Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 30, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
They did a fantastic job at protraying Yhwach imo. The way he commands his forces and leads with his fierceness is just incredible.

A very intense episode but it was also obvious used to set up for the next cour/season, which will air in 2024. I kinda wish some of the main characters and captains got spotlight in this episode but it's understandable they gave Royal Guards and Yhwach more priority given the plot direction. Still a fantastic season imo.

May 2020
After squeezing every drop of power from every sternritter down there, it goes without saying, once down and out royal guards were breathing fire right now, and Yhwach himself too, against Ichibei, or atleast he was trying to.

But hey liked how the squad zero literally went, we don't care, and humbled the royal guards. As for Yhwach, if Ichibei ceasing his powers or his arm or his name wasn’t already enough in itself, he used his bankai Ichimonji.. anything he cuts with this will lose its name, quite OP lol. Though… though, we need to first appreciate the hell out of those people whose idea was to give squad zero against royal guards, that ABSOLUTELY EPIC conclusion,…

… seeing Senjumaru’s bankai animated, and later on whatever it did to those goons was nothing short of greatness, not sure if it was like that way in the manga, so if it's anime original, then all better. That was the BEST ANIMATED banaki yet. Jesus, they really saved the best for the last. As for Yhwach, he looks dead, for now at the very least, so we’ll just leave it at that.

They previewed the trailer of the third cour already, and it’s looking sick, honestly lol. Next year it is for now.

Can’t lie and say this one topped the first cour, but it ain’t much behind either, moreover after this last episode, and such original content.

Dec 2021
HOLY SHIT SENJUMARU'S BANKAI?

As the quinces inside Hikifune's cage battle Squad Zero, at the top of the Reio Palace, Ichibe surprises Yhwach with Ichimonji's unique abilities. Yhwach struggles to grasp its form and lack of Reiatsu. Ichibe taunts him for confusing a pen with a sword, launching an attack. They clash, and Yhwach realizes Ichibē's ink nullifies names, including his sword's.

I've always wanted to see one of the Squad Zero's Bankai in the manga, but we never did. So I'm glad Kubo came back and put Senjumaru's Bankai, and man was it worth the wait to see it. It's cool and shit and overpowered as shit. Honestly, I'm not sure what all this darkness signifies. Is it referring to inner turmoil, literal darkness, or both? And how does it relate to names? Well, regardless, I can't deny that Ichibe's eerie appearance never fails to intrigue me. Am I mad the credits took up more time? Yeah, but that ED is a banger so I'll allow it. But yeah, this episode pissed me off. Can't believe they cut out Yhwach vs. Ichibei for next Cour. They really hyped up this two episode airing back to back for no reason. Half of it was credits and the other half was the Kon thing from back in the day. It gave me nostalgia so maybe I'll forgive them.

A massive step down from last cour imo. With like 80 chapters left to adapt, expect a shit ton of anime exculsive content from here on out.

Cour 3 Trailer:

Sep 30, 2023 8:01 AM

Feb 2021
I'm honestly astounded at how good this finale was. If they keep the amount of new content consistent for cours 3 and 4 this might be one of the best shonen adaptations of all time. Cour 3 looks great too judging from the trailer.
Sep 30, 2023 8:04 AM

Apr 2020
Not as good as the 1st part imo but it ended in a high note..
Still very enjoyable and overall better than the manga.
8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Sep 30, 2023 8:05 AM

Oct 2012
Literally Peak Fiction. I was really surprised at the Senjumaru Bankai and it was beautiful and terrifying. It's all new content for the anime so even manga readers will be happy

Everything felt cinematic, from the animation (even if not as fluid ) to the music. Thank you Kubo and Pierrot staff.
Sep 30, 2023 8:07 AM

Jul 2012
What a masterful way to end the season, I'm just upset that we will have to wait again for a while AAAAAAAAA

I want the next episodes so badly lol

5/5 episode

And this is getting a well-deserved 9/10 from me, my favorite anime this season for sure (mine usually aren't battle shounens, but this was far too much fun not to put it on top).
Sep 30, 2023 8:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was a heck of a finish to reach the halfway point of the arc. We don't know exactly when the next cour will be coming out except for the 2024 reveal but I'm guessing they'll take their time and return in Spring season, which honestly is totally fine for me. Pretty cool trailer, btw. CGI use of the show thus far has just been incredible and that's another flex by Studio Pierrot.

