Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 13, 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
I enjoyed it but the animation made my eyes hurt
Jul 13, 2:10 PM

Nov 2016
Favorite part was king shark covered in slime
Jul 13, 2:38 PM

Jul 2016
Seeing Harley Quinn interacting with a baby dragon saved this episode from being a total waste of time. 3/5
Jul 13, 4:58 PM
Jun 2021
Well, even with the beautiful animation, this episode is quite mid, and I forgot to mention that Amanda Waller dancing sensually at the end is so bizzare.
Jul 13, 11:33 PM

May 2021
I had been liking it so far but what in the GYATT is this wack animation -

Jul 13, 11:52 PM

Oct 2016
Good episode. Mostly set up, but it made me laugh at times. (7.5/10)
Jul 14, 5:37 AM
Sep 2009
Reply to Alfredo-Sauce
Decent episode that had the crew make their way to Rick's helicopter to resupply. Regarding the ending of this episode, I wonder if those 2 people are working for the queen considering how upset she looked in the previous episode.
@Alfredo-Sauce I thought the reason she looked upset was because there was no fighting, the war was won too easily, and she is a bloodthirsty lunatic? Anyway that was the feeling I got, could be wrong.
Jul 14, 8:44 AM

Aug 2021
Reply to StallionXD
Wasted opportunity for Harley to call the baby dragon Batman or Bruce, since his mother is dead lmao
@StallionXD

Oh my, this is brilliant.

Jul 14, 9:00 AM
Feb 2024
Warner bross collaboration with wit studio just to create this trash
Jul 14, 10:25 AM
Jan 2022
I never thought I would hear harley Quinn Sai "kawai" but I did lol... the anime is average it's not that bad and i keep hearing that the animation is bad and stuff but it's pretty good in most of the cases ... anyway want to see peacemaker more in the next eps

Jul 14, 4:51 PM

Dec 2013
I assumed Deadshot's special ability from the other world was going to be infinite ammunition, I liked those frames with shark teeth Harley Quinn.
Jul 14, 6:39 PM
Mar 2015
Harley gets a baby dragon Our bois get more ammo and more time
Jul 14, 10:30 PM
Jul 2017
Not loving it so far, is obvious that DC writters are not used to anime, hiring WIT Studio was not enoigh, I was expecting this anime to be everything that GOGO LOSER RANGER, Solo Leveling and Kaijuu8 teased to be, self referential shows with a more dark, transgressive and thrillng developement than their original influences, but so far is very vainilla, jokes are lame, every episode is so short like nothing happens just talking and walking, they had the advantage of not having to waste anytime in character development and backstorys and they didnt exploited, also, is probably the lamest Harley ive seen and that includes Margot Robbie, I dont like western cartoons at all but their suicide squad animation is way better and entertaining, hopefully this start to peak from here
Jul 14, 10:38 PM

May 2019
Reply to Sasuke149
@Alfredo-Sauce I thought the reason she looked upset was because there was no fighting, the war was won too easily, and she is a bloodthirsty lunatic? Anyway that was the feeling I got, could be wrong.
@Sasuke149
Yeah you could be right too, maybe she was pissed off because of what you said or that the delinquents got the job done way easier and faster than her guys.
Jul 15, 3:56 AM
Nov 2016
Extreme drop in animation quality.
Jul 15, 6:49 AM
Jul 2013
Damn, this is an isekai. 🚬

Enchantress and Thinker appear, killing the teammates, here looking like a villain, but a cruel villain.
Jul 15, 8:52 AM
Sep 2022
Nah, more and less episode...
Jul 15, 5:00 PM
May 2021
the animation is worse then actually japanese isekai. wtf
Jul 16, 12:37 PM

Nov 2009
BTW... their neck flashing at the beginning with the bomb...

But I thought they stabbed the Shark dude on the top of his head back in episode 1... did the bomb somehow traveled down to the back of his neck? LOL

Also, I just realized something... how is Clay dude's bomb not removed? couldn't he just get it out by turning his body into clay and push it out?

