Forum Settings
Forums

Crunchyroll Announces the Removal of Its Comment Section Across All Platforms To 'Reduce Harmful Content'

New
Jul 9, 1:08 AM

Jan 2009
All user-generated content, including comments and reviews, are no longer viewable on the streamer.

https://me.ign.com/en/tv-shows/222331/news/crunchyroll-announces-the-removal-of-its-comment-section-across-all-platforms-to-reduce-harmful-cont

will mal remove the forums and reviews too? so thoughts?

the hate speech and review bombing against a gay anime might just be a redirection to censor all hate on ai subs being done recently by crunchyroll or they want the site to be advertiser friendly or its both just to maximize profit while minimize cost more by removing moderation staff and removing translators so its the usual enshittification
degJul 10, 1:37 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 9, 1:11 AM

Dec 2021
Well that sucks. Hope all of the threads with funny comments were archived.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jul 9, 1:24 AM

May 2019
This is why monopoly and consolidation is bad.
Crunchyroll bought out all their competitors and either absorbed or shut them down and now since there are very few legal alternatives they can be anti-consumer and remove comments and raise prices.
Jul 9, 1:27 AM

Apr 2012
I highly doubt MAL will remove the ability to discuss and review the show. This doesn't seem like a trend, not to mention the not-so-positive fan reaction to Crunchroll's decisions. I don't know much to say about this since I haven't commented on there for a long time. But to be honest, the wording surprises me. As if we are not talking about an anime site, but about some kind of news portal.
Jul 9, 1:32 AM

Jul 2021
That's a new low from Crunchyroll, but it fits into their image.
MAL is a social media platform first and foremost, it just happens to be built around anime data base.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 9, 1:35 AM

Jan 2009
bigotry of some fans made crunchyroll decide this btw https://x.com/G0ffThew/status/1809576707151507963
Jul 9, 1:39 AM

Dec 2021
Reply to deg
bigotry of some fans made crunchyroll decide this btw https://x.com/G0ffThew/status/1809576707151507963
@deg Yikes... the timing seems a bit too obvious now. I guess this was always in the books, but the review bombing must've expedited the closure.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.

alt_textalt_textalt_text
Jul 9, 1:43 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to Daviljoe193
@deg Yikes... the timing seems a bit too obvious now. I guess this was always in the books, but the review bombing must've expedited the closure.
@Daviljoe193 yep i guess the bl review bombing is the perfect excuse to do this plan
Jul 9, 1:53 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to deg
@Daviljoe193 yep i guess the bl review bombing is the perfect excuse to do this plan
@deg But why didn't they just temporarily ban reviews of this show or introduce pre-moderation for them? I understand that accusing resources of "gay propaganda" due to licensing a BL show is completely delusional (and also hypocritical, considering that many of these bigots are probably fine with a yuri show), but completely shutting down any comments and reviews on the entire site?

Jul 9, 1:58 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This just makes me appreciate what the MAL devs still to this day go through with Ishinashi (and other situations like that) even more.
Jul 9, 2:03 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to anime-prime
This just makes me appreciate what the MAL devs still to this day go through with Ishinashi (and other situations like that) even more.
@anime-prime is ishinashi completely neutralize now? or he is still around? because i do not see him on the forums anymore
Jul 9, 2:06 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to anime-prime
@anime-prime Oh, this dude is the eighth wonder of the world. I just find it hard to believe that an ordinary huma could spend so much time and effort just to insult complete strangers for the most delusional reasons.
Jul 9, 2:06 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Reply to deg
@anime-prime is ishinashi completely neutralize now? or he is still around? because i do not see him on the forums anymore
@deg Ishinashi is still around. He moves around to different areas on MAL to try switching things up and be sneaky, though it's never exactly what anybody would call subtle.
Jul 9, 2:11 AM

Jul 2023
Reply to anime-prime
@deg Ishinashi is still around. He moves around to different areas on MAL to try switching things up and be sneaky, though it's never exactly what anybody would call subtle.
@anime-prime this kind of thing really happen

Jul 9, 2:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to anime-prime
@anime-prime He now only tries to harass people on their personal pages, since his appearance on the forum will instantly expose him. For example, he recently insulted me because of mention of gay side couple in one of the recent anime about youkai.
Jul 9, 2:18 AM

Apr 2024
"Reduce harmful content" = Negative responses regarding shit AI translations.
Bravo CR, bravo. Outstanding move
Jul 9, 2:19 AM
Feb 2014
Reply to RobertBobert
@anime-prime He now only tries to harass people on their personal pages, since his appearance on the forum will instantly expose him. For example, he recently insulted me because of mention of gay side couple in one of the recent anime about youkai.
@RobertBobert Which Youkai anime has a gay side couple??? And was it actually gay or just left up to interpretation/speculation?