Senjumaru-san's trippy Bankai followed by Ichibe-san's display of sheer power, definitely trumped that of Ywach's powerup, but something tells me that's just for the time being. Credits for another short recap of events this season. It feels a little overdone given that there was the special pv that came out on their YT channel but it feels complete this way so I don't mind.

Ichigo's still on his way up, you'd have to feel something will give by then and I can't wait to see what that'll be like.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 30, 2023 8:10 AM

Sep 2012
Absolutely insane how good the last 3 episodes have been, such a massive improvement over the source material is not even funny.

They did Squad Zero justice, the animation was fantastic, the ost was on point, they showed another new bankai aside from Ichibei...all fantastic stuff, Kubo really cooked and knocked that stuff out of the park. Cour 2 imo was the weakest part of the arc in the manga (aside from the rushed final fight) but it was still really high quality in the anime, with the only downside being the weak cliffhanger, they REALLY should've ended it at

Overall, I would give Cour 2 a 8.5 or 9/10, compared to the 9+ that was Cour 1. THIS is how you do an anime adaptation.

See you all Bleach fans 6 months from now, Cour 3 is gonna be insane if they adapt it as well as this one.
Sep 30, 2023 8:13 AM

Jun 2014
YOOOO SENJUMARU'S BANKAI???? That wasn't in the manga so what a treat LET'S GOOOO!!!

Man they absolutely cooked with these final 2 episodes. Everything was on point, especially musically and visually, and it's just been a back and forth brawl between Squad Zero and the Quincies. Love how they did Squad Zero justice here and made them actually put up more of a fight compared to being jobbers in the manga. We got yet another highly enjoyable cour, you can tell how much love and care is being poured into this adaptation. The tweaks and changes that are being made to this arc for the better is the best thing that could have happened to TYBW. Can't wait for the next part, probably in April 2024.
thebrentinator24Sep 30, 2023 10:20 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 30, 2023 8:14 AM

Jan 2019
Senjumaru Shutara's bankai absolutely carried the finale, holy f that was so creative, likely the most creative bankai I've ever seen. She probably is the strongest female character in the verse now.
They definitely put some respect on Squad 0 names, most manga readers used to think they were jobbers... well, not anymore.

Ichibei (Osho) vs Yhwach, I have to say I was expecting a bit more, but it's fine, they wanted to focus more on other Squad 0 members, lots of new scenes for them, very different from the manga, so they had to cut the Yhwach fight in half. Fair enough, at least we saw the badass Ichimonji.

What is Ukitake about to do? Where is Shunsui going? I feel like just a small Aizen cameo would make this season finale perfect, unfortunately it didn't happen.

8/10 for Cour 2, mainly for the staff dedication, which is pretty good giving the fact that this part of the arc is the weakest in the manga. I've never liked this Second Invasion to begin with, however there are highlights such as Rukia vs As Nodt and Zaraki vs Gremmy.
Sep 30, 2023 8:22 AM
May 2021
Such a good cour!! So much happened this part ahh!!! 🔥🔥🔥 Senjumaru’s bankai was fckn creative holy shittt.
Sep 30, 2023 8:29 AM
Dec 2017
All that fast pacing throughout the season and you use 5 minutes for illustrated soul reaper's guide????? I loved the addition of Senjumaru's bankai, but what an abrupt way to end the season. I'm thankful for the adaptation but I really feel like it could be better. Luckily there are about 80 chapters left to adapt for two cours so I can see tons of additions.
Sep 30, 2023 8:34 AM

