Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Some more background storytelling, this time on Miwa.

Gotta say, the way this anime focuses on certain cast members does make me care about them. It's realistic enough that it can be very relatable. Miwa herself needed more help to remember the bottle she once broke. This episode made very good usage of its music imo.
Jun 12, 8:30 AM

Dec 2021
To celebrate Kase getting permission to go out, Ryuu and Kitakata decide to bring back Bar Kaze where the three of them used to work, rebranding it as North Wind for one day only.

When Miwa was little, she accidentally broke a bottle of liquor that her father had prepared to reconcile with her grandfather, with whom he had been feuding. Unable to remember what kind of liquor it was, she asks Ryuu for help.

Jun 12, 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
Best episode yet, especially the first part.

I don't drink alcohol but I can relate a lot because the story has a common universal theme "a passage of time"

A passage of time can be both beautiful and cruel. Here, old-time customers of Kaze Bar are not looking for the best taste drink. They want to consume the drink made by a bartender with 60 years of experience (my estimate). Like a musician, people tend to go to concert played by a musician they grow up with instead of musician with best voice.

The second part is also enchanting. I once book a Japanese hotel that open in my country and the service is top notch, of course the price is expensive as expected.
Jun 12, 10:14 AM

Mar 2021
What a beautiful episode especially the first part with Kaze being allowed out of hospital one last time, it was so heartwarming to see him be able to stand behind the bar one last to do the job he loves the most.
Jun 12, 12:01 PM

Dec 2016
Too little too late.

The show wasted so much time on rando characters that it forgot to actually develop the main character and now we're forced to a cheap anime sad story in it's last episodes and we are supposed to feel empathy towards a wiki liquor bot.

Though, credit is where it's due. I did like the whole build up and deduction process on Miwa's broken bottle with multiple options and proper discarding based on their evidence. Back in episode 2 or 3 there was a pesky guy in the forum that kept saying that due to "anime magic" Sasakura was able to deduct the right drink for Miwa's grandfather despite there being zero real evidence about it (nothing more than a wild and lucky guess). Wished that episode had this level of build up and writing.

Back to roasting: We will always have this terrible single frame that somehow the artist managed to fuck up royally despite it having zero animation.

KimurahJun 12, 12:12 PM
Jun 12, 12:44 PM
Feb 2024
The tones and inflections the VAs use are so calming and suit the anime so well, catching up in this I learned way more about drinks than I knew before.
At any rate, I’m glad Kase-san got to go back to his bar one last time. It was beautiful seeing how much the place meant to him. And to his customers, too.
Bar Kaze really is a wonderful place.

“There’s only one kind of person that never makes any mistakes at work. Do you know what kind of person that is?”
“No.”
“The answer is someone who doesn’t work in the first place.”
The way he was always softspoken and kind to Sasakura is really heartwarming. He reminds me of my first boss 🥲, he’s the type of person that makes you happy you get to work for him. I’m glad Sasakura had someone like that in his life.
Jun 12, 1:51 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
So this was Kase's last hurrah as a bartender and his regulars wanted to celebrate with him. I had a feeling it was a whiskey bottle that Miwa was searching and Suntory is a popular brand of whiskey in Japan. With only one episode left, will Ryu finally accept the job offer to work at bar in the new hotel?

Jun 12, 2:19 PM

Jan 2016
If someone was able to catch that insert song, I'd love to know what it was

Very unfortunate storyboard choices here as it soften the blow and emotion of the scene. Had it been done in a different order, the whole sequence would've been way more impactful and tears would've been shed.
Still a very touching episode
My candies :
Jun 12, 2:26 PM

Jul 2022
It was interesting to see more of Sasakura. He seemed a bit rebellious, for lack of a better word, as if he was nervous or something. But now he has completely calmed down. That insult he threw at Kitakata was funny.

It's good that Kase was able to work at the bar one last time. It's sweet that he still had many customers lining up for a drink from him. I was worried he might be overworked, but I'm sure Kitakata and Sasakura made sure to follow up and keep an eye on his condition.

It seems like we're finally going to get Sasakura's answer. I'm curious to see what he says and what led to his decision. Narratively speaking, I can see him accepting as a conclusion for the season, but Miwa's grandfather annoyed me. Seeing that line "I get what I want" again reminded me of that feeling and how he was using Sasakura's photo on flyers. For a moment during the interview, I was worried he might mention something about the bar where he wants Sasakura, haha.