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jul 9, 2:24 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Dauphine
@RobertBobert Which Youkai anime has a gay side couple??? And was it actually gay or just left up to interpretation/speculation?
@Dauphine Tonari no Youkai-san. I won't go into detail because it is revealed gradually through a series of scenes and is not immediately stated directly. But this is clearly not fanon or headcanon, they even directly confirmed the sexuality of one of the characters to make it as clear as possible.
Jul 9, 2:27 AM
Jul 2020
Hey... I've seen this one, its a classic move!
Jul 9, 2:30 AM

Feb 2024
I've never visited Crunchyroll, but are the comments on Crunchyroll so terrible?
Jul 9, 2:32 AM
Feb 2014
Reply to RobertBobert
@Dauphine Tonari no Youkai-san. I won't go into detail because it is revealed gradually through a series of scenes and is not immediately stated directly. But this is clearly not fanon or headcanon, they even directly confirmed the sexuality of one of the characters to make it as clear as possible.
@RobertBobert Oh...ok, thank you for telling me, i thought it was just a case of people putting on their fujoshi glasses again.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Jul 9, 2:36 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Dauphine
@RobertBobert Oh...ok, thank you for telling me, i thought it was just a case of people putting on their fujoshi glasses again.
@Dauphine It's hard to call things shipping goggles when the character is explicitly confirmed to be bisexual in order to bring maximum clarity to the question.
Jul 9, 3:10 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Woke platform. Everything they do is woke. Censorship and removal of "problematic" scenes in anime. Now they removed the comment section to "protect" the 1% of mentally ill snowflakes who might get "offended" by seeing words on their screen. What a clown world we live in.
Jul 9, 3:19 AM

Sep 2016
Stupid, if anyone finds a comment section to be harmful, then just don't read it. People need to learn how ignoring something works.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 9, 3:19 AM
May 2023
It’s honestly about time Crunchyroll removed comments across the board. For years I have seen people leave comments that they never should’ve made on shows and on news articles. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe any other streaming services allow for comments. There are other plenty of social sites (MAL, Reddit, Twitter, etc.) where fans can connect and find a good community to share their thoughts with.

Seeing the constant barrage of blatant abuse, harassment, hate and homophobia on Crunchyroll has been absolutely devastating for me and I am sure others as well. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone to behave like that. Regardless of your views or beliefs, queer people (and animals) have been on this planet since the dawn of humanity, just like every other human being. If everyone would treat one another with respect, empathy and kindness, then this world wouldn’t be such a crappy place and we could have nice things.
Jul 9, 3:32 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Multilynx
It’s honestly about time Crunchyroll removed comments across the board. For years I have seen people leave comments that they never should’ve made on shows and on news articles. Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe any other streaming services allow for comments. There are other plenty of social sites (MAL, Reddit, Twitter, etc.) where fans can connect and find a good community to share their thoughts with.

Seeing the constant barrage of blatant abuse, harassment, hate and homophobia on Crunchyroll has been absolutely devastating for me and I am sure others as well. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone to behave like that. Regardless of your views or beliefs, queer people (and animals) have been on this planet since the dawn of humanity, just like every other human being. If everyone would treat one another with respect, empathy and kindness, then this world wouldn’t be such a crappy place and we could have nice things.
@Multilynx Social media has all these things too. Even in large quantities, especially twitter. Should we close them too? If so, where do you share your opinion? I doubt that Crunchroll, being such an old and well-known resource, did not have any moderators who could handle it.
RobertBobertJul 9, 4:09 AM
Jul 9, 4:09 AM
May 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Multilynx Social media has all these things too. Even in large quantities, especially twitter. Should we close them too? If so, where do you share your opinion? I doubt that Crunchroll, being such an old and well-known resource, did not have any moderators who could handle it.
@RobertBobert

I do not believe that social media sites should be closed. So long as they maintain adequate moderation that is as fair and as equal as possible. Social media is there for people to share their thoughts. A streaming service or news site not allowing comments is perfectly acceptable.

