Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 6, 9:23 PM
May 2017
This made me very happy. I forgot how absolutely unhinged Tsukihi can be.
Jul 6, 9:38 PM

Nov 2014
My fav anime is back <3
And...
Hyouka reference??? Lol
Jul 6, 11:00 PM
Sep 2022
the goat anime is back!!!! im so happy this anime is back
honestly one of the best episodes of anything that i have ever watched, the visuals got sooo much better than previous seasons and the story is absolute peak just by the first episode already
Jul 6, 11:12 PM

Oct 2016
I can't believe I am actually gonna be able to watch a Monogatari season weekly. I binged Monogatari back in 2021, but I put Zoku Owarimonogatari on hold until last week, cause I never wanted it to end, but now we're actually here, with Off & Monster Season.

Nothing else will ever give me the same experience that the Monogatari Series gives me, it's so good to be back. I am so glad that the style and directing remains unchanged, at least I haven't noticed any significant changes.

Nadeko has grown so much, I mean not just height wise, but as a person as well, it's great to see. I also hope best girl Kaiki is doing well wherever he is, I hope we see him again at some point. Also, had to do this when I saw that Nadeko art being referenced.

It's so cool as well to know more about the Phoenix as well. It's crazy that as part of its survivability, it can also erase any mental trauma, hearing this, it makes so much sense why Tsukihi is the chaotic being that she is. Poor Ononoki though, cannot eat her ice cream in peace without another magical girl incident.

Let us all kneel to our God Hachikuji.
Jul 7, 12:24 AM

Aug 2019
Man I do not think i could describe in words just how happy i am to see the Monogatari series continued to be animated, this series absolutely amazed me start to finish when i binged it during 2019 quarantine and so very quickly became my favourite series because of how unique and beautiful it was. I'm so happy some of the original directors and screen directors came back to continue with a future season, cus man seeing the unique visuals, animation, screenplay and characters once again after so many years was enough to make me shed tears, it's like they never left.
I may not of caught any of the previous seasons live, but by God did the wait feel long and Jesus did the announcement of a new season bring me joy. Being able to watch the rest of the series animated, and new season live, feels like one of the best time line for me. Also 31 minutes of screen time per episode is a welcome surprise for sure, pretty sure that makes this season have the longest screen time length per episode in the series, which i'm not gonna complain about at all.

Seeing Ononoki and Tsukihi interactions were great, an interesting pairing with funny as shit results. I really liked seeing more of Ononoki's perspective on life as a being that experienced death and rebirth, i thought the way she explained how her, Araragi and Nadeko can all be considered the same in terms of "human turned into apparition", Araragi the vampire and Nadeko the Snake God were both still able to find a way out whist she is now in a state of complete irreversibility, therefore she views them as "survivors" that she "just wants to support" which is a really heart touching line and one that makes her feel more human.

Was great seeing Nadeko again, Nadeko snake God arc was a crazy final appearance and ending for her before this season. Nice to see she's living some what better, it also just clocked with me how Nadeko and Ononoki have never met formally, and their first meeting consisted of Ononoki pounding on Nadeko's window and introducing herself as a magica girl while covered in vegetable oil.

The OST already sounds brilliant even if we're still on ep1. Another thing that made the series stand out for me was the OSTs, and i'm already inclined to believe Satoru Kosaki, once again, cooked VERY well with this season.

I think i've laid it out enough, but i'm again, so happy to see more from this series and cannot wait to see what this season has.
Code0018Jul 7, 12:50 AM
Jul 7, 1:15 AM

Apr 2008
That was everything incredible about the series wrapped up in one single tight episode.
Jul 7, 1:45 AM

Jul 2024
I wish there is more jokes in this season lmao

The end got me. R Ononoki will doing the same thing again rofl
Jul 7, 1:46 AM

Jul 2024
Reply to Sweec
My fav anime is back <3
And...
Hyouka reference??? Lol
@Sweec u said it i just realized it haha
Jul 7, 2:35 AM
Aug 2018
Yeay Peace Peace is back
Jul 7, 2:56 AM

Oct 2019
A constellation of four characters with their own, wholly unique relation to aspirations and hardships. Nadeko is simultaneously the happiest and most fulfilled, but also the most unstable, as she embraces the hardships and values them. Yotsugi sees this as something positive and desirable, but doesn't quite understand it due to her nature. Tsukihi likewise has a natural inclination to avoid hardships, however she's unaware of this and is entirely a victim to her nature. Unlike Yotsugi, she has no way to willingly change. At the end, we get a brief visit from Hachikuji, who, in a sense, is the very opposite to Nadeko. She's extremely powerful and also omniscient, causing her not to struggle with any task. Funnily enough, Yotsugi expresses a similar position when she talks about being able to kill anyone anytime. But only when things get out of hand and she runs from the snail with her power diminished, does she express emotion about herself and her survival.

