Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 3, 5:38 AM

Feb 2016
The ending song is fire
Jul 3, 7:12 AM

Apr 2012
I don't know how the story will develop further, but it gives me some creepy vibes due to a person's obsession with an obvious robot without much (yet?) personality.
Jul 3, 8:45 AM

Aug 2022
This robot wife is so cute oh my god I can't stop smiling looking at them.

So we will see Takuma and Mina's daily lives full of their cuteness and wholesomeness. I wonder how Takuma managed to get Mina in the first place.

RafaBryanJul 3, 8:50 AM
Jul 3, 12:35 PM
Jul 2022
This looks like it could be good. Would be funny if he called her Siri, just to see what would happen.
Jul 3, 1:55 PM

Nov 2013
i mean, it was kinda cute at moments, i know i'll watch obviously ep2/3 but i'm not sure if i can enjoy this type of anime for 12 episodes lol
i like her hardworking and honest personality robonality (?) but i'm not sure if i like the design, from the closed mouth to how they show her metalic neck and stuff

tho, based on the ending song, maybe she will use different clothes and... even show emotions

i could see myself marrying a robot too since i'd have no chance (or patience) to have a relationship with a woman ... "xD"
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jul 3, 2:13 PM

Oct 2020
Perhaps this is just meant as entertainment and we all have to remember that it’s fiction, or perhaps this is a dystopian hint as to where we’re going as a society and this is taking the likes of The Twilight Zone and Blade Runner to their natural conclusions. A robot/AI wife to a young loner who drinks too much…I am amused and fearful all at once.
Jul 4, 1:30 AM

Feb 2017
Wow this is strange. That dude needs therapy.
These care-taking anime are an unhealthy fantasy.
Jul 4, 4:21 AM
Feb 2015
Kinda cute, it mysterious that Mina can disobey master and make her own decision like throwing the beer and that sauce drawing
Jul 4, 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
Hand-Maid May and Chobits for a newer audience.
First ep was cute...
She was pre-owned, might be some funky programming waiting to come out besides it having access to the internet (think MS-Tay).
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Jul 4, 4:09 PM
Oct 2023
Such a cute beginning!
Jul 4, 4:18 PM

Feb 2012
is this gonna be Reiwa Chobits

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 5, 4:21 AM

Nov 2023
The first episode was quite funny. I'm curious to see what they'll do with 12 episodes. I hope it's not just these kinds of interactions between the two main characters, as that could get boring.
Jul 5, 6:28 AM
Apr 2018
It got old, very quick. Enough said really.
Jul 5, 8:21 AM
Jul 2021
Read the manga for this. Not exactly the voice I imagined for Mina-chan, but that’s because with her later personality I just expected her voice to be different.
For a lot of the speculations and questions by a lot of the commenters on here, most things are addressed in some way later on in the series, but I am not sure how much is going to be adapted in this season.
Also. The Amazon tagline for volume 1 of this manga calls it a “bittersweet love story”. And it very much is. It is fun and cute and wholesome, but you get glimpses into things behind the scenes and it is a bit sad. Don’t think that’s much of a spoiler since this whole first episode is that he is lonely and falls in love with a robot. I so want to talk more about that. But I think it is better for everyone to just watch the series and see what happens.
Jul 5, 10:59 AM
Aug 2020
This guy must be really broken to flirt with a robo.
Jul 5, 11:45 AM

Jun 2020
Thats has more potential to be psychological horror that romance for now
Jul 5, 1:43 PM

Jun 2015
That was very cute. It reminds me of Chobits. This kinda gives me the feeling that can take a wrong turn.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 5, 4:26 PM

Jun 2019
Funny anime. The guy MC reminds me of Hololive fans.
Jul 5, 8:38 PM

May 2017
Reply to Thoguht
So this is Chobits for the 21st century. Not all that impressed so far, but I suppose I wish my rice cooker could make omurice too.

If nothing else, this has made me want to watch Chobits again.
@Thoguht I've read most of the manga and "Chobits for the 21 century" isn't a bad description.
Jul 6, 8:44 AM
Feb 2021
It's worth watching.
Jul 6, 10:18 AM
Aug 2020
Ah, yes, man made horrors beyond my comprehension. Really what the hell am I watching
Jul 6, 10:49 AM
Jan 2016
So far looks like a pretty realistic implementation of humanoid androids into real world. Unfortunately though, most likely we'll start with non-humanoid androids. Definitely not a top quality animation, but the story seems pretty interesting. It would be amazing to have such an appliance to talk to.
Jul 7, 3:09 AM

Mar 2022
weebs all over the world: " WE WANT ROBOT WAIFUS!!!"