I think people have gotten too comfortable sharing their opinions all the time without giving much thought or consideration to how their opinions might affect someone else or how their words may impact their own lives. Everything in moderation, even moderation.

There was a time when the only way to share one’s opinion was by calling someone on the phone, seeing others in person, or mailing a handwritten letter. 😉
Jul 9, 4:15 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Multilynx
@RobertBobert

I do not believe that social media sites should be closed. So long as they maintain adequate moderation that is as fair and as equal as possible. Social media is there for people to share their thoughts. A streaming service or news site not allowing comments is perfectly acceptable.

I think people have gotten too comfortable sharing their opinions all the time without giving much thought or consideration to how their opinions might affect someone else or how their words may impact their own lives. Everything in moderation, even moderation.

There was a time when the only way to share one’s opinion was by calling someone on the phone, seeing others in person, or mailing a handwritten letter. 😉
@Multilynx Then why should Crunchroll close comments over things that aren't difficult to moderate? This is not a vague dispute about ships, this is literal homophobia with the gay show being declared "gay propaganda." Imagine if MAL shut down all discussion because of Ishinashi.
Jul 9, 4:27 AM

Jun 2019
It's the IMDB fiasco all over again. I don't have a Crunchyroll account, don't watch anything on their website or indeed even visit their website so this decision has no personal effect on me. But this type of behavior will never stop on the part of these companies as long as enough people - more specifically enough of the relevant people - those they actually have any financial incentive to care about the stance of - i.e. their primary shareholders and customer base which generates the revenue - don't stand up to them and challenge and resist such actions as soon as they appear.

Absolutely disgusting and beyond contempt, but this is exactly a scenario which has been repeated too many times now across years in too many different places and forms, and will likely only continue as long as they don't receive a powerful answer in turn in the form of sufficient pushback.

IMDB still deserves and has fully earned all the ire and disgust for what they did all those years ago and I hope they never live it down.

Utterly without any valid justification whatsoever.

Multilynx said:
Seeing the constant barrage of blatant abuse, harassment, hate and homophobia on Crunchyroll has been absolutely devastating for me and I am sure others as well.

Literally just don't read it if something is that annoying or upsetting to you personally. That goes for anyone. The idea that websites should be purged of viewer and user discussions and debates, feedback, etc. is completely absurd, be it forums to discuss anime and other forms of media and other art and hobbyist forums, comment sections on YouTube videos or news articles (censoring of the latter of which has picked up exponentially in recent years and is a large part of this current wave in recent years of fervor on the part of some militants to try to purge and police everywhere else in the same manner).

No one needs to be protected from being exposed to opinions that they disagree with, may dislike or even disdain and abhor. That's ludicrous. It's an individual's responsibility to either be able to handle hearing and seeing views and content they disagree with or simply tune out, change the channel, click away from the website, etc., if they don't feel they are emotionally mature and tolerant enough to do so. I see, read, and hear things I dislike and disagree with all day every day on the internet, TV, and out in the world. I probably disagree with 99% of people on 99%+ of things, like you right now on this issue. That's reality. Censoring it is unjustifiable and shouldn't be seriously contemplated or catered to. It was a healthier world and environment when consideration of such wasn't even an option or even humored, and still is healthier in mediums and venues where that remains the case.
WatchTillTandavaJul 9, 4:44 AM
Jul 9, 4:28 AM
May 2023
Reply to RobertBobert
@Multilynx Then why should Crunchroll close comments over things that aren't difficult to moderate? This is not a vague dispute about ships, this is literal homophobia with the gay show being declared "gay propaganda." Imagine if MAL shut down all discussion because of Ishinashi.
@RobertBobert Admittedly I have no knowledge of the inner workings of Crunchyroll, so I’m not certain why they would close the comments section. Perhaps CR found it too difficult to manage? Or maybe the comments were so full of inappropriate remarks that CR felt like they were no longer adding value? The comments were not turned off because of a single show. Again, there’s been plenty of inappropriate comments on myriad shows and news articles for years.
Jul 9, 4:38 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Multilynx
@RobertBobert Admittedly I have no knowledge of the inner workings of Crunchyroll, so I’m not certain why they would close the comments section. Perhaps CR found it too difficult to manage? Or maybe the comments were so full of inappropriate remarks that CR felt like they were no longer adding value? The comments were not turned off because of a single show. Again, there’s been plenty of inappropriate comments on myriad shows and news articles for years.
@Multilynx For example, what kind? What deg provided is so blatantly wrong that I don't think they would have much trouble moderating it. This is not only completely delusional (what kind of weirdo would believe that someone would license BL anime to promote "gay propaganda"?), but also clearly involves an organized flashmob using bots from external resources. Most of them either used the same text or registered on the site specifically to lower the show's rating.
Jul 9, 5:02 AM