A goddamn 30-minute masterclass on thematic writing and character constellation. We're so fucking back!
Jul 7, 4:17 AM

Jan 2024
GOAT (noun)
UK /ÉĄÉ™ÊŠt/ US /ÉĄoʊt/

abbreviation for Greatest Of All Time:
(used to describe or refer to a person or thing that is considered to be the best ever in a particular field, category, etc.)

"Monogatari is the GOAT"
Jul 7, 4:21 AM
Mar 2021
kuroneko99 said:
90 % of the episode consists of monotonous monologue and it's exhausting.

Someone has never watched Monogatari and it shows
Jul 7, 5:04 AM

Aug 2013
This was probably the best Monogatari episode since Second Season
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 7, 5:12 AM

Apr 2018
It's been years since I've last seen the serie and bought a couple manga volumes from it.
I completely forgot about this one, but it seems to be exactly the same from what I was watching back then. Good to see Yotsugi back with the rest of the gang. Sadly. we won't see our king.
But it's a masterpiece visual wise.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 7, 6:45 AM
Oct 2020
We are so back!!!!
Jul 7, 6:57 AM

Oct 2021
Wasn't there like 100+ replies in this thread? How come it went down significantly to 60+?
Jul 7, 10:39 AM

Mar 2020
its finally back, time for the girls storyline
feels like nothing changed, the visuals the dialogues (especially the monologues)
Jul 7, 11:25 AM
Aug 2022
Guy's we are so back with this.
Jul 7, 11:26 AM

Jul 2023
Peakkkkkkkkkk. Simply outstanding. Whole ep was amazing
Talent is something to nurture, and wisdom is something to hone

Jul 7, 12:05 PM
Aug 2020
Mano, essa volta de Monogatari foi cinema dmais cara, to mt feliz em poder acompanhar isso semanalmente.
Jul 7, 1:03 PM

Aug 2013
LMAO I have no idea what I watched
Jul 7, 2:10 PM

Feb 2016
God it feels good to be back to Monogatari anime goodness
Great start episode to start off the season. This episode made me like Yotsugi alot more lmao.
Tsukihi still as crazy as ever. Tried to light up poor Yotsugi on fire 💀 Menace but was funny as hell though.

Hachikuji popping up out of the woodwork surprised me though. A welcome surprise all the same though

ED was also really good and catchy. Dunno why some people are mixed on it
Jul 7, 2:50 PM

May 2023
OK I swear this had a 7 score when I checked yesterday but now it's at 8.96. That's a fast turn around.
Jul 7, 3:24 PM
Dec 2018
Reply to ricejelly
We’re so fucking BACK!!

It really does feel like nothing changed; in fact the visuals reminded me more of Bakemonogatari than the later seasons did.

Tsukihi as always been one of my fav girls so it’s nice to see her in the spotlight again.

I can’t wait for the next one!
@ricejelly Having a live action shoot made me so happy, just like in Bakemonogatari.
Jul 7, 6:38 PM

Aug 2008
I was afraid that after years since the latest season, I would lost interest in this series and it not being as good as the others. Man, I was worried for nothing! WE BACK BABY
Jul 7, 7:04 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Damn, how I missed Monogatari. Since I first saw it all those years ago when only Bake existed, the blend of amazing dialogue, unique visuals, top notch voice acting really put it on a category of its own.

Missing Koyomi and Gahara. Look forward to seeing them show up at some point
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 7, 9:24 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to HidamariSou
OK I swear this had a 7 score when I checked yesterday but now it's at 8.96. That's a fast turn around.
@HidamariSou mal takes a bit time to properly count the score. So at least wait for 5-6 hours.
Jul 7, 11:11 PM
Dec 2017
It was, indeed, peak
Jul 8, 1:00 AM
Apr 2020
feet scenes were awesome
Jul 8, 1:21 AM

May 2021
We back in town boys. Looks like an epilogue of sorts. Glad to see Yotsugi and Mayoi fulfilling their roles as observer and god respectively. Also, all of this happened coz of a freaking ice cream. And where did that ice cream come from? Yeah, that's right, you know who it is, go hunt him down Yotsugi.

Jul 8, 4:56 AM
Oct 2020
Really enjoyed it. I watched the first episode twice already; it was that amazing for me. 
Jul 8, 7:39 AM
Jun 2020
Peak fiction has returned, and I am excited to once again indulge in this series once again.
Jul 8, 8:54 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Code0018
Man I do not think i could describe in words just how happy i am to see the Monogatari series continued to be animated, this series absolutely amazed me start to finish when i binged it during 2019 quarantine and so very quickly became my favourite series because of how unique and beautiful it was. I'm so happy some of the original directors and screen directors came back to continue with a future season, cus man seeing the unique visuals, animation, screenplay and characters once again after so many years was enough to make me shed tears, it's like they never left.
I may not of caught any of the previous seasons live, but by God did the wait feel long and Jesus did the announcement of a new season bring me joy. Being able to watch the rest of the series animated, and new season live, feels like one of the best time line for me. Also 31 minutes of screen time per episode is a welcome surprise for sure, pretty sure that makes this season have the longest screen time length per episode in the series, which i'm not gonna complain about at all.

