Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Alya Sometimes Hides Her Feelings in Russian
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 24, 12:43 PM

Jan 2024
Not enough Yuki only a 10 sec flashback which was still best part of the episode.

This pres is very similar to Shirogane, joining in order to be worthy of someone good going.

Alya being helpless & clueless still want to be student council president while constantly needs to get bailed by Kuze is dumb af.She need to improve big time. Also that baseball team backed off because of girls lol. Entire thing was weird.

Also Alya denying she doesn't love Kuze after confessing what kind of Tsundere behaviour is that.
Jul 24, 12:50 PM
Dec 2018
Lurik259 said:
Its more and more just Oregairu with lesser character writing.

Light Novel to its core. MC is a disinterested/cynical chad of inter-personal relationships, despite being a child, and the no nonsense hot female lead is incompetent for the sake of damsel moments like this episode.

Thats not even including the multiple misunderstandings. Why are they hiding being siblings? Is MC from some special main/branch family and thats why they hide it and also why the have ties to Russia? Why do we need the future drama that Masha is the girl from the flashbacks not Alya?

Actually Roshidere is character centered and so don't worry all the questions you asked will be answered either in the LN or the anime.
Jul 24, 12:52 PM
Dec 2018
Phantom_373 said:
God dam Masha is such a vibe, I really wish she was the mc and not Alya the childhood friend always looses after all. I'm guessing at the end Kuze was confused on whether the childhood friend was Masha or Alya.

2 great sisters and a competent male lead. This shows great

I second the love for Masha she is the best girl in the whole series to me. But Alya and Masachika alchemy is perfect just wait and you will see.
Jul 24, 12:54 PM
Aug 2022
DragyG said:
Phantom_373 said:
God dam Masha is such a vibe, I really wish she was the mc and not Alya the childhood friend always looses after all. I'm guessing at the end Kuze was confused on whether the childhood friend was Masha or Alya.

2 great sisters and a competent male lead. This shows great

I second the love for Masha she is the best girl in the whole series to me. But Alya and Masachika alchemy is perfect just wait and you will see.

Oh yeah I agree completely, while I’m not too crazy on Alya I don’t deny she has a great dynamic with Kuze and I’m excited to see more of it
Jul 24, 12:59 PM

Dec 2012
Great, nostalgia hit after listening to the ending for 0,5 seconds and now I want to rewatch Haruhi...
Jul 24, 1:13 PM

Jun 2023
Haruhi ED brings back memories
Jul 24, 1:26 PM
Mar 2021
Loved the way the anime is progressing....definitely the best anime of this season so far!!
Jul 24, 1:26 PM
Oct 2020
14:44 all according to keikaku

17:56 so he's aware he's a rom-com MC.

21:44 Literally confessed to him in russian and is still in denial stage lol how?

22:34 she's totally a tsundere now.

Ok Masha is rooting for Alya but also threatens to take him away if she takes too long basically at the end there.

WE GOT A HARE HARE YUKAI ED IN 2024! HARUHI FANS RISE UP! I'm kinda salty we didn't get to see the characters dance though.

We get to see the VA's dance though which is very cool.

Good episode. Only reason it's not a 10 though is because we didn't get more of the best sister Yuki. PLZ JUST GIVE ME 1 MY BROTHER! Well I guess seeing that Yuki Drip in the ed will have to do. We also got middle school Yuki too so at least something.

The student council president is a Chad, he completely changed himself to get his girlfriend and even planned to get Kuze in the student council. We got Alya confession in russian and tsudere style denial. Kuze finally in the student council now so maybe we'll finally see everyone interact now and maybe see the other 4th girl in the key visual? I also kinda want to see a student council dynamic like in Love is war.

Honestly though the President could have his whole own Rom-com story with how he changes himself to become a man worthy of his girlfriend. I wonder if we'll get a spinoff about him one day. AUTHOR PLZ!
RexnihiloJul 24, 1:38 PM
Jul 24, 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
Reply to packaged_air
1/10 not enough yuki
@packaged_air : Keep in mind: Next episode, Kuze will have to explain to Yuki that he will actually be supporting Alya against her :)

Don't worry. Us Yuki fans will be eating good ep5.
Jul 24, 1:53 PM

Sep 2018
Episode was ok. A bit mixed on the sports debate though student council prez is cool.
Jul 24, 2:05 PM

Nov 2023
Hmm my motivation for watching this is decreasing episode by episode.