Also also, also just realized... but Harley doesn't have a bomb? LOOOL (her neck wasn't flashing)

"Frying Pan is the ultimate weapon"... wonder if the author is a PUBG fan, LOL.

And they fought a Dragon...

RIP Dragon, it made a nest on the helicopter. At least the baby didn't turn into food... props to Harley kicking in her mother instinct.

amlgJul 16, 12:54 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 16, 8:13 PM
Jan 2023
wait holdup... the ed is sung by MORI CALLIOPE?!?!?! 😱😱😱
Jul 17, 12:48 AM

Jun 2019
ApocalypSnow said:
It's interesting how no one in Dungeon Meshi brings up moral qualms of eating monsters besides "it's weird" and "it might be dirty/cause disease."

It was really only Harley who had a soft spot for the baby dragon. And I think the difference is that the world of Dungeon Meshi is a high fantasy (alternative world), but set somewhere in our equivalent of medieval times, where I imagine for material reasons (pre-industrialization and no mass food production meaning there are no grocery stores, convenience stores, fast food, or factory farms, making safe and nutritious enough food harder to access and distribute for a lot of people in the first place on a large scale) any questioning of hunting game outside of health and disease concerns (even for fears of species scarcity and population preservation reasons) would be considered the whim and luxury of a select few idle rich in the aristocracy. Others couldn't afford to turn their noses up at edible food for what would be seen as fanciful/idealistic reasons.

Whereas the world in Isekai Suicide Squad is set in modern times - well, the isekai world on the other side of the gate is medieval-esque, but the main characters come from our world in modern times, I mean. So they may be supervillains or supervillains' sidekicks, but it's less surprising to hear them express modern sensibilities about something like that (I'm taking a dragon or "monster" as just an extension of any non-human animal here targeted for food). That concern is a luxury more people only started to express or identify with only after already having access to a clean and safe food supply. Medieval peasants aren't going to protest for animal rights or something like that.
Jul 17, 6:18 AM
Jun 2024
Not as creative as I expected
Jul 18, 12:54 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to IzanaSolos
Time is ticking...

Well at the very least they finally started helping the government on their own accord this time. By own accord I mean Rick made them lol. Nanaue calling Deadshot limpdick was funny asf lol. Squad goes to some party with orcs.. so random except for the reason that Harley wanted a frying pan... okay lol. Was nothing more then quick pitstop because right into action we are with the dragon fight at last.

Gotta say, this has been pretty generic up till now, but the way they defeated that dragon was certainly... unique. I mean most isekais we'd kill the dragons via magic or whatever, show said fuck that and gave us a whole RPG... ??? Lmaoooo. And now they squad have a baby dragon on their side. Just great. AND HOLY FUCK, WAS THAT POISON IVY??? I take back any bad thing I've said about this show thus far.

Will Rick go through with Amanda wishes...???
@IzanaSolos This isn't a spoiler but that's Enchantress. I understand if you're not caught up with DC lore but....man that was whiff.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 18, 12:56 AM

Jan 2011
Reply to Marinate1016
Did WIT outsource this episode? This was a huge quality drop off from the first few in everything from narrative to production. Felt like I was watching 5 different studios’ work with all the character model changes, off faces, and mini art styles going on in the episode.

Not to mention the ammo retrieval being made into an entire episode after the whole end scene with the queen last ep? I can see doing half an episode on the ammo retrieval and dragon fight, but this felt poorly paced and this is coming from someone who’s loved the first few eps.

Speaking of the dragon fight, Jesus that looked bad. There were a few decent scenes like deadshot running and Harley’s frying pan scene, but for the most part it looked horrible and the dragon falling off the cliff was laughably bad. I really hope this is just a one off and not a sign of things to come in the second half.

On the bright side, Game of Thrones reference in anime was cool lol and it looks like some new villains from the advanced squad being introduced next week? Also the dragon hatchling should make a cool addition to the team, kinda messed up considering they killed its mom tho lmao.