Oct 2017
Senjumaru Shutara's bankai was lit af, boi that was cool and love her demeanor. The quincies and Yhwach lost? Yeah nope but let's see what happens next in next cour whenever that is in 2024. Good cour again, though the first cour was better.
MegamiRemOct 1, 2023 6:16 AM
Sep 30, 2023 8:45 AM
Nov 2022
Kubo took the DO fraud allegations from the manga seriously wtf
And the aushwalen was beyond beautiful
The ost were godly too
Sep 30, 2023 8:47 AM
Feb 2023
Senjumaru Bankai!!!!!!!! I am crying now Thank you Kubo for this wonderful COUR!!
Sep 30, 2023 8:47 AM
Oct 2022
WE end it off on a cliffhanger of ichibe black ink on ywach.
Sep 30, 2023 8:54 AM

Apr 2021
Based on what I remember from reading the manga, the third part is something I'm really looking forward to.

Putting that aside, this season was just fantastic!!!! I loved everything about it. The animation, the songs, and lots more.

Easily the best show of summer 23!!!!

I can't wait to see Bleach again in 2024!!!
Joel77Sep 30, 2023 10:44 AM
Sep 30, 2023 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
That was a beautiful finale.
Studio Pierrot did a wonderful job animating the manga and Tite Kubo did a phenomenal job directing the anime to include new anime only content.
I got goosebumps from watching this finale. Hearing Shiro Sagisu - Treachery OST play in the background was just chef's kiss. Just made the battles even more epic.

Seeing both Senjumara Shutara and Ichibe's Bankai were insane. Shutara's bankai had to be the most unique bankai's I've ever seen. It was fabulous! I love how she uses her cloth to roll out the red carpet. Her cloth manipulation to mirror the quincy guards surroundings were lethal. They all saw their demise. Ichibe's bankai is kind of broken and OP. Like who knew that a splatter of black ink on you will render your name useless? Yhwach totally didn't see that coming. Ha! Take that black ant Yhwach!

WOOOOOO! CAN'T WAIT FOR COUR 3 IN 2024! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!

WE TAKING IT TO THE ROYAL PALACE WITH THIS ONE!

Sep 30, 2023 9:31 AM

Jul 2021
The episode gave me mixed feelings. I was kinda happy that we got more than the manga but at the same time it felt kinda underwhelming. It was just wait till i show you my power kinda stuff.Only yuha vs ichibe was amazing. And what's with 3 royal guards sacrificing themselves 😳
Overall 8/10 for the cour
Sep 30, 2023 9:33 AM

Aug 2019
What a lackluster finale that was. They skipped Ukitake's scene from the manga which would've given him an actual purpose in this cour, but I guess he just doesn't matter anymore. They also spent way too long on the Sternritter. I mean sure it was cool that we actually got to see Shutara's Bankai in the anime which didn't exist in the manga, but the CGI was horrible as usual.

The fact that Yhwach vs Ichibe didn't conclude in this finale is what really bugs me though. The animation didn't go crazy either which might've saved this episode but no, it was average animation and an unfinished fight. Now we have to wait until next year for cour three and more of the same crap as usual. And yet y'all wonder why folks were dragging the anime's staff two weeks ago...
Sep 30, 2023 9:34 AM

Jan 2009
they added a lot of bonus content eh i do not remember the zero squad fighting a lot and even one of them showing their bankai too
Sep 30, 2023 9:35 AM

Jun 2019
Senjumaru's bankai was so fucking cool. What a great episode and end to this cour. I loved it. It ends on a cliffhanger as expected. LOL. Can't wait for the next cour.
Sep 30, 2023 9:46 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to Early_Morning
What a lackluster finale that was. They skipped Ukitake's scene from the manga which would've given him an actual purpose in this cour, but I guess he just doesn't matter anymore. They also spent way too long on the Sternritter. I mean sure it was cool that we actually got to see Shutara's Bankai in the anime which didn't exist in the manga, but the CGI was horrible as usual.

The fact that Yhwach vs Ichibe didn't conclude in this finale is what really bugs me though. The animation didn't go crazy either which might've saved this episode but no, it was average animation and an unfinished fight. Now we have to wait until next year for cour three and more of the same crap as usual. And yet y'all wonder why folks were dragging the anime's staff two weeks ago...
@Early_Morning which Ukitake scene did they skip? If you're talking about his interaction with Shunsui, it happens on episode 25 post-credits.
Ukitake's purpose is fine, we'll see it next cour, why you're trying to generate panic?
Sep 30, 2023 9:46 AM

May 2023
This is peak right here ladies and gentleman. The anime original stuff was so good especially Senjumarus bankai. And the auswählen scene was also beyond beatiful.