Gets one.

He's too shy to talk(!) even to that glorified toaster.

Story this cringe can only come out of japan... for now.
Jul 7, 6:05 AM
May 2019
This show is very triggering for me because it's showing my future, lol
Jul 7, 6:55 AM

Jul 2022
An interesting and strange start due to the relationship forming between the protagonist and a robot, but I've seen stranger things. I don't know how it will continue, but in my mind, I've already created a dramatic story with the company that made Mina trying to take her away because her programming changed, haha.

Given how things are going in the real world, a robot couple isn't that crazy. I think the ED was my favorite part so far.

Jul 8, 2:00 AM

May 2024
More romance slop I see. Honestly I don't get how people are enjoying this, the first episode was boring and cringey. Not a big fan of the animation either, and just a nitpick but it was kinda off putting how she doesn't move her mouth when speaking. I get it's cause she's a robot and all but still
Jul 8, 7:11 PM

Dec 2022
Great first episode. It reminds me of chobits
Jul 8, 10:20 PM
Jul 2020
People seem uncomfortable with it.

That’s literally y’all.

Hence why.

The reception for this anime is the literal greatest example of cope and denial I’ve ever seen.

This is literally the future of lonely men in like half a century or so.
Jul 8, 11:06 PM
Feb 2017
Saw a seinen + romance tag so i got really excited about this anime but i have to quit half way through episode 1.
Mc act and think like shounen virgin teenager.
Drunk on 1 beer can.

Pretty disappointed.
Jul 9, 5:33 AM
Jun 2024
Well, it’s interesting that it gets better in the next ep.
Jul 9, 6:02 PM
Mar 2012
real nice night backgrounds & ost. chill ED
mc maxed out cringe & awkwardness, but they're quite funny sometimes.
Jul 9, 10:08 PM

Aug 2019
That was honestly better than I was expecting. I'll stick around for now, but I can already tell this MC is going to get on my nerves lol
Jul 10, 1:49 AM
Dec 2022
great episode >_<
reminded me so much of chobits! i think i’ll like it
Jul 12, 4:15 PM

May 2015
This is gonna be sooo good. It really feels like a blast to the past, reminding me of My Wife is a High School Girl and Chobits. Cant wait to see more and probably last episode see her smile.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 12, 7:27 PM
Oct 2019
I'm going to give it a chance, the first episode was slow and the protagonist is a loser, but I want to see what this show could do afterward.
Jul 13, 8:15 PM
Jul 2023
This seems pretty cute, it’s gonna get old fast though
- Mina seems cute
- The bed scene made me pretty nervous too damn
- idk why he didn’t just buy a girlfriend bot, I’m sure if they have cooking bots those exist too
Jul 14, 8:36 AM
Jul 2015
The premise seems pretty played out and the main thing that I see this one doing that others have not is making the robot girl emotionless. I congratulate them on their attempt at trying to take this premise down a more realistic path but is seems like a pretty cowardly attempt. We all know the type of guy who would develop feelings for a robot girlfriend is gonna just straight to sex pretty early on, hate himself for it and then maybe actually try to build a relationship with it or dispose of the robot to hide their shame. This hemming and hawing of trying to confess feelings and getting the robot to be his wife in a romantic sense and being "respectful" when it is lying in bed next to him is annoyingly bland and unrealistic. If you are gonna go the emotionless robot route why not include the incel route as well.
Jul 14, 8:45 AM
Jul 2015
Reply to Estoy_Gordo
I'm getting Chobits and Time of Eve vibes from this series.

A random recipe generated from a list of ingredients in the fridge sounds like a good idea for AI, or an app, which they could pair with an online grocery delivery service.