I really do want this to be successful so we get more DC and WB anime stuff, but this was a set back.
@Marinate1016 I agree with everything you're saying but what worries me is that this will be a speedrun. The plot needs at least two season to work.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jul 18, 7:52 AM

Jul 2017
It's a good thing that the Suicide Squad has had their bombs timers reset, giving them more time around the fantasy world. But in the frenzy of killing monsters left and right, Harley wants a bath, which the group has to backtrack to the fortress to rest a bit, earning them a meal in the process, plus a frying pan for a choice of weapon.

What seems like a bird's nest, is actually a dragon's nest, which said dragon is resting above a helicopter. The audacity to trigger it leaves the Suicide Squad running for their lives as they fight for survival, and eventually they made it...thanks to Peacemaker asserting with the dragon's egg, naming the newborn Arthur in the process.

NGL, I feel like I'm losing interest, now halfway into the series as production gets worse. Hopefully there's still substance leftover...
Jul 18, 7:36 PM

May 2015
There are many things that shouldn't be given to Harley Quinn. A dragon definitely makes the top of that list!
Jul 19, 7:59 AM

Aug 2016
didnt have any expectations for this in the first place but whattt is this

Jul 19, 3:53 PM
May 2021
worst episode of any anime ive ever seen, animation style changes every single shot, dragon fight scene is especially horrendous
Jul 24, 1:32 PM

Apr 2024
Harley and the gang survived and didn't get their necks exploded and now we meet Enchantress
Jul 25, 1:15 PM
Jul 2024
Anime com nada de bom, history very bad
Jul 29, 4:27 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Episode 5, where they start out on seconds and a prayer. Good news for them, they got their bomb done in time. We can go back to Harley + co kicking ass with their forces. Kinda wish that we had the time to see some of their fights along the way, I don't think it would have been a waste to make this a 12-13 ep series.

Bless Harley being herself, the little things like the pan and bath do wonders. You'd think the bath would be in a more convenient location, but guess not XD

At least they got to the ammo drop with plenty of time to spare. The fight against the dragon is fun in a Squad sense. Plenty of movement, bunch of people using powers, and Harley embracing the spirit of Dungeon Meshi. When she deflected that firebolt with the pan it was amazing. She is nuts and genius combined. And it all ended with an RPG.

Now she can take care of Arthur, a happy ending to holding babies hostages. If only certain other guys had that happy ending in the final scene.
Jul 31, 6:12 PM
Jun 2012
Hmmm...

🤔

Yes, yes it is.
Aug 7, 12:16 AM

Aug 2019
Of course, Harley would adopt a dragon lmao.
Aug 8, 4:22 PM
Feb 2020
I am still not sure why clayface even cares about the bomb
Aug 16, 5:53 PM

Jan 2016
I am pausing at 17:17 before I forget to make this comment:
EVERYONE HERE IS FROM ONE PIECE!!!!(??)
HQ = G5 Luffy
Deadshot = Yassop
Clayface = Prince Grus
Peacekeeper = Devil Child
King Shark = Chopper
ARGUS guy I forgot name = Law
It all fits perfectly!!!!! Okay back to watching (I realized this after HQ did a G5 action with the Wok (if didn't know WB also owns Looney Toons, Looney Toons is inspiration for Oda and big inspiration for how G5 interacts))

Ah helll nah, what they do to Beanstalk and friends?!
4/5 came to above realization, didn't like hearing Amanda's voice, Baby Dragon is a cutie (hope she can show Pudding <3), Beanstalk+ :c

Oct 1, 8:56 PM

Apr 2019
Fun episode and the character dynamics were good here as well. Though, the 4th wall breaking references are getting a bit too frequent for my liking ngl.
44 minutes ago

Mar 2010
This is how fun a isekai should be.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Aug 15

113 by RioFS »»
Oct 1, 12:44 PM

» Is it necessary to know the lore or can I watch it normally and understand it if I’m not too into (familiarized) DC?

0k_Cxz - Jun 28

25 by Nurguburu »»
Sep 27, 9:47 PM

» All 10 episodes are completed production and we still got this. They just don't care LOL

deg - Jul 20

36 by Nurguburu »»
Sep 27, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 27

77 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 25, 5:40 AM

Poll: » Isekai Suicide Squad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 27

73 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 25, 5:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.