However, I like the relationship between Miwa and Sasakura. It feels like they've really become friends, and it's nice to see that no romantic aspect affects it in any way, even though it could have easily gone in that direction.
Jun 12, 2:38 PM

Mar 2023
I can't believe they finally adapted the first episode of the original series.
Jun 12, 6:29 PM
Apr 2012
Loved that episode and loved the insert song - "Swallow" by Gacharic Spin. I could be wrong about the name, but that's what I could find from the credits. Very old-fashioned style of song, but it fit the episode perfectly. Especially during the scene with the drink "Old-Fashioned." I hope to try one when I get the chance.
Jun 12, 6:37 PM
Apr 2012
Reply to Sephirod

Very unfortunate storyboard choices here as it soften the blow and emotion of the scene. Had it been done in a different order, the whole sequence would've been way more impactful and tears would've been shed.
Still a very touching episode
@Sephirod I loved that insert song as well. The only name I saw during the credits (apart from the credits song) was "Swallow" by Gacharic Spin.
Jun 12, 7:37 PM

Nov 2010
  • The first part of this episode is an arrangement of chapter 102-103.
  • The latter part is coming from chapter 23. The reason why the girl and her grandpa are aiming for the best hotel is told finally.
  • Cocktail of this week: Bond martini, old fashioned.
  • Iconic Japanese whiskies (bottles): Kaku-bin, Daruma, Black Nikka (1965).
    Also these are products with reasonable price and popularity.
kuroneko99Jun 13, 3:55 AM
Jun 12, 10:01 PM
Pirate King
Feb 2021
Ah Kase getting out of the hospital for a brief period was great and seeing him back behind the bar and saying 1 or 200 cocktails would be nothing was great to see someone of his age still managing 😂
Jun 12, 10:29 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Shining_Falcon
@Sephirod I loved that insert song as well. The only name I saw during the credits (apart from the credits song) was "Swallow" by Gacharic Spin.
@Shining_Falcon
Sephirod said:

Also used in the episode with Chen and the mystery girl from Kyoto (episode 5, I think?)

Jun 12, 10:40 PM

Jul 2021
I picked this back up after dropping it out of frustration, and I have to say I enjoyed the last few episodes more.

When Kase-san opened Bar Kaze one last time and lit up those "flames for the dead," I actually teared up a bit.

Then they moved on to the quest for the crystal bottle from 25 (?) years ago, which got resolved very quickly and in a way that doesn't quite make sense (why is Sasakura there to present the bottle anyway?! He's not even family). Also, the Suntory product placement continues to be a little overbearing...
Jun 13, 6:14 AM

Jul 2017
Miwa joins both Ryu and Kitakara in overseeing Kase's discharge from the hospital, these 3 people have been together for the better of 8 years, though the Glass of God is still the pinnacle of all cocktails. Since Bar Kaze is no longer around, the sign is what's left, something which Kitakara has safely kept arrears, and all the regular guests excited for its return thanks to Miwa's promotion on social media portraying North Wind as the old bar, even for one night only. Making cocktails for the regular guests, and then lighting them up as flames of death to mourn the passing of souls, as well as reminisce the relationship between young Ryu as a college student under Kase's tutelage as a mentor, even Ryu did change thanks to him, which speaks volumes about his way of life being a bartender.

Taizo ready to launch Hotel Cardinal's high-rise bar, it's only moments away from true realization. But a fight between Taizo and her father on how hotels should be run, both father and son really bickered their way of running hotels in different styles, that Miwa inadvertently caused her father's death in some way. For the 25 years of atonement, finding a crystal bottle liquor whisky like Remy Martins or Hennessys that matches her father's bottle, the structure of the bottle matters much, as well as its taste which evolves depending on when it's produced. The older the whisky, the more refined it is, and Miwa manages to reconcile Taizo with her father for that cause.

It's a good full circle for Miwa and her parents, and that's what matters the most...plus Taizo insisting that Ryu make the Glass of God.
Jun 13, 8:33 AM
Sep 2021
Sasakura learns new things & discover his love as a bartender. Let's see how the final episode will be.
Jun 13, 10:11 AM
Oct 2019
This episode was incredible, the message, everything about it was cool, humans aren't perfect, and we make mistakes, and that's what makes us stronger.
Thanks for the episode and please get married soon
Jun 13, 1:48 PM

Jan 2016
Reply to perseii
@Shining_Falcon
Sephirod said:

Also used in the episode with Chen and the mystery girl from Kyoto (episode 5, I think?)