Feb 2023
I was pretty surprised when the comment section was suddenly gone. I particularly liked it as a platform to talk about the Crunchyroll subtitles / dubs, especially for languages other than English. I'm usually happy with the translations (at least the German ones) but in the cases where something stood out, the Crunchyroll comment section was by far the best place to talk about it.

Hopefully it's just because of "hateful content" and Crunchyroll not wanting to pay for moderators.
With changes like that, I always fear it's also meant to silence criticism and any kind of unwanted discussions. Especially if they want to save more money on translation and quality control, getting rid of their comment section to not let the users talk with each other might not be a bad strategy for them. Sure, Crunchyroll owns the platform and I really hope I'm just overreacting, but I don't feel comfortable with it.
VaturnaJul 9, 5:49 AM
Jul 9, 5:32 AM

Jan 2018
the rich will get richer, animators stay overworked with minimal wage.
Jul 9, 5:47 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to deg
@deg I don't know if it's more disgusting or more pathetic
Jul 9, 5:59 AM

Feb 2021
It doesn't matter to me, I don't use CR, only get series from them on torrent sites.
MemoreJul 9, 6:11 AM
Jul 9, 6:01 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Guilmon1
@deg I don't know if it's more disgusting or more pathetic
@Guilmon1 Both together. Because now these idiots will be a very easy excuse for any closing of comments and reviews.
Jul 9, 6:04 AM

Sep 2018
Even review websites are trying to hide and remove negative feedback for stuff like movies and games. It is very clear to me censorship is the future for tech since even over a decade ago.
Jul 9, 6:54 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to deg
@deg
Guys, no. This is highly likely not the reason for takedown. The past couple of days CR caught flak because they were allegedly using AI subs for that deer anime. CR already talked about using AI for their subs in the future here: https://www.polygon.com/anime/24092569/crunchyroll-ai-subtitles-funimation-account-updates-interview

...and already got caught and taken down a bunch of comments and an episode for a different anime back in Fall 2023 for it here:https://nichegamer.com/crunchyroll-criticized-over-awful-subtitles-for-the-yuzuki-familys-four-sons/

They have been allegedly pulling this trick to their less popular shows for a while now. But now this deer anime, which became unexpectedly popular, didn't have good professional subs to go along with it. So it's speculated that the bad subs are a third party translation team CR hired on the spot that made these crappy translations. This negative attention caught up with a bunch of entertainment news sites here:https://www.cbr.com/my-deer-friend-nokotan-viral-subtitle-controversy/
This also created a disgruntled audience that voiced their opinion en masse in various comments sections. So instead of closing down just that one show's comment section like they had before, they shut down every comment section on the site.