Stuido Pierrot and Kubo cooked for us and we ate
Sep 30, 2023 10:10 AM

Jul 2011
After making and sounding like Shutara's Bankai is a big deal. The Bankai literally sent ripples between worlds, I expect Schutzstaffel real dead.

Now, wait for the next season.
Sep 30, 2023 10:15 AM

Oct 2009
Senjumaru's bankai was sick. Cool to learn that the zero squad individually are stronger than Yamamoto. Wish we had time to see all of their bankai lol Good episode but abrupt ending. Would have been better to end on Yhwach unlocking the almighty. Thought the episode was supposed to be titled A.

Sep 30, 2023 10:15 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to neffst3r
@Early_Morning which Ukitake scene did they skip? If you're talking about his interaction with Shunsui, it happens on episode 25 post-credits.
Ukitake's purpose is fine, we'll see it next cour, why you're trying to generate panic?
@neffst3r Was it? The "post-credit" scene wasn't shown in the version of the episode that I saw. I'm not trying to generate "panic", I was simply wondering why the scene was apparently cut, which I guess I was wrong about.

Something that important probably should've been shown in the main part of the episode itself since it'll be very relevant later, not just shoved after the end credits. Dunno what the studio is thinking.
Sep 30, 2023 10:17 AM

Jul 2016
Peak shounen. They did a great job showing how strong is the squad 0. This time they didn't appear to be some random with good design. Shutara's bankai is soo hype and it rose my hopes to see Aizen's bankai. Who knows?
Sep 30, 2023 10:21 AM
Sep 2023
very good cour not one my favourites solid 7/10 rating now the next two cours will be very important considering how mid it is in manga especially the ending
Sep 30, 2023 10:25 AM
Jun 2012
Reply to neffst3r
@neffst3r

This guy "Early_Morning" has posted criticism in every episode's thread. Never does he post anything positive. Look at his profile and you'll see One Piece favorites everywhere. Obviously a biased fanboy that you can't take seriously.
lpjp200Sep 30, 2023 10:34 AM
Sep 30, 2023 10:40 AM
Feb 2023
Gotta be honest. One of the best adaptations ever made and I think one of the animes that didn’t only respect the source material but improve on it. I am so happy to see Bleach going all out like this and hope the 3rd cour is better and better. Looking forward to this than ever before.
Sep 30, 2023 10:41 AM

Aug 2019
Seemed a bit unnecessary for most of squad 0 to sacrifice themselves because they bound their own power, but I guess that's kinda meant to mirror the Auswählen, except that it's a joint choice between them

Felt like an abrupt place to end this cour. Overall couldn't keep us with the level from 1st cour, but that was a riduclously high bar

Sep 30, 2023 10:42 AM

Jan 2019
Reply to lpjp200
@neffst3r

This guy "Early_Morning" has posted criticism in every episode's thread. Never does he post anything positive. Look at his profile and you'll see One Piece favorites everywhere. Obviously a biased fanboy that you can't take seriously.
@lpjp200 You just have to accept that some people made hating Bleach their personality over a decade ago and haven't grown up any since.

Meanwhile my boi Ichibei:
Sep 30, 2023 10:45 AM

Dec 2015
Senjumaru's bankai was so freaking amazing! Ichibei's ability is so racist lmao... the ending is kinda anticlimactic not exactly what i thought

overall i think the 1st cour is better but still give 10/10 cuz it's Bleach ahah..

so apparently next cour is april 2024? see you in 6 months then
Sep 30, 2023 10:46 AM
Feb 2023
@neffst3r I would ignore anyone with that kind of profile especially with the kind of criticism of “they didn’t rush the fight so it can finish on the finale” kind of criticism. Plus the “CGI” criticism is just a giveaway since he couldn’t find any criticism to say. Like I would get if the story quality dropped in this cour with quality of fights but he didn’t even mention that and didn’t give credit that they literally fixed alot of the manga issues.
Sep 30, 2023 10:54 AM