I don't like love triangles.
I need somebody who can love me at my worst
No, I'm not perfect, but I hope you see my worth
'Cause it's only you, nobody new, I put you first
And for you, girl, I swear I'll do the worst

If you stay forever, let me hold your hand
I can fill those places in your heart no else can
Let me show you love, oh, I don't pretend, yeah
I'll be right here, baby, you know I'll sink or swim
Jul 24, 2:06 PM
Sep 2022
"Alya, don't say nothing and take my hand."
Prota is amazing
Jul 24, 2:20 PM

Aug 2022
So cute! She professed her love and even gave him a kiss on the cheek. Although she's still denying her feelings lol.
Jul 24, 2:28 PM
Oct 2022
After so many thoughts and pleas, Kuze Masachika finally agreed to be a member of the student council. Now he can participate in council student president elections along with Alisa.

That slap Alya gave to Kuze on his cheek was insane, she made Kuze KO😂 It’s ok, because before entering home, Alya gave Kuze a cheek kiss.

Alya is so stubborn, like why she cannot accept that she loves Kuze and start being his girlfriend? She feels good in his presence, but she needs to stop “hiding her feelings in Russian” 😂
Jul 24, 2:33 PM
Jul 2024
The dramatics were cranked up a bit too much this week. It also cracks me up sometimes how anime characters address each other in such an unrealistic way. “Oh, it’s the guy who was the middle school council vice president”. Lmfao. No one would ever say that. I know this is all typical in anime, but it does become eye rolling after a while. It’s just not the best writing.

There’s still plenty to like though. The mc is likeable and he’s got a plethora of cute girls around him. And hey, a Russian love confession already. Can’t say I ever thought I’d see that.
Jul 24, 2:35 PM

Oct 2014
How dare this show leave me with a big grin stuck on my face! And what more? That post-credit scene left it with a bigger one!!
Jul 24, 2:43 PM
Jan 2021
Kinda nice to see the MC being hyped up a bit more. I'm just afraid that he will seem to cool. Really want to see the girls shine a little bit more. But now that all the pieces are set in motion I'm excited for how this will spiral out eventually.
Jul 24, 3:27 PM

Apr 2015
....This is why I don't like tsundere girls, why did Alya have to slap him like that after Kuze helped her with the soccer/baseball conflict and he told her he'd support her in her goal of becoming student council president? Well, the rest of the episode was okay. I wish Alya was able to show more competency as someone who was running for student council president instead of Kuze having to predictably step in to resolve the situation, but I guess it's a good way to show more of her development in the later episodes.

"As promised, all that you seek, all that we desire, is prepared up there. On top of the Tower."
Jul 24, 3:41 PM
Apr 2024
Reply to AkeZZZ
Hare Hare Yukai ED
I love this song. 😭What a nostalgia.

@AkeZZZ Thank you for the links, now I can keep them in my collection
Jul 24, 3:42 PM
Apr 2024
Three episodes in, I wasn't really feeling it until this episode. This episode is sweet and awesome. Now I can't wait to see more
Apr 2024
Three episodes in, I wasn't really feeling it until this episode. This episode is sweet and awesome. Now I can't wait to see more
Jul 24, 3:43 PM
Apr 2024
Apr 2024
Jul 24, 3:48 PM

Feb 2021
So that concludes volume 1, adapted in 4 episodes like most LN adaptations do.