The negative rating/comment-bombing on gay shows is order of magnitudes a smaller controversy. Bleeding paying customers because of cheap/AI translations are more likely to make CR pull the plug this quickly.
Jul 9, 6:56 AM

Jan 2009
Reply to foxsurprise
@deg
Guys, no. This is highly likely not the reason for takedown. The past couple of days CR caught flak because they were allegedly using AI subs for that deer anime. CR already talked about using AI for their subs in the future here: https://www.polygon.com/anime/24092569/crunchyroll-ai-subtitles-funimation-account-updates-interview

...and already got caught and taken down a bunch of comments and an episode for a different anime back in Fall 2023 for it here:https://nichegamer.com/crunchyroll-criticized-over-awful-subtitles-for-the-yuzuki-familys-four-sons/

They have been allegedly pulling this trick to their less popular shows for a while now. But now this deer anime, which became unexpectedly popular, didn't have good professional subs to go along with it. So it's speculated that the bad subs are a third party translation team CR hired on the spot that made these crappy translations. This negative attention caught up with a bunch of entertainment news sites here:https://www.cbr.com/my-deer-friend-nokotan-viral-subtitle-controversy/
This also created a disgruntled audience that voiced their opinion en masse in various comments sections. So instead of closing down just that one show's comment section like they had before, they shut down every comment section on the site.

The negative rating/comment-bombing on gay shows is order of magnitudes a smaller controversy. Bleeding paying customers because of cheap/AI translations are more likely to make CR pull the plug this quickly.
@foxsurprise i will take your word for it since im just reading the news article i link in the first post
Jul 9, 7:33 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to deg
@foxsurprise i will take your word for it since im just reading the news article i link in the first post
@deg
The AI subs debacle has been brewing for a while now. And given CR's attitude in cutting corners to pay their VAs and translators in the past, AND their previous history of closing comments/removing episodes when negativity of their products is unavoidable, I'd wager it's the bad subs. You can ignore hateful comments as a customer, but bad translations when that's their main product? Not so much. They have to hide that knowledge from paying customers as much as possible.
You could say bigoted comments is also a part of it, ie. "woke translators" dilemma, see (understandably) Dragon Maid and (not understandably) Nagatoro fiasco. But bad subs are still the focal point of it. It's been a problem that's been brewing for a while and the deer anime controversy that popped up the past couple of days was the tipping point.

No clue if there'll be more moderation in the future, or they've permanently closed down the comments.
Jul 9, 7:56 AM

Nov 2022
Nah I hope nothing like this happens to MAL, I like reading and writing stuff here :(
Jul 9, 8:10 AM

Feb 2021
foxsurprise said:
Ironic, cause I've seen a lot of anime pirates praising them for using AI subs, so I thought that was what people wanted....

https://x.com/NerdAthleticz/status/1810115373120753876
https://x.com/jeoc42/status/1810155478141305290
https://x.com/kurufal/status/1810341942619992575
Jul 9, 8:32 AM

Apr 2023
I was wondering why they suddenly weren't showing up anymore... not that you get a huge sense of community going through them but it's always nice seeing *some* interactions. And it was a great way to learn little tidbits about older shows if you came across them.
Jul 9, 8:48 AM

Feb 2018
Reply to MadanielFL
foxsurprise said:
Ironic, cause I've seen a lot of anime pirates praising them for using AI subs, so I thought that was what people wanted....

@MadanielFL
I know these types of people. I've seen them on social media. They want AI because they believe that it'll remove all the biases translators have towards "wokeness" bs. Sometimes, perfectly understandable. But these vocal minorities is just that, a minority. That's not to say that there isn't a sizable chunk of an audience that, at minimum, rolls their eyes on said biases. But as long as the rest of the translations are cohesive and it's not truely intrusive in the "woke agenda" beyond a line or two in an episode, most won't pick up a pitchfork.

However, those loud minorities do seem like the majority when they say they prefer AI...until the clunky, incoherent mess of a translation makes people struggle to even understand what's going on. Then the silent majority has a bone to pick. Remember, incoherence and deep biases that affect the entire episode will result in massive backlash. Hence, CR pulling the plug on comments section.

Keep in mind that this is all speculation on my part, can't exactly prove that this is the case beyond some personal observations.

edit *I use "woke" in quotes because it's a cringey word that lost all meaning. A lot of irrational and/or overreactive people use that word nowadays. But I used it like that to provide examples.*
foxsurpriseJul 9, 9:09 AM
Jul 9, 8:57 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to MadanielFL
foxsurprise said:

@MadanielFL No, its viewed as a lesser evil compared to these Western localizers. It would be best to have humans that don't insert anything but exact translations, with translator notes if necessary. Don't know why you love and defend Crunchyroll so much.
Jul 9, 9:06 AM

Feb 2021
ForgotEyeWasHere said:
No, its viewed as a lesser evil compared to these Western localizers. It would be best to have humans that don't insert anything but exact translations, with translator notes if necessary. Don't know why you love and defend Crunchyroll so much.
Well, anyone who knows anything about the industry, would know that CR subs are far better than most other services out there, and this is not just me saying, experienced anime pirates and fansubbers all say the same thing.

