Forum Settings
Forums

Who let women into the Boys' Love club? Every single Boys' Love anime to this date is written by women.

New
Jun 19, 6:45 AM

Jul 2023
I need to get this off my chest.

There's a clear, disturbing, malevolent pattern between all Boys' Love anime that have aired to this date: each and EVERY single one of them was written by women. Written by women! Not a single one by a man. What in the actual hell?

Now, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against women. In fact, I think they're great. Lovely creatures. I admire their struggle. But as a straight man, I've always felt like Boys' Love fiction was a safe space for me to explore my own masculinity. A sanctuary, a refuge. The rugged tenderness of male connection, the sinew and soul of our hidden hearts. When women write these stories, the male perspective is just lost in a sea of floral fantasies.

BL used to be about strong bonds between men. It used to be an encouragement of masculinity. But no more. They already have shojo, josei, and all of the simps in the world ready to grovel and worship them at their command. Now they’ve infiltrated our sacred BL anime. Can we have nothing to ourselves? Can't they leave us something? Can't we have just one thing for ourselves?

Dear women, Boys' Love isn't about your fantasies! It's about OURS! Women can't even pick boyfriends for themselves. Look at how incessantly they complain about their exes. Now they have to make two of them? What’s next, women writing yuri? OH WAIT, I FORGOT! THEY'RE TOO BUSY WRITING BOYS LOVE!

Who let them into the club? Who opened the gates, lowered the drawbridge, handed them the keys to our kingdom? Can't we have a secret handshake anymore? Can we have nothing to ourselves?! This is about rightful ownership, damn it! Let me tell you who should write Boys' Love: it should be written BY men, for other men. Just let gay men take the fucking reins.

I earned my rank. I gave a lot for this shit. I was determined to be the best of my field. A lot of people have told me I changed their lives for the better. I faced up to my fears and anxieties. I tolerated it all. This is not why I did what I did.

This isn't about exclusion, it's about truthful ownership and representation. As Boys Love admirers, is our last resort really to boycott women until they cave in to our demands? Why can't they understand that what they are doing is disrespectful? Push me a little fucking bit more and I'll be like those conspiracy crackheads thinking women are doing this to undermine us. Why do I have to stand by and watch while they reduce the spirit of our most private feelings down to a foking fetish?

I'm just tired now. Tired. It's disheartening to see something so personal be appropriated. Just let’s let men write the love they know, the love they live, the love they breathe. The essence of our experience, the nuances of our emotions, the raw, unfiltered truth of our bonds. I hope people get something from this. Thanks for reading my post.
Jun 19, 7:00 AM

Jul 2016
That's not true because Boku no Pico was written by men.

Jun 19, 7:49 AM

Oct 2010
BL written my women mangaka bring in the money, that's all there is
Jun 19, 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
Sorry but do you really need BL to explore your masculinity? If you are a young boy, just go do some teamsport, you'll learn everything you need to know right there. No need watching BL anime or reading BL manga to explore your masculinity imo.

If you crave for media content supporting the encouragement of masculinity, just stick to older movies of the 80's & 90's. I understand you don't get your healthy dose of male pride with the modern media content, that shid is mostly infected, twisted, distorted and cancerous.

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
Jun 19, 7:54 AM
Aug 2016
Not sure if you're trolling or not, because you seem to know little about the history of the genre(s).
Boys Love as a genre was created by women, in shoujo manga. It was always written by, and targeted towards, women. It was never about male identity, and men were never their target audience. It wasn't appropriated as much as it was never intended for men to begin with. It's about female fantasy, and it always has been.

Works targeted towards gay men are generally grouped under the name Bara (or just Gay Manga or Gay Comis (gei komi) in Japan). None of these have been adapted to anime though, owing to a much more niche market and a propensity for one-shot works that don't lend themselves to adaptation. Their depictions of males are also notably different from BL works, eschewing the rather effeminate, "dainty" boys for muscular, hairy, and just generally masculine men, reminiscent of bodybuilding and bear culture. Works by Tagame Gengorou are among the most important and representative of the genre.

