Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 9, 12:17 AM

Jul 2023
so soothing, we got 4, waiting for more personalities to come.
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 9, 8:28 AM
Oct 2012
Interesting twist on the harem formula that also plays on my personal theater fixations. Gonna try bamboozling my man with characters too now, and I'm looking forward to how it develops!
Jul 9, 10:25 AM

Jul 2022
I was looking forward to this more than any other show this season, so maybe my sky high expectations are the reason I found this episode a bit disappointing.

I guess I expected things to move a bit slower. I figured that Episode 1 we'd meet the main couple and learn that the guy is lonely, etc., so the girl would come up with a character to "befriend" him and we'd get new characters each week as her feelings for him grow.

What we got was a dude saying in the opening minutes that he wants a harem because...every guy wants a harem and the girl just going along with it?

We'll see where it goes from here, but I'm pretty letdown thus far.
Jul 9, 10:11 PM

Apr 2018
One waifu to rule them all
Jul 9, 11:54 PM
Mar 2022
i love the anime. it gives me diabetes.
it has that nagatoro vibes to it.
but I don't like the way they jumping time each segments. for example the first episode they show us how the girl joined the club and in the middle episode we already have mid test like wth?!
Jul 10, 1:30 AM
Nov 2023
the story was different from the other, it made me want to watch the rest of the episodes
Jul 10, 5:42 AM

Jul 2021
oh this is pretty good. i expected an actual harem but what i got was even better. its only first episode and their chemestry is really good. its funny how rin is coveying her actual feelings behind the mask of acting. im sure the guy is completely oblivious and i don't blame him. this is something new and seems fun. i don't have much expectations from highschool setting 12 episode romcoms these days but this one has caught my attention. will follow it through.

@Ryujin-Sama feel like its kinda like takagi san in that sense. we aren't following a time line. we are following only their interactions. i dont think ayone has the energy to have those kinds of moments everyday.
TsutanaiFuunJul 10, 5:46 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jul 10, 9:27 AM
Jul 2021
Too many cut scenes ?
Every 2 mins the scene changes, should have counted it. Normally in a rom com anime there might scene change about 4-5mins
Anyways it was Good first episode.
Jul 10, 9:36 AM
Feb 2023
Nice changing

Moodbooster

Hayamin in black hair route

Rin Nanakura can be Miyuki Shiba /Ayase Aragaki / Yor Briar / Yukinon Yukinoshita
Jul 11, 3:22 AM

Jun 2020
just watched the episode.. just too sweet i can already see it as one of the best romcom tbh
Jul 11, 4:51 AM

Nov 2012
This is absolutely adorable, but I'm not sure it's enough to be entertaining for 12 episodes?
Jul 11, 6:04 AM
Oct 2023
aku sangat suka menghalu
Jul 11, 12:19 PM
Mar 2023
so cute and no downtime
Jul 11, 11:33 PM

Mar 2013
Finally, a unique romcom! 🥰
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 12, 11:17 AM
Aug 2023
this anime is really an original production
Jul 12, 2:43 PM
Jan 2023
Was a fun start to quite a unique show, quite excited to see where this goes honestly.

Constantly switching personalities like that though, was quite funny, I wonder if there will be more in the future.
Jul 12, 8:44 PM

Mar 2024
I would've voted "liked," but with the amount of nincompoops whining about a perfectly good and unique anime, I could only choose "loved."
Jul 13, 1:46 PM

Jun 2020
This is actually very cute Rin is so adorable
Jul 13, 9:02 PM
Jan 2021
I can't stop grinning. Shamed Rin after her performing is perfect. Eiji seems very natural , pure and nice guy.
Jul 14, 3:33 AM
Feb 2024
This was strangely wholesome. I really like where this is going...

Adding to the watchlist.
Jul 14, 6:43 AM
Sep 2016
Hayami Saori flex
Jul 14, 11:36 PM

Jul 2019
This is lovely, just lovely. Hayamin is a treat as always.
Jul 15, 11:52 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I had a good feeling for the series since I heard about the manga synopsis awhile back. I'm glad I never started reading the manga... it seems like this adaptation will easily surpass the manga because the whole thing it has going for itself is seeing all the personas Rin comes with. The anime adds new dimensions to that, the voice acting for Rin is just SUPERB, they chose it very well and it is paying off, I loved this first episode a lot, it is so fresh seeing the dynamics it has going for itself, I m extremely tempted to favorite Rin, but I will wait for the anime to finish.

The mangaka of this manga must be thrilled to see its work coming to life at such high quality, truly we are blessed for romcoms this season, like we have never been before in a single anime season.
Jul 18, 12:22 PM
Oct 2020
Best girl because she can be every girl?
Jul 19, 1:41 AM

Apr 2014
This is great, what a wonderful surprise.
Avoided watching it for 2 weeks thinking it would be bad, but I'm so glad I went back and watched it
Jul 19, 7:10 AM
May 2020
a personal harem with only one girl damn, mangakas are getting creative with this genre
Jul 19, 8:04 PM
Feb 2024
A nice spin on the harem genre both satisfying the weird harem degenerates and the normal people where a single person satisfies them.
Jul 20, 8:40 AM

May 2015
HOLY SHIT SHE'S ADORABLE!!!!! God I love her so much! Couldnt stop grinning the entire episode.

Cant wait to see what other personalities she brings out. Imp-chan is probably my favourite. Love the assertiveness and smug look.

I love it when romances have the girl be the one pursuing the boy.
DarknessRealityJul 20, 10:13 AM
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 21, 1:12 AM
Apr 2013
An interesting idea, but I was bored of it already by the end of the episode. Unless some drama or plot happens in the next episode or 2 then this will be a snore.
Jul 21, 3:29 AM

Aug 2010
I am liking this more than I thought I would. Great performance from Hayami Saori and I really like the dynamics of Rin and senpai.
Jul 21, 9:22 AM
May 2021
saori hayami voice just make this show perfect
Jul 24, 6:34 AM
Apr 2013
EP 1

Soo uh. i recall there was a lot of promotion for this anime. to be honest hayami saori is really distinctive so its not like she would have been a sekret either way
Kinda curious as to exactly what is going on here though

The ed is about the same as the op, the usual and a bit.

Its only ep 1, though im wondering how long they can keep this up, after awhile
This ep was basically one loong addition of scenes. one ep by itself usually isnt enough, though this feels very episodic so far, if all the eps look like this

Its like mostly a gimmick anime, since it feels like there isnt really continuity in the sense. Soo far the first ep went quite fast, introductions, and rin has four so far. Curious really
Most of the comedy sections are really fast and it goes from scene to scene

Its still a bit early, one of the main things, whether its a positive or negative, is the voice and animation seem to be slightly off. Hayami saori is hayami saori of course, rin is cute but it seems there's a little bit of a mismatch. Hairstyles is one thing but hmm.

So to speak, it doesnt "feel" like a 2024 anime that is
CocoaGalaxyJul 24, 6:38 AM
Jul 25, 12:46 PM
Feb 2021
KAWAII INTENSIFIES!
Jul 25, 10:03 PM

Nov 2017
It is a little sweet and muddled, but whatever, I like it. Been waiting for something like this.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 25

52 by Aleksu »»
1 hour ago

» Rin is definitely best girl of the season

Claytoki - 11 hours ago

18 by Moppit »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Personality of Rin

WaterMage_658 - Jul 25

7 by Chronigan »»
Yesterday, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Softhenic03 - Jul 18

52 by Benbolio »»
Yesterday, 1:17 PM

Poll: » Giji Harem Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 11

93 by Ronin-errante »»
Jul 25, 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.