Jul 24, 3:52 PM
Jul 2019
Just realized this ep that the endings are from other shows. I've thought that they sounded familiar in the earlier eps, but it wasn't until this week that I could actually put my finger on it. Anyone know what the three earlier EDs are from?
Jul 24, 4:00 PM
May 2023
is the ending song the same one from “The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya”? bc it really sounds like it is just noticed that
Jul 24, 4:24 PM

Oct 2023
I think this will be at side of my favorite romcoms
Jul 24, 4:49 PM
Apr 2024
I felt this big Deja Vu feeling when hearing the ED theme as I knew I had heard it from somewhere but I couldn't put my finger on from where. Just realized it is from Haruhi!
Jul 24, 5:04 PM

May 2022
Reply to KytoAnime
Decent, but we must get strong masha x mashachika shippers lesgoooooooooooo
@KytoAnime

Yeah I am still in the Masha x Mashachika camp myself. Alya feels underwhelming as a whole. She has great animation, but not much else i think. Also I agree... not enough Yuki this episode.
Jul 24, 5:08 PM
Jun 2020
It's so refreshing having a relatively realistically competent male lead. Especially one who's actually comfortable around female characters, including theove interest. Though I haven't watched many romance series, so I don't know if that's normal in this genre or not, though I think the isekais have just lowered the bar to the floor as far as protags are concerned.

I also appreciate how, even though Alya is extremely competent, intelligent and hardworking, she's not shown to be perfect and really struggles with social situations, especially where conflict is involved. Which is exactly where Kuze seems to excell, while satisfyingly smashing the "socially awkward and oblivious" Otaku trope to pieces.

I was definitely not expecting Alya to straight up tell him she loves him! In Russian, of course, so she obviously thinks he doesn't understand. But still! That really caught me by surprise. And him immediately thinking back to his "first love" and realizing that he can feel that way again (about Alya, this time) was really sweet. Though Alya obviously took something different from this as evidenced by exercising her pimp hand.

The cheek kiss was adorable, though I'm curious why Kuze was so desperate to know what it meant. The way she did it, does that have some specific meaning in Russian culture?

Masha's comment about someone stealing Masachika away from Alya at the end was interesting. I wonder what she meant by that? I'm really enjoying this series so far and looking forward to next Wednesday! Also that ED was pure nostalgia. That took me wayyy back.
Jul 24, 5:15 PM

Sep 2018
Did they ramp up the cheesiness in this episode? Felt like it.
Jul 24, 5:16 PM
Nov 2018
Nice ep , alya,s sister is so funny
Jul 24, 5:18 PM

Sep 2015
I loved it. Alya is way too cute confessing her love in Russian! Also bonus points for Haruhi's ED, almost brought tears to my eyes and obviously i singed to it.

They have been waiting, waiting for so long.. they are gonna break the rules POWER FOR THE STRONG! BURSTING! BURSTING! BURSTING OUT!

Jul 24, 5:27 PM
May 2023
Easy to guess what gonna happen next.
Jul 24, 5:33 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
The game was rigged from the start when it comes to Kuze joining the student council, the OP said it all, man couldn’t avoid his fate lol, and since Alya wants to become the president, I imagine a lot of the plot going forward will heavily involve the student council stuff, not the most excited about that but I’m sure it’ll be entertaining. And Kuze’s little save on Alya was nice to see, he knew just what to say to get the baseball bros to agree to move, the sex appeal cannot be denied lol, and of course there was also the insider info of the baseball player and soccer manager romance that helped.

And afterward not only did Kuze agree to help Alya become president, he also took a massive slap to the face for thinking about that childhood crush, and moments later got a kiss on the cheek, Alya is a babe of many moods lol. And the after credits scene was cute with Alya getting flustered in the bed, and it’s not surprising Masha could tell what’s going on right away, maybe she’ll be a potential troll like Suou. And the ED this week was pretty nice, the girls’ outfits were cute, and it’s apparently used in Haruhi which of course I’ve known about for a very long time, I just never have sat down and watched it, a crime I know lol, it will happen one day.
Jul 24, 5:38 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
That was great! Masachika finally decided to join the Student Council. Alya-chan still isn't being honest that she likes Masachika, ahaha. That kiss at the cheek tho.

The ending song is HARE HARE YUKAI?! 🤯 That caught me off-guard. Really cool! :D I like the girls' boyish outfits in the ED visuals. And here I thought Haruhi Suzumiya would make a random cameo at the ED, haha! 😂
Jul 24, 5:42 PM

Feb 2018
Gotta respect the Prez's grind of changing himself, even if it wasn't because of a "good" reason. He did change for the better I'd say.