Now the two are not super sharply divided, at least not anymore, but the vast majority of works you'll find tagged as BL on MAL in the anime and manga DB (there is no tag for Bara, arguably an oversight) will be from the female-focused lineage of works, and you'll at best find influences from Bara in animated works, such as manservice.
Jun 19, 9:34 AM

Sep 2016
Because of the fujoshi, why else.

Besides, I don't care about it because I'm not into yaoi, however I love yuri and men writing yuri stuff is a good thing!
So I don't share your sentiment that homosexual stuff should always be written by someone with the same sex.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jun 19, 9:45 AM

Feb 2016
lostsymphonies said:
Dear women, Boys' Love isn't about your fantasies! It's about OURS!

BL are actually about womens' fantasies. They are largely written by women because it always was their club and not yours.
その目だれの目?
Jun 19, 10:05 AM

Apr 2021
In the anime industry the reality is that you're the one trying to intrude their club. That's the truth and there's nothing you can do about it.
Jun 19, 10:15 AM

Apr 2020
most bl characters are feminine so i guess its easier for women to write. it still ends up being shit tho so idk.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 10:41 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to IpreferEcchi
That's not true because Boku no Pico was written by men.

@IpreferEcchi

this is for specifically pedophiles tho not any men
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 19, 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
BL is written by fujoshi for fujoshi. No one gives a shit about gay men in Japan.
Jun 19, 11:12 AM

Jan 2020
Women do write Yuri actually
It's more common than you think
Jun 19, 11:12 AM

Feb 2014
Um, is this bait? I don't want to read the whole first post to find out.
Jun 19, 11:30 AM

Aug 2021
I didn't read the whole text, but I'll tell you... one of the first BLs that aired on Japanese TV was Patalliro and Patalliro was created by a man and we also have Okane ga Nai which was made by two men(I think).

Jun 19, 11:40 AM
Sep 2013
100% Bait

30charlimitisdumbgrfgd
Jun 19, 11:43 AM

Oct 2019
I just want to know what are these mythical BL about encouragement of masculinity.

I don't think I have ever seen something like that. Closest thing is Jojo, but despite all the gay jokes that people make, it REALLY isn't even close to being something like a BL.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jun 20, 9:37 AM

Nov 2019
Because Boys' Love is Shoujo in disguise?
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 20, 1:06 PM

Jan 2020
Are you trolling? Women invented the Boys' Love club. Good on you if BL helps you I guess, but it was never exclusively for you, or any other men in general. The casual misogyny in your post just proves this point. Look at how incessantly you complain! Women do write yuri. There are male BL creators. Stop whining and look for them, you clearly know nothing about the history of the genre you claim to love.

« »
🍙 Koizumi Hanayo
Dareka Tasukete!!!
Jun 20, 1:25 PM

Aug 2020
...this is a troll post, yes? Or are you genuinely unaware of the history of BL? This "club" was created by these so-called "creatures" you want out so much. Everyone is free to join, but don't try to push some weird narrative of women "corrupting" BL culture.
Jun 20, 5:17 PM

Jun 2007
lostsymphonies said:
I earned my rank. I gave a lot for this shit. I was determined to be the best of my field. A lot of people have told me I changed their lives for the better. I faced up to my fears and anxieties. I tolerated it all. This is not why I did what I did.

What the heck is this paragraph even talking about? Is it just a test to see if people are reading the entire post? It made me think the whole thing was some kind of adapted copypasta, but no, apparently you came up with it all on your own. Conglaturations.

Everything that connects to MAL

Contains Ecchi, but not Tagged Ecchi: Part 1 || Part 2 || Part 3

Jun 20, 6:23 PM

Oct 2014
If you want boys love by men for men try reading some bara. You can also write some boys love yourself to fully embody a romance built out of pure testosterone if you want to.

