga as any intelligent person would do. Also, no, this is not up for debate. I have already identified users whom i am almost sure are crunchyroll opps trying to infest this kind of thread like @MadanielFL and @ColourWheel.

If you are tiring maybe next time you should just shut the fuck and not "infest" these forums with lame attempts to casually attack other Users. If anything you are the one "infesting" this site with your advocacy of illegal pirating. If you are so Pro-Illegal Piracy and Anti-Crunchyroll or Just Anti-Western Distributing Companies in general, you should just delete your account right now and never use this site again since MAL is so Pro-CR.

Any intelligent person would know that Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga are two separate products. Just because you 'bought" a manga doesn't automatically entitle you to it's Anime adaptation. I bought all of Tolkien's Books decades ago. I never felt entitled to see Peter Jackson's Movie adaptations for free simply because I own all the books. lol
ColourWheel2 hours ago
2 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to ColourWheel
@trinitroglycerin

Completely unprovoked and out of the blue you literally called me out by name for no reason other than a failed attempt at shitposting.

trinitroglycerin said:
none. i pirate anime and buy the manga as any intelligent person would do. Also, no, this is not up for debate. I have already identified users whom i am almost sure are crunchyroll opps trying to infest this kind of thread like @MadanielFL and @ColourWheel.

If you are tiring maybe next time you should just shut the fuck and not "infest" these forums with lame attempts to casually attack other Users. If anything you are the one "infesting" this site with your advocacy of illegal pirating. If you are so Pro-Illegal Piracy and Anti-Crunchyroll or Just Anti-Western Distributing Companies in general, you should just delete your account right now and never use this site again since MAL is so Pro-CR.

Any intelligent person would know that Japanese Anime and Japanese Manga are two separate products. Just because you 'bought" a manga doesn't automatically entitle you to it's Anime adaptation. I bought all of Tolkien's Books decades ago. I never felt entitled to see Peter Jackson's Movie adaptations for free simply because I own all the books. lol
@ColourWheel Stfu corpo slave. Just because you are giving away your money each months to Crunchyroll doesn't make you any better so stop with the snob attitude. I couldn't give two shits about MAL's attitude regarding CR and i don't care how much they were paid for these lame ass ads as i am using U block and i don't see them.
2 hours ago

May 2022
Reply to ColourWheel
@trinitroglycerin

trinitroglycerin said:

@ColourWheel Also i'm blocking you as you always have the worst takes each time i see you in a thread
2 hours ago

Feb 2014
I use both. Hidive is the cheapest streaming service so it'll be the last. And CR is cheaper than Netflix and hulu
Me? I'm no one. I'm just scum with a wish...
1 hour ago

Mar 2021
@ColourWheel Stfu corpo slave. Just because you are giving away your money each months to Crunchyroll doesn't make you any better so stop with the snob attitude. I couldn't give two shits about MAL's attitude regarding CR and i don't care how much they were paid for these lame ass ads as i am using U block and i don't see them.
trinitroglycerin said:

lol Corpo Slave? Do you even know what that exactly is? Because I have never been a corporate slave before in my life, even right after I graduated from college over two decades ago.

This whole "snob" thing is just in your own mind. You are literally getting triggered by your own imagination. I never had to make any comments about being "better" or not, something like that never even crosses my mind unlike how an Anime parasite would likely think I guess. Maybe you couldn't give two shits about MAL's attitude regarding CR, yet you cared enough about my "imaginary" attitude to drop my name just to try to make a cheap jab at me.

Just because you are blocking Ads on MAL doesn't mean they aren't there and doesn't make MAL any less Pro-Crunchyroll simply because you are ignoring them. lol

trinitroglycerin said:
@ColourWheel Also i'm blocking you as you always have the worst takes each time i see you in a thread

Blocking any User isn't going to help you since no matter what you are still forced to see anything they post on a thread whether you like it or not. Blocking on MAL amounts to basically nothing, specifically if one keeps actively engaging with the User they blocked. lol

Better yet maybe next time think twice before trying to make a shitpost directly attack me when you were completely unprovoked to begin with. You got no one but yourself to blame for your own actions. Though, if it makes you feel better go ahead and block me. You were nothing to me before unlike how I seem to be living rent free in your head judging by your cheap jab earlier on in the thread.
ColourWheel1 hour ago
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do you think that the toyetic anime genre is underrated?

funtime43_tr - 1 hour ago

5 by Zayvex »»
48 seconds ago

Poll: » Best Studio (poll)

nirererin - Yesterday

35 by Ionliosite2 »»
2 minutes ago

» Artists you got into listening because of anime?

Mattenan - 9 hours ago

27 by Zayvex »»
30 minutes ago

» Terminator: The Anime Series | Official Announcement ( 1 2 )

deg - Nov 11, 2023

55 by perseii »»
35 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9279 by appledude1221 »»
50 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.