Despite being reluctant about joining the student council, Masachika just went on with it anyways lol.

Masachika telling Alya to take his hand feels like a bit of a cheesy scene lol. Wow, he does see himself as a rom-com protag too lmao.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 24, 5:50 PM

Mar 2023
honestly, nothing too special happened this episode (aside from the confession, which he understood perfectly lolll)
Jul 24, 6:07 PM
Apr 2011
Reply to semaj1992
It's so refreshing having a relatively realistically competent male lead. Especially one who's actually comfortable around female characters, including theove interest. Though I haven't watched many romance series, so I don't know if that's normal in this genre or not, though I think the isekais have just lowered the bar to the floor as far as protags are concerned.

I also appreciate how, even though Alya is extremely competent, intelligent and hardworking, she's not shown to be perfect and really struggles with social situations, especially where conflict is involved. Which is exactly where Kuze seems to excell, while satisfyingly smashing the "socially awkward and oblivious" Otaku trope to pieces.

I was definitely not expecting Alya to straight up tell him she loves him! In Russian, of course, so she obviously thinks he doesn't understand. But still! That really caught me by surprise. And him immediately thinking back to his "first love" and realizing that he can feel that way again (about Alya, this time) was really sweet. Though Alya obviously took something different from this as evidenced by exercising her pimp hand.

The cheek kiss was adorable, though I'm curious why Kuze was so desperate to know what it meant. The way she did it, does that have some specific meaning in Russian culture?

Masha's comment about someone stealing Masachika away from Alya at the end was interesting. I wonder what she meant by that? I'm really enjoying this series so far and looking forward to next Wednesday! Also that ED was pure nostalgia. That took me wayyy back.
@semaj1992 Depending on who you ask, a kiss on the cheek is a form of greeting or farewell between family and really close friends. So he could be confused as to if it's a goodbye kiss or a kiss-kiss.
Jul 24, 6:20 PM
Jan 2018
Yoo!!! Isn't that ED from the legendary Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi's ED?!!!
MarkGohJul 24, 6:28 PM
Jul 24, 6:23 PM
May 2017
Another very good episode! Masachika is so neat... Alya, Masha and Yuki are made from cuteness and dreams.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 24, 6:27 PM
Dec 2021
I guess we're even now, huh? 🙏 (just kidding!) i love this series <3 by the way, the ED is great, it has pretty good animations and is relaxing.
kitohaJul 24, 6:36 PM
Jul 24, 6:29 PM
Nov 2019
alya mengungkapkan rasa wkwkwk
My Candies :
Jul 24, 7:04 PM
Jan 2020
Reply to Rexnihilo
14:44 all according to keikaku

17:56 so he's aware he's a rom-com MC.

21:44 Literally confessed to him in russian and is still in denial stage lol how?

22:34 she's totally a tsundere now.

Ok Masha is rooting for Alya but also threatens to take him away if she takes too long basically at the end there.

WE GOT A HARE HARE YUKAI ED IN 2024! HARUHI FANS RISE UP! I'm kinda salty we didn't get to see the characters dance though.

We get to see the VA's dance though which is very cool.

Good episode. Only reason it's not a 10 though is because we didn't get more of the best sister Yuki. PLZ JUST GIVE ME 1 MY BROTHER! Well I guess seeing that Yuki Drip in the ed will have to do. We also got middle school Yuki too so at least something.

The student council president is a Chad, he completely changed himself to get his girlfriend and even planned to get Kuze in the student council. We got Alya confession in russian and tsudere style denial. Kuze finally in the student council now so maybe we'll finally see everyone interact now and maybe see the other 4th girl in the key visual? I also kinda want to see a student council dynamic like in Love is war.