Jul 2012
God fucking damn it that was PEAK fiction right there. Love the changes from the manga and the additions. 10/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2023 10:58 AM
Nov 2022
I just hope they will take more time this time, I love the anime but we need at least a big episode like 6 S1 on each cour.
This season the animation was nothing special
Sep 30, 2023 11:00 AM

Jun 2023
Dare I say, peak fiction.
AntithesisOct 1, 2023 11:00 AM
Sep 30, 2023 11:03 AM

Apr 2018
Well, to be fair, this cour was underwhelming in many different ways. Espically on the animation, even though the art style and usage of SFX is incredibly fucking beautiful and insane, it's just still frames over and over throughout the whole season. Compared to the other cour where we had insane choreography and fluid animation (Yamamoto vs Yhwach and also Icihigo vs Yhwach). But, the last two episodes of the cour gave me the same vibes. This was insane, I like Ichibei's overwhelming power of command. He fears nothing, just does whatever he wants. Also, Senjumaru's bankai was so beautiful. But, you never know the bleach formule where the enemy comes back with another power up lol.

Obvly, animation is not everything. This cour had a lot of other strong points ( (cinematic) direction, SFX and soundtrack)
Ichibei vs Yhwach was pretty good ngl.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 30, 2023 11:06 AM
Oct 2022
laxan said:
they tell the runtime of the last episode will be 1 hours but it's not 1 hr

They said exactly the same for last cour tybw 1.
This time I thought there should be another part of episode or so because
last episode felt anti climatic for me .
Sep 30, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2017
I don't post on forums, extremely rare, but just tryin' to say... Ok i had high expectations, but holy shit this went beyond what i had imagined.
Perfection.
Sep 30, 2023 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
This was such an improvement over the manga I don't even know where to begin.
Also fuck Kon for trolling me in the end, though I am glad they referenced some comedy skits that were skipped from the manga
Sep 30, 2023 11:09 AM
Jul 2022
10/10 episode, anime onlys just wait for the next cour
Sep 30, 2023 11:12 AM

Jun 2014
Reply to lpjp200
@neffst3r

@lpjp200 And I just want to add, that even though they're a One Piece fan, it's literally nothing but complaints and criticism over the nitpickiest shit in the episode/chapter threads too. This person is clearly impossible to satisfy and just bitches over the dumbest things. Just look at what they said about the CGI for Senjumaru's Bankai lol. That alone says a lot about the worth of their opinions.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Sep 30, 2023 11:17 AM
Oct 2022
Senjumaru bankai isn't there in manga ??
Easily the best bankai in the series for me (This surpasses byakuyas which was my previous#1). She clutched all other Quincys with that giant loom Beautiful bankai for the beautiful lady .

Kinda dissatisfied for expecting more from Yhwach.

Anyways it's time to wait for the next season.

Sep 30, 2023 11:24 AM
Jul 2023
This finale truly showed why Bleach is apart of the Big 3
Sep 30, 2023 11:25 AM
Jul 2023
Man its sad no more bleach saturdays but at least its returning soon 2024 les goo
JeffleshepSep 30, 2023 11:28 AM
Sep 30, 2023 11:28 AM
Aug 2023
What the hell was this man. Its was great episode. I was at that bankai man. It was so cool. Really after seeing so many I can say bleach has one of the best fighting scenes in anime. I can't wait for next season there's so much to it. Really it will be cold when aizen comes next season.
Sep 30, 2023 11:44 AM

Jul 2020
It was going so great, why fucking Kon again !
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Softhenic03 - Jul 8, 2023

366 by SztanTheMan »»
Sep 23, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2023

164 by caoxs »»
Sep 18, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2023

96 by Danuczc »»
Sep 17, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2023

229 by wallus81 »»
Sep 13, 2:42 PM

Poll: » Bleach: Sennen Kessen-hen - Ketsubetsu-tan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2023

283 by wallus81 »»
Sep 9, 11:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.