Overall, women enjoy boys love more than men do, both writing and reading it. I think women are also just more open to LGBT romance in general since most yuri readers are also women, but it's not as big of a gap there, and also a higher portion of the male-targeted yuri get anime adaptations than the female-targeted ones, but that could also just be that more men watch anime. Shoujo and josei overall aren't as likely to get anime adaptations.
Jun 20, 6:43 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@IpreferEcchi

this is for specifically pedophiles tho not any men
@Kenzolo-folk Looking at the reaction/meme trends back then, it was also specifically for trolling newbies and other uninformed friends and seeing how far they can make it through on a dare, lol. That's how I ended up watching it at least, back in grade school.

Today, I guess it would be either Redo of Healer or the fetishy dog anime.
MoonSpiderJun 20, 6:48 PM

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 20, 8:25 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to MoonSpider
@Kenzolo-folk Looking at the reaction/meme trends back then, it was also specifically for trolling newbies and other uninformed friends and seeing how far they can make it through on a dare, lol. That's how I ended up watching it at least, back in grade school.

Today, I guess it would be either Redo of Healer or the fetishy dog anime.
@MoonSpider

they made this anime to specifically troll newbies? thats some dedication.
Jun 20, 8:32 PM

Mar 2008
This has to be bait. It's just too silly.
Jun 20, 8:49 PM
Feb 2021
tfym "who let them in"? They MADE the club. All the power to the fujoshis.

(this was hilarious though! keep up the good work fr. can't believe people are like "uhhh is this bait" skull emoji)
Jun 21, 1:53 PM

Mar 2012
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
@MoonSpider

they made this anime to specifically troll newbies? thats some dedication.
@Kenzolo-folk I mean, you said "this is for", not "this was MADE for" which is an important distinction. Definitely what it's used for 99% of the time imo, and why I think most people have it logged unless I'm just completely underestimating the shotacons.

(I mean, also technically I guess I shouldn't throw stones at the shota/loli-cons either because my masochist ass also enjoys hentai depicting scenarios that are very much illegal and I wouldn't do that stuff irl, so who am I to say the same isn't actually true of them? So calling them pedos is a bit of a step, for that reason alone. But yeah ONLY that reason, because obviously how weird and uncomfortable it is to watch is why it went viral.)

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Jun 21, 3:36 PM

Oct 2022
I know this is probably just bait but whatever. There is nothing wrong with women writing BL. Someone can create stories of stuff they've never experience before. Using your logic people can't write about war without actually being in it, people can't write about pirates without actually being one, people can't write about an explosion's loving wizard blowing up mountains in a fantasy world without actually being an explosion loving wizard blowing up mountains in a fantasy world, etc., etc. Trying to gatekeep storytelling in that way is very silly and will only hurt how people make and consume media if actually implemented.

This remind me of how people say that actors need to have the same traits as the person they are playing even though the whole point of acting is to pretend.
-Login to mal
-Looks at notifications
-Three messages deleted
"Oh no"
Jun 21, 4:40 PM

Apr 2024
I feel like it's pretty well known that the biggest consumers of homosexual media are straight people of the opposite gender. that includes BL
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Jun 21, 9:26 PM

Jan 2013
I'll admit, this is a different kind of bait. Not sure if that's good or bad.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.

More topics from this board

» If you could have 1 anime get licenced what would pick?

RareAnimeHunter - Sep 25

13 by Kruszer »»
10 minutes ago

» If you lived in the world of your favorite series, would you be happier or not?

Shizuna - 3 hours ago

12 by ShatteredSans »»
17 minutes ago

» Who is the most attractive anime character?

Rally- - Yesterday

34 by Jonas-K »»
22 minutes ago

» AMV HELL 8.5 Is Out

RareAnimeHunter - 2 hours ago

2 by RareAnimeHunter »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Vampires

Shizuna - Yesterday

47 by Jonas-K »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.