Honestly though the President could have his whole own Rom-com story with how he changes himself to become a man worthy of his girlfriend. I wonder if we'll get a spinoff about him one day. AUTHOR PLZ!
@Rexnihilo There is. It's covered in V4.5. They'll probably release it as an OVA eventually.
Jul 24, 7:08 PM
Apr 2020
HARE HARE YUKAI!! It's like I'm 1 year old again. (Suzumiya was past my time lol)
Jul 24, 7:16 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to aurora_yuuki
@Rexnihilo There is. It's covered in V4.5. They'll probably release it as an OVA eventually.
@aurora_yuuki LETS GOOOOO!!!! I really hope we get that. Thanks for the information
Jul 24, 7:17 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to st3pn
HARE HARE YUKAI!! It's like I'm 1 year old again. (Suzumiya was past my time lol)
@st3pn Same lol. It came out when I was a baby/toddler lol but still a fan of it.
Jul 24, 7:26 PM

Apr 2022
no fucking way did we get the ED from haruhi suzumiya! this show doesn't miss. but it felt too short to me, the kiss was cute and we love to see the realization haha. masha is right, alya better up her game.
Jul 24, 7:28 PM
Jan 2023
Oh wow, Kuze joins the student council AND Alya confesses her love in Russian? Didn't expect it to move quite that quick, but this was so fun to watch.

Also, the whole childhood friend thing is getting very confusing to be honest. I know they'll reveal it all soon enough though.
Jul 24, 7:39 PM

Dec 2016
Meh. Pretty bad episode compared to any of the previous ones.

It feels like the author is good at writing comedic and lighthearted scenes, but sucks big time at crafting a good conflict and proper drama.

For starters, the very long and excruciating scene with the school prez only provided 2 worthwhile bits. That he was a fat loser 2 years ago and that Kuze was part of the student council back in middle school, everything else (cept for Masha's fluff) was just long padding.

Then there's the scene where Alya is meant to shine as the diplomat sent to deal with the baseball and soccer club problem about who's going to take dibs on the play field. Despite Alya being previously infodumped in the early episodes as being among the most reknown 3 girls in the school (top dog prima donnas), not a single character in that room acknowledged her presence, it's like she wasn't even there. Kuze had to jump in to save the situation turning the arrogant but smart heroine into a worthless damsel in distress. Her whole background story of regrets with her elementary school peers doesn't add up properly, it should had been used as a stepping stone for her current self, not to be a drag to her current self and her ambitious aspirations as being part of the student council.

There's also the part where the sport jocks know that Kuze (the most unnimportant guy in school who sleeps between classes because he watches anime late night) was part of student council back in middle school and now somehow his words are more resonant in that room than the actual diplomat from the student council from their own school (it's terrible writing that only makes the main character being the most important person in that room for the most contrived reasons). His solution to the field dispute also feels very out of the left field because neither of these characters were properly established prior to this point. It's just cheap writing for the sake of making him act as a flawless problem solver.

Last but not least, the slap scene feels also terribly contrived. Sure, Alya is a tsundere and she has provided good reasons in previous episodes to become physically abusive for good reasons, (like kicking Kuze when he was asked to help Alya put on her thighhighs and he saw her panties) but in here even if she's acting on pure jealousy the slap feels a bit forced and the outcome it's even far more contrived with Kuze just saying "I got xp as a man" and Alya didn't feel remorse or second thoughts on such unwarranted action. I get it that the slap was the foundation for the kiss on the cheek later on, but it still feels awfully forced.

I just hope the next episodes get back more to the comedic hijinx like the first 3 episodes that were better written/executed.
KimurahJul 24, 7:45 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Masachika is the best !

lightning_angad7 - Yesterday

35 by Playcool »»
25 seconds ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LighTing4321 - Jul 17

271 by Playcool »»
10 minutes ago

» LN readers, without spoilers, does it ACTUALLY get as bad as some say? Or is it just another case of loud minority being annoying?

Shamsy - Yesterday

25 by Playcool »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » Tokidoki Bosotto Russia-go de Dereru Tonari no Alya-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cuhoangdk - Jul 10

331 by Playcool »»
59 minutes ago

» The english dub is reaaaaly funny

ErraticCamp - Yesterday

20 by Ugly11 »»
1 hour ago

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.