@perseii @Shining_Falcon

Thanks to both of you!
My candies :
Jun 13, 3:43 PM
Jan 2021
This Anime somehow always manages to give me exactly what I need at that moment. A heartfelt, tearful episode. Hail to the Victorious Dead!
actuallytomJun 13, 3:46 PM
Jun 13, 6:19 PM

Jan 2016
These emotions
they are trying to upgrade my 8/10
but I'm not going to do it

Final episode coming up, regardless of what happens, grandpa will get Ryu one way or another. If not as a bartender, then as a grandson at least.

5/5 for this episode, got me super emotional on two completely different things.

Jun 14, 12:41 AM
Apr 2024
This episode made me cry from beginning to end, man, Mr. Kei is amazing and how cool it was to see a little about Sasakura's past and why he became a bartender, man this anime is incredible, how fun it is to watch. Now let's see if he will finally take over the bar at the Cardinal hotel, man this anime is very good, it's simple but the relationship between the bartenders and their customers is incredible
Jun 14, 7:38 AM
Mar 2021
I can't imagine facing the end of my life, perhaps the last time I could go outside - and going to work!
I guess bartending isn't a job, it's a way of life.
Jun 15, 11:00 AM

Oct 2017
That this is where I belong hit in the feels. One last job for Kase as he served drinks to his customers one last time. Got emotional watching. Also Ryu lighting fire alone later, does this mean Kase's dead? Damn.

More on Miwa, so she's in her late twenties. Ryu was able to find the drink and help her atone after 25 years. Also how is the two of them still not a thing, like come on.

One last episode to go. He's gonna accept the job in the finale I think.
Jun 16, 5:16 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Episode divide in two shorts....
...the first the old barman returns to the bar for one day..
...the second is the prelude to the question of he wiil work in the hotel or not!!!!
kekeke
Jun 18, 6:42 PM

Jul 2016
Man, the first half was so good. Especially the part with Kase lighting up some drinks to honor his customers who passed away.

As for the second half with Miwa and her grandfather, I think the og version executed that storyline better but it was still a solid segment nonetheless.

Another fantastic episode. Looking forward to the finale.
Jun 19, 11:49 AM

May 2020
I'm glad he was able to serve one last time, to those who still waits around and to those who passed away. Again though, I know this show is about bartending and alcohol and such, but grandfather shouldn't drink a full bottle of whisky as is lol.
Jun 20, 6:10 AM

Jul 2023
Best episode so far, and it comes in two parts.

1. the final, one-day opening of Bar Kaze, where Ryu assists his mentor for his final bartending duties before he leaves this world.

2. Miwa asking Ryu to find the wine that she broke when she was young. This is actually shown in episode 2 of the original anime where the emotions were really drawn out.

Here, it is put where it makes the most narrative sense.

And finally, when Ryu says to Miwa that he will treat her, how can these two not be dating? They're dating even if both of them do not admit it.
Jun 20, 10:36 AM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Lovely way to pay respects to your mentor. Not only was he able to open up Kaze bar for one more night but to "talk" with his deceased comrades through the magic of lit up glasses. On the other hand Miwa has gotten so close to Ryu that she was able to ask him for the drink that might have prevented her father's death. Huge hypothetical mind you but emotional nonetheless.

Now onto the finale comes Ryu's final decision as to whether accept the job at the hotel bar or not. Let's see what happens.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Jun 22, 12:18 PM
Sep 2017
Beautiful episode! The first part is getting me emotional for sure. Overall theme of this episode is quite beautiful in itself too! Walking the past, and also making peace with the past.
Great stuff.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 3

144 by MisterKnight748 »»
Jul 25, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 8

67 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Jul 18, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

34 by snowykevin »»
Jul 17, 9:30 PM

» Now it's over , REMAKE vs ORIGINAL (no spoiler)

CONQUERT - Jul 7

17 by Aka_Saber »»
Jul 16, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Bartender: Kami no Glass Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19

73 by wallus81 »»
Jul 15, 12:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.