Most of the "woke localizers" that people hate actually work for Hidive and not CR.
Jul 9, 9:12 AM

Oct 2017
I'm not all too surprised considering the comments sections were a bit of a dumpster fire and only available on the PC version to my knowledge. Besides I don't really think enough people used them anyway compared to other sites like Reddit and MAL for serious discussions
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Jul 9, 9:17 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to MadanielFL
foxsurprise said:

@MadanielFL
You're the only one who cares what those people think.
その目だれの目?
Jul 9, 9:17 AM

Mar 2013
Reply to foxsurprise
@MadanielFL
I know these types of people. I've seen them on social media. They want AI because they believe that it'll remove all the biases translators have towards "wokeness" bs. Sometimes, perfectly understandable. But these vocal minorities is just that, a minority. That's not to say that there isn't a sizable chunk of an audience that, at minimum, rolls their eyes on said biases. But as long as the rest of the translations are cohesive and it's not truely intrusive in the "woke agenda" beyond a line or two in an episode, most won't pick up a pitchfork.

However, those loud minorities do seem like the majority when they say they prefer AI...until the clunky, incoherent mess of a translation makes people struggle to even understand what's going on. Then the silent majority has a bone to pick. Remember, incoherence and deep biases that affect the entire episode will result in massive backlash. Hence, CR pulling the plug on comments section.

Keep in mind that this is all speculation on my part, can't exactly prove that this is the case beyond some personal observations.

edit *I use "woke" in quotes because it's a cringey word that lost all meaning. A lot of irrational and/or overreactive people use that word nowadays. But I used it like that to provide examples.*
foxsurprise said:
I know these types of people. I've seen them on social media. They want AI because they believe that it'll remove all the biases translators have towards "wokeness" bs. Sometimes, perfectly understandable.

Understandable that they think it would remove bias, but machine learning has to pull its data somewhere. AI is not an arbiter of unbiased judgement, rather it has often further ingrained biases into the systems in which it operates. We have seen this in policing, we have seen this in healthcare, and we have seen this in housing.

Data is not perfectly objective. Surveying the political opinions of everyone in Ohio is different than that of New York. We as people need to understand that AI, and often technology, are not panaceas to social problems.

OT: I don’t really care for comments, and think this Crunchyroll just downsizing itself to avoid some extra cost. It is a shame, but personally I don’t attach too much importance to them or the idea that comments were used to criticize their recent AI usage.
PeripheralVisionJul 9, 9:20 AM
Jul 9, 9:20 AM

Feb 2023
Reply to MadanielFL
ForgotEyeWasHere said:
No, its viewed as a lesser evil compared to these Western localizers. It would be best to have humans that don't insert anything but exact translations, with translator notes if necessary. Don't know why you love and defend Crunchyroll so much.
Well, anyone who knows anything about the industry, would know that CR subs are far better than most other services out there, and this is not just me saying, experienced anime pirates and fansubbers all say the same thing.

Most of the "woke localizers" that people hate actually work for Hidive and not CR.
@MadanielFL I didn't say anything about "woke". And Crunchyroll being the best in the industry is an incredibly low bar. While their subtitles are marginally better than HiDive, Crunchyroll is worse about censoring video footage and audio than others.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is your favorite arc in Hajime no Ippo?

Rally- - 2 hours ago

4 by RainyEvenings »»
12 minutes ago

» Subbing of Chinese/Korean Names in Anime

Quadruple_Oi - 4 hours ago

7 by Quadruple_Oi »»
15 minutes ago

» Do you appreciate the weirdness of anime or is it something you just tolerate?

Anjuro - Yesterday

43 by rohan121 »»
21 minutes ago

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

233 by MasterTasuke »»
35 minutes ago

» Do you have a "bad" or "mid" anime that you just cannot forget and often come back to?

NothingFound - Yesterday

24 by Sadahon »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.