Seeing Ononoki and Tsukihi interactions were great, an interesting pairing with funny as shit results. I really liked seeing more of Ononoki's perspective on life as a being that experienced death and rebirth, i thought the way she explained how her, Araragi and Nadeko can all be considered the same in terms of "human turned into apparition", Araragi the vampire and Nadeko the Snake God were both still able to find a way out whist she is now in a state of complete irreversibility, therefore she views them as "survivors" that she "just wants to support" which is a really heart touching line and one that makes her feel more human.

Was great seeing Nadeko again, Nadeko snake God arc was a crazy final appearance and ending for her before this season. Nice to see she's living some what better, it also just clocked with me how Nadeko and Ononoki have never met formally, and their first meeting consisted of Ononoki pounding on Nadeko's window and introducing herself as a magica girl while covered in vegetable oil.

The OST already sounds brilliant even if we're still on ep1. Another thing that made the series stand out for me was the OSTs, and i'm already inclined to believe Satoru Kosaki, once again, cooked VERY well with this season.

I think i've laid it out enough, but i'm again, so happy to see more from this series and cannot wait to see what this season has.
Code0018 said:
Also 31 minutes of screen time per episode is a welcome surprise for sure, pretty sure that makes this season have the longest screen time length per episode in the series, which i'm not gonna complain about at all.

It won't always be 30 minutes, the episodes will be of free length, but that doesn't mean always longer. For example, the next episode will be in a 30-minute slot, which minus commercials would make it about the usual 20 minutes
Jul 8, 9:24 AM
Jul 2020
LO AMOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jul 8, 12:00 PM
May 2024
visual in one moment surprised me and all in gatari style, what could be better
Jul 8, 1:45 PM
Jul 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, Monogatari Series is back; revived the anime. 🚬
Jul 8, 4:13 PM
Jan 2024
masterpice comeback litt
Jul 8, 4:59 PM
Jun 2017
i love this episode, is monogatari back
Jul 8, 8:22 PM
May 2021
The anime of the season.
Jul 8, 8:45 PM
Jul 2023
Finally this masterpiece is back, thanks Shaft
Jul 9, 12:57 AM

Feb 2019
Epic Comeback for PEAKGATARI đŸ”„
Jul 9, 8:15 AM
Oct 2020
Man experience Monogatari again just remind me this show is really on another tier compared to most of anime nowadays...
Jul 9, 1:51 PM
Oct 2020
Reply to kuroneko99
90 % of the episode consists of monotonous monologue and it's exhausting.
@kuroneko99 but you cant say that it was nothing but fluff when Yotsugi was talking about the new findings of the shinobird it was an amazing piece of monologue
Jul 10, 5:57 AM
Feb 2023
new narrator, Ononoki Yotsugi also new interaction with Araragi Tsukihi

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jul 10, 2:44 PM

Apr 2019
"Peace, peace"

Monogatari is back baby! Which means that I have something to look forward to watching on Saturdays this summer. Man, it's been a solid 3 almost 4 years since I started and finished this series. So needless to say, I'm bloody pumped that we have a new Monogatari coming out.
Jul 10, 11:54 PM
Jan 2015
tuve que ver de nuevo la serie, 6 años pasaron muy lento. Hoy mi corazón vuelve a latir.
Jul 11, 4:27 AM

Jun 2023
Now that MTBB subs are out,

it’s so nice to have Monogatari back
Jul 11, 1:31 PM
Sep 2022
Estupendo, valio totalmente la espera
Jul 13, 12:19 PM

Jan 2023
It's interesting how sometimes the resolution of an arc will end with another problem arising, just for it to never be resolved or mentioned again. Like at the end of the first arc of bakemonogatari when Araragi checks the scale and finds out he gained a bunch of weight, as if it's some kind of punchline.
Jul 13, 5:33 PM
Feb 2021
What a smart ending playing with the chapters like Nekomonogatari shiro, also the new director incorporating more live action shots like Bake is really cool and exciting
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is the ONA tag the reason why so few people rated it?

LilShorky - Yesterday

32 by slugdirsh »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Off & Monster Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 13

74 by Kaito62 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Off & Monster Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jul 20

55 by ropiel »»
11 hours ago

» What's the deal with all the girls getting shorter hair?

moonlordt - Jul 20

17 by LeonhartAugust »»
Yesterday, 9:31 PM

» OPs for this season

masterwinner21 - Jul 20

4 by futuretechfreak »»
Jul 20, 9:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.