If AI and robots got this good, I wouldn't mind having a robot do my cleaning/cooking. Although instead of a girl I'd prefer it look like a fluffy red panda, because if I'm going to have my ass kicked or be killed by a yandere robot, I rather it be a cute killer and not an uncanny valley sex doll.
@Estoy_Gordo Thing is if robots are ever made to look human it is because a primary function of them will be sex. Realistically humans that don't want to have sex with robots would rather any robot they get look less human because of the uncanny valley. The only reason human looking robots would be sold under the premise of any other purpose than for sex is if sex robots are so popular that it is cheaper to just reprogram sex robots for other work rather than start with a new design.
Jul 14, 5:04 PM
Oct 2010
Better than expected!
Jul 27, 4:55 PM

Oct 2011
Mina works more like a robot than I would expect for this premise...
I feel like most stories of this type make the robot girl act, talk and looks exactly like a normal person, and "but she is a robot" ends up being almost an addendum on the character's profile

but Mina don't have much expression, don't even move her lips to talk, and do have a more robotic voice...

I like this way... here the main character looks more like a pathetic loser than "living the dream of have a hot robot-girl that does everything he wants living with him", which is usually the vibe on this type of story
Jul 31, 12:41 PM

Jun 2013
Reply to SimpLife
This guy must be really broken to flirt with a robo.
@SimpLife - Many young Men are, look around. Back in my Day it was normal to have had a few girlfriends by age 15 and married by 20-25. Now I have so many juniors that are untested at age 30, thinking about being celibate their whole lives...really depends on your environment but generally speaking the Media has really broken people with unrealistic expectations and biases. Even a machine spouting out attention would fit the bill they are so lonely...
Stay Young and Watch Anime......el psy congroo
Aug 2, 9:53 AM

Mar 2010
I need mina in my life.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 9, 5:40 PM

Oct 2022
The backgrounds look great, but OMFG this guy looks like such a dweeb. And having someone make food for him if he just puts it in the fridge is what it must be like having a wife.... Jesus
Aug 21, 11:02 PM

Mar 2016
The moment I heard of this, you know I've got to watch this... I've seen way too many scenarios of this exact same case both explicit or otherwise in literature, games and other 'media'. I'm curious to see what this show would bring to the table, Though no matter how you go about it, the premise still has me cringing, especially when the MC is FUMBLING OVER A TALKING ROBOT. Nahhh...

If the phrase "Chat, Im sooo cooked" were an anime, well this would be it, and it fits perfectly to the MC who is an overworked salaryman starved of affection from significant other. I'm sure he doesn't mind having his data and personal information be shared with 'third party organizations' as long as he wants Mina to work with her online connection up all the time. Imagine the possibilities you could have with a robot like her, Mina has the potential to be the next generation Trojan horse, shock and awe baby, send them to your enemies, have her steal whatever personal information the target has and then detonate 10kg of C4 blowing your target to smithereens.

Certainly a curious possibility to ponder, not that they'd go as far as any of that in this show lol...

The OP were pretty typical of the slice-of-life type of anime but wow, the ED is a vibe, it's quite sensational. And seeing Mina smile whilst wearing a red dress under the night rain gave me that butterfly in my stomach feelings, I might understand what the MC is feeling...
Aug 26, 4:37 PM
Jul 2023
não estava botando mt fé. assisti mais pelo traço da animação, achei muito fofa e bonita. O primeiro ep me fez interessar pelos próximos, então gostei.
me parece bem esquisito na vdd toda essa coisa, não sei se cai bem um relacionamento com um robô, mas eu estou achando fofo, porém, maluco também.
Sep 17, 5:53 AM
Dec 2021
Unexpextdly good
Sep 24, 5:37 AM
Dec 2022
A man and his robot appliance housekeeper. A rom-com starts when Takuma confesses his desire to Mina to make the robot his wife. Looks promising so far but it can get awkward potentially.
Sep 28, 10:45 PM
Oct 2021
This is the first time I've ever said this, but I think I like the manga better. Takuma has just such an ugly design here, he looks really weird to me, and it's hard to put a finger on why. I think a part of it is his weirdly proportioned face, and tiny pupils. It looks unnerving. Mina is spot on, though.
Sep 30, 11:57 AM

Jun 2022
can make it through some episodes i guess

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 13

74 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 30, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14

59 by winddevil1 »»
Sep 30, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 6

79 by RGreatDanton »»
Sep 30, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 7

42 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 29, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Boku no Tsuma wa Kanjou ga Nai Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 31

41 